Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Who's Yo' Daddy?! ❯ What the HECK! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: No, I don't own any of these chars. They're property of Sega/Sonic Team/Sega Studios
 
A/N: Sorry if the chap uploads all bunched up together.
That happens on MM.org when the file is uploaded as a html sometimes. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. O.o It's weird. Anyway, this one is in the ms word format now.
 
 
WHO'S YO' DADDAY! ? Chaptuh 2!
 
 
“Soooooooooooooooniiic!! Oh Sonic!” Amy cheerfully called to him, stacking his mail neatly on the dinner table. “Guess what! There's a Treasure Hunter's Convention tonight! Wanna come?”
Blinking twice from her abundance of enthusiasm, Sonic shook his head. “Nah, that's okay. Maybe old Knucklehead's goin'. Treasure Hunting's right up his alley.”
Eyeing Sonic with an obviously dreamy look of enchantment in her eyes, Amy sighed and didn't even hear a word he said. In fact, the only following movement she made was lifting her head when Sonic began to step closer to her.
“Hey, let me see my mail.” Sonic requested, reaching out a hand for it, but Amy quickly snatched it away.
“Ah ah ahhhhh! Let your housewife do all that! You just sit back somewhere and relax Sonic!” she chirped, wagging a finger at him and winking. “Now!” she added, already beginning to push him towards the couch. “Now, you sit here and relax!” she smiled sweetly.
Sonic sighed and shook his head. `What am I going to do with her…'
Beaming and thinking that she was being a decent `temporary' housewife, Amy pranced in a little circle as she flipped through the mail in her hands. Upon coming across an envelope that looked horribly tacky with its awful handwriting and penmanship, Amy abruptly turned her nose up at it and opened it with her hands as far away from her face as possible.
Looking at its contents with one eye, her curiosity instantly won over her disgust and she brought the letter close to read it.
“Congratulations, Sonic T Hedgehog on your new bundle of …joy? Huh?!… You are now, hopefully, the proud father of your newborn baby…boy…” Amy trailed off, her words becoming more silent with each breath “…Shadonic…?! What…” Puzzled, hurt and amazed all at the same time, Amy gazed slowly upto Sonic with wide eyes on the verge of tears.
“WHOA! Now hold on! WHO'S got a son named Shadonic?! It sure isn't me!!!” Sonic cried, leaping up from the couch and waving his hands defensively. Not making a sound, Amy stood a few feet away from him, shuddering and shaking. Sonic gulped as he watched her hands balled into taut fists. Quickly he rushed over placed his hands on Amy's quivering shoulders. Taking a deep breath, he silently regretted being such a good hearted person to risk his life and sanity just to calm Amy down. Preparing for the worst, Sonic closed his eyes and softly rubbed her shoulders. “Now…now, Amy…calm down…”
At this moment, Tails had finished with his phone call and stepped cheerfully out into the living room. “Hey, Sonic, I just got off the phone with Knuckles and--- ” he trailed off once he saw Amy's shuddering form and took a step back into the kitchen. “Uh….nevermind! I'll tell you later!” he stated briskly and went back into the `safety' of the kitchen. “I'm not afraid of Amy…I'm not..!” he spoke lowly to reassure himself, “But I'm not gonna get close to her when she's mad like this!! Sonic may be used to this kind of thing, I LIKE living!”
Back in the living room, Sonic peeked out at her through one eye and swore he could see the table shuffling behind her in the background.
“Oh crap…” he muttered under his breath. If Amy was this mad now, he'd hate to see her REALLY upset.
Hesitating with if he should go or stay, Sonic heaved an uncomfortable sigh and tried calling to her again. “…Hey...uh…Amy?”
The second she heard her name, Amy's head slowly rose until her eyes met coldly with Sonic's.
“ulp”
“Sonic Hedgehog you---!!” she started to growl, then out of nowhere instantly became extremely happy and threw her arms around him. “You're so SHY and SWEET Sonic!”
Sonic and Tails both abruptly lost their balance.
“Say WHAT!!!??”
“Amy are you sick??” Tails called from the back of the kitchen. His voice was so faint, she didn't even hear it.
Happily, Amy giggled and nuzzled Sonic's chest. “Oh SONIC!! It was such a great idea for you to adopt a CHILD for the two of us to love and care for!”
