Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic Adventures: "On the road" ❯ Hollywood havoc ( Chapter 16 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 16: Hollywood havoc

Somehow and someway, the RV entered Hollywood. Sonic and his friends were still in California and there was so much to see there. It was a sunny afternoon when they arrived and everyone was wearing a pair of sunglasses. Sonic, now with his health restored, took the wheel as the driver.

"This is it, guys! Hollywood, California. What do you think?" Sonic asked his friends.

"It's bigger than I thought it would be." Shadow said from the passenger seat.

"Well, it is where movies are made, so it should be interesting." Tails said.

"It's exciting and neat, like me!" Amy said, cheerfully.

"It is a place to visit but not a place to live." Tikal added.

"But it could be the chance of a lifetime." Knuckles told her.

"It's crowded." Rouge said, simply.

Sonic smiled and he turned to see Freeway, asleep on the sofa. It was her naptime but it took him and the crew a while to get her to sleep. It was a relief and when she wakes up, she will be hungry again. The blue hedgehog returned to driving the RV, into Hollywood. They stopped to see a limousine slowly drive passed them and it entered a gate to a large building.

"That's awesome!" Tails said, excited in his voice. "It must be movie stars."

"I'm better than any of them with my grace and talents." Rouge said, proudly.

"Huh? What? You're an actress?" Knuckles asked her, surprised.

"It's all too easy for me." Rouge answered, and she winked her eye at him.

Sonic and Shadow both lowered their sunglasses down slightly, peeking with wonder. They faced each other and grinned and then they placed their sunglasses back on, shading their eyes. They continued driving and then they stopped to see the mountain with the white words: 'HOLLYWOOD' high above. Sonic removed his sunglasses to see it clearly.

"That's amazing to see, but somehow, it's making me thirsty." Sonic said.

"Oh, I'll find you a soda to drink." Amy opened the icebox, but none was found. "What's going on?" Amy asked, "What happened to all the sodas? There's not even orange juice in here!"

Everyone else looked at each other, wondering who did such a thing. Shadow opened his mouth to say something but he hiccupped instead, greatly surprising everyone there. He covered his mouth with both of his hands before another hiccup could escape. Then there was no doubt.

"Aha! Shadow!" Sonic said, pointing to him with a finger. "You're guilty!"

"Who? Me?" Shadow asked with a hiccup. He never had them before. He held his mouth again and turned to face Sonic. "What's wrong with me?" He asked, quietly.

"You've got the hiccups because you drank the sodas." Sonic replied. "You'll have to drink water and hold your breath to make them stop. Tails, water on the house!" Sonic requested.

"Coming right up!" Tails said, and he took a cup, filled it with water and then he gave it to Sonic.

"Thanks, pal." Sonic said, and he took the glass of water. Then he turned to Shadow who was still covering his mouth with his hands. "Here, now take this and drink it." Sonic instructed.

"Okay." Shadow hiccupped, and he took the glass cup. He drank a mouth full.

"Hold your breath." Sonic told him and Shadow did so with the water still in his mouth. Sonic sat back and waited, and he secretly enjoyed watching him for a moment. He looked so pathetic.

"Uh, he's turning blue, Sonic." Knuckles said, pointing to the black hedgehog.

"Really? That's good." Sonic thought but then he suddenly realized the facts. "Uh-oh! Shadow, swallow it nice and easy, and then breathe again."

With a gulp, the water went down and Shadow breathed for air. It was a relief, indeed. The others watched, wondering if he could hiccup again or not. It was uncertain, no one knew the results until Shadow slowly let his hands down from his mouth and he breathed easily. He waited for a moment and when nothing happened, he sighed with relief. "Thanks, Sonic."

"Cool. I'll send you my bill." Sonic grinned, and then he continued driving after that event.

= = = = =

The RV, nearly empty stopped so Sonic could refill it. The girls went shopping inside the building for supplies they all needed for the journey. The blue hedgehog stood beside the RV while refilling it when suddenly, he felt something soft and warm press against his leg. He gasped with surprise and looked down. He smiled when he saw that it was only Freeway the fawn.

