Sonic X Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic Duels: The Shadow Clan Saga! ❯ It's all falling apart. ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4: It's all falling apart.
 
Tails, Cream and Marine all arrived at the duel arena, Tails taking a careful look around. After seeing that neither Sonic or Amy was here, she sighed in relief and walked into the arena.
“Oh man...You win again.” Said a duellist who'd just lost a duel.
“Got that right.” Said the cocky winner. “If I coulda afforded to get into the tournament, I woulda won it, I'm the best in the world.” He said cockily. Tails ignored him outright, but Marine took a notice to him.
“Wha's that idiot sayin'?” She asked. “Sound's like a cocky shit if ya ask me.”
“Ignore him.” Tails replied. She took a seat and looked around.
“So Tails, now that we're here, what do you want to do?” Cream asked as she sat next to her. Tears began to well up in Tails eyes again as she lowered her head. “Oh, please don't cry again, Tails.” Cream pleaded, looking like she might cry as well. Marine looked at them and walked up cheerfully.
“`ere, Tails, mate. Le's duel some people.” Tails shook her head.
“I don't want to...” She replied. “I just want to sit and crawl in a hole and die...Sonic doesn't like me and Shadow is missing...”
“Wha's that Shad guy got to do with it?” Marine questioned.
“Well....nothing....” Tails replied, hesitantly.
“Odd...Come on, mate. There's duellists everywhere, surely one of em's gotta be a good duellist, eh?” At this moment a girl began to cry in the centre of the room, which Tails looked toward. The cocky guy from before had the girl by her collar, which sparked something in Tails, who in result twirled her tails around and flew over.
 
“You lost, so give me your card, that was the deal!” He yelled at the girl.
“But my daddy gave me this card, I can't just hand it over...” The girl cried.
“Oi! What's going on here.” Tails asked hovering upside down above them.
“None of your business, rodent.” The cocky black dog barked at Tails. Tails replied by going back upright and landing in between him and the girl.
“I'm making it my business, you jerk.” She said in his face.
“You wanna make something of it, you smelly fox?!” With that, sparks seemed to appear between their eyes as a stare down was issued.
“Please, I don't want to give you my card...” The girl pleaded.
“Shut up, that was the agreement.” The jerk roared past Tails at her.
“How about a new deal?” Tails asked. “I duel you, if I win, you let her keep her card.”
“Sounds good.” Said the jerk. “However, if I win, I'll not only get her card, but you're entire deck.” He grinned.
“Okay.” Tails replied. This made jaws drop, especially Cream and Marines. The two got into position and activated their duel disks.
 
Tails slotted her deck, as did the jerk. They drew five cards, Tails drew a 6th without asking.
“I'm going first.” She said aloud. “I activate Duel Dimension Capsule and place my Fusion Gate inside it.” Tails said, removing the Fusion gate from her deck and shuffling her deck. “I'll set a monster and 2 face downs, and now it's your go.” Tails said.
The guy drew. “I place 2 face downs and activate my Card Trader, now I summon Spirit Reaper to the field.” And the Spirit Reaper rose. (300/200) “Now, attack her face down!” He ordered.
“What a stupid move, my Morphing Jar denies you.” Tails said.
“Oh well.” The guy said. <7700>
“Thanks for flipping it, cause now we discard our hands and draw 5 cards.” Tails said as the two resolved the effect.
“No problem, I was hoping to do that.” The guy said. “My name is J.D by the way.”
“Tails, but you should know that.” Tails replied.
“Whatever, man. I place another face down and activate Level Limit - Area B.” J.D said. “And that ends my move.”
 
Tails drew. “I switch my jar to attack and attack your Spirit Reaper.” Tails said.
“He can't be destroyed in battle you idiot.” J.D replied.
“No, but he I can still dish out life points to you.” Tails said.
“We'll see, I activate Gravity Bind and chain my Raigeki Break discarding my other Raigeki Break to it and destroy your Jar!” J.D made his counter. Tails wasn't affected by the loss of her jar.
“My turn is over.” Tails said.
J.D Drew. “Time to make pain.” He said. “First, I'll use card Trader and switch some cards over.” He said, resolving his cards. “I'll set one card and attack you directly!” He said. Tails was hit, but shrugged it off. <7700> “And that's my turn.”
Tails drew. “Thanks to my Different Dimension Capsule, I now get the removed card in my hand.” And Tails retrieved the Fusion Gate. “Now I use Heavy Storm.” She said.
“What?! No!” J.D groaned. “Well, no problem, you removed Ojamagic, which when removed from my hand or field to the grave, I get one of each Ojama's.” J.D said, claiming his cards and shuffling his deck.
“Uh huh... I set 3 cards, activate Fusion Gate.” And suddenly the arena turned into a green grid behind Tails was what seemed a purple vortex. Which filled the room. This gathered a crowd around.
 
