Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Scotty The Crime Smiter ❯ A New Threat ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Legal Stuff:

I don't own any of the characters in this story. They are the properties of their respective owners.

Author's Notes:

Well, I haven't written in this one in a while… I guess it's time to try again.

Chapter 2: A New Threat

When everyone arrived to tell King Arrow about what they had seen, everyone was there, listening. The three knights explained everything, and King Arrow rubbed his chin, thinking.

Arrow: Hmm… Well, this is quite troubling.

Billy: Yes. Perhaps Robotnik's developed a flying machine of some sort…

Tails: It might be a magic trick, something to fool us.

Billy: I highly doubt that. There is at least one other possibility.

Scotty: And that is?

Arrow: <sigh> We may have a dragon on our hands-A big one, from the sound of it.

Scotty: Hmm…That's not good. I remember the last time we dealt with one of those.

Sonic: It took weeks to rebuild, and that was just a young one…

Arrow: We need to find out for sure. Sonic, I need you to-

He was interrupted by the sounds of screams from outside. Everyone rushed to the windows, and saw parts of the village of Olde York, which surrounded the castle, on fire.

Sonic: The village is burning!

Arrow: Tend to it right away. Someone send for large amounts of water, immediately!

Sonic and the others rushed from the castle, trying to find what had caused the fire. That's when their fears were confirmed; a large, dark green dragon was flying above Olde York and torching the buildings with its fiery breath.

Scotty: We have to stop it!

Sonic: But how?

They ran closer, and were soon under its next flight path. They watched as the creature turned far in the distance, and came rushing at them. Scotty readied his sword as Metal-2 activated his crossbows. Sonic was trying to come up with a plan.

Sonic: Get ready guys, here it comes!

The dragon was drawing closer with each second, flying very fast. Metal-2 fired his weapons, but they were completely ineffective. Scotty lunged at it with his sword, but missed. Sonic had to duck away when the creature tried to grab him as it went past.

Metal-2: Drat! This one's immune!

Sonic: Figures…Metal, get some water ready for when this is over!

Metal-2: Okay…Sorry, and good luck.

Metal-2 ran away to find some water to put out the fires. His weapons were useless against the dragon since it was immune to magic, and Metal-2's crossbow arrows were created from magic. So, he left the fight. Meanwhile, Sonic looked around for a long, thick rope while the dragon went around for another pass.

Sonic: Come on, there's gotta be one here somewhere…

He desperately searched, and soon found what he needed. Sonic grabbed a large coil of rope from a nearby merchant stall, and tied a knot in it. The dragon made a wide, fast turn, and came back. Sonic spun the rope, and lassoed the creature around the neck as the dragon flew overhead.

Scotty: nice one, Sonic…<looks down> Uh-oh…Sonic!

Sonic: What is it, Sco-AAAAHHHH!!!

The rope had looped around his leg, and the dragon pulled Sonic away by the ankle. The hedgehog was pulled through the streets, unable to stop the powerful creature. Scotty followed him, and soon caught up. He ran alongside Sonic.

Sonic: Hey, Scott, would you mind giving me a hand here?

Scotty: How about a blade, instead?

Scotty took his sword, and cut the rope. Sonic skidded to a stop, and the dragon flew from their sight. Scotty turned to a scraped and bruised Sonic, and spoke to him.

Scotty: Tell me, Sonic, just what were you planning to do after snaring the dragon?

Sonic: To be honest, I hadn't thought that far ahead.

Scotty: <shakes head> <sigh> Sonic, you're crazy, you know that?

Before Sonic could answer, a huge streak of fire burst down in front of them, and moved away. They saw its source, the dragon, flying away from them.

Sonic: That was too close!

Scotty: No kidding…You got any ideas?

Sonic: No, not really. You?

Scotty: Just one-RUN!

They both managed to dodge another blast from the dragon after it had turned around. The creature was now hunting them, and had forgotten about wrecking the village. The two hedgehogs ran toward the castle, and met Billy near the door.

Billy: Guys! I have an idea!

Scotty: I hope it's better than my last one…

Sonic: Or mine.

Billy: It'll involve both of your ideas, as a matter of fact. There are some logs near the stables. Take one and run after the dragon. Tie the log to the rope, and everything should work out.

Scotty: All right. Let's go for it!

Sonic: Wait a second! How's that gonna work?

Scotty pulled Sonic toward the stables, and they picked up one of the smaller, lighter logs that was on the ground. Working to together, they ran after the dragon, which was headed for them. The creature passed over them, and turned around. They were all headed back toward town as the dragon flew in front of them. The rope dangled from it, and Scotty reached for it. He made the grab, and Sonic helped him tie it to the log. They both let go of the piece of wood, and it turned sideways, at right angles to the rope. The dragon entered the town, and it was long before it happened. The log was stopped on both sides by the corners of buildings, and the dragon was forcefully thrown to the ground.

Scotty: All right! We got him!

Sonic: Let's finish it off!

They both ran after the creature, which was struggling back to its feet. They soon reached it, and Scotty drew his sword. He ran toward the dragon's head, but the lizard saw him and roared a stream of fire at the hedgehog. Scotty jumped to the side, barely avoiding the flames. The fire scorched the rope, and one more tug from the dragon snapped it. The creature stood up, and blew fire at them both once more as it took off. The force from the dragon's wings blew the two hedgehogs back while the dragon escaped.

Sonic: He's getting away!

Scotty: There's nothing we can do!

Sonic: Well…at least it looks like he's leaving…

Scotty: Huh?

They both watched as the dragon lifted high into the air, and flew away. Its mysterious attack on Olde York was over, at least for now, and the fires were soon put out. But no one knew how long it would be until the next attack. The two hedgehogs returned to their king, and told him what had happened.

Arrow: This isn't good. If that dragon is under the control of Robotnik, then we have a serious problem. It doesn't look like it's going to be easy to get rid of, either.

Sonya: What if we were to convince it to leave Robotnik's chain of command? It might be easier than killing it.

Metal-2: Perhaps, but if we terminate the creature, we will not have to worry about it any longer. After all, there's still a chance that it will attack us even if it isn't under Robotnik's control.

Tails: It's getting late. Can we pick this up tomorrow?

Arrow: The young one is right. I think we could all use some sleep.

They agreed, and most of them went to bed. Billy stayed up to work on some new project he had decided on, and Sonya went for a walk. She went up to the top of the castle's wall, and walked on the platform that ran along it. She was alone, and had a lot on her mind. There were some strange noises from down below, on the outside of the wall. Sonya stopped walking, and looked over the edge. It was very dark, but she saw something moving down below. She looked closer, and there was a sudden whoosh as something rushed up and grabbed her, and then escaped into the distance…

________________________________________________________________ _____________________

Okay, so this was a short one. Sorry!