"Oh, it's you. I guess you're hungry, huh?" Sonic asked her, and she nodded her head, yes. "Well, I have to finish up here, but maybe your Uncle Shadow will feed you." He said.

Freeway blinked her eyes and looked toward Knuckles and Shadow who were washing the windshield. There was dust and sand on the RV, so it needed a little washing.

"Yeah, he's the black one with an attitude. Go for it." Sonic told the baby deer.

Freeway approached them carefully and she stopped next to Shadow. She stood and watched a bubble from the soapy water bucket come toward her. Freeway rolled her eyes, trying to follow it until it popped on her head. Surprised, she shook her head with her eyes closed.

"Freeway, what are you doing here?" Shadow asked when he saw her beside him. The fawn opened her mouth, letting out a cute squeak.

"She's hungry again." Knuckles said, "It's up to you now, Shadow."

"Me? But I don't feel like a mother." Shadow blushed.

"Then be a father and get to it. You know where the bottle is, so scram." The echidna said.

"Ah, nuts." Shadow murmured, and then he carried Freeway inside the RV to feed her. The black hedgehog sat down on the sofa after he found the baby bottle and he held Freeway on his lap. "Okay, kid, drink to your health." Shadow said, and he offered the bottle to her, which she gladly took and began to drink the warm goat milk. Shadow's eyes widen when he saw how fast she could drink. She was very hungry, no doubt about that when one would see her then.

Outside, Tails finished cleaning the back windows of the RV and then he came to Sonic who finished refilling. "Hey, Sonic, the windows are clean now. Anything else?" He asked.

"No, that'll do. Thanks, Tails." Sonic said, "Come on, buddy. I'll buy you an ice cream."

"Hooray!" Tails cheered and he followed him into the store where Sonic had to pay the bill.

But outside, Knuckles was unaware that he was being watched and stalked. Metal Sonic and Chaos finally found the RV they had been looking for after searching for sometime. They saw Knuckles cleaning the windshield with a sponge, whistling. It was the perfect time to strike but they wanted to trick him first. Chaos took the bucket of clean water and replaced it with a bucket of muddy water. He chuckled, hiding behind the RV with Metal and they waited. Knuckles saw that the sponge was dry again so he reached down for more water. But it was not clean.

"Good heavens! How did THIS happen?!" Knuckles asked, having no idea.

"It was us!" Chaos said from behind the echidna.

Knuckles turned around, dropping the dirty sponge. "YOU!" He gasped.

"Yeah, we're back! So, what do you want on your tombstone?" Metal asked him.

"YIKES!" Knuckles screamed, jumping over a dangerous laser, which almost shot him. Before the enemies could attack him, Knuckles dug underground with his hands, vanishing.

"Get him, you water bottle!" Metal commanded and gave Chaos a kick.

"OW! Don't rush me." Chaos said, and then he leaped into the air, turned and then landed on the ground but he forgot to use his hands to dig, so he hit his head instead. "Ouch! My head!"

"Oh, MY head!" Metal said, holding it. "You have to dig underground, you nut!"

"I knew that. But I was dreaming of the beach with dolphins and jellyfish." Chaos said, and then he tried again, miraculously doing it right and he disappeared in the earth.

Suddenly, Knuckles popped out from the ground but he was in the middle of a street. He screamed with his eyes growing wide when he saw a car coming for him. He quickly dived back in the ground to safety and it was dark again. He came out again in another place but it was not a street that time. He carefully peeked out, looking around but behind him, Chaos was doing the same thing, looking for him. They turned until they met each other, face to face. Terrified and shocked, they both screamed and dived back down, each one into their own hole underground. They continued coming up and going down, reusing holes they had dug in the ground around that area. The speed of this increased in an amazing way and at a surprising rate that it was soon hard to tell who was what and what was who. If Metal Sonic had a hat, he would have eaten it then.

