Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Echidna Prince ❯ The Echidna Prince ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Declaimer: I don't own nuth'n but Tarosamo, Sapphire and the Narrator.

Authors' Note: This is my attempt at humor. It sucks, I know. But it was fun writing it. I hope you like it!

~*~*~*~*~*~

The Echidna Prince

Narrator: Once upon a time…

Sapphire (A white tiger with sapphire strips): There lived a Princess named Sapphire!

Narrator: -_-() Please, can I continue?

Sapphire: Uh, no?

Narrator: Whatever…*ahem* Once upon a time, in a far away kingdom…

Sapphire: And boy, was it faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!

Narrator: SHUT UP!!!! I'm trying to narrate here and I can not do it if you keep interrupting me!

Sapphire: *filing nails, looks up* Did you say something?

Narrator: Ugh! On with the story!

~*~*~*~

In a far away kingdom, Prince Knuckles was happily asleep in his oversize bed, drool forming from the side of his mouth.

Tarosamo (a black and pale blue echidna): *burst in Knuckles room* Knuckles! Wake up!

Knuckles: Zzzzzzzzzz…..

Tarosamo: *Sighs* Why must we go through this EVERY morning? *shoves Knuckles off the bed.*

Knuckles: Ah! I didn't take the cookie outta the cookie jar this time!!

Tarosamo: O.o

Knuckles: *gets up and looks around* Oh, hehe…hey, bro…

Tarosamo: Have you forgotten what today is?

Knuckles: *thinking* Is it Christmas?

Tarosamo: No.

Knuckles: Uh, Mom's birthday?

Tarosamo: No.

Knuckles: Your birthday?

Tarosamo: No.

Knuckles: The day that the cow jumped over the moon and the dish ran away with the spoon?

Tarosamo: O.o() …No…

Knuckles: *thinking real hard* Uh, I give up. What is today?

Tarosamo: Today is the day that the princess from the other kingdom comes! Remember, you are betrothed to her.

Knuckles: *eyes wide* WHAT?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOO*breathes*OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Tarosamo: O.O Was all that necessary?

Knuckles: Yes, yes it was.

Tarosamo: Whatever, now, c'mon. She will be here in….

Voice: PRINCE KNUCKLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Knuckles/Tarosamo: O.O()

Knuckles: No…anybody but her…please, lord….

Someone bursts through the door, and to Knuckles horror, it was…

Tarosamo: Princess Amy….

Amy: Knuckles! Hi, where's your cute servant?

Knuckles: Uh, Sonic?

Amy: *winks* Yep!

Sonic: *walks in* -_- Why must I be the servant! If anything, KNUCKLES should be the servant, and I should be the prince!

Amy: SONIC! *hugs Sonic to death* You are always a prince in my eyes!

Sonic: *turning bluer than usual* Air…need…air….

Tarosamo: Uh, Princess Amy? Perhaps it is wise for you to release Sonic?

Amy: *Noticed Sonic is turning bluer* Oops! *releases him*

Sonic: *catches breath* AIR! SWEET AIR!

Queen Tikal: *walks into the room* Knuckles, are you ready?

Knuckles: WHAT?? Tikal is my mother??

Tikal: Uh…yes…

Chaos: *in its full form* Gurgle, sploosh, gurgle. (Translation: Knuckles…I am…your father….)

Knuckles: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! …Wait, that line is getting so old…

Suddenly dramatic music started to play, as the window blew open and the lights flicker.

Knuckles: Cool effects.

Female Voice: I am the terror that flaps in the night. I am the greatest that ever walked. I am the most beautiful creature ever to exist, I am…

Amy: Darkwing Duck?

Tarosamo: A strange weird person thing?

Knuckles: The pizza man who never showed up three days ago?

All: -_-()

Person: *steps into the light*

All: *Gasp* ROUGE THE BAT!!

Rouge: That's right! I am here to take the family jewel thingamajig.

