Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic vs. the Pumpkin Master ❯ The Legend ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

 
 
 
 
Tails and Knuckles got off the Train and started for the exit, but they heard a familiar voice.
“What? What do you mean I can't go to the Mystic Ruins? Do you know how many treasures are hidden in the Great Temple? Well, you've got some nerve, hmm!” Said a bat wearing rather provocative clothing.
“Oh, great, it's that bat girl! Gahh! Hurry, Tails, I don't think she saw us. Let's leave.”
“Hmm, if I didn't know any better, I'd think that you liked her, Knuckles.”
“SHUT UP! I DON'T LIKE HER!”
Everyone was staring at Knuckles, including the bat girl, Rouge.
“Well now, who do we have here? Hey guys, what are you two up too?”
“So much for a quiet getaway, Knuckles” Whispered Tails
“Shut up…” said Knuckles jabbing Tails in the side.
“Umm, we're just here to see the sites!” said Tails.
“Hmmm, I think you're lying to me. You, Echidna boy, never leave your little shrine unless something is wrong. So tell me what's wrong!”
“No-nothings wrong” said Knuckles staring into Rouges eyes.
“We're going to Sonic's to ask him for help!” said Tails rather fast.
“Help with what?”
“Knuckles lost the Chaos emeralds! He's good at losing things, isn't he?”
Knuckles was glaring at Tails with fire in his eyes. Tails grew silent.
“Hmm, you say you have lost the seven Emeralds. Hmm, well, lucky for you I'm not doing anything, since the train is down.”
“Knuckles broke it! He was mad about losing the Emeralds!” Interrupted Tails. Knuckles conked Tails on the head.
“Anyway, I think I'll help you with finding you're little Emeralds!”
“No way, Bat Girl! You'll probably end up stealing them!” yelled knuckles.
“I will not! I'll save that for another day. I'm not taking no for an answer!”
“Lucky us” mumbled Knuckles under his breath. The three walked out of the Train Station. The city glistened in the sunlight; the busy streets were packed with people.
“Do you even know where you're going, fox boy?”
“Yeah, Rouge! I know where Sonic lives!”
They walked into a Hotel.
“Hello, can I help you?” asked the Hotel Clerk.
“Uh, we're looking for our friend Sonic, can you tell us his room number?” asked Tails.
“Mr. Sonic is on top floor suit 4204! Just go to the elevator and hit the button for floor 42.”
“Thank you, sir!” said Tails as they got in the elevator.
The 42nd floor was not very big; there was only an elevator, a small hallway, and about four rooms. They went to the door with the golden numbers 1404, and knocked on the door. The door opened, but it wasn't a blue Hedgehog that answered the door, it was a pink one by the name of Amy.
“Amy? What are you doing at Sonic's house?” asked Tails.
“Cream and I just came to visit!”
“Amy, who is that?” asked someone in the background.
“Tails, Knuckles, and Rouge”!
“Let them in!”
“Okay, come in!”
Knuckles, Rouge, and Tails walked in the room. The room was huge; it was practically like a house.
“Hey, guys, what's up?” asked the blue Hedgehog.
“Sonic, some weird guy stole the Chaos Emeralds!” said Knuckles.
“What? Knuckles, they were your responsibility, how could you let them get stolen?” Said Sonic.
“The guy surprised me! All I remember was I hit him and then there was a flash of green light, and the next thing I knew, it was morning and the Emeralds were gone!”
“Okay, Knuckles calm down.”
A cream colored Rabbit and a little blue thing with a head the shape of a teardrop apperad in the room.
“Cheese and I made some cookies, you guys want some?”
“No, thanks Cream, we were all going to the Mystic Ruins to check out the shrine” said Sonic.
“Oh, well, I'll rap them up and we can have them later!”
“Sonic, uh, we can't go to the Mystic Ruins, the train is not working” said Rouge.
“Sure we can, if the Train is down, we can just walk down the tunnel. I've done it before!”
“Sonic! I'll get this dress I just baught dirty, we don't know what's in that tunnel!” said Amy in a whiney tone.
“”Oh, quit whining, Pinky!” said Rouge in an agitated tone.
“Okay, we're wasting time, lets go!” said Knuckles.
They headed out the door and headed for the Train Station. On the way there, they saw something strange. A black Hedgehog that looked very much like sonic standing in front of the Train Station.
“Hey, Shadow, what are you doing here?” asked Sonic.
“I felt something, something bad, evil. I need to get to the Mystic Ruins,” said Shadow.
“We're all headed that way, why don't you join us.”
“Hmm, I'd rather not. I'll go on my own, I don't need to join your little club. See ya round.” With that, he was gone.
“What's with him?” Asked Tails.
“Hmm, he thinks he's too good for us! I aught to teach him a lesson!” said Knuckles angrily.
“Just forget about him, let's go,” said sonic.
They went inside the Train Station and snuck in the tunnel.
It was a while until they reached the Mystic Ruins. Once they did, they were blinded by the sunlight. They headed for the Shrine.
Shadow had beaten them there.
“What took you guys so long?”
“Hmm, smart mouth, I aught to knock him out” mumbled Knuckles.
“So, who took the Emeralds again, Knuckles?” asked Sonic.
“This very strange man with a black cape, and a Jack-Oh-Lantern for a head!”
“Oh, really? Did he want your head?” asked Rouge sarcastically.
“Shut up, Bat Girl, I'm not kidding!”
“Hmm, well, I don't believe it!”
“I didn't ask you to!”
“Stop fighting! What Knuckles says is True!” said a very beautiful, mysterious voice.
“Who said that? Where are you?” asked Rouge.
“I'm right here,” said a very bright light that turned into a light colored Echidna.
“Tikal? Why are you here?” asked Sonic in surprise.
“I'm here to warn you. This threat has great power that you have never seen before”
“What are you talking about? Asked Rouge.
“When I was a little girl, my Grandmother told a story about an evil king that had dominion over a supernatural realm. None would rise against him; he had extremely powerful magic in his possession. The realm of Pumpkin Hill was plunged into darkness. But one day, seven heroes rose up. Crystal the Kind, Lilly the Lover, Cyrus the Smart, Samson the Strong, Abigail the Agile, Morton the Mysterious, and Flash the Fast. These seven heroes used the power of the seven Chaos Emeralds to lock the evil King away. The realm of Pumpkin Hill was free. However, it was not the same as before, half of Pumpkin Hill remained in darkness. Not even the bravest of creatures would venture far into the dark side. Only the foolish would enter in. The Pumpkin Master was cursed to be trapped in the church on the top of Church Mountain. I don't know how he was freed. It would take a person with great strength to open his coffin.”
“Co-coffin, Church Mountain? Oops” said Knuckles in a guilty tone.
“Knuckles, what did you do?” asked Sonic.
“Uuhh, back when Shadow was first released, and the whole ARK thing was happening, some Master Emerald pieces were in a Mountainous region with creepy Pumpkin-Shaped Mountains. And one of the pieces were inside a church, and I accidentally tripped and knocked over a coffin, and…”
“You klutz!” yelled Sonic.
“What's done is done. We can't change it now. What you need to do is go to the day side of Pumpkin hill, there is a small town called Pumpkin Ville, you must find the Mayer and talk to her. She will know where the Pumpkin Master's lair is. I will teleport you there!” said Tikal as she lifted her hand. A flash of light illuminated her body, and then the whole area. When the light subsided, they were gone. What surprises await them in the supernatural realm?