Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Realisation ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer note: I do not own sonic or any of the other characters in this fic they are owned by Sega. So don't try and sue me. Italics are thoughts by the way.

Chapter 2

Amy was brought back to her senses by a knock on the door. She had been sitting thinking about her whole dismal situation since she had called Rouge. She went to answer the door and saw the person she was expecting.

" Hi, Rouge." She said.

"Hello, Honey. Do you have somewhere we can talk privately about this?"

" Yeah sure, follow me."

Amy lead Rouge to her bedroom and made sure the door and all the windows were shut.

" Well Hun, Have you finally realised how pointless it is to hang around waiting for that hedgehog? That boy has got to be stupid or blind, or both!"

" Yeah, I guess i'm just not the girl for him." She said with a noteable sigh.

" Well not to worry, Sugar, Once you start with this organisation you'll be too busy to think about him.
Before i start explaining what your job entails are you sure this is what you want to do?"

Amy thought for a moment.
He never wants to be around me. He sighs everytime he sees me. He won't even go on a date with me. He would rather be in Eggmans' company than mine! This is what he wants. He wants to be as far away from me as possible at least this is one way that i can actually make him happy.
"Yeah, this is the best option for me and him." She decided.

"Ok then. Let's get down to business." She pulls out a map of Mobius. " Amy, You will be stationed here on the outskirts of Robotropolis. We have an adequate bedsit there for you which you can stay in until you infiltrate Eggmans' base. Now i will warn you in advance this is gonna be dangerous."

" Well i didn't think it would be a walk in the park! Wait, Did you say Eggmans' base?"

" Yes, but just hear me out. You will not be able to assiociate with any of your old friends or relatives whilst working with us. If you should meet any of them you will have to ignore them. It might be harsh but if you do it could endanger them or yourself, Understand!"

"Yes, I understand, that but why would i be staying in Eggmans' base?"

" Your mission is to befriend the doctor, convince him that you are on his side and then find a way of getting inside information to us without drawing suspicion to yourself. Once we have information about his future plans, security systems, weaknesses and strengths we may be able to draw an end to his reign of terror once and for all. The biggest problem and risk here is that you may have to go up against your friends to prove to the doctor that you are on his side."

"You mean, I may have to fight Sonic?!"

" It is a great possibility."

" I never thought i would ever have to do that............ but there is a chance that we can stop Eggman once and for all?"

" Yes, and i know it may be hard but if we beat the Doctor isn't it worth it in the end?"

" I guess so............. Ok, I'll do it."

" Ok, you'll be leaving in 24 hours. Only take what is nessesary and do not under any circumstances let anyone know what you are doing!"

" Right, I'll be ready."

" I have to go now, i'll see you tomorrow at midnight." And with that Rouge opened the window and left.

Amy sat on her bed and thought about the whole situation.

I never thought i would have to go up against Sonic. Is this the best thing to do? What if Eggman finds out, he may kill me but then again if all goes to plan we could stop him once and for all. I guess i need to do it. If i don't then i'll regret it. I have to try, if not for me for the rest of Mobius. Guess i better try and get some sleep.

Amy then got up off of her bed and changed into her negligee. She tossed and turned for a good hour before she eventually got to sleep.

Meanwhile.........

At Tails' Place - Sonics' POV

Sonic turned and looked at the clock.
God it's 3 in the morning. I just can't sleep. Man, i've got this feeling that someone is in danger but i don't know who or why. And i can't stop thinking about Amy. I hope she's not the one in danger. It would kill me inside if something happened to her, but not because i love her, right? She's just a close friend.
I keep telling myself that but everytime i think about her gorgeous Jade eyes my heart just melts. Maybe the only way i'll get a decent nights sleep is if i admit it.
Ok, I do. I love Amy Rose. There conscience, you happy now!?
Oh, Man. I still can't sleep. I know, i know. I'll tell her..........as soon as i know how.

Eventually Sonic managed to drift off to sleep too. That is after a lot of tossing and turning!

Well what do you think? Will Sonic tell Amy before she heads off on her mission or will they have too fight one another? And why does Sonic always take like a lifetime to realise that he loves Amy? Ha ha. Well review please and also please don't flame me i'm very delicate like a rose. Lol. But seriously PLEASE NO FLAMES.