Knuckles: We have a family jewel thingamajig? How come I'm the last to find out about these things?! *pouts*

Tikal: Do not worry, Princess…I mean, Prince Knuckles. The family jewel is in safe keepings.

Rouge: You mean, WAS in safe keepings! *holds out the jewel*

Tikal: No! How did you get the Master Emerald?

Rouge: Uh, Sonic gave it to me. ^_^

Sonic: Hehehe….

Tarosamo: Sonic! Why did you give her the Master Emerald?

Sonic: Because, it was the right thing to do. ^_^

Knuckles: How was it the right thing to do??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Sonic: Whoa, dude….

Shadow: *randomly appears* ¡Hola mortales!

All: Shadow?!?!?!?!

Sonic: Shadow! I thought you died after the ARK incident!

Shadow: Acerca de eso, mis queridos amigos…

Sonic: Shadow! When did you learn French?

Knuckles: Sonic, that's Spanish…

Sonic: I knew that. Shadow! When did you learn German?

Knuckles: I said that was Spanish…

Sonic: Yes! I know! Shuddup!

Shadow: -_-()

Rouge: Shadow, how is it that you know Spanish now?

Shadow: ¡Bien, me estrellaba abajo para conectar a tierra, y con control Del caos, aterricé en España y permanecía allí por dos años!

Amy: English please?

Shadow: Oh, uh, what I said was that after the ARK I crashed landed in Spain and remained there for two years. Nice country, you should visit.

Knuckles: Hold it! If this is an AU story, because I'm a prince, than what's up with the ARK? It's not supposed to exist!

Everyone: Uh….Oh well!

Shadow: Soy una tetera pequeña, corto y cervezas negras. Aquí está mi asidero. Aquí está mi chorro, cuando obtengo todo steamed arriba, acabo de gritar. Inclíneme sobre y me vierte fuera.

Rouge: O.o Wow, Shadow, you must have learned a lot in Spain.

Sonic: What'd he say?

Rouge: *knows Spanish* He said: I'm a little teapot, short and stouts. Here is my handle. Here is my spout, when I get all steamed up, I just shout. Tip me over and pour me out.

All: O.O ……..HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!

Shadow: SILENCE MORTALS!

Sapphire: *randomly appears* Never fear, Sapphire is here!

Amy: Hey! You stole my line!

Sapphire: Not technically, your line is: "Never fear, Amy Rose is here!" What I said was "Never fear, Sapphire is here!" See the difference?

Sonic: She has a point there, Amy.

Knuckles: Yeah.

Amy: -_-;;

Rouge: Have you all forgotten about the family jewel thingamajig that I still have? *runs away*

Chaos: *points after her* Gurgle, gurgle, sploosh!

Amy: Translation?

Knuckles: Uh, he said four scores and seven years ago, the seven Chaos Emerald were formed to create total destruction along with the Master Emerald and whoever held possession over them will have the ultimate power. But all in all, he said, after her!

Sonic: O.o He said all that?

Knuckles: Yeah, he did.

Everyone runs after Rouge, leaving poor Shadow to his lonesome.

Shadow: I feel so unloved…oh, look, a cookie. *eats a cookie*

~*~*~*~

Meanwhile

Rouge was running at top speed with the other following close behind.

Rouge: HA! You can't get me! I'm the Gingerbread man! Er…woman!

Sonic: You can't escape Rouge the Bat! I shall get--*runs into a tree that jumped in his way*

Tree: Hey! Watch where you're going!

Sonic: X.x I think I'm in wuv….*falls out*

Amy: Oh no! Sonikku! *picks Sonic up* Don't worry, I'll stay with you and make everything better! *kisses him*

Sonic: …I wish I was dead…

Tikal: *run pass them* Rouge! Get back here with my Emerald!

Rouge: *yelling over her shoulder* Your emerald? You call yourself a queen? Chasing after a beautiful lady like me, shame on you!

