Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic vs. the Pumpkin Master ❯ Trouble on the Dance Floor! ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

“Hello, my mane is Grog, and I will be your waiter! Please, let me show you your seats,” said a green fish-man wearing a sailor's suit.
“Thank you, come on, guys!” Sonic beckoned.
“Is it just me, or is our waiter kinda creepy?” asked Rouge, staring at the waiter.
“It's not you, Rouge… I think he's creepy, too!” said Amy.
“Since you are friends of Sarah, you get the best table on the whole ship!” said Grog, leading them up some steps and to the only table on that floor.
“Wow! The view is amazing! We also have privacy, talk about class!” said Rouge, getting ready to sit down.
Knuckles ran ahead of Rouge and got in the way of her and the chair.
“What are you doing, Knuckles?”
Knuckles pulled out the chair and motioned Rouge to sit down.
“Oh, why, thank you, I guess…” Rouge sat down, and Knuckles went and sat across from her. The others sat down as well.
“Well, today on the S.S Aphrodite, we have giant rat steak with bat's blood sauce, or the dragon pepper salad with Merlin's color-changing dressing.
“Umm, I'll take the salad,” said Sonic.
“Me, too!” said everyone else in unison.
“Okay! It'll be right out!” said Grog.
All of a sudden, six salads appeared on the table.
“Oh, sorry about the wait… it takes a little time to separate the good dragon peppers from the bad ones… enjoy your dinners!”
“WHOOOOO! THIS SALAD IS HOT!” yelled Sonic, taking a huge gulp of water and sat back in his chair, teary eyed.
“Well, Sonic… I don't think that you are supposed to eat the peppers,” said Cream, picking the peppers out.
“Well, WHY do they put it in the salad?”
“It's for flavor! You aren't supposed to eat the actual pepper!” said Knuckles.
“Oh, well now I feel stupid!”
 
After dinner, they got up and headed towards the lobby. They opened the big door that led to the grand staircase. Classical music filled the air as they looked down from the balcony. Wealthy creatures of Dayside were dancing in the lobby below.
“Hey, Cream… would you like to dance with me?”
“Sure, Tails! Let's go!” Tails and Cream flew down to the dance floor, and started dancing (slightly out of step from the others… but they were too content to notice).
“AWW! They are so cute together, Sonic, let's go dance!” said Amy grabbing Sonic by the arm.
“Amy, I don't wan-” before he could finish his sentence, he was on the dance floor with Amy's arms around him. With a sigh, he gave in and started to dance.
A good length of time passed, and Knuckles and Rouge sat on the chairs on the balcony in silence. Every once and awhile, Knuckles would look at Rouge, and when she looked at him, he quickly looked away. Finally, someone broke the silence.
“Ro-Rouge? Umm, would you like to d-d-d”
“I'd love to dance with you, Knuckles, come on”,
Knuckles reached out his hand, and Rouge took it.
They walked down the grand staircase holding hands, and joined the others on the dance floor. All of them were dancing to the enchanting music from the self-playing instruments.
Tails accidentally stepped on Cream's foot.
“I'm so sorry, Cream! I'm not much of a dancer”
“Don't worry, Tails, you're doing fine!” Cream gently kissed Tails on the cheek, and Tails' cheeks turned ruby red.
“Oh, Sonic… isn't this perfect?” asked Amy with her head lying on Sonic's chest as they slow-danced.
“You know? This isn't that bad after all!” said Sonic, holding Amy a little tighter.
 
Rouge and Knuckles were dancing with deep passion. Their eyes locked on each other.
“This is very strange… I've never had this feeling before. I feel as though I should protect her, like I protect the Master Emerald. She is like a jewel that I must protect at all costs. Why do I feel like this?” thought Knuckles.
“Hmm, this is a side of him that I've never seen before… he does have a romantic side! Hmm, he's cute, too…” thought Rouge.
“Rouge…”
“Yes, Knuckles?”
“Would you like to, you know… go o-”
Before he could finish his sentence, the ship came to a screeching halt, the chandelier lights went out, and the instruments stopped playing and fell to the ground. The people stopped talking, all was almost completely dark (the candles upon the wall were still lit) and silent.
“What's going on here?” asked Knuckles, holding on to Rouge as if she was a priceless treasure.
“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!” echoed an evil laugh that's origin was unknown.
Up on the balcony, a green flash broke the darkness, when it subsided, an evil figure emerged.
“Pumpkin Master!” yelled Knuckles, with wrath and hatred in his voice.
“Ha ha, yes… it's me, here to give you a warning. Quit this mission, before you find yourselves among the ghosts in this realm! Hahahaha!”
“Humph, you don't scare us! Now get out of here before we kick your butt right here!” yelled Sonic.
“HA! Very well, I'll play your little game… but first, let me warn you about my island! If you enter the jungle, watch your feet, and your heads, and your whole bodies, because there are many traps I have set to ensure that none would enter my fortress, not to mention the various creatures that have a deep craving for meat! Good luck! WAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!” The Pumpkin Master vanished in a green flash, and the ship started moving, the chandelier turned back on, and the instruments were hovering over the stage playing themselves again.
“*BEEP* Attention, passengers! We will arrive at the Pumpkin Isle in about ten minutes… so prepare for arrival… thank you for riding on the S.S Aphrodite! Please enjoy the hotel on the beach, and beware of the jungle! There are many dangers in there!”
What dangers await our heroes as they head off the ship into the jungle of Pumpkin Isle?