Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ the second return of blackout ❯ rise of the dead ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The rise of the dead
 
Shadow hates being left for dead. When he is, things get a bit… out of hand.
 
Blackout stood up in the middle of an open field, and he stood in a pool of his own blood. This was not strange, as he had a large piece of his leg missing, and his left hand was missing all of its skin and most of its flesh.
 
He walked towards the city nearby. He knew the city's name, for he used to live there.
 
“Central City, the place where I landed, my grave.” He said to himself
 
As he got nearer, a familiar hedgehog ran into him. Literally. Sonic the Hedgehog ran straight into Blackout, who failed to react, as he felt nothing as it happened.
 
“Hello, Sonic. Remember me?”
 
“Who are yo—” Sonic started, then he saw who he was talking to, “What?! I— impossible. You died!”
 
“And yet, here I am.” Blackout said, “My name is Blackout the Hedgehog, and YOU left me for dead, you never tried to find me!”
 
“W— what're you going to do to me?”
 
“Nothing, I just need a place to stay and recover.”
 
“O— okay, you can stay with me, is there anyone you want to talk to?”
 
“Two people, Amy and Shadow.”
 
“Shadow's dead.”
 
“WHAT?!”
 
“I'm sorry, I couldn't do anything about it.”
 
“I believe you, I'm sorry about that, just a little… paranoid.”
 
“It's okay, I can understand that.”
 
At that moment, Amy Rose ran up to Sonic, and saw him on the ground.
 
“Sonic, why are you on the ground?”
 
“He ran into me.” Blackout said.
 
“Well you should've moved. It's rude to stand in someone's way.” Amy said, swinging her hammer at Blackout.
 
“Amy,” Blackout said, behind her before her hammer was halfway between her and where he was standing, “It's me, remember? The nameless hedgehog.”
 
“What?!”
 
“Yes, it's me. My name is Blackout.”
 
She turned and looked at him, then hugged him.
 
“What are you doing?”
 
“Shhhh… I'm sorry.”
 
“Okay, I suppose that's fine.”
 
“Oh! Your leg…”
 
“It's nothing, really.”
 
“No, it's…”
 
Blackout looked at his leg, and saw the missing portion of it rapidly regrow.
 
“That's… kinda creepy.”
 
At Sonic's house
 
Blackout sat in the living room, eyes closed.
 
“Well, I'm back.”