Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sword of Chaos V2 ❯ Metal Reborn ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Bojack walked into Robotnik’s private lab and flipped a nearby switch. The seals on a tube in the middle of the lab hissed as the tube rose into the ceiling. The black liquid in side of the tube turned to smoke as it hit the air. Two glowing red eyes flashed from the smoke, “Yes my master.”

Bojack laughed, “With the knowledge of Tails and Robotnik I have given you new life and a much more powerful body. I trust you know whom you serve.”

“You Master Bojack!”

“Good!” Bojack grabbed a chaos emerald from a wall safe. Energy crackled from his hand and the emerald turned black, “This emerald has been tainted with a sample of my soul and power.” He placed it into the smoke and stepped back, empty handed, “I want you to go to Knothole and give Sonic some extra incentive to come to me.”

“That is all!”

“Of course not! After Sonic is mine, you may burn all of his friends and family to the ground. How does that sound, Metal?”

The eyes flashed, “Nothing would please me more.”

___________________________________________________________ ___________________

He hated driving! He loved running! But he was stuck with having Julie-su drive him to the lair of the Spider Ninjas. The offspring of the deadly spider ninja. They had the desire to have and protect The Sword of Acorns. Sonic just hoped they would let him have it without incident. He was in no condition for a fight. He glanced over to the pink echidna driving the jeep. She was holding up pretty good considering everything that happened. They came to a cave with some large spider webs sticking out of the entrance. Julie-su stopped the jeep, “This is it! Any ideas on how to get them to hand over the sword?”

“Ask real nice!”

“And Knuckles considers you his rival, how?”

Sonic shrugged and got out of the jeep, “Hey I have been beaten, smacked around, and have two evil guys that I have to take down. Excuse me for not having been prepared for this.”

“Sorry!”

Sonic walked toward the cave, but he stopped in fright. Julie-su ran up to him and froze. Five spider ninjas were laying on the ground dead, “What the heck?”

“Sonic old friend!” A blue metal hedgehog with a turbine in his chest walked out of the cave. Blood dripped from his claws. His red eyes glowed as he looked over the two standing in front of him, “Bojack said you would come here, so I came!”

“Metal! So your Bojack’s new lackey!”

“In a way! He used your little buddy's mind and Robotnik’s resources to resurrect me in a new and more powerful form.” Metal flexed his claws, “Now I have been instructed to kill off your friends and family until your surrender yourself to my master.”

Julie pulled her blaster, “Just try it!”

Metal’s arm shot up and a blaster opened on his arm. He blasted the blaster out of Julie’s hand, “Your really should stop saying that. So what is the call Sonic?”

Sonic smirked, “Your going to have to knock me senseless before I surrender or let you hurt anyone else.”

Metal shrugged, “That is acceptable!”

_____________________________________________________ _________________________

Leda sat in the hot spring just outside of Knothole. Her mind kept trying to figure out the events that had transpired just twenty-four hours ago. He hand reached up to touch her bandaged cheek. She winced in pain and pulled her hand back, “Speed!”

“Leda.” Sperk appeared from the shadows. His eyes shined with a dim crimson light as he walked up to the spring. Leda turned toward him, but kept her body from the neck down in the warm water. Sperk was in his armor and coat. The Sword of Chaos was in a metal sheath on his belt. He bent down on his knee and gently touched Leda’s face. She pulled back and he nodded, “I hurt you!”

“Who are you?” Sperk scratched his head and looked at her oddly. Leda wasn’t sure if he was truly confused or if the berserker system was effecting his mind. Leda pointed at a chair nearby, “Could you hand me my towel?” Sperk took a few moments to think before shrugging and getting her the towel. Leda wrapped the towel around her torso and stood in front of Sperk, “So who are you?”

“Who do you want me to be?” His voice was still low and dark. She punched him. The blow hit him square in the jaw. He barely felt the impact, but it did shake him up inside. His eyes started to glow brighter, “Leda!”

“Don’t Leda me. What were you thinking?”

Sperk sighed, “I needed this form to beat Bojack. I needed the power.”

Tears filled her eyes, “You always do this! You run off, jump into fights, and have little regard for your own safety at times. I don’t know if I can keep waiting for Speed to come back. I don’t want Sperk in my life, I want Speed!”

“Speed is weak! I am powerful. I will crush all those who stand in my way.”

“Then kill me! I am obviously standing in your way.”

Sperk’s hand slowly went for his sword, but his eyes dimmed, “Your right! Speed is dead, so this is a goodbye!”

Leda ran to him and hugged him, “Speed. I am sure we can..” Sperk vanished. Leda collapsed to the ground crying,

________________________________________________________________ ______________

Sonic and Metal revved up and dashed at each other. Metal tried to swipe at Sonic with his claws. Sonic ducked and rolled out of the way. Metal turned and rushed him. Sonic went into ball mode and aimed a spin attack at Metal’s head. Metal vied to the left and followed up with a punch. Sonic flew back, but managed to land on his feet. Metal zoomed at him. Sonic fell to his back and as Metal flew over him, Sonic slammed both of his feet into Metal’s face. Metal hit the ground hard. As Metal stood up, Sonic connected a jump kick to the side of Metal’s face. Metal was quick to respond and grabbed Sonic’s left leg and swung him around. After a moment he tossed Sonic to the ground. Metal didn’t give Sonic a chance to get up; he flew at him and picked him up by the neck. Metal zoomed up into the air and dropped Sonic from twenty feet in the air. Sonic rolled in the air and grabbed Metal’s legs, “Sorry. I ain’t going anywhere.” Metal made a beeping sound and took off with Sonic still holding on. Metal flew close to the ground and tried to drag Sonic off. Sonic started to run while still holding on. As they came to a rock, Sonic lifted his feet and braced himself on the rock. The sudden added weight stopped Metal and he fell down. As he stood to face Sonic, Sonic attacked with a Spin Dash Attack. The attack hit Metal right in the chest and he went flying. Sonic dropped to one knee, he was breathing hard. “Hope that did it.” His hope was killed when Metal walked up. He held his ribs, “Damn! Can’t keep this pace up.”

