Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic Apocalypse ❯ The Defect ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Two: The defect…
 
Shadow the Hedgehog. The one who defected to the alien army. But a question asks Sonic every now and then… why?
 
It was only weeks since the war began. Shadow and his own troop of G.U.N were facing the Alien troop. Shadow rushed right in without hesitation and began to decapitate and shoot the hell out of his enemies. He blocked an attack from three aliens and reacted by shooting them across the waists. They all dropped dead and Shadow move onwards. He jumped, pulling off several forward somersaults, dodging a few attacks. He sliced off on alien's head and stabbed into another. He shot dead three more and jumped to an unbelievable height and landed on one alien. Another shot at him, but he leaped away and smiled as he watched the alien he was no lose its head in a roaring explosion. Shadow ran on forward and jumped onto a swooping blade and leaped off just as quickly, slicing it up the front as he moved through the air. Rouge showed up and booted a few aliens in the head. She came down and tripped some more. She looked behind her and saw a blade coming right for her. There was no way to dodge. Shadow took notice.
“Chaos Spear!!!” He yelled as he pushed his palm out to the monster. Several yellow beams came out of nowhere and dug into the alien, taking it down. Shadow ran of to Rouge and leaped on his side and span around so his body was towards the floor, slicing one alien with the sword and shooting the other with his gun. He flipped forward and landed calmly on his feet. He ran on forward and killed the ones attacking the G.U.N. soldiers. He cut one in half vertically and shot another dead. They dropped their weapons and Shadow shot at another, however, he was out of bullets. He dropped the gun and picked up the beam cannon the alien dropped. He then shot at the same alien as before and laughed as it exploded. He ran off towards Rouge again. He leaped over her, cutting an alien down the middle. He threw his sword at another alien and it dug into it. The alien fell down and Shadow was already running towards his sword, shooting the laser cannon at the oncoming enemies. He forward flipped over the dead alien, retrieving his sword as he went over. He continued to battle it out and flawlessly win against this evil threat.
 
The leader of the aliens looked out in amazement at Shadow as he was obliterating his army. He smiled.
“He's a bit of a worry…” he said. “However… if I can convince him to join us…” Shadow continued to destroy this foe and Rouge and G.U.N were running up behind. They had called in reinforcements, who happened to be Sally, Lilly, Espio and Tailies.
 
Tailies forward flipped onto an oncoming blade and landed on it leaping off onto the alien's head, She dug her blade into it and was shot off by another one. She landed uncomfortably and looked over to see a bunch of lasers, like a machine gun, coming towards her. She clenched her eyes and awaited the pain and death heading her way. However, Lilly chaos controlled right in front of the lasers, ripped out her sword and deflected every single one. The lasers stopped and started from Lilly's left. She deflected them as the continually came from the alien attacking. She hastily pulled out her other sword and started deflecting bullets coming from behind her and turned to a point where the bullets were coming at her from each side.
 
Sally saw the predicament the children were in and ran over to help. She ran past an enormous sword of the aliens and picked it up as she past it. She charged one of the aliens and, because it was heavily distracted, cut it down the middle. She then turned around and cut another one in half vertically. She then blocked another attack and was cut open from behind. Lilly had disposed of the other alien and jumped harmlessly on Sally's head and span around, slaying the aliens. She back flipped off of Sally's head and smiled sweetly. She then ran off towards Shadow so to help him too. Espio was using stealth and killing his enemies flawlessly, since they couldn't see him, he had the advantage.
 
