Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The new Blackout story ❯ the new Blackout ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The New Blackout origins
 
16 years ago
 
“how's the experiment going?” a man asks another one, who is sitting at a computer.
 
“Far better than expected. I'm just worried that he might turn on us, then what?”
 
“Relax, we have it all under control.”
 
“I hope you're right.”
 
“Is he ready?”
 
“Yes, where should we keep him?”
 
“In the laboratory, that's the only room we can maintain him in.”
 
“I only hope we never have to use him.”
 
“God help us the day we do, because he cannot be stopped.”
 
They looked at the green container behind them that held what they were talking about. It was separated into two areas, one holding a being named Shadow, the other held a being named Blackout, identical to Shadow except for the eyes and quill style. The container turned blue, and went below ground until the day it would be needed.
 
The day Eggman released Shadow…
 
The container rose above the ground, and the two hedgehogs opened their eyes. While Shadow and Eggman got away, Blackout was thrown into a holding cell. Later, in the same cell, he met Sonic the Hedgehog.
 
“Hey, are you that black hedgehog that's been causing me all this trouble?” Sonic asked
 
“No”
 
“Well, then what's your name?”
 
“Don't know.”
 
“What do you mean by that?”
 
“I mean I don't know my name.”
 
“So, why are you here?”
 
“They're afraid of me, don't know what I'll do when I'm set loose.”
 
That's about the time that Amy dropped in through the ceiling and talked to Sonic. When he ran off, Blackout walked outside the cage, only to be pushed back in.
 
“Oh, no you don't. You're not getting out.” Amy said
 
“Please, let me out. I've never been outside this building before, and have nothing against you.”
 
Amy thought about it for a while, “Okay, you can come, but one screw-up, and you're coming straight back here.”
 
She let him out, and he walked out and looked around. “Well, if that sound is what I think it is, then we need to get out of here, fast, because it sounds like a bomb.”
 
“What sound?”
 
The hall next to them exploded, and he grabbed her arm, then ran off, pulling her with him. They stopped by Tails and Sonic after she said to stop, and flew off the island just as it exploded. That was the beginning of the first adventure for Blackout, and the day he started to find out who he really was.
 
Blackout didn't do much until he and the others entered space colony ARK, then, he found Shadow, and said, “Hello, I suppose you're the one causing me all this trouble.”
 
Shadow turned around, and mumbled, “God, another fake?”
 
“Me? Fake? I think you're the fake one. Ha! You're comparing yourself to me? You're not even good enough to be my fake!”
 
Shadow got mad, really mad. Now this hedgehog he never saw before is using his own words against him? That was crossing the line.
 
“Chaos… spear!”
 
A yellow bolt of energy shot out of Sadow's hand, and exploded on contact with Blackout's body. Shadow thought he was dead, but…
 
Out of the smoke from the explosin, Blackout called out, “You call that a Chaos Spear? THIS is a Chaos Spear!”
 
A large yellow bolt of energy shot out at Shadow, launching him across the room and slamming him against the wall. Blackout walked out of the smoke, and decided to look around the ARK, and eventually found an area that contained many capsules like the ones he was kept in. then, he heard a loud roar. He froze and turned towards the sound, to see that the Biolizard was standing above him.
 
“What the?”
 
The Biolizard didn't even see him, and went right past him. He heard a voice behind him, and walked towards it, no longer thinking about the Biolizard, and found a small moniter, which was playing a clip from a long time ago repeatedly.
 
“……. A project that I will not be able to complete, as the government plans to close this facility, named Blackout, for when I created it, the entire ARK lost power. This being has been made to keep Shadow from killing innocent people.”
 
The moniter showed a picture of the being that the clip was about, encapsulated in one of the containers nearby, unfinished. “That… that's me.” Blackout said (Remember, he doesn't know his name)
 
The ARK vibrated violently, and the moniter switched to a different clip, apparently taken a while later. “…… All you ungrateful humans who took everything from me, shall feel my loss and despair.”
 
Blackout took off, and found himself in the central engine room, and saw Shadow fighting the Biolizard, which seemed to take no notice of his attacks. Then he saw the life support system, and the pipe connected to his mouth.
 
“Shadow!” He yelled, “The life support system! Attack the life support system!”
 
“How exactly am I supposed to get up there?” He yelled back
 
“The pipe on his mouth! Use the pipe to get up there!”
 
the Biolizard apparently got annoyed with Blackout, and hit him with his tail, sending him into a wall. Shadow looked at the Biolizard, and, thanks to Blackout's advice, quickly finished him off.
 
He was about to go see if Blackout was okay, but then the ak vibrated violently, and that section of the Ark fell off towards earth. Blackout was gone, but little did they know, some secrets refuse to stay buried.
 
 
UNTIL NEXT TIME, TO BE CONTINUED