Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Second Emerald Master ❯ Chapter 10 - The Underground Sanctuary ( Chapter 10 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 10 - The Underground Sanctuary
Back on Mobius, Andrew is sitting on the front steps of the castle looking out over the big city.
“Sometimes I wonder if being sent here was for a much higher purpose other than stopping Chaos from destroying the world,” he thought to himself. “If there is, then what is it?”
As he continues to look on, he notices a silver hedgehog flying in the sky towards the castle. The hedgehog notices Andrew on the castle steps and drops to the ground to meet him.
“Hey, aren't you Andrew?” he asks.
“Yeah; why?”
“I heard about you; you're the second emerald master.”
“You and everyone else I've met today…”
“My name is Silver. I always thought that the emerald master was a legend, but you're actually here. But I thought the last emerald master was mobian, not human.”
“Tell me about it; I for one, still don't understand this.”
“Understand what?”
“Why am I still here? Ever since I got transported here, I haven't been able to find a way back home.”
“What do you mean you got transported here?”
“The chaos emeralds opened up a portal and the next thing I knew, I was traveling through time and space and then ended up on Angel Island.”
Sonia then walks outside to meet Silver.
“Hi, Silver,” she says.
“Hey, Sonia,” he replies.
“Where are the two of you about to go?”
“Me and Silver are about to do some research on the emerald master legend. You want to come?”
“I guess so,” he says, standing up. “I've been wanting to see what Central Mobius is like.”
“Then let's go.”
Andrew begins following Silver and Sonia, but then stops and asks a question.
“Wait; how are we going to get down there?”
“You leave that to me.”
Silver then raises his hand up to Andrew and lifts him off the ground.
“Whoa, what are you doing? This is freaky…!” Andrew exclaims.
“Silver is the only psychic hedgehog on Mobius. His ability to move, control, and reshape matter with his mind is quite useful.”
“Okay… still kind of freaky…!”
Silver and Sonia join up with Andrew and the three of them go flying off into the sky. What they don't realize is that they're secretly being watched, via satellite, that is.
“So the emerald master legend is true,” he says. “Whoever that person is with Silver and Sonia must be him. I think it's time I welcomed him to my territory… Chaos!”
The water-like monster that shattered the Master Emerald walks into the room.
“Go find our new friend and bring him back here. Do whatever you have to do, but don't harm him too badly. Bring him back here alive.”
The man turns back around and continues watching his screen of Silver, Sonia, and Andrew landing at the Mobius History Museum & Public Library.
“A history museum… and a public library; it's pretty big…” Andrew asks.
“This is the main library and museum in Central Mobius. It doesn't get any bigger than this.” Sonia says.
“Do you think we'll find anything here?”
“We should; every piece of Mobius history lies here,” Silver says. “They should have something on the emerald master.”
They continue up the steps of the library and walk in the doors. Once inside, the people walking around in the library stop and stare directly at Andrew.
“Uh, Sonia? They're staring at me...”
“Just keep walking; try not to do anything suspicious.”
As I was walking through the museum, continuously being stared at, it almost reminded me of being back at the city's cross-country meets where everyone knew that I was going to win every meet every time. Oh, did they stare me down hard. It's like they wanted to find a way to sabotage me in a way that I couldn't win or finish. They didn't trust me and I didn't blame them. If they only knew I was the second emerald master, maybe they would trust me a little more.
They continue walking through the museum with everyone still staring at Andrew and eventually stop at the desk.
“Excuse me; Patricia?” Sonia says to the information clerk. The clerk looks up, sees Sonia and Silver, and then looks at Andrew.
“Sonia, Silver; who's your friend?”
“This is Andrew; he's new in town and we're helping him around. Do you think you could point us to the ...E.M.S. section?”
Patricia looks up and down the halls and then walks out from behind the desk.
“Follow me.”
The three of them follow her to an elevator at the end of a long annex. Once inside the elevator, she presses a button and the elevator quickly descents to a floor labeled “SEM 7”. The door opens and it reveals an underground library with eight books, with each book having seven scrolls around it.
“What is this place?” Andrew asks.
“This is the sanctuary of the emerald master. The first emerald master trained to increase his power and to learn new moves and methods to defeat his enemies,” Patricia replies.
Andrew looks around for a moment and then stops at the first pedestal with the first book and seven scrolls.
“Maybe these books can tell me more about what I'm about to become.”
“What do you mean `become'?”
“Well, you might find this hard to believe, but... I'm the, uh... new emerald master... the second generation.”
Patricia stops and looks at Andrew pondering how he could be the emerald master.
“You? You're the second emerald master?”
“Yeah; I know it seems hard to believe, but if you ask yourself `where have you ever seen me anywhere on Mobius?' Clearly, the answer would be no.”
Everyone pauses for a moment.
“If you are the emerald master, then what took you so long to return?”
“What are you talking about?”
“The first emerald master disappeared 5000 years ago; and now, you just decide to come back? It's a little late for that, don't you think?”
“Don't be so quick to start calling me out; when I last checked, I've never had a past life! I don't know anything about being the first emerald master... EVER!”
Before Andrew says anything else, the entire sanctuary begins to rumble.