Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sword of Chaos V2 ❯ Fusion! ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“I will make you apart of me.” Bojack concentrated and transformed into a merged form off all the people he absorbed, except for Robotnik. “This form should do it.” Bojack lunged, but Sonic simply disappeared and reappeared on top a building. Bojack jumped up and landed in front of him. He hated the cocky smile adorning Sonic’s face. Bojack slammed his foot down, “You wouldn’t be so cocky if it wasn’t for Chaos.”

Sonic laughed, “Please. I didn’t absorb people to gain power. And now that Chaos’s power has been added to my own. Your going down.”

Bojack smiled, “We shall see.” Bojack lunged forward and tried to punch Sonic. At light speed Sonic avoided the attack and stood on the edge of the building. Bojack’s punch shattered a portion of the roof. Bojack turned to Sonic, “I see I will have to use all my power.” Bojack’s clenched his fist, “Thunder Arrow!” Bojack shot out a lightning bolt at Sonic.

The bolt hit Sonic hard and he was thrown from the roof. The building was one hundred stores tall. Luckily, Sonic landed on a fifty story building next to it. Sonic stood up, “Chaos Bolt!” Sonic blasted a bolt of green energy that blasted the roof off the building he had fallen from. Bojack used his wings and floated over Sonic.

He pointed his fist at Sonic, “Chaos Spear!” Several yellow beams of energy shot out and hit Sonic hard. The impact sent Sonic through the building and he hit the ground with so much force the building collapsed on top of him. Sonic pulled himself out of the rubble. He took a few steps and looked up at Bojack.

Sonic’s right hand glowed blue, “Sonic Wind!” A wind of blue force shout out at Bojack. The wind swirled around Bojack and sent him falling to the ground. Bojack stood up and he and Sonic stared at each other.

Bojack laughed, “Good form. Good Form. Good Bye.” Bojack rushed forward and slammed Sonic into another building. Sonic was sent into a room of the building. Bojack walked in and pummeled him with his fist. After a moment, Bojack picked up Sonic and flung through the rest of the building and Sonic landed in the street. Bojack walked up, “So much for your cocky attitude.” Sonic rushed up and slammed his fist into Bojack’s face. Bojack hit the street and rolled to his feet. Sonic rushed forward and delivered a jump kick to Bojack’s gut. Bojack was sent flying and hit a statue of Knuckles. Bojack fell face first into the ground and the statue fell on him. Sonic put his palms together and brought his hands back, “Super Chaos Beam Cannon!” A gold ball of energy glowed in his palms. He thrust his hands forward and a beam of energy shot out. On contact with Bojack the beam exploded. Sonic jumped back and waited for the smoke to clear. Bojack shot out of the smoke landed a few feet away.

Sonic drew the Sword of Acorns, “Time to end this game.”

Bojack summoned two swords of black energy, “Agreed.”

__________________________________________________ ____________________________

The new Swatbots had many different sensors and usually she would have been found, but the bots just skimmed the area with their eyes and continued on. Sperk’s body was laid out and Leda had passed out on top of him. The bots just figured they were both dead. Mighty and St. John had tried to get her out of there, but she had refused. Sperk’s eyes slowly opened and he gently sat up. Small bolts of crimson energy sparked from his body. He felt the weight of the echidna and picked her up. He spotted a rock outcropping and hid Leda behind the rocks. Sperk looked at his bleeding wounds and wondered why he felt no pain. Tikal appeared next to him, “Your dead you know that?” Sperk nodded. Tikal sighed as she looked at the sleeping Leda, “Even in death you protect her. The dark energy that Robotnik had infused you with is keeping your body moving, but you won’t stay up for long. There isn’t enough energy left in you to live.”

“I....m..ust!” Sperk’s voice was raspy.

Tikal managed a small smile, “Even in death you refuse to stay down.” Tikal held her hand out and a Chaos Emerald appeared in it, “This might bring you back and reenergize your body and soul.” She held it out, “Crush it and the energy inside will flood your body. It will either kill you the rest of the way, empower your dark energy once again and you will be a walking dead forever, or you will be restored to your normal state and the dark energy will be wiped out.” Sperk grabbed the emerald and looked at Leda, “I will watch her.” The dead hedgehog slowly nodded his head and walked off. Tikal gulped, “I admire his resolve, but I fear what he may become.”

_________________________________________________________ _____________________

The crackling of energy rang out as Sonic and Bojack crossed swords. Sonic and Bojack jumped away from each other. The problem was, Sonic was the only one breathing hard. He fell to his right knee, “How can you keep this up?”

Bojack laughed, “I have a lot more energy than you. I have been using the extra to boost my own abilities to match yours.” The energy blade in his right had shrunk to about a foot long. He flung the blade at Sonic. As Sonic dodge the blade pierced his left arm. The blade was stuck in his arm. Sonic fell to his knees and dropped the Sword of Acorns. The pain was almost to much to handle. Bojack pushed back his dreadlocks, “Don’t worry. Your arm is really untouched, but the feeling of it being pierced is coercing through your brain, making it seem very real. I learned this from a powerful psychic I absorbed a little before I was sealed in that blasted sword.” Bojack summed another blade for his right hand, “I really must thank you. I rarely have a chance to use so many of my techniques and spells in one fight. I an really enjoying this.”

