Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic: Epilogue 2: The Past ❯ Time to end you Rein ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 11: Time to End your Rein.
 
Tails was flying in the tornado, headed for that island.
“I got a distress signal from this island. Sonic seems to have attacked it and someone survived. I have to reach it quickly.” He told himself. He boosted the speed and headed for the island. He saw it in the distance. “There it is. I need to hurry, that person might be in grave danger.” Tails said. He headed and transformed the tornado into the walking machine form. He walked around and headed to a ruined castle. Tails stopped and got out the tornado. He ran into the castle doors, soldiers were dead everywhere. Tails ran through them all until a body caught his eye.
“Master Johnny.” He said. He looked over to the left. “Auntie Sally!!!” He yelled. He ran over to check to see if she was alive, soon realising her head was off. Tails spilt some tears. He noticed there were large holes in the wall. He wiped his face and walked through the holes. He came out the side of the castle and looked down upon the blood filled pool and nearby a body. He flew down.
“Ah no! Auntie Bunny!” He called. He ran over. She was his favourite “auntie.” Even if they weren't related. He began crying, but noticed her chest was moving slightly. He moved his head to her chest and heard a weak heartbeat. He also noticed how large she was. Bunny wasn't the type to get fat on fatty foods so she must have been pregnant. Tails lifted Bunny as best he could and took her over to the Tornado. He put her down next to it and got out an emergency kit. He designed it. it was all types of things. A heart tester, pregnancy tester and a machine to check the baby was okay. It could also give shocks to start the heart. Tails connected it up to bunny and her heart was a bit slow but otherwise fine. The baby was in bad shape but would survive. Tails put the kit away and opened the backseat of the tornado and place Bunny in there. Her belted her in carefully and got in the pilot seat. Her leaped into the air, transformed the walker into the plane, and flew home.
 
Weeks later, Bunny was in a secret lab, hidden away. She was in a coma but was going to live. She had newly built robotic legs and arm and was connected to a machine that would instantly put vital materials into her and the baby. Tails and the gang had moved into a cave nearby for their own protection.
 
Tails was walking towards Sonic outside, miles away from the cave.
“Tails.” Sonic said.
“Sonic.” Tails said. The two stared at each other.
“So… what're you going to do?” Sonic asked.
“It's time to end your rein.” Tails said, He pulled out his double blade. Sonic pulled out his flashy sword. The two flew at each other and zoomed past each other stopping inches away from each other. Tails turned around and swung the sword. Sonic blocked and slashed at Tails. Tails moved out of the way and went to cut his face again, only sonic backed away. Tails jumped and slashed at Sonic. Sonic blocked and flung Tails upwards. Sonic flew after him and knocked him to the ground. Tails stopped himself with his tails and touched the floor with his hands and knees. Sonic flew down and swung his sword, Tails moved out of the way and was backed off but constant swings by Sonic, which Tails blocked all of them. Tails was pushed into a tree and ducked when Sonic slashed horizontally. The tree fell down towards the two, but the leaped out in different directions. Sonic jumped the tree and attack Tails again, who just deflected the attack. Sonic hit Tails sword in the air and Tails let go. However, he kicked Sonics arm and made him throw the sword away. Now they were playing fist to fist.
“That's right. Lets fight like warriors. Hand to hand. It is the basis of all combat. Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon.” Sonic said. Tails punched him, but Sonic grabbed his hand and threw him backwards. Tails hit a tree with his feet, jumped off, he span, and hit Sonic with his Tails. Sonic fell down and reacted by kicked Tails feet as he landed. Tails fell down but cart wheeled up. Sonic double kicked Tails, knocking him down again.
 
Tails stood, clenched his fists and leaped at sonic. He thumped him into the air. Sonic was now sky high and Tails flew up.
“Tails. You fight well. But I have a surprise for you.” Sonic began to power up. He screamed. Tails opened his eyes wide with fright.
“No way! Not that!” Tails said, very scared. Sonic screamed louder and began changing colour. He then became yellow, his quills went up and he shined. “Super Sonic!” Tails yelled in fright. Sonic vanished. Tails looked left, right, up and down. Sonic tapped him on the shoulder. He turned to look and Sonic punched him in the check. Tails rushed down towards earth and smashed into the ground. He looked and Sonic was already there.
 
Tails stared at him in fright. Then Sonic began pounding away at Tails, pushing him deeper and deeper into the ground. Tails cried in pain as blood flowed from his back. Sonic pounded away increasingly; starting to laugh at the misery he was causing Tails. Tails cried and screamed. Tails was unable to do anything other than take every blow. Sonic flew into the air and put his palms together. A yellow orb of light flashed in his hands and grew until it exploded down onto Tails. Leaving a crater. Sonic powered down and flew away.
 
Moments later a hand came out from the crater and pulled. Tails with his right hand was dragging himself up the mud. He lifted himself up to the grass. His left and legs were all broken and torn. Tails tear covered face and battered body was dragging along the floor by the one hand. After getting out of the ditch Tails rested for a while. A hedgehog appeared and looked at him. Tails looked.
“Shadow…” He said weekly. Shadow picked Tails up and took him to the cave area.
 
Tails recovered months later and Sonic had destroyed most of the population. Tails walked towards Creams room.
“Damn you hedgehog,” He said. He enter Creams room. “Hi Cream.”
“Hi Tails.” Cream said back she was sat down on the floor. Tails sat with her.
“This is bad isn't it?” Tails asked.
“Yeah, not much can get worse.” Cream replied. Tails thought to himself.
`What a strange twist of fate. Sonic, the greatest hero on the planet is now the biggest threat there is.'
 
All they could do was hope that one person amongst them could be strong enough to defeat the dreaded Sonic the Hedgehog.
 
~Fin