Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Second Emerald Master ❯ Chapter 13 - Whistler's Outlaw Hideout ( Chapter 13 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 13 - Whistler's Outlaw Hideout
Later that night, Whistler drives Cross and Lindsay to an abandoned warehouse outside the city where he finds a person waiting for them.
“Wait here,” Whistler says, getting out of the truck and approaching the guy in front of him.
Lindsay and Cross watch Whistler and the guy talking to him as they continue to talk.
“I still say you shouldn't have brought them here,” the guy says.
“Whether whatever the leader did to them, Lindsay's brother is the emerald master,” Whistler replies. “We might actually have a chance to take these guys out.”
The guy looks over at them and then looks back at Whistler.
“You had better be right about this.”
Whistler signals Lindsay and Cross to step out of the car to meet his friend.
“I want you to guys to meet my friend; his name is Mylar. He too is also a former BES member.”
“It's nice to meet you, Mylar,” Lindsay says.
“Likewise,” he replies as he turns his attention to Cross, who also redirects his attention back at him.
Both Cross and Mylar lock eyes and stare at each other with a hatred look towards one another.
“Did I miss something? Do you two know each other?” Whistler asks.
“This is the same pig that got me 25 to life in the California State Penitentiary,” Mylar says, with slight aggravation.
“And this is the same delinquent that murdered several police officers during a standoff with his Black Emerald Society buddies,” he replies, with the same slight aggravation. “How long has it been? 35 years? Did you make some new boyfriends while in the pen? It also must've been pretty boring. Hopefully, you dropped the soap in the shower. You could've had some fun there.”
Mylar gives a hard punch to the Cross' face, who falls to the ground on impact, half-conscious.
“What did you do that for?!” Lindsay asks.
“Wouldn't you?” Mylar replies.
“If I was going to hit him, I wouldn't nearly knock him out!”
“He should just be glad he's still alive.”
Mylar turns around and walks back inside of the warehouse while Lindsay and Whistler tend to helping Cross back to his feet.
“Sorry about him,” Whistler says, “He's had a complicated past; I'll explain later.”
As they help Cross to his feet, Mylar is in the back with his outlaw friend, Trent who is working on a special project. I can't say what it is, though. It's a secret.
“He came back, didn't he?” Trent asks.
“He brought that cop back here,” he replies. “I don't know what Whistler was thinking bringing them back here.”
“Maybe they can help us in bringing down the Black Emerald Society and all they've done.”
“Trent, I'm not working with that cop.”
Trent walks over to Mylar.
“Can you try to get along with someone who IS a member of the law? Besides, if he does get out of hand, the emerald master's sister is here. She'll eventually put a stop to it and talk some sense into you and him.”
“…You better be right about this…”
Meanwhile, back outside, Lindsay and Cross are walking around the warehouse looking at some of the things they've developed over the years.
“They seem to have done a lot in their spare time,” she says.
“Well, they don't work, they've separated themselves from society, and their ex-criminals. If I was them I'd definitely have a lot of spare time on my hands,” he replies.
“Okay, will you just stop?!”
“Stop what?”
“Ever since you got here, you've been acting like a total jerk to those guys.”
“They're ex-convicts!”
“So what?! Everyone deserves a second chance, Cross. You should know, after all. You've messed up more than once as a cop.”
She then walks away from him in an aggravated manner leaving him by himself speechless. Cross just sighs and follow her. Lindsay makes her way over to where Trent and Mylar are working on their special project.
“Look, Mylar, I don't care what Cross says about you. I think you guys are all right; you just got mixed in with the wrong crowd.”
“I appreciate hearing you saying that,” he says. “It's not every day someone like you gives compliments to ex-convicts.”
“What did you guys go to jail for anyway,” she asks, reaching for a metal piece on their machine.
“You don't want to touch that,” Trent warns. “And the answer to your next question is we don't exactly like to talk about it. We've been trying to forgive and forget about what we've done.”
“I can respect that.”
Before anything else is said, Whistler walks over with an old generator and hands it to Mylar.
“How far have you guys come along?” Whistler asks.
“We're doing our best to get this thing up and running, but rebuilding this thing is going to be a little more difficult than we thought,” Mylar says.
“What exactly are you guys building?” Lindsay asks.
“We, uh, can't exactly tell you that now,” Trent says. “When the time is right, we'll let you know.”
“Listen Lindsay, it's gonna get dark soon, do you want me to drive you guys back to LA?”
“Yeah, I guess. Once I go back home, I don't know what I'm gonna do now that my brother got teleported somewhere in the universe.”
“He didn't get transported to somewhere,” Trent says.
“Well, where did he get taken to?”
“Ever hear of the planet Mobius?”
“Sort of; Cross described it in a legend he heard.”
“It's the legend of the emerald master. The emerald master first originated on Mobius thousands of years ago. I bet that's where your brother is.”
“Will he be able to ever come back?”
“I'm not sure. If he finds all seven chaos emeralds, he might be able to recreate the same portal that sent him there to send him back here.”
“I sure hope so…”