Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Switched ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

SWITCHED

 

I never thought that I would wake up like how I woke up today. No girl would ever want to wake up how I woke up this morning. I saw myself in the mirror asfter waking up...... instantly I screamed like a banshee. Like nothing, my mother rushes into the room. "Cream, what's wrong, are you okay?"

"Am I okay, look at me." I turn around to look at my mother. "What do you find wrong with me?"

"Oh my god, what happened to you? Where are your breasts?"

"I don't know, I'm flat as a board." I drop to my kness and cover my crying face.

"Hmm...." hearing that from my mother, I try to keep from crying. "Stand up for a minute, Cream." I do as I'm told. "Take off your panties, honey. I wanna look at you."

"Huh, what are you implying?"

"Trust me on this one. Just take off your panties and I'll explain everything once you have."

"If you say so."

 

My powder blue cotton panties come off easily, and once they're off, Mom lifts up my night gown.... only to quickly let the hem fall. "Now tell what happened to you."

"Well, I was helping Tails work on his new invention. He calls it S.W.I.T.C.H., and it's really great too."

"And lemme guess, you accidentally became an experiment... well, it worked. You are a boy now, with all the work and luster."

"So you mean I went from boobs and a snatch to a napsack on a stick?"

"Um, yeah... if that's how you wanna put it."

"Great, now what am I gonna do? I have a date tonight, I can't go on a date like this..."

"Just change back."

"I... can't. S.W.I.T.C.H. broke and it turned me into this. I'll have to cancel my date now."

 

I was so angry that I shooed mother from the room. Soon after, I got dressed, but not in a red-orange dress like normal, no. Since I was a buck instead of a doe, I decided to put on some shorts and a basketball jersey and out the door I go.

 

I walked down the streets with my arms behind me, so worried about my date... How am I gonna explain this to Tails? I wondered as I walked. I guess I'll cancel our date later... but I can't go like this.

"Hey Cream, wait up." I heard Amy calling out to me and she came right next to me. "Hey wait a minute.... You aren't Cream, you sure look like her though."

"Amy...." my voice had changed slightly, it was more male.

"Hey, do you know me?"

"Yeah, good ol cousin Cream, she showed me all the pictures of you two." If I tell Amy, she'll never understand. I better make this up.

"So what's your name?" Amy asked me.

I didn't know about guy names, so I made one up. "I'm Mel."

"Mel?"

"It's really Caramel, but I prefer Mel. God I hate my name." Nice recover, bad story.

"Well Mel, you sure look more like a twin brother to Cream, than her cousin. It's weird, because she Vanilla never mentioned having a sister."

God damn it, Amy. "Well, Aunt Vanilla never mentioned my mom, Cocoa. They were twins, so I guess it's only fair to have similar looking cousins."

"Well, that's true. Anyway, you're all right in my book, Mel."

"Uh... thanks a lot, Amy."

"Well, I gotta go now. Take care, Mel." and off Amy went.

 

A deep sigh of relief left me, that actually worked. Now to my problem with Tails, how do I find an excuse to cancel my date? But for the moment, I went to Twinkle Park to wash away my cares.

 

*

"Ah what a great day, I had a great time at Twinkle Park... as usual." I was so happy after my day at the park. "It was so great, I had a good time and I didn't even go on my date yet." and that's when it hit me... Oh shit! I forgot to call Tails and cancel my date with--

"Hey Tails, you won't ever believe who I met today." I heard Amy's voice and hid myself from view. And sure enough, there she was... and Tails was walking and talking with her.

"Really? Who did you run into today?" Tails asked.

"I ran into Cream's cousin Caramel today."

"Caramel?"

"Yeah, well... Mel for short."

"Interesting."

"Yeah, he looks just like Cream, down to the big floppy ears."

"Really?! Oh crap, I gotta get home and ready for our date. Gotta jet, Amy." Tails flew away... and I'm not sure if he saw me or not. But I just ran away.

 

I went home to get ready for bed, it was late and I had forgotten all about my date which should've happened with Tails today. I could tell him about how everything went, but he wouldn't believe me. Someday, I'd make it up to him, if I ever became my original feminine self. I walked up to the door, opened it and was ready to sleep, too bad it didn't go that way. As the door swung open, Tails was standing there waiting for me... and he wasn't in a good mood either. Oh shit!

"Hello Mel... or should I say, Cream?!" even his tone of voice was mad. "You obviously forgot about our date, a date that was three months planned before when were free. And what happened, you didn't even show up. Do I have to continue?"

"No." I answered sadly.

"I didn't think so. Well, where were you?"

"Well I was-"

"Hiding from me no doubt."

"Now, now hold on a minute...."

"When amy told me she ran into your cousin, I thought that would've been the reason you probably wouldn't be going on our date. But when she said that this 'Mel' look dead onto you, down to those ears of yours, I flew away and thought of it. 'That wasn't a family member, it was Cream. Only she's a he now.' was exactly what I thought to myself.

 

"So I decided to give you a call, your mom picked up and told me about her 'nephew' which was her daughter-turned-son, tbt. So I decided to show up anyway so that Cream would tell me that I'm a boy and what not. But what happens, you didn't even come home."

"Yeah Tails, it would've worked. 'Cream, you can't be a guy. It's just not theoretically possible for you to have a molecular structural change from the accident with S.W.I.T.C.H. at all. Quit pulling my leg.' You aren't dense, Tails. Not even you would've believed that, no guy would." tears start rolling down my eyes. "I know I decided to run, but I just didn't want to be some freak accident. I wanted to go out with you as me, not go out with you as 'him', Tails."

"You still should've told me instead of having me wait hours on end for you. Even a phone call would've worked."

"Well I'm sorry. Can't you see I'm not the Cream you know anymore..."

 

It was just too much for me. I literally broke down into tears right there in the middle of the floor. I was a freak...Tails could never love me now, let alone stop hating me for this. I found myself in his arms after a few moments. He was carrying me out the door. I looked up only to see him look back to my mom, who simply nodded her head and closed the door behind him, I was so angry and embarrassed. "This is just a minor setback, Cream." I heard him say softly. "And you're wrong, you are still the Cream I know... and still the Cream I wanna be with."

"R-really?" I asked him.

"Of course. Now let's get to my workshop."

I was confused, but happy he understood. I guess close people really can see through the fat of the rumors and junk.

 

 

 

-FIN