Metal grabbed Sonic’s neck and held him up, “Your lucky I need you alive.”

“Put him down!” Julie ran up and punched him in the face. She yelled out as she hit Metal’s face. Her hand hurt like hell.

Metal scanned her hand, “Your hand is broken in two places. That was very stupid.” He slapped her across the field. “Now to deliver my prize.” Metal started to take off, but Sperk shot out of no where and smashed his fist into Metal’s face and the metal hedgehog dropped Sonic and impacted the side of the cliff. Metal shook his head and rubbed the sharp indents in his face, “What are you doing here?”

Sperk took off his shades, “I’ve come to rip your mechanical head off.”

“How did you know where I was?”

Sperk glanced back to Sonic, “I placed a tracker on your sneaker. I was going to kill you, but you’re not worth my time right now.” Sperk cracked his knuckles, “But this one should provide some fun.”

Metal eyes flashed red, “Let us see what you got.” Metal and Sperk stood still and silent. Metal grew impatient, he started firing. Sperk dodged the pulse blast and ducked behind a tree.

Sperk pulled out his twin blaster pistols and sighed, “Worthless scum!” Sperk ran from the tree and opened fire on Metal. Metal fell to the ground to avoid the attack. He returned fire. Sperk jumped out of the way and rolled behind Metal. He let loose a borage of blaster fire. Metal dropped and rolled away. Sperk continued firing. Metal ran behind a tree and pulled out two grenades off his waist. He pulled the pins out and tossed them at Sperk. Sperk jumped out of the way as they exploded. Metal activated both of his arm lasers and ran toward the smoke.

He looked around, but no luck in finding Sperk, “Where did that hedgehog get to?” Sperk lunged from the smoke, dropped his blasters and slammed into Metal. Metal fell to the ground. Metal used his legs to thrust Sperk off him and to the ground. He jumped up, ignoring his headache and jumped onto Sperk, pinning him to the ground with his legs. He started to pummel him with his fist, “I’m better than you in every way. I will kill you.” Metal stopped to here Sperk speak.

Sperk smiled, “You have issues.” Sperk managed to free his arms and slammed a double fist attack into Metal’s face. Metal fell off. Both of them stood up slowly. Metal wiped blood colored oil from his mouth, “I will beat you.”

Sperk smiled, “Feel free to try.”

“Die Worm!” Metal ran at him. Sperk grabbed Metal’s arm and preceded to flip Metal onto his back, Sperk twisted his arm and pulled it out of the socket. Metal rolled up and slammed his foot into Sperk’s face; Sperk fell back off balance. Metal jumped up and tackled him to the ground. They rolled across the ground, finally hitting a tree, with Metal on top. Metal laughed, “You lose.”

Sperk smiled, “That's what you think!” Sperk’s eyes glowed and The Sword of Chaos shot out from behind a tree and impaled Metal through the chest. The robot got off Sperk as energy discharges shot from his busted turbine. Sperk stood up and brushed himself off, “Your pathetic! DIE!” Sperk clamped his hand over Metal’s face, “Sperk Buster!” A crimson energy beam erupted from his hand and Metal’s head exploded. Sperk stepped back as Metal’s body fell down. He looked at his hand. The glove was burnt, “Need stronger armor!” He looked around, “Where did that hedgehog go?”

_____________________________________________________________ _________________

Sonic walked through the blood stained cavern and past the burned webs, “I’m kind of glad Sperk showed up.” He spotted The Sword of Acorns impaled into an altar. He walked over and pulled it out, “Got it!”

“Good now hand it over.” Sonic spun around as Sperk tossed Julie to his feet, “Give me the sword and I will let you both live.” Sonic gulped and looked down to Julie. She had a few burses, but he bet Metal did those. Sonic sighed and tossed Sperk the sword. The crimson hedgehog caught it and nodded, “Good choice!” Sperk walked out of the cave and pulled his sword free of Metal’s body, “Now I have all the power I need.” He glanced back at Sonic, “Tell Leda I’m sorry!” He vanished.

Sonic cursed, “Damn!”

____________________________________________________ __________________________

Tikal waited for Sonic to finish his story, “So he has the sword!”

“Yeah! The guy shows up, smashes Metal to pieces, and steals the sword!” He kicked the ground, “Now what are we going to do? We got a body-stealing wizard at Robotropolis with a robot army and a bloodthirsty chaos powered nutcase. So what was your day like?”

“I don’t think the fusion between you and Mighty will be enough.”

“So we’re done for.”

“Chaos is on his way here to help. Maybe you can fuse with him.”

“Chaos!” Sonic’s face brightened, “The water god Chaos.”

“There is a slim chance.”

Sonic smiled, “I’ll go for it.”

_____________________________________________________________ _________________

Sperk stood atop a cliff that over looked The Great Forest. Crimson energy sparked from his body as he held both swords tight in his hands, “Never have I ever been so powerful.” He smiled as aura grew, “I will crush Bojack and then wipe out anyone else who dares get in my way.” He held both swords high, “The apocalypse has come! Soon all will be nothing but dust at my feet.”

___________________________________________________________ ___________________

Bojack seemed to wince as his sensors picked up a huge power increase, “This system is interesting. I must find a way to gain this power for myself.”