Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sabrina's Adventure Re: ❯ 1. Encounter ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
was formerly known as Sabrina the Guardian. Now I have grown a little (now 18, was here before at 14) and experienced many things during that time I was gone. And I figured I’d get back to my stories, which I thought I have grown out of doing.


====================================================== =====================

15 Years Ago….

“We were living a perfectly normal life in the bustling city of Station Square…”

“Uh huh?”

“We had just started building our family, with the birth of our twins…”

“Twins?”

“A son and daughter.”

“Well how wonderful!”

“It was wonderful; they were the most beautiful children…but…”

“You’re tearing in the eyes…did something happen?”

“He attacked the city…”

“Who…?”

“He took everyone prisoner and made them his slaves, and if we didn’t cooperate with him, he’d kill us…”

“Oh my god! How terrible!”

“The children were just toddlers when he took over Station Square…he had a most evil look in his eyes, we knew he was going to show no mercy toward us…”

“What did he do?”

“He sent an army of machines and weaponry into the city, destroying each building one by one, capturing each civilian and transporting them to a metallic city, where they forced us into doing the mans dirty work…”

“And your children?”

“He told everyone that their children would either be used for biomechanical experiments, or be forced into professional assistants for him, depending if they had certain ‘special qualities’….”

“How did you get here?”

“Me and my husband attempted to escape the city, but as we were attempting to rescue our children, we were captured and sentenced to biomechanical testing, where we soon perished…”

“That cruel man!”

“His name was Dr. Ivo Robotnik, we never did find out what his plans were or what had happened to our children…”

“Oh by the way, what are the names of your children?”

“The girl is Sabrina, she was such a sweet and quiet one…”

“And the boy?”

“…..”

“Can you remember?”

“No…”

“Don’t worry; you’ll remember his name soon! But the reason you’re here is because of your daughter…”

“Sabrina?”

“Yes. You see, she has a special gift from me…”

“A…gift…?”

“Yes, one that has lied dormant for much of her life.”

“What is this gift? And what does it do?”

“Only she can find out, because that gift is about to awaken inside of her…”

“Wait, are you telling me she’s alive? Is Sabrina alright??”

“Yes, she is alive, but I do not know the extent of her condition…”

“Well what about my son?!”

“That I do not know either, it may be up to Sabrina to locate him…”

“Please! Tell me as much as you know about them!”

“It is time for me to go, so I must send you back…Farewell…”

“NO! She’s gone…”

“Soon enough you will know where they are, just be patient…”

“Wait…before you go! Can I at least know your name?”

“My name? Well…”

“OBSI---”

“AHH!” *Clank!*

I wake up to with a large lump on the head again…great. That’s the third time I had the same dream, and end up slamming my head on the dumpster. I feel like I have a concussion. I’m dehydrated, I’m hungry, and cold; my fingers and toes nearly frostbitten. It’s just another morning in the slums of Station Square, where the most desperate people live homeless, penniless, and live on the edge of life. It’s the middle of winter, and right now keeping warm was my top priority.

“Ahhh…” I sighed in salvation as I find a group of dryer vents behind an apartment complex. I carefully loosen the shaggy blanket from around me, being careful not to expose myself to the zero-degree wind chill. My golden fur softens and my skin becomes hydrated as I bathe myself in the endless bath of steam. I peer under my cover to notice the growing mounds on my chest; I find it ugly and embarrassing! It’s no wonder the neighborhood boys always harass me these days!

Times have been becoming harder and harder as I’ve grown up in the alleyways, but I have to work harder to get myself enough food and shelter. It’s hard to do that when you have people constantly behind your back, laughing at your small size and furry body. I live in a human world, but I feel I don’t belong here. At times, the younger poor children of the slums come to me for warmth because of my fur. I find it very comforting to support such children, who have no parents or siblings to help and protect them. This makes me wonder, if I have any parents or siblings of my own…

“Ooohh!” I shiver as the steam is replaced by the icy wind. I quickly cover myself up and huddle towards the main alley, where most homeless children find their food behind many restaurants and businesses. Fortunately, the chefs and business owners are very generous in this part of the city, and openly serve free meals and leftovers for us. My specialty--the Italian restaurant. It’s closest to my living areas and has the best stuff, plus there’s less competition as most other people ignore this place.