Silence coated the room as both Sonic and Tails stared at Amy with a wide gape.
Disturbed from her sudden attitude change, Sonic discreetly attempted to wriggle out of her tight embrace, but that only got Amy to hug him more!
“A—Amy, please…” Sonic nearly had to wheeze to get her to hear him.
“Yes, Sonic??” she chirped.
“Please…stop squeezing me, okay? I don't feel like playing any games right now.”
“Oh don't be silly Sonic! You know what you did!”
“Yeah, absolutely nothing!”
“Nothing…?”
That was not the answer she was expecting to hear.
She finally released her vice grip around him and looked at him straight in the eyes. “…You did… adopt a child for us …right Sonic? Right?”
Feeling stuck between a rock and a hard place, Sonic sighed and shook his head. “No Amy, I didn't.” he said sternly, trying to pry Amy gently off of him. “Now, let me go…”
Amy gasped and dropped the rest of the mail from her hands.
All was silent for a good 3 seconds, then…
“WHAAAT?!!!!!” she roared, her voice creating a wall-shaking echo. Tails and Sonic both had to grab onto something to avoid tumbling from one side of the house to the other.
`Oh man..' Sonic thought. `First a bad dream, and now this…!' “Amy, would you knock it off!”
Ignoring him, Amy stepped closer to him.
“HOW CAN YOU DO SUCH A HORRIBLE THING?!” Amy yelled, her eyes flashing. A split second was all Sonic had to dodge the table being hurled at him.
“Amy have you lost your mind?!” he shouted, ducking to avoid being hit with a lamp.
Amy was in such a rage, that random objects around the room began to levitate and become immediate projectiles towards Sonic—and he barely was able to avoid all of them!
“SONIC HEDGHOG--! “ Amy began in a deep and booming voice “YOU LIED TO ME!!” she screamed, pulling out her hammer and chasing after Sonic, swinging it wildly.
Mortified, Sonic took off, trying to shake her off his trail, but she kept up with him!
Bewildered, Tails dumbfoundedly watched as Amy tore up whatever was in her path, trying extremely hard to smack Sonic with her hammer while he zipped and zagged around the room.
Tails sighed. “I sure hope a real husband and wife don't act this way…”
Then suddenly Tails jumped as the vibration of something in his pocket surprised him. Digging down into it, he pulled out an orange cell phone and put it closely to one ear with both hands. “Hello?” he squeaked, not sure how to answer to anyone in this type of situation.
“Hey, it's me!” a gruff voice stated on the other end. Tails recognized the voice immediately. “Oh hey Knuckles!! Did you get my call?”
“Yeah I got it, but I guess you or Sonic didn't get mine. I called the house a few minutes ago, and I just got the machine.”
“Oh…” Tails said, meekly, fingering the phone's antennae. Because of all the ruckus Sonic and Amy were causing, Tails didn't hear the phone ring in the kitchen. “That was because, well um…”
“ HOE DARE YOU PENATRATE ANOTHER WOMAN WITHOUT TELLING ME!!! DIE SONIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
“Ahhhh Amy knock it off!!”
There was silence on the other end of the phone, then Knuckles laughed. “Sounds like Sonic played with that girl's heart again!! I warned him about that! Hahahaha!! So who's he messing around with this time?”
“Nobody, Knuckles. That's the thing! But, do you think you can do Sonic a favor and get Amy outta here?”
“I'm on my way” Knuckles agreed, still laughing as he hung up.
Closing his cell phone Tails stood there for a minute, wondering if that was such a good idea…
Moments later, the doorbell rang—several times.
“Man, what's keeping them?” Knuckles wondered, impatiently tapping his foot. “Don't tell me nobody's home!” But the answer was made clear when the shrill sound of Amy's angered voice and countless objects breaking rippled through the door. Laughing, Knuckles shook his head and placed his hand on the knob, when the door suddenly opened on its own.
Standing on the other side of the door was Sonic—a perplexed and wary expression on his face. “Hey Knuckles.” He said quickly, then zipped away while Amy tore after him and then he returned. “What brings you here?”
Before Knuckles could even open his mouth, Sonic sped away again to dodge Amy's attacks. Watching them toil around the room, Knuckles chuckled and let himself in.