Shadow however was fighting his way up to the leader. He knocked three aliens away with his foot and sliced open another two. He shot one right in the head with his beam cannon and threw it away. He was happy just with his sword for now. He reached his target and stared into its several black eyes.
“Shadow… I do apologize but I read your mind. I saw what happened with Maria.” The alien said. Shadow took this with much surprise.
“What happened to Maria is none of your business.” Shadow retorted. “Now… fight.”
“I can bring her back.” The alien said. Shadow stopped.
“…What?” he asked, disbelievingly.
“I can bring her back to the land of the living.”
“How?” Shadow withdrew his weapon.
“I have the ability to revive someone.”
“You couldn't possibly… She's been gone over fifty years.”
“Doesn't matter. I can revive her without using her old body. I can just rip her from the other world.”
“Other world?”
“Yes. It's the world all living things go to after death. I'll make a deal. I will revive her and you help me. Get me the chaos emeralds and she is all yours.” Shadow was in thought… bring her back… was that possible.
“Show me the power.” Shadow said. The leader then killed one of his men and reproduced another that looked exactly the same, making it seem like he killed and then brought it back to life. “Amazing.” Shadow smiled. “Maria…” he mumbled. He looked at the alien. “I will help you… but once I give you the chaos emeralds. I want to leave this world with her and never see you again.” Shadow said.
“It's a deal.” The alien and Shadow shook hands. Tailies, Espio, Lilly, Rouge and Sally all noticed this.
“No…” Rouge said, disbelievingly. “He… did he just swap sides?” she asked herself. Shadow then turned to face the other. He was about to walk into the base of the aliens; however, the leader wasn't content on just getting the emeralds.
“Shadow.” He said. “Aren't you going to get revenge?” he asked.
“Revenge?” Shadow asked.
“Don't you remember? It was G.U.N. who killed Maria. Don't you want them to pay?”
“I can't…” Shadow replied
“But you can. They killed her! They took her away from you! You must kill them. Get revenge. It's such a sweet thing.”
“…No… I… I just can't.” Shadow replied, trying to keep hate out of his mind.
“But they were just going to kill you after this mission and say you were killed in battle.” The alien lied.
“What?”
“I read their minds. They are all thinking it. Even that puny little hedgehog. She says she hates you. You're a clone of her father. A fake. An impostor. She just can't wait to seep her sword into your flesh. I can read it clear as day.” The alien knew he was quickly getting to Shadow.
 
Shadow finally cracked, believing the lies of this ugly creature. He burst out and charged the five animals. He aimed for Rouge, lifted his foot for a side head kick, however he warped just before hitting and appeared in front of Sally. He pounded into her severally making her cough up blood. He uppercut Sally hard and grabbed her by the ankles, leaped up and swung and tossed her into the ground. He landed smoothly as Sally skidded to a halt, in both movement and anything else. She was unconscious. Lilly ran over to her.
“Auntie Sally.” She called in concern. Sally of course was not her auntie, however it how she's always referred her as. She examined Sally and thought she was dead, because she was so young. She turned to Shadow and burst into a great cute voiced roared. Power emerged from her body and she changed into her super form. She vanished and Shadow somehow blocked her attack. She was so shocked. No one had ever even known where she was to even think of blocking. But, even though he tried very hard, still managed to block her. She tried again, but Shadow dodged and knocked her out with the back of the sword. Everyone else ran over to him to attack, however he powered up.
“Chaos… BLAST!!!” a massive ball of energy very quickly exploded from Shadow, knocking everyone away. Killed some of the G.U.N. member. Shadow warped and kept on warping, landing on G.U.N. member after member, killing them hastily. He turned to the others.
“Leave… before I kill you.” He said. Rouge picked up Sally and Tailies picked up Lilly. They all ran away, having to tell the bad news that Shadow… has defected to the Aliens.
 
It wasn't too long after that fight did Robotnik fight with G.U.N. However, he flawlessly beat them. The Aliens went up against Robotnik and the fight between Shadow and the Green Hedgehog began.
 
“So… what's your name?” the green hedgehog asked.
“Me… Shadow. But you don't need to remember it, you'll be dead soon.”
“I'm Ryu. Nice to kill you.” Ryu and Shadow charged each other. Shadow getting the first hit and taking Ryu down. He smirked at him.
“You'd best leave kid, whilst I let you.” Shadow said. Ryu, however, got up. He wiped the blood from his lip and grinned.
“I thought this war would never give me a challenge.” He said. He punched Shadow, but was grabbed by the arm and felt it break. He screamed out as Shadow just frowned.
“A challenge for you maybe, but I am still searching.” Shadow then knocked him out and walked away.
 
Sonic was so angry. Shadow had not only defected. He injured his beloved daughter and Sally. Cream was stood next to him as he tried to control himself. She was holding her very bloated stomach. She touched him on the shoulder.
“Sonic, are you all right?” she asked. Sonic just shoved her away and she tripped over herself onto the babies. Sonic walked out and Cream cried in fear for her unborn children and the fact Sonic was so mean. Tails ran over to her and helped her up, promising a quick check up. Tailies ran over Sonic and gave him a quick butt kicking. She then ran back in to check if her nieces and nephews were okay. Luckily, they were all fine. But Tails was mad at Sonic. Sonic had a right to be angry, but taking it out of a heavily pregnant young girl was just out of order.
 
