Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Realisation ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer Note: I do not own Sonic or any of the other characters in this Fic apart from Vex. So please, don't sue me ok! Oh and again, itallics are thoughts!


Thanks again to i.am.someone who has never stopped reviewing the story as it goes on. I can't tell you how grateful i am. Thanks to Lucidangel, DIPLOMATIC_FOX, Channy and Kristina91, you are all so lovely. This is for all my reviewers, so i hope u like it.

Oh yeah, i know i should have told you earlier but this is the characters ages in this fic.

Sonic: 19
Amy: Nearly 16
Tails: 12
Cream: 10
Shadow: Even though no one really knows his age, i'm saying the same as Sonic so 19
Knuckles: 20
Rouge: 21
Vex: 21

Chapter 5

Amy had just arrived at the training base in the Hill Top Area, it was concealed within the highest peak and she knew that there was no turning back now that she knew where it was. Vex had came to collect her at exactly midnight and flew her all the way out here after tranforming into a massive eagle, he had been very careful not to hurt her with his Talons but also made sure he had a tight enough grip so that he wouldn't drop her. Amy had actually thought he was going to fly right into the mountain for a slight second until a hidden door had opened when they were about 10 seconds from impact. They flew inside and Vex placed her down carefully, then landed next to her and changed back to normal.

"Ok, Miss Rose." He said. "This is where you will be training for the next few months. I won't give you the tour right now because it is to late and you will need rest. You have a busy day tomorrow."

"Um, Ok. That's fine by me but please call me Amy."

"Well, Miss....I mean Amy. I hope that your flight here was comfortable." He stated with a grin.

"Yes, it was lovely. Much to my taste." She said with a smirk and a bit of redness in her cheeks.

"Anything for such an important lady." He felt embarassed when he realised what he had said. "Um, we really should get some rest. Follow me Amy, i will show you to your room."

"Ok, Vex."

That's the first time i've heard her say my name. I love the way she said that. It sounds as if she really trusts me already. I know i shouldn't be thinking about her this way. It's so unprofessional but i have never met a girl like her before. She makes me wanna forget about my job and just let loose and have fun. When i look at her i feel like i just have to hold her. He took a glance towards her and felt that same feeling. Vex, focus for god sake.

He led her through many long tall corriders until he came to corridor 5B. He walked towards a door on this corridor and handed Amy a keycard. She looked at the number on the door. 152.

"This is the key for your room. Try not to lose it. Your room contains basic furniture and your new government issued clothes are in your wardrobe. You can wear your normal clothes whenever you are not training or if you go out into the Hill Top area but never leave the base yourself, you must be accompanied by another agent and if you are going outside make sure no one sees you coming out of the base." He thought for a moment. " I think that is all you need to know for now. I'll come and get you at 7am we'll get breakfast, i'll give you the tour, then we start training, Ok."

"Yeah, roger that." She laughed and he laughed along with her.

I love that smile she has and that laugh. I really wish she wasn't my partner, then i'd be able to ask her out. Oh, well. That's life i guess.

"Well Amy, i'll see you tomorrow, i'm right across the corridor if you need me. Room 153."

"I'm sure i'll be fine but i'll remember that just incase."

"Well goodnight partner." He said with a smile.

"Goodnight, Vex." And with that they entered their rooms.

As Amy entered her room she couldn't fail to realise how empty it seemed compared to her own room in her apartment. One Wardrobe, one chest of drawers, no windows, a single bed and one chair next to the bed. She sat her suitcase on the floor and decided to see what the uniform was like in the wardrobe. As she opened the door to the wardrobe she peered in and realised that everything was black. Black combat trousers, black army style boots, black t-shirts, black combat style shorts, obviously for wearing whilst training and one pair of white trainers. Every item of clothing had a logo. The logo consisted of a picture of the planet Mobius, in the middle of the planet were the letters DOOM and circling the planet were the words, Defenders Of Our Mobius. Then written underneath the logo there was a smaller abbreviation: S.A.U.

Well i guess i'm a member of DOOM. That sounds so weird. Well hopefully we'll spell DOOM for Eggman. And i wonder what SAU stands for, i'll have to ask Vex tomorrow. Only got one problem. Why has the whole uniform gotta be black? I guess it helps so that you can sorta blend into the shadows and stuff, oh well, guess i better get used to it. I suppose i better get some sleep.
Amy walked over to the bed, lifted her suitcase onto the bed and took her Pajamas out of it. She then got changed and lay herself down on her back.