= = = = =

After paying the bill, Sonic the Hedgehog stepped outside with Tails who was eating his reward of ice cream for working on the RV. When they returned to the RV, they wondered where Knuckles had gone, leaving the bucket of water and a dirty sponge in front of the RV.

"That's not like him." Sonic said, looking down at the sight. "He finishes his job."

"And I have a job of my own to finish!" The voice of Eggman said, behind him.

Sonic and Tails turned around, only to face and see the villain. "It's you, Eggman!" Sonic pointed toward him and he wondered if Knuckles was in trouble, and where was Shadow?

"Yes," Eggman said, from the huge black truck. "And now, you're doomed!" After that was said, the truck began to move, driving toward the RV. "I'll destroy it with one blow!" He laughed.

"NO!" Sonic cried, and he ran toward the truck, shocking Tails who dropped his ice cream. "It's me you're after, Eggman! Chase me down, unless you're chicken!" Sonic challenged.

"Why, you little pest! I'll grind you into a hog-dog!" Eggman yelled and he turned the monstrous truck toward Sonic who was making funny faces at him.

The hedgehog ran with the truck following him, dangerously. They disappeared down the street with dust behind the truck. Sonic ran without looking back, knowing that he was the RV's only hope. He heard the engine of his foe's truck roaring like a monster behind him, coming closer and closer.

"Man, talk about a close shave!" Sonic gasped, after he avoided a laser attack.

Sonic ran again, faster and he felt as if he had wings on his feet. He believed that he could fly. He ran with his feet hardly touching the ground until at last and suddenly, he came to wet cement, in the process of pouring but there was nowhere to turn. He could only go forward.

"To go back is nothing but death, to go forward is the fear of death, but I will go forward!" The brave blue hedgehog said the words, and then he jumped high into the air, over the working cement truck, disappearing from sight.

Eggman saw the dead end and he hit the breaks to stop. He avoided the other truck but he stopped in the wet cement, which caught him. "I may lose the game but I haven't lost that hedgehog yet!" The villain said, growling and he escaped in his ship, which was kept in the back of the truck. "I always have a backup plan. But where are those two failures?" He asked, looking around and wondered where they were.

"I'm coming, master! And I've got the echidna for you!" Chaos said, running toward him and carrying a large sack with something fighting inside it.

"Oh, this is good!" Eggman said, feeling relief that something was accomplished.

Chaos opened the sack and he was shocked to see not Knuckles, but Metal Sonic fall to the ground. "Oops! I must've grabbed the wrong one."

Metal stood up, facing Chaos with his glowing red eyes, angrily. "I'll boil you up!" The robot yelled and he began to chase Chaos around and around Eggman's ship, in circles.

"Stop this foolishness, now!" Eggman commanded. "We must leave before the cops arrive!" And so, the villains escaped but Sonic was nowhere to be seen or found. He vanished from sight.

= = = = =

Returning to the team and the RV, the girls came back with the needed supplies but they heard what happened from Knuckles and Tails who stood outside the RV, waiting for Sonic to return. The team all turned toward the street where Sonic was last seen, wondering…

"Where could he possibly be?" Tails asked the question that everyone wanted answered.

Silent and worried, the team continued looking toward the street, hoping to see Sonic or a sign that he was sure to come back safely. It was hard not to doubt at that moment, but then…

"What are you guys staring at?" A familiar voice asked from behind them.

The team turned, surprised and glad to see the blue hedgehog. "SONIC!" They shouted, and before Sonic could guess, he was surrounded with hugs from his friends.

"Okay, okay, break it up! Shall we go?" Sonic asked and he freed himself. He walked toward the RV with the others following. He opened the door and stepped inside but then he froze with total and complete surprise. There on the sofa, Shadow laid flopped down with the baby Freeway asleep on his chest. He was worn out after feeding and playing with the baby deer.

Sonic had to run outside and laugh out loud. They soon left the area, leaving Hollywood for movie stars and they traveled on the road to see what else may be waiting out there.