Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic vs. the Pumpkin Master ❯ Back in time ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Sonic awoke from his sleep, but something was strange. The sun was gone, and in its place was a huge, red moon. Also, all of his friends were gone, all but Knuckles.
“Knuckles! Wake up!”
“What's wrong?!? What happened?!? Huh?”
“It's me!”
“Oh, what's wrong, Sonic? Why is it so dark out? And why are you green?”
“What are you talking about? I'm not gr.” Sonic looked at his arm, and it was true, he was green.
“Knuckles, I'm not the only one changing colors, here, you're brown!”
“What's going on here? Why do we look different? And why is it dark out? And, WHERE THE HECK IS EVERYBODY?!”
“I don't know, but we're gonna find out!”
Knuckles and Sonic started walking down a trail; it wasn't long until they felt lost.
“Hey, didn't we see that tree before? It's the one with the creepy red eyes! Sonic! We're walking in circles!”
“No we're not! A lot of the trees here have creepy red eyes… hey, do you smell that?”
Knuckles sniffed the air.
“Yeah, it smells like fire… but where is it coming from?”
Sonic looked around in all directions and saw a reddish light in the distance.
“Over there! Come on, Knuckles, let's go check it out!” said Sonic as he ran toward the light.
“Sonic! Wait! It might not be safe! Ugh, he never listens, I better go with him, just in case he gets beat”.
They reached the light, which was indeed a fire, and they heard familiar voices.
“So, Cyrus, what's your plan again?” asked a girl that looked almost exactly like Rouge, except she was wearing an old-fashioned noble's dress.
“Well Abigail, I theorize that there is an unprotected area on the backside of the Pumpkin Master's fortress, all we have to do is find it!” said a boy that looked a lot like Tails, except he was gray.
“Hmm, sounds like a plan, so let's go!” said a red Hedgehog with black streaks on his spikes.
“Morton, we have to wait for Crystal, Flash, and Samson!” said a girl that looked exactly like Amy, only she had longer hair and was wearing a noble's dress.
“I'm back! And I brought some flowers!” said a small rabbit girl that looked like Cream only she had a gray dress on.
“What's wrong with them all? Isn't that Amy, Tails, Shadow, Cream, and Rouge? They all look different, and they all call each other different names… something's wrong here…” said Knuckles.
“I don't know, Knuckles, but I'm gonna find out!” said Sonic as he walked towards them.
The red Hedgehog looks over at Sonic and Knuckles.
“Finally, okay, we're all here, so let's go!”
“Come, Flash, Samson, we'll tell you the plan as we head for the fortress” said the girl that looked like Amy.
“Okay… psst, Knuckles… I think they all bumped their heads, should we go with them?”
“Just play along, Sonic!”
“Ok, but this is weird…”
“So, Cyrus, tell them the plan!” said the girl that looked like Amy.
“Okay, Lilly! Well, my theory: I think that there is an unprotected spot in the back of the fortress, we just need to find it!”
“I have a question, if we do find this entrance, how do we defeat the Pumpkin Master?” asked Knuckles.
“Good question, Samson! Those Seven Emeralds we have creates a powerful aura. I think they have some kind of hidden powers that will help us with the showdown with the Pumpkin Master… I think it will defeat him once and for all!”
“Seven Emeralds? Hmm, hey Sonic, could he mean the Chaos Emeralds?”
“Ya think?” said Sonic sarcastically.
“Umm, before we go any further, I want to give everyone something… here!” said Crystal (the girl that looked like Cream). She gave them all a small, white, beautiful flower.
“Hmm, what is THIS for?” asked Morton.
“I just thought it would be nice to have…” said Crystal
“I think these flowers can be quite beneficial, some flowers are said to expel supernatural powers! I would like to say thank you, Crystal!”
“You are very welcome, Cyrus!”
“Here we are! Where is the entrance?” asked Lilly.
“Well, according to my calculations, it should be right above us! We are behind the fortress! I will fly up there and signal if it's safe! Here I go!”
Cyrus flew up to about the middle of the mountain fortress, looked around, and gave the okay.
“Need a lift, Flash?” asked Abigail.
“Sure”
Abigail grabbed Sonic and flew up to the ledge.
“Lilly, I'll help you up!”
“Okay, Crystal”
Crystal flew Lilly up to the ledge.
“I don't need help! I'll climb up!” said Knuckles as he climbed up to join the others.
“Okay, here's the entrance! Let's go!” said Cyrus.
They walked down a dark hallway and went up a long stairway. The stairway spiraled all the way up to the top floor. The room was huge. There were four huge windows in the shape of a pumpkin's face (two eyes, a nose and an evil smile).
“How did you get in here?” asked a voice.
“Pumpkin Master!” yelled Morton.
“ You all will pay dearly for trespassing!”
“Hmm, that's what you think!” yelled Morton. He lifted his hand and a dark orb appeared, and threw it at the Pumpkin Master.
“Ooff!” yelled the Pumpkin Master as he flew back ant hit the wall.
“He's mine, let me handle this!” yelled Knuckles.
He ran and jabbed the Pumpkin Master in the face, and he fell to the ground.
“FOOL, I'LL TEACH YOU TO HIT ME! CRUCIO!” a red flash of light came out of his finger and engulfed Knuckles.
“AAAAHHHH” Knuckles screamed in pain, but he stood his ground.
All of a sudden, the red light all of a sudden disappeared.
“”What happened? Why aren't you screaming in pain?” yelled the Pumpkin Master.
Knuckles lifted his hand up, and revealed the flower that Crystal had given him; the red light was floating above the pedals.
“I wonder”, thought Knuckles. He threw the flower at the Pumpkin Master, and the red light engulfed him, and he fell to the floor again.
“AH, hmmm, you all aren't as stupid as I thought! I won't underestimate you again!”
Sonic came from behind him and shoved him into the wall and he hit his head hard.
“Curse you all! Death will befall one of you! And I choose the green one! AVADA KADAVRA!” a green beam of light came out of the Pumpkin Master's hand and hit Sonic, and he fell to the floor.
“FLASH! NO!” yelled Lilly as she ran up to him. Knuckles was already by his side.
“SONIC! WAKE UP, COME ON! WAKE UP! DON'T BE A WEAKLING!” tears started flowing from his eyes. Soon, Lilly, Cyrus, Crystal, Abigail, and even Morton fell on their knees and started to cry.
“Please… Sonic, wake up… I may never tell you, but you are my best friend… I can't go on without you… please… wake up. All of a sudden, six emeralds came out of the six weeping heroes. They flashed and illuminated the room. The emeralds appeared above Sonic, and another emerald appeared out of him. The Seven Emeralds created a brilliant, multi-colored flash of light, the beam hit the Pumpkin Master, and he flew back and landed in a coffin. The coffin closed, and vanished. The Emeralds vanished along with the coffin.
Sonic was still non-responsive.
“Oh, Sonic… I should have jumped in front of that beam…” said Knuckles as he slammed his fist on the floor.
“y-y-you always h-a-d a b-bad temp-er, knux…”
Knuckles looked down and saw Sonic looking at him.
“SONIC!” yelled Knuckles as he picked him up and hugged him.
“I'm glad to see you too Knux!”
Knuckles pushed Sonic off of him and slapped him across the face.
“DON'T YOU EVER DO THAT AGAIN!” yelled Knuckles.
“OUCH! Okay, okay!” said Sonic.
“OH, FLASH! I'M SOOOOO GLAD YOU'RE OKAY!” yelled Lilly as she grabbed Sonic by the neck.

What does this all mean? Is this all a dream? Or did Sonic and Knuckles go back in time?