“Sabrina! Where are you little angel?” I heard in my ears as one of the Italian cooks called me over to the back door, where a small makeshift table was made especially for me. His genuine Italian accent makes me blush every time I hear him. I calmly walk to the table and sit myself down, quietly smiling at the cook, who was named Giordano.

“There you are! I brought you your favorite pasta today! And what’s this? Did you hurt your head again?” He examines the large bump on my furry scalp before bringing a hot rice bag to soothe the pain. He smiles at me before returning to work in the kitchen, allowing me to eat my rather large bowl of pasta, which is enough to fill me for a whole day.

“Thank you, Giordano!” I say happily as I hand him my dishes and let him reheat my rice bag. He smiles as he returns my bag, looking me in the eyes. “You’re growing so quickly, you’re like a daughter to me. I hope you do find a good family soon…” He says as he kneels down to hug me tightly. Giordano has fed me for as long as I could remember. He was like a father to me as well…

Stuffed, I return to my living quarters and pick up a newspaper, and begin practicing my reading skills. I’m one of the few children in the slums to not know how to read. I’m learning quickly though, so it won’t be long until I’m up to their level. It isn’t long before I fall asleep; clutching the strange blue red-footed doll I received from Giordano a few months ago…

------------------------------------------------------- -

“SABRE! Wake up you lazy hedgehog!” I barely heard that call. I suddenly wake up on my back against a cold metal floor. The Doctor had once again mechanically flipped my sleeping quarter. I grunted in discomfort and fatigue, as he had let me have little or no rest over the past week.

“What do you want now, doctor?” I sigh as I lazily straighten out my outgrown quills. I’ve known the doctor as long as I could remember; he treats me different from his other assistants. He treats me as if I’m his son rather than a slave like I’ve seen others become. Lately he’s been pushing my tolerance to the limit. I need to rest, I need to bathe, and I need to reorganize myself…

“I’m running out of test subjects for my cyborg project! I need you to go to the slums of Station Square and pick up a few young ones I can test with. Apparently it’s the energy of the youth that is the key to my projects success! I also need you to find me a chaos emerald for backup energy!”

“Doctor, I need to rest…” My comment was back lashed by his cold words.

“Do it now! Or you’ll end up as one of them!”

*sigh* “As you wish…” I gather up what remains of my energy and begin to run toward nearby Station Square.

As I arrive in the city a short time later, I nearly collapse in fatigue. The doctor had me specially trained to do such hard work, but he’s pushing me to the limit. My overworked muscles ache…

I finally reach my destination, the slums. The doctor demanded I bring young humans to him for his experiments. The homeless people are my first to target…

---------------------------------------------------- --------

“There she is! Get her!”

I wake up from my nap to find a group of teenage boys in front of me, snickering.

“What’s up, hedgefreak!” The leader of the group said, poking my black nose. They were all wealthy boys from the nearby neighborhood. They love to beat up the homeless, particularly those that were not human.

“Go away!” I say cowardly. I knew they were much stronger than me.

“Heh, you’d make a nice new fur coat for my sister!” The leader said, flipping out a pocket knife along with the other boys.

“Attack!” At once, all the teenagers lunged in. I was cornered in my sleeping corner, I was doomed. I closed my eyes tightly and braced myself, screaming for mercy…

I suddenly heard the sound of boys screaming in pain, then the thuds of bodies. I opened my eyes to see all the boys lying on the ground. I cautiously leaned forward to check if they were alive, when a heavy black boot suddenly fell on my hand.

“AHH! Let go!” I shouted in pain as the foot lightened it’s weight on my hand. I looked up slowly to see a short person covered with a black hood. The only thing I could see of it was a short yellow tail with a black tip.

“You’re coming with me!” With that the person suddenly put it’s gloved hand on my right shoulder and squeezed hard. I heard a crack, then a sharp pain, and then I blacked out…




======================================== =====================

Well, that’s it for my first chapter. Worked all night on it, so give good reviews!