“Gee, I don't know. I guess I'm just here to watch you make a fool of yourself, Sonic! TOLD you to leave that girl's heart alone!”
“Can it Knuckles!” Sonic shouted, dodging a flurry of projectiles and the edge of Amy's hammer. “What do you want!?”
Shaking his head, Knuckles shrugged and then crossed his arms. “I'm coming out of the closet, Sonic.” He said in an emotionless tone.
That got everything to stop.
Sonic felt his stomach churn and covered his mouth while Amy lowered her weapon.
“Whaaat!” Amy cried, turning her attention to the red echidna. “KNUCKLES! When did you get here!”
“Just in time to see your boyfriend here turn pale!” He laughed.
“Knuckles...man, that is not funny…!” Sonic retaliated, sounding slightly muffled. Then he recomposed himself. “You've gotta be joking.”
“Haha I am joking!! I had to get your attention somehow!”
“Ohhh good point…” Sonic agreed, nodding.
“Hey Knuckles!” Tails greeted, finally stepping out of the kitchen and waving.
Knuckles nodded to him with a toothy grin and then walked over to Amy.
Watching him with wide eyes, Amy started backing away. Her chest heaved and her forehead was slick with sweat. “What…what do you want Knuckles? Why are you looking at me like that…?”
He chuckled and casually reached for her hammer and she yanked it away. “Don't try anything, I'm warning you!”
“Relax, Amy!” he reassured and leaned close to whisper something in her ear.
Upon realizing what he said, Amy's eyes widened and she glanced to Sonic, who backed up, and then nodded. “Really?”
Knuckles smiled. And glanced at Sonic also.
Getting all these strange looks, Sonic suddenly started to break into cold sweat. “Why're you guys lookin' at me like that?!!”
“Ohhh…” Amy smirked, lowering her eye-lids in a sly way. “It's nothing that'll interest you.”
“HUH!? Ya keep looking' at me! Wouldn't that make it ABOUT me?!”
“Yeah!” Tails chimed in, coming fully into the living room now.
But Amy just waved their words aside.
“Anyway, shall we go, Knuckles?” Amy asked cheerfully.
“Yes, absolutely!” Knuckles replied with a big grin, looping his arm with hers.
Sonic and Tails both watched in shock as Knuckles escorted Amy out of the room. As they passed a disturbed Sonic, Knuckles winked at him and mouthed. “I've got this under control.”
Sonic cringed and for some reason couldn't get the image of Knuckles in a pimp outfit, feather and all, out of his head.
“…Whatever, allright.” Sonic shrugged.”
“We'll be at the Treasure Hunter's convention if you need to find us…” Then he looked back at Sonic with a smirk. “So get those disgusting and worried thoughts out your mind, hedgehog.”
Guilty as charged!
Sonic nervously chuckled and waved them goodbye.
Closing the door behind him, he leaned against it and let his mind wander to past events.
“Man, what a day…” he muttered.
“Yeah I agree” Tails chimed in, as his eyes traveled around the room. “…And what a mess…”
“Yeah… she totally trashed my place…” he added, his thoughts continuing to drift.
“Don't worry Sonic, I'll help you clean it”
“Thanks…” then he spoke up. “Actually, I'm going to step out for a bit and get to the bottom of this—child situation.”
“Oh...? Oh okay… I'll just wait for you to get back then.”
“Thanks.”
”Um...Sonic…?”
“Yeah?” he questioned, turning to Tails.
Tails fidgeted nervously and then looked up at him. “Um…you're not really a father…are you…?”
Disturbed by the question, Sonic sighed heavily and thought of a way to explain it clearly to him.
“Not counting Amy, have you ever seen me with a woman?.”
Tails thought about it and slowly shook his head. “No…”
“There, answered your own question.”
Perplexed, Tails raised an eyebrow, but before he could ask another question, Sonic had already gone out the door and closed it behind him.
Once outside, even Sonic had to think about what he said. “Did that even come out right?” he wondered, then shrugged. “Well whatever. I've got to figure all this out…and that mean's I have to go talk to that faker…” He shuddered, the remnants of his nightmare returning to him and he shook his head to dispose of them.
“Why me…?” he groaned, sulking a bit and taking his time to head to the only place he knew Shadow would be---Club Rouge.
 
 
-Mel