The base had to come up with a strategy to fight off the threats to the planet.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ------------
 
Tails and Knuckles Ran inside the ruined building. Tails first looked for Cream. That was his main priority. He saw G.U.N. members all dead, but all the freedom fighters were hurt but alive. Cream was fine however, absolutely one hundred percent okay… except she was a bit scared and startled. Tails hugged her for dear life, making sure she was still there. Knuckles found his baby girl absolutely fine also, crying with fear. Tikal was fine; Julia was fine and most others. Fang was in medical care though.
 
Sonic and his group returned and tried to get everything back to normal. Not all the G.U.N were killed but the loses were great. Shadow really out did himself. It'd take weeks for G.U.N to get back on its feet. However, with all the help it has it will.
 
Tailies, Lilly and Rouge were set out to fight with Shadow. Tailies knew they were going to lose, but couldn't disobey orders. They came up to Shadow pretty quickly and on his own too. This might be a bit easier than expected. Not saying it will be easy at all. Tailies ran at Shadow but was kicked in the head. She reacted to see Rouge there.
“Rouge…” Tailies said. “What're you doing?”
“I'm defecting…” Rouge said heartlessly. Lilly ran at them with two swords. She went for Rouge and cut her foot off and then stabbed her.
“Traitor!” She yelled. Rouge gasped for air. Shadow punched Lilly away and grabbed Rouge round the waist.
“Rouge…” he said. Rouge just closed her eyes and life left her. Lilly stood up. Shadow set dead Rouge aside and pulled out the sword. The two charged each other. The swords clashed and Shadow had fire in his eyes as Lilly had revenge in hers. She was punched away and dodged his attack. She jumped out the way of another and sliced for him, but he ducked. Shadow back flipped away, kicking her in the chin. Lilly fell down and Shadow charged to finished her. However, Tailies kicked him away and punch him. He just knocked into her head and cut her left arm off. She fell down and Shadow kicked her aside. He turned to face Lilly who was already running to attack again. He stabbed her right in the chest and smiled in victory till he heard the noise of metal tearing the air. He ducked and Lilly slowly vanished. Shadow jumped away and faced her.
“What was that?” he asked curiously.
“After image attack.” Lilly replied. “I like this one better.” She said. She pulled out a chaos emerald she was given by Sonic. “Chaos Control!” she yelled. She disappeared and Shadow, knowing if she used that, knew he'd be dead very soon, so he pulled out his own emerald and used the same to bring the time width at the same passé as hers. He jumped over her sword and the chaos control was over. Lilly turned to face Shadow and leaped at him. He attacked her but she used chaos control again and appeared elsewhere. She ran over and bit him on the hand. He threw her down and kicked her. But she vanished again. She ran at him, but he kicked her in the chest. Her eyes widened as was pushed into the air by the pressure. Shadow grabbed her head and sliced her eyes and threw her down. Lilly screamed and cried in pain as he sight was cut off. Tailies regained consciousness, feeling the pain of her arm. Shadow had run away, since he wasn't ordered to kill them, Tailies lifted Lilly up into her right arm and struggled to get back to base.
 
Sonic and Tails were severely punished for sending the two girls out into battle with Shadow. They should have known they wouldn't win. Tailies was getting a metallic arm attached as a huge bandaged was put over Lilly's eyes.
 
Tails and Sonic vowed never to used either girl ever again in battle. Tails walked in to see Tailies. He walked over to her, but she spat in his face. He quickly wiped it away, not complaining because he knew he disserved it. He still waked over, but Tailies kicked him in the hip. He fell to the ground, knowing he deserved that too. He stood up.
“I'm sorry about your arm.” He said.
“Who cares about my arm, it's what happened to poor Lilly that's why I am kicking you. Now get lost you moron.”
“Where's Rouge?” Tails asked.
“She defected and Lilly killed her. Shadow then wiped the floor with us. I hope you're happy; her sight could be gone forever now. You jerk! Heartless pig!” Tailies insulted. Tails just guiltily left. Tailies then cried. Poor Lilly. She'll never see again.