I can't sleep. It was weird today. I just had to leave without even giving them a goodbye, i feel so bad for doing that. It was even stranger that Sonic apoligised to me. He even led me away in front of everyone, and completely ignored all the looks from the others. That is so not like him. He actually seemed nervous about speaking to me. I mean, when is Sonic ever nervous! I wonder why he was being so nice to me all of a sudden.
Look at me. I am miles away from him and i still can't get him out of my head. I wonder if anyone knows i'm gone yet, no, they probably won't realise till tomorrow. I hope they won't hate me for this. What am i saying!? They're gonna hate me as soon as they see me fighting for Eggman, well, that is, if i get that far.
Amy thought about her friends, her mission and of course, Sonic for at least another hour before she finally drifted off to sleep.

Back to Sonic

Sonic held the letter in his hand and looked at it over and over again. He was looking for any sort of clue that she might have left in her letter to her whereabouts. He could find none. He decided it was best to go and see Tails. I mean if anyone could help him find Amy, it had to be his little bro with the 200 IQ. He ran back to his house. He arrived there in only about 30 seconds. He burst in through the door, ran up to Tails' room and shouted on him to wake up. Tails woke up with a start, he looked around the room, saw Sonic then jumped out of bed scrambling for his clothes whilst still half-asleep. Sonic had the urge to laugh for a second but then remembered why he was waking his friend in the first place.

"Tails, calm down. We're not under attack!"

"What?! Then why did you wake me?"

"Read this." He handed Tails the note.

Tails read it, read it again and once more, just to make sure he read it right.

"Is she really gone?" he said open mouthed.

"Yeah, i was just at her apartment and there was no sign of her. You have to help me find her, she thinks that i don't care about her."

"Ok, we'll take the X Tornado and start looking. Do you think we should tell the others?"

"No, not yet. If we haven't found her by morning, then we'll have to but i'm just hoping that we find her before then."

"Ok Sonic. Let's go!"

Sonic and Tails headed to the X Tornado. Tails jumped in the pilot seat and Sonic jumped in the seat behind him. They searched all night. They checked the Mystic Ruins, Angel Island, Hill Top Zone and even Robotropolis. They searched all of Mobius and had no luck. They decided it was time to head home and enlist the help of the others. When they got back it was 8:34 in the morning. Sonic called all their friends and asked then to come over to their place. First to arrive was Shadow, followed by Cream, then Rouge and Knuckles arrived together. Rouge obviously knew what was going on but was unable to say anything. Cream was the first to notice (apart from Rouge) that Amy was not in attendance.

"Where's Amy?" She said looking worried.

"That's why we have asked you to come." Said Tails

"She's went missing and we can't find her anywhere." Sonic said with a heartbroken look on his face. He then handed the note to Cream who read it aloud. She immediately started to cry when she got to the part that Amy had written for her and passed it to Rouge to finish reading. Tails went over to comfort her partly because it was what Amy had asked him to do and partly because he hated seeing her cry like that. Everyone looked stunned, no one had thought that her love for Sonic would ever lead to this. The silence was broken by Shadow.

"You realise that this is all your fault, faker! If you could have just admitted what we all knew anyway this would never have happened."

Sonic looked down at his shoes. He felt like a failure to Amy and to all of his friends.

"I know it's my fault, ok. I tried to tell her but she kept interupting me. That's why i went to her apartment last night. I was going to tell her but i was to late. I'm sorry. If anything happens to her i'll................" He then ran to his bedroom and proceded to let out his anger on his punchbag that was suspended from the ceiling. Tails went to check on him and when he saw how angry he was he thought it was best to let him cool down. He went back downstairs to talk to the others.

"I'm just gonna let him cool off for a while. Shadow," he started, "There really was no need for that. We're all worried about her, Sonic especially. We all just need to focus. I think we should split up into teams and start looking."

"Ok, your right Tails." said Cream drying her tears.

"Yeah, we'll find her." Said Knuckles.

"Right, Cream and i will look using the X Tornado. Rouge you can pair with Knuckles and Sonic and Shadow are both fast enough to cover a lot of ground on their own. I'll give you all a walkie talkie and if you find anything that could help us locate her then let the rest of us know, ok!"

"Ok." They all said in unison. Each person grabbed their own walkie talkie and then everyone left, except Tails, Cream and Sonic.

"Cream. Wait here a second till i let Sonic know what's happening."

"Ok, Tails."

Tails went upstairs and let Sonic know what had been decided. Sonic then left as fast as his legs could go (Which is obviously pretty fast). Then Tails led Cream to The X Tornado and helped her into the passenger seat. He then flew up into his own seat.

"Tails?!"

"Yeah, Cream."

"Do you think we'll find her?"

"I hope so, Cream. I hope so."

Well that's chapter 5. Hope you like it. As always, i love to hear what you think, so please review. No flames please but constructive critisism is fine by me. And of course any ideas for the story are welcome as i sorta write it as i go on. Thanks again for reading.