“Show him, Tails!” Cream said aloud.
“Yea', show `im who's boss!” Marine cheered also.
 
“I use swords of revealing light and end my turn.” Tails said, as the swords fell to J.D's side of the field. This made everyone fall over.
“I was expecting a fusion.” A crowd member said.
“Me too, oh well.” Another replied.
J.D drew. “One monster face down and Spirit Reaper goes into defence.” J.D said. “Your move.”
Tails drew. <SORL =1> “I use Nobleman of Crossout on your monster you just set.” Tails said.
“I chain my Solemn Wishes trap card.” J.D activated the trap.
“I chain Raigeki Break and remove the card in my hand for it and destroy Solemn Wishes.” Tails replied.
“Damn!” The cards were resolved.
“My turn is over.” Tails said.
J.D Drew. “I summon Marshmallon and switch my Spirit Reaper into attack...and attack!”
“Idiot, you forgot my swords already.” Tails uttered.
“Oops, oh well, guess I'll end then.”
Tails drew her card. Where are all my monsters at? She thought to herself. “One card face down and end.”
“You expect to win like this?!” J.D questioned, then laughed. “You're pathetic.”
“Says Ojama king.” Tails replied coldly.
J.D Drew. “Whatever, lady. I use Messenger of Peace.”
“I use Solemn Judgement.” Tails said. <3850>
 
“What the...” Cream questioned.
“It's almost like she wants to lose.” Marine said to herself.
 
“Meh, I end with a face down monster.” J.D said. “This is going to be the easiest duel of the day.”
Tails drew. The sword shattered. Ok, this sucks... “End.”
“Man, how pathetic...at least I have monsters on the field.” J.D drew. “Another monster face down and time to take more life points. “Attack.” Mashmallon and Spirit Reaper charged. Tails card in her hand was sent to the graveyard.
“Huh?” She questioned.
“When my Spirit reaper succeeds in attacking directly, you lose a card from your hand.” J.D smirked.
“Oh well.” Shoulda used it... Tails thought. <3250>
“I end.”
Tails drew. About time... She thought. “I have no monsters, but you do, so lets say hello to Cyber Dragon.” (2100/1600) “Attack Spirit Reaper.” With that, an explosion hit, but Spirit reaper stood tall...unlike J.D. <5900>
“Why did she attack Spirit reaper?” A bystander asked.
“Cause I think she'd have lost 1000 points for attacking marshmallon and the life points would have been the same lose anyway.” Cream told him.
“I end my turn.” Tails said.
J.D drew. “I use Lightning Vortex by removing Ojama Black from my hand.” He said.
“Solemn Judgement.” Tails replied. <1625>
“God damn it.” J.D was pissed. “One monster face down and everything else in defence and end.”
Tails drew. “I use Different Dimention Capsule and place Proto-Cyber Dragon inside.” Tails said. “Now I attack your left face down.” Cyber Dragon blasted and destroyed Ojama Yellow. “That'll do.” She said.
“Miss, please don't lose my card, I love my card.” The girl pleaded.
“I won't lose it.” Tails said, though no confidence in her voice, almost like she really didn't care.
J.D Drew. “One monster face down and one card face down.” He said. “And that'll do.”
Tails drew. “I use Mystical Space Typhoon on your face down.” She said.
“God fucking damn it!” J.D Cursed. “Stop doing that!”
“Shut up. Don't play if you're going to get so riled up...” Tails spat back. “My turn is over.”
J.D Drew. “I pass.”
Tails drew. “I get my Proto Cyber now.” She said. “And I'll summon it.” (1100/600)
“Big deal, it's crap...” J.D spoke.
“Better than the monsters you've brought out, but I'm not done, I use Fusion Gate's effect and tribute my Cyber Dragon and Proto-Cyber to bring out one of my favourite monsters, Cyber Twin Dragon!” And with the fusion taken place, Cyber Twin Dragon rose. (2800/2100) “Now, I attack the two face downs on the right.” Tails said. Cyber twin Dragon then destroyed both the face down Ojama Green and Black. “And end my turn.”
J.D drew. “I activate Messenger of Peace!” He grinned. “And end my turn.”
Tails drew. “This is boring. I summon Cyber Phoenix and attack the face down card you have.” Cyber Phoenix rose and fired a shot, destroying Ojama Green. (1200/1600) “And I end my turn.”
J.D drew. <5800> “I'm afraid this duel is over missy!” He grinned. “I pay 2000 life points and activate Final Countdown!” He said. “This means after 20 turns, including this one, I will win the duel!!!” He then laughed manically. “So, let's begin the countdown, I end.” <1 Turn>
 
