Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic Riders: Urban Struggle ❯ Chgapter 1: The Urban Freedom Fighters ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Sonic and Co. Sega does. But I do own my OCs and the Urban Freedom Fighters.

Chapter 1: Enter the Urban Freedom Fighters
Above the clouds in the night sky, a large, red airship sailed through the air at full speed, moving onwards to its destination. A small hovercraft soared towards the ship from behind, going onboard through the hangar. Inside a large room, a 14 year old, green hawk named Jet, was conversing with three girls, who were standing in front of his desk. They were dragon girls.
One, seemingly the leader, was blue with green eyes, wearing a dark green vest, the second girl was a pink, who wore a rainbow-colored vest and has green eyes like her cousin, and the last was the white girl wearing a pink vest and has pink eyes.(A/N: My OCs.) They were the leaders of the Urban Freedom Fighters, who were invited by the Babylon Rogues to their airship for an offer. After 10 minutes of talking, Jet asked the three leaders, "So, are you three up for it? We could some assistance to help find the treasure."
The blue girl, Aura, answered with unsure certainty, "I don't know, Jet, working with a thief doesn't go with our reputation."
"Even if you are the 'Legendary Wind Master'." The pink girl, Angel, added. Her sister, Serenity nodded with her opinion.
Jet quiered, "Come on! You're the Urban Freedom Fighters. The most well-known group of heroes to ever have a population of two hundred kids on your side. With your help, we can find the ancient Babylonian treasure in a cinch. And once we find it, you three can go back to their normal lives."
Aura slowly replied with utmost thought, "Well..." She glanced back at her cousins, seeing them looking at her with determined looks. Aura then sighed, "...okay, we're in." She, along with her two cousins, nodded.
"Good." Jet grinned, "Glad to have you. I'll let Wave and Storm know that you're one of us for now." The green hawk then perked up as he glanced up at the door behind his guests, hearing loud footsteps coming from behind it. Aura, Angel, and Serenity looked back towards the door also. Suddenly, the door flew open revealing a 19 year-old, gray albatross standing in the doorway. "Hey, boss!" Storm shouted, aimlessly running and barreling through the three girls in his way towards Jet.
"Wha-?!" That was all Jet could say before he fell out of his seat and onto the ground from being startled. Aura, Angel, and Serenity were sprawled around the room, moaning in pain as they struggled to get back on their feet. Storm started banging on Jet's desk, shouting urgently, "Boss, we havemajor trouble!!"
An 18 year-old, purple swallow walked up to the side of the door behind Storm. She scolded to the gray albatross, "Storm! At least learn to knock before entering a room, especially when we have guests."
Storm looks back at Wave and shrugs, as Aura, Angel, and Serenity slowly rose to their feet, rubbing their heads. They all gave obdurate daggers at Storm, who unfortunately was looking at Jet.
"You three...are dismissed to your rooms." Jet spoke out to Aura and her cousins, from behind his desk.
The blue girl replied obediently, "Okay, Jet." She then glared at Storm again with a soft growl. With that, the three girls slowly walked out of the room and into the hallway, closing the door behind them. Wave the Swallow watched them go. "So, they agreed?" She questioned, walking in the room towards Jet.
The green hawk finally stood up from his position and answered, "Yeah. They were concerned about the registration at first, but they got through it okay."
Storm then notices the control box and grabs it, asking, "What's this? Oh, this is..."
Jet responded, "Yeah. That's when I took over things for my father."
"So is this the key to the fabled Babylon Garden?" Wave asked.
Storm then asked Jet, "I wonder...Could it be true? Could our ancestors have left behind hidden treasure that's just waiting to be discovered?" Jet then nodded to him. Eyeing the control box, Wave reaches for it. Unfortunately, Storm pulls it away from her reach.
The gray albatross growled, "Uh-uh! If you get your greasy little hands on this, you'll probably use it in some crazy experiment of yours!"
"Oh, come on; I only want to look at it." Wave replied, trying to reach for the control box.
"You always say you only want this or that! Remember the teachings of our ancestors, Be careful what you ask for, ultimately you'll only get three true wishes." As Storm said that, Jet looked progressively more annoyed and impatient.
"Oh, be quiet!" The green hawk snapped, silencing both Wave and Storm. The green hawk continued angrily, "Why'd you burst in here anyway?! Especially when I was talking to the leaders of the Urban Freedom Fighters?!"
Storm replied, looking up in thought of the word he was trying to remember, "Well, uh, an egg...head? Egg...salad? No..." Wave puts her arm in front of Storm, interrupting him, and replies instead, "Someone called Eggman wants to speak to you."
Storm then pushes Wave aside, and said, "He told me that he has an interesting proposition for you."
Wave pushes Storm back, retorting, "Stop interrupting. Knock it off!" The purple swallow and Storm glared at each other, before they turn their back to each other with a 'hmph!'. A tall figure politely entered the room. "Ahem... am I interrupting anything?" He asked, walking in to reveal himself to be none other than Dr. Eggman.
Jet began, "So then, I heard you wanted to see me?"
Dr. Eggman replied, "Are you Jet, the legendary Rogue? Your reputation precedes you. I've heard so much about your infamous group."
Jet grew impatient and shouted, "Enough! What do you want?"
"Well now, I heard a rumor...a rumor that you have the key to Babylon Garden." The dictator replied, "Now, could this be true?" He looked at the control box in Storm's hand, gleams flashing across his glasses. Storm notices before hiding the box behind his back and he whistles innocently.
Pretending not to know about the key, Jet asked, "Huh? What's this key?
Eggman chortled, "Hohohohohoho! Really now, you don't have to be so distrusting...Were you aware of this? I imagine not, yet. The key to Babylon Garden is..." He moves over to Jet, finishing his sentence by whispering. The green hawk then scoffed, "Heh. So let me get this straight; we just need to collect all these Chaos Emeralds, right?" Eggman nodded.
"Sounds easy." The green hawk smirked.
The dictator asked, You really think so, eh?
"What do you mean?" Jet responded, "Are you saying the Babylon Rogues aren't capable of stealing some puny emeralds?"
The evil dicator replied, "No, of course not. But... have you seen this character before?" Dr. Eggman presses a few buttons on his coat's left arm's wrist, producing a hologram of Sonic, which displayed the statistics about him, "He's called Sonic, and said to be the fastest creature on Earth. I've had many, many dreadful encounters with this pest."
"Hmph." Jet scoffed, "He may be the fastest creature on the ground, but in the air, with me and my Extreme Gear, he's just a joke. Ah-hahahahaha!" Dr. Eggman grinned at Jet's decision. However, they were completely unaware that Aura, Angel, and Serenity were gently leaning their heads against the door, eavesdropping, as they listened to the entire conversation the Babylon Rogues had with Dr. Eggman...