Sonic smiled, “Glad to be of service.” Sonic clenched his fist and a small bolt of energy shot through his arm destroying the energy blade in his arm. Sonic quickly grabbed the Sword of Acorns, “Ready for a few of my techniques.”

Bojack raised his swords, “If you wish.” Bojack lunged at Sonic swords swinging. Sonic blocked each one. Lightning seemed to strike each time the swords clashed. Sonic gritted his teeth, “Bojack isn’t giving me an inch.

Bojack’s mind was also racing, “Should have given this kid some more credit. Just a little.” Sonic and Bojack slammed their swords in to each others. The got into a power pushing match. Energy shot out of the crossed swords and erupted around them. Neither of them could over power the other.

_________________________________________________________________ _____________

The battle between the mammals and The Swatbots had slowed to a crawl. With out the battleships, the bots didn’t have much to push with and the mammals had little to push with so they were at a stalemate. Broken bots and dead bodies were everywhere. Sperk stumbled through the battlefield with the glowing gem in his hand. His mind had a hard time processing anything. He felt nothing, recognized nothing. All he knew that Leda was safe and he had to crush the glowing thing in his hand. Mammals stopped moving as the walking corpse walked by. The Swatbots for their part didn’t see a threat and didn’t respond to his passing. He spotted the fight between Bojack and Sonic. Something alive in his mind clicked and he walked toward the fight.

_________________________________________________________________ _____________

After a few minutes, Bojack began to overpower Sonic. Sonic did his best to hold Bojack down, but to no effect. Bojack flung Sonic’s arms up and pointed his two swords at Sonic and they combine into one and it shot into Sonic’s chest. Sonic dropped his swords. He stared transfixed on the energy blade in his chest. Bojack smiled and kicked Sonic in the stomach. Sonic flew through the air and slammed into the side of a building. Sonic fell to the ground and was barely able to sit up. The blade in his chest was sending sharp burst of pain through his body. Bojack slowly walked up, “Game, set, and match. I must admit that you gave me a run for my money. I will at least give you that. But now the game is over.”

Sonic struggled to talk, “I ain’t finished yet.” Bojack laughed so loud that some of the rubble shook, “You must be joking. You can’t even move.” Bojack pointed at Sonic, “Now for my power.”

“S..T...O...P!” Sperk walked into view.”

Bojack turned and couldn’t believe his eyes, “Well that is new! I thought zombies couldn’t talk.” Sperk eyes flashed crimson and he tightened his grip on the emerald. The emerald started to crack. Bojack started to step toward him, “Are you nuts? Do you have any idea what that will do?” Sperk managed a small smile and the emerald exploded. A green flash of light exploded from Sperk and blinded Bojack. When Bojack’s eyesight returned he was stunned, “Oh hell!”

Sperk stood completely restored. His fur and quills had turned silver and his eyes glowed crimson. He flexed his arms, “That is much better.” He removed his bloody clothes and stood with only his boots and paints on, ‘Better hurry! This power boost will ware off quickly!’ He ran forward, “All right Bojack! Time to face Super Speed!”

Bojack shrugged, “More cannon fodder!”

“Chaos Control!” Speed vanished in a burst of silver light.

Bojack quickly turned around and found Sonic gone, “Damn!”

____________________________________________________ __________________________

Sonic coughed as Speed pulled out the energy blade. It vanished as soon as it left Sonic’s body, “Fight not go well?”

Sonic chuckled, “I had him right where I wanted him.”

Speed shook his head. His fur and quills returned to being green, “Well so much for the Super form.”

Chaos left Sonic’s body and stayed as a puddle next to him, “My power is kind of dead too. You still with us Chaos?” The puddle bubbled and they took is as a yes. Sonic sighed, “Sperk gone?”

“Yeah!”

“So much for fusion!”

Speed shrugged, “I’ll give it a try!”

“You sure? It might be permanent.”

Speed smiled, “If it will take that body snatcher down, I’ll go for it.”

Sonic stood up, “The lets do this!”

Sonic and Speed stood a foot apart. “Ok make your mind as clear as crystal. Think of only each other. When you look at the other you only see another part of yourself. Now concentrate your energy.” Sonic repeated the instructions that Tikal had told him to Speed. Sonic and Speed closed their eyes and focused. They rushed each other and threw a punch with the arm with the gauntlet on it. Both fist impacted," FUSION!” The yellow light intensified. When the light vanished everyone looked to see one person standing where Sonic and Speed stood. He had red and blue striped sneakers. He was bluish green. His outer quills were dark green and the inner quills were dark blue. His eyes were closed. He stood their not budging. He had pointed knuckles like Speed, but they seamed sharper. The hedgehog’s eyes opened. The eyes were bluish green too. He looked up and yelled, “YEAH!” His voice was strange, like Sonic and Speed was talking at the same time, but coming from one mouth. The hedgehog walked to Chaos and looked at his reflection, “I had my doubts about this fusion thing, but I like how it turned out.” He stood up and pulled down his gloves.

Bojack fell from the sky and landed a few feet away, “What makes you think fusion would work this time?”

“Better match! Sonic and Speed are almost complete opposites.”

Bojack chuckled, “Whatever! It just makes you a better fighter to absorb.”