“This is bad...Tails can't attack anymore and those monsters won't be destroyed if she does.”
 
“I pass.” Tails said. <2 turns>
“That's 2 turns...you're so lost...” J.D laughed as he drew. <3700> “One monster face down and end...” He said. <3 turns>
Tails drew, then looked at the little girl. “I'm sorry, I don't think I can save your card.” She said. The little girl had tears well up in her eyes.
“Please...” She asked.
“I pass.” Tails said. <4 turns>
“This is so cool...A whole new deck, plus a really rare card.” <3600> “End.” <5 Turns.>
Tails drew. “It's time this ended...” She said. “I will win this duel...” I hope... “I summon Blowback Dragon by tributing my Cyber Phoenix!” Tails new monster appeared on the field. <2300/1200> “Now, I'll use his effect and flip three coins. Here's how it works, I pick one of your cards, if I get it correctly and 2 of 3 coins are heads, that card goes to your graveyard!” Tails said. She took the coins and flipped them all at once. “I choose the Messenger of Peace!” She said. The coins landed, all on heads.
“Damn it!” J.D cursed. “Not that it matters, my monsters can't be destroyed by battle.”
“Maybe not, but you'll see.” Tails said. “Blowback, Destroy his face down.” The Blowback dragon destroyed Ojama Yellow. “and end.” <6 turns>
“Pass.” J.D said after drawing. <7 turns>
Tails drew. “I summon another Proto-Cyber Dragon and use Blowbacks effect on that Marshmallon!” Tails flicked her coins, again all on heads.
“Damn you!” J.D roared. “You won't win!” He yelled.
“I end.” Tails said. <8 turns>
“I activate Card Trader!” J.D said after drawing. “and end.” <9 turns>
“If I get this, you realise you lose, don't you?” Tails asked. Blowback Dragon! Blow back the Spirit Reaper!” The coins flipped again and yet again all heads.
“Nooooooooooooooo!” J.D roared aloud.
“I was going to be nice here and let you go without severely maiming you! However, I decided I wasn't going to be nice as I am in a very foul mood, so I activate Power Bond! With this I can fusion summon a monster from my deck. I tribute my Proto-Cyber Dragon, my Cyber Twin Dragon and my Blowback dragon from my field and my Cyber Barrier Dragon and Cyber Laser Dragon from my hands to create...” The Monsters began to merge into the ultimate of Tails monsters. “Chimeratech Overdragon!” (?/?) “Sure, it gets rid of every other card on my field, but it's well worth it, with 5 monsters as tribute, that makes my total attack 4000, however, Power Bond Doubles the attack, so you're way out of your league!” Tails narrowed her eyes.
“Nooo! This is not possible! My strategy has never failed before!!” J.D roared out!
“Chimeratech...end him now.” Tails said. And with that, the powerful Chimeratech Overdragon Powered up and struck J.D down and ended the duel. <0>
 