Tikal: What kind of lady steals-*falls into a hole* AHHHH!!!

Rouge: Heh.

Chaos: *running after Rouge* Gurgle, sploosh!

Rouge: Dream on, liquid man!

Chaos: Gurgle! Gurg--*falls into a puddle of water, drowns.*

Rouge: O.o Well, that was weird…

Now, this only left one person. One person to save the Master Emerald. This one person was Knuckles the echidna…yep, they're doom.

Knuckles: -_- I have you know that I'm the best darn guardian they have!

Rouge: Hehehe! Hey, cutie, up here!

Knuckles: *glances up a tree to see Rouge.* Get down here, bat-girl!

Rouge: *Sits on tree* Let me think…*Pretends to think* Uh, no.

Knuckles: Then I'll have to come up there and get you myself!

Rouge: Try and get me.

Knuckles: *jumps on tree…and promptly fell off* Owie…I got a booboo…

Rouge: *laughs* Want mommy Rougey to kiss it for you?

Knuckles: Yes…I mean, no!

Rouge: *laughs* So long, echidna, may our paths cross again! *flies off*

Knuckles: *falls to his knees* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! How could I have let this happen?!

Back at Knuckles castle, in Knuckles room.

Shadow: *Listening to the radio* Oh, oh, oh, go totally crazy, forgot I'm a lady! Men's shirts, short skirts, oh, oh, oh, really go wild! Yeah, doin' it in style! Oh, oh, oh, get in the action! Feel the attraction! Color my hair, do what I dare! Oh, oh, oh, I wanna be free, yeah, to feel the way I feel! Man! I feel like a woman!

Okay, that was weird…


~*~*~*~*~

Couple hours later with Tikal…

Tikal: AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *yep, still falling*

~*~*~*~*~

Meanwhile with Knuckles

Knuckles: *sobbing* I failed you, father…I am not worthy of guarding the Master Emerald anymore…I've forsaken my home…father…forgive me…

Chaos: *from the heavens* Sploosh, gurgle, gurgle.

Knuckles: Father?

Chaos: Sploosh, sploosh. (Translation: YOU STUPID ECHIDNA! IT'S YOUR FAULT I HAVE WINGS NOW!! DIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!)

Knuckles: *eyes wide* But…but…FATHER!

Chaos: *shoots a bolt of lightning at Knuckles*

Knuckles: *gets hit* AHH! *didn't get hurt* …Hey…I'm alive! YAY!

Chaos: *cursed* Gurgle! (Translation: STUPID HEAVEN POWERS CAN'T KILL OR HARM!)

Knuckles: *skip off* Yay! I'm sill alive!

A meteor shoots down from the sky.

Knuckles: *screams like a little girl* AHH! Wait…I'm still alive! HA! Missed me!

A sink falls from the sky.

Knuckles: Missed me again!

An anvil falls from the sky.

Knuckles: ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME?!?!?!

Voice from the sky: Yes.

A bookcase falls from the sky.

Knuckles: STOP THAT!

It starts raining cats and dogs (literally).

Random cat: MEEEEEEEOOOOOOW!!!

Knuckles: *get hit with a cat* Ouch…*Get hit with a dog* Ow…

Knuckles: *about ready to cry* LORD SAVE ME!!

Lord: And what will I get in return?

Knuckles: Uh…the world's finest Scooby Snack!

Lord: It's a deal!

Stop raining cats and dogs

Knuckles: Yes! I LIVE! *a kitten hits him in the face and lands on his nose* Ouch…

Kitten: *looks at Knuckles with large innocent eyes* Mew?

Knuckles: Aww…cute kitty…*pets kitty*

Kitten: MEEEEOOOOW!! *stretches Knuckles*

Knuckles: *bruised and beaten* Mommy…

~*~*~*~*~

With Tikal

Tikal: …..*still falling*

~*~*~*~*~

With Rouge

Rouge: Yes! I finally got the Master Emerald! That stupid hedgehog…Hehehe….And that gullible Prince Knuckles. *place the ME on a shrine type thing* All the world's jewels are mine to keep!

