Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Voice ❯ Chapter 3

[ A - All Readers ]

He comes. Just as he always has. Not like he ever has a choice.
I need your help.
Why should I help you?
Not like you have a choice.
There's always a choice. You have the choice of turning to me for help, or the choice of dying where you stand.
Then I don't have a choice. If you don't… take over, then-
I don't think you understand, brother.I don't have to help you. So I won't.
If I die, so do you.
You always did try to bluff with no cards in your hand. Your threats don't scare me.
You think you can survive without me? You tried that. Didn't quite work out.
Oh, but I've learned from previous mistakes. I'm quite certain I'd survive this time.
But you wouldn't get the joy of killing me.
My, you are desperate, aren't you? What could it be, I wonder, that has you willing to have me kill you than it?
Nothing you can't handle.
I'm sure. I fight it, defeat it, maybe try to kill your friends. Then what? I disappear again, like a whipped dog.
Not interested.
You have to-
THERE IS NOTHING I HAVE TO! I AM THE ONE WITH THE POWER HERE, FOOL!
You think you scare me?
I don't think. I know.
This thing…it'll destroy everything.
Shake its hand for me.
Please…
Hah. That's right, blue boy. Beg.
Begging won't help you. But, please, feel free to continue.
You really are twisted, aren't you?
I amyou, Sonic. Your reflection, your shadow.
How is Shadow, incidentally?
Don't even try to blame me for that, brother. I wasn't even there when you let him fall.
I tried to-
You wanted him dead. Because he was right.
You killed Kintobor. To save a world, you killed your best friend. You didn't try to find another way.
And what about Johnny?
Shut up.
No, I won't. You come to me, asking me for help. Why should I help a coward?
Johnny-
-died because you failed, hero. You chickened out. He didn't. And who's still standing today?
You have no idea what you're talking about.
I think I do. You failed them, ALL of them. And it doesn't keep you awake at night.
How does it feel?
HOW DOES IT FEEL?
I-
You left them to die, left me to die. Left us, all your failures, alone in the dark, while you wandered free. You took all the glory from those that deserved it.
Shadow was better than you. He tried to honour Kintobors memory. You spat on it.
SHADOW killed a universe! Tired to blow up the planet!
I never said he went about it the right way. But at least he tried. You hide behind a wall of morality, saying that you did it all for the greater good.
You…you're right.
I failed them. All of them. I'm a coward, a weakling. You-
-were right? Of course I was. Now, you were saying something about an enemy?
Freedom. Momentarily? Probably. But I'm betting I can cause some carnage before times up.
Keep Sonic company, would ya?