J.D was on his hands and knees.
“Why...How...How could I lose?” he asked himself. Tails walked over and lifted J.D by his collar.
“Where's her card?” She asked nastily.
“I never took it, she wouldn't hand it over.” J.D replied.
“He took my card though.” Said someone from the crowd.
“Yeah, me too.” Another added. Tails dropped J.D and removed his deck from his duel disk.
“Hey, bitch, what do you think you're doing?!” He roared at her. Tails began to flick through his cards.
“This is all you have in your deck?” She asked. “2 Rescue cats, a Marshmallon, Spirit Reaper and Ojama Gallor?” Tails questioned. “Seeing as you like to take peoples cards, I'm going to treat you the same.”
“What? What do you mean?” J.D stood up angrily.
“I like those final countdowns, hope you don't mind...then again I don't care if you do.” Tails took the 3 cards and toss the deck aside. J.D scattered to gather the cards as Tails walked off. J.D recollected his cards and stood, he was surrounded by the crowd who proceeded to beat him into snot until he returned all the cards he took. The little girl ran over to Tails.
“S'cuse me...” She uttered. Tails stopped and looked at her. “Thank you for helping me.”
“It's fine...” Tails then walked out of the place. Marine and Cream had lost sight of her, having been distracted by the pummling J.D was getting.
“Oh shoot...” Marine said. “That Tails `as taken off.”
“Oh? Let's go find her.” Cream said, and the two ran out of the hall.
 
At the Shadow Clan lair, Shadow and Hiei were stood in a black arena. Shadow fell to his knees.
“But...but how...?” He asked. “How are you so strong?!” Hiei did not reply. “You defeated me in the 4th turn...I was helpless...not to mention it was flawless...”
“I tend to do that.” Hiei replied.
“I'm such a bad duellist...” Shadow sighed in defeat and stood up.
“Which is why you came here, is it not?” Hiei asked.
“It is...” Shadow looked toward Hiei. “I want to be the best duellist I can be...to defeat anyone who dares challenge me.” Hiei grinned.
“Then you shall be.”
 
Cream and Marine had separated to better increase their search. Cream wondered into the park, but found no signs of Tails.
“Where has she gone...” Cream asked herself. “Surely she couldn't have gotten too far...”
“Who're you looking for?” Asked a voice from behind Cream.
“I'm looking for my friend Tails.” Cream said, turning around to see who the voice belonged to. “Who're you.”
“You should know me already.” Then Cream knew.
“Wait a sec? Hermana or Petal?” Cream asked.
“I can tell you now that I am not Hermana. You think she's good enough to escape the Shadow Clan's imprisonment?” Petal asked.
“You better let her go right now.” Cream narrowed her brows angrily.
“I'll make you a deal, If you lose this duel...” Petal said as she activated her duel disk. “Then I won't put you in the same place she is.”
“And if I win, then you let her go!” Cream said as she activated her own, foolishly.
“Uh huh...” Petal yawned, slotting her deck in the black duel disk with pale pink rims and flicking a coin in the air and exploded into some strange light patterns. Cream slotted her deck, ignoring it and Petal held her hand out in a ball.
“Huh?” Cream questioned.
 