Knuckles: *appears* Not so fast, bat-girl!

Rouge: *gasp* Knuckles!

Knuckles: *gasp* Rouge!

Rouge: *gasp* Knuckles!

Knuckles: *gasp* Rouge!

Rouge: *gasp* Knuckles!

Knuckles: *gasp* Rouge!

Rouge: *gasp* Knuckles!

Random person dude: Okay! We get it!

Rouge: *ahem* What are YOU doing here?

Knuckles: I could ask you the same thing! Hand over the family jewel thingamajig!

Rouge: No! It's mine! You can't have it! MINE! MINE! MINE!

Knuckles: No! It's mine! You can't have it! MINE! MINE! MINE! *grabs the emerald*

Rouge: NO! It's mine! You can't have it! MINE! MINE! MINE! *grabs other end of emerald and starts to pull*

Knuckles: Hey! What you doing?! The shiny thing is MINE! It belongs to the family I didn't know I had until this morning! Let go! *pull harder*

Rouge: No way! *pull even harder* Let go Knucklehead!

Knuckles: I'll never let go! Not unless Elvis Presley stops by and start singing "The Circle of Life" with Eton John!

Eton John and Elvis Presley: In the circle….the circle of life!

Knuckles: O.o *lets go of emerald*

Rouge: Ah! *falls back and over a cliff*

Knuckles: Oops! *saves her like in Sonic Adventure 2: Battle*

Rouge: *still holding the jewel close to her, stares at Knuckles in shock*

Knuckles: *staring at her, still holding her hand*

Rouge: *quickly let go of his hand* Don't touch me!

Knuckles: Is that how you thank someone who just saved your life, AGAIN?

Rouge: Well, yeah, that is how I thank someone for saving my life, though you were the only one who had.

Knuckles: Really?

Rouge: Yep. I don't need anyone. It's just that every time you're around, something bad is always happening to me. -_-

Knuckles: *blushes* Whatever…give me my emerald.

Rouge: Fight ya for it.

Knuckles: *smirk* You're on. Whoever wins buy the pizza.

Rouge: O.o I thought we were fighting for the Master Emerald thingy?

Knuckles: That too. Now FIGHT!

While they are settling their differences, let's see what Tarosamo is up to.

~*~*~*~

Tarosamo: Uh…where am I? *looks around his surroundings*

Tree: I am the Ultimate TREE!

Tarosamo: I think I've died and gone to hell…

You sure have, Taro…

~*~*~*~*~

Sonic: Amy! NO! Not that! I'll do anything! ANYTHING! JUST NOT THAT!

Amy: Anything, Sonic?

Sonic: YES! ANYTHING! Just don't make me dress up like a girl and wear makeup!

Amy: Okay! Since I'm a princess, I want you to be my prince, and MARRY ME!

Sonic: …I rather dress up like a girl and wear makeup for the rest of my life…

Amy: *giggles* You say the sweetest things, Sonic!

~*~*~*~*~*~

Shadow: *dancing in his underwear* Show me the meaning of being lonely! Is this the feeling I need to walk with! Tell me why I can't be there where you are! There's something missing in my heart!

Sapphire: *_* Wow….

~*~*~*~*~*~

Back to Rouge and Knuckles

Rouge and Knuckles: *panting* Whew! Stop fooling around and give me back MY emerald!

(Déjà vu, anyone?)

Rouge: What are you blabbing about? You call yourself a hunter? Attacking a lady? Shame on you!

Knuckles: What kind of lady goes around stealing gems, anyway?

Rouge: …We did this all before, haven't we?

Knuckles: That's what I thought…

Rouge: So, what do you say to going out with me tonight?

Knuckles: *eyes widen* Wha-what?! Are you insane?

Rouge: Yep. ^_^

Knuckles: Then sure!