“Rock, Paper, Scissors.” Petal said. Cream was confused but did it anyway. The two did the first stages, then opened their hands in scissors. Draw. The repeated and this time it was Rock and Paper. Petal had won. She drew 6 cards as Cream drew 5. The duel began. “I summon Bountifu Artemis.” Petal began. Her angel appeared on the field. (1600/1700) “And set one card down and activate Precious Cards from beyond and Necklace of Command, which I give to my Bountiful Artemis and end my turn.”
Cream drew. “I set one card down and activate the Sancuary in the Sky, then I summon Shining Angel.” Cream said, summoning her own monster. (1400/800) “Then I use Mystical Space Typhoon on that face down of yours.” The Face down was destroyed. “And set another card and I'm done.” Cream finished.
Petal drew her card. “This is going to be a long fight with the Sanctuary up.” She said. “I summon Zolga.” (1700/1200) “And use my second Necklace of Command and equip it to my Bountiful Artemis, then I use Zolga to attack your Shining Angel.” Petal declared her attack and Zolga shot forward.
“Well, I'll use my Draining Shield.” Cream said. Petal shrugged. “Thanks for the points.” <9700>
“Uh huh. Well, your fairy still dies. Artemis!” Then the fight started and the Shining Angel was destroyed.
“Thanks to his effect, I get to special summon a Light monster with 1500 attack or less from my deck.” Cream said as she put her cards in her mouth and went though her deck. “I'll summon The Agent of Force - Mars.” (0/0) “And her effect says that if I have more life than you do, the difference comes into her attack and defence. (1700/1700)
“I end my turn.” Petal said.
Cream drew. “I summon my second Shining Angel to the field.” Cream summoned again. (1400/800). “And use Premature Burial to bring back my other Shining Angel.” (1400/800) “And end my turn.” <8900>
“That was a stupid move, you lost life points, so your monsters attack lowers.” Petal mocked. (900/900) She then drew. “I set one monster and one card, then attack your shining Angel with Zolga.” Zolga destroyed Shining Angel.
“I get to use his effect again and summon Winged Kuriboh from my deck.” Cream said as Winged Kuriboh came to the field. (300/200)
“So what. I attack Mars with bountiful Artemis.” And Mars was destroyed. “And end my turn.”
Cream drew. “I summon another Winged Kuriboh (300/200) and attack your face down with Shining Angel.” Shining Angel attacked the face down, then Marshmallon appeared. (300/500)
“Oh, shame you had to attack him. Not only does he not get destroyed by battle, but you lose 1000 life for attacking him.” Petal explained.
“That's not funny...” Cream replied, a little sad. <7900> “I end my turn.”
Petal drew her card. “I attack Shining Angel with bountiful Artemis.” Shining Angel was destroyed again.
“and I use his effect to special summon another light monster.” Cream searched her deck and was surprised when she found no cards but the last one as ones able to be summoned. “Not good, oh well, I special summon my Shining Angel.” (1400/800)
“Boring...” Petal replied. “I'll just destroy it again.” And she did, using Zolga. When Cream didn't activate it's effect, Petal smiled. “Out of light monsters with 1500 or less attack, huh?” She asked.
“Unfortunately, yes.” Cream replied.
“Well, I'll end my turn now.”
Cream drew her card. “I set this down and end my turn.” She said.
“Before you do, I activate Synthetic Seraphim.” Then Petal Drew. “I summon Airknight Parshath, tributing Marshmallon.” I then use my Zolga and Bountiful Artemis to destroy the winged Kuriboh you have.” And like that the Kuriboh were gone. “I'll end my turn.”
Cream Drew. “I summon winged Kuriboh again.” She said. (300/200) “and end.”
Petal drew. “I summon Banisher of the Radiance.” She summoned her monster. (1600/0) “and attack your winged Kuriboh with Bountiful Artemis.” The winged Kuriboh was destroyed. “Now I attack you directly with Zolga.” Zolga then charged in and attacked Cream, who in reply curled over and screamed loudly.
“Ahhhh! That really hurt!” She screamed. <6200>
“Oh, forgot to mention, we're in the Duel of Nyte, think of it as a Shadow Game, the monsters are real.” Petal explained. Cream stood up, tear falling from her eyes.
“That hurt.” She moaned.
“I attack with Banisher of the Radiance.” Cream was knocked down again and replied with more crying and screaming. <4600> “And then Airknight Parshath.” Cream was getting up, just to be knocked back down and from that she couldn't move, she just lied there and cried loudly in pain. <2700> “Your next turn is your last. I end my turn.” Petal said. Cream rolled over on her front and slowly got up.
“I don't want to play this anymore...it hurts so much...” She cried. She drew her card. “I use Lightning vortex, but removing the card in my hand.” Petal narrowed her eyes.
“Delays, delays. Your hand is empty, so end your turn.” Petal said. Cream nodded. Petal drew. “Lucky you...I set one card and end.”
Cream drew. “Me too.” She said.
Petal drew her card. “Pass.”
Cream drew. “Pass...” She said.
Petal drew. This is becoming annoying. “Set one card and end.”
Cream drew. “I summon Injection Fairy Lily and...”
“I use Solemn Judgement.” <4000> So Lily was destroyed as she arrived. “Thanks to my counter trap, I can special summon a Synthetic Seraphim Token.” (300/300)
“My turn is over.” Cream said sadly.
Petal drew. “I tribute the token for Majestic Mech - Goryu!” Petal's angel appeared, highlighting the park. “Good bye, Cream. Attack!” With the final attack, Cream was struck. <0> Cream stood up and looked sadly.
“I failed.” She said. “I wanted to help Hermana and I could eve...even...ev...” Cream seemed to choke up and then suddenly the ritual patterns began to spin around and Cream's pupils closed, followed by her eyes as she slumped to the ground, lifeless. Petal had lifted her hood up and already left, holding the coin from before.
 
“So it begins.” She said.