Sonic X Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic Duels: The Shadow Clan Saga! ❯ The strike of the Shadows. Part 2. ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6: The strike of the Shadows. Part 2.
 
Tails was at home again, she'd rebooted everything and was just lying in the centre of the room.
Heartless... She thought to herself.
“Sonic better not come back here if he feels like that...” Tails said, bringing herself back to tears.
 
Tails cried for another 7 minutes before finally getting up and making her way into the kitchen. She took a glass and poured herself some water, sipping it as she walked out to the main door. She looked out across the large open area, the wind blowing her fur a little. She looked across and noticed a white ocelot in a black cloak, out of shouting distance, and Knuckles, she noticed duel effects. She also saw an odd pattern which seemed to radiate the two.
“What's with that..?” She asked, returning inside. As she did, the effects died out and Knuckles fell limb, however, Tails had already returned inside the house, having not seen it.
 
The Ocelot walked over to Knuckles body and lifted it up.
“What a pathetic duel.” He said. He then warped away.
 
~@~
 
Amy was pacing in the hospital walls, holding her phone to her ear, still trying to get a hold of Vanilla, who finally answered.
“Hello, Vanilla Household, Vanilla speaking. Who is...” Before Vanilla could even finish, Amy shouted in panic down the phone.
“Vanilla, you gotta come to the hospital right now.” She stuttered.
“Huh? Amy, what's wrong?” Vanilla asked, slightly concerned.
“It's...Cream...” With that, Amy heard the phone drop. “Vanilla? Vanilla?!” Amy heard nothing, and then hung up. “Where's Rouge...?” Amy pulled her phone again and dialled another number. It answered. “Tails...” Click. “...I guess she's still mad...” Amy dialled one last number and waited. It rang for a while, but answered just before going into the answer machine. “Tikal, its Amy. Um, can you do me a fa...” Amy was cut off.
“Sorry, Amy, I'm really busy right now.” Tikal said, though she sounded a little off.
“Are you okay?” Amy asked.
“Yes, I'm fine, but I am busy, do you mind if it waits?” Tikal replied over the phone.
“But it's really important, Cream is...”
“I'm sorry Amy, I don't have time.” Click.
 
Selphie hung up and looked at Tyrone.
“Seems Petal didn't get a clean-up crew.” She said.
“You're telling me she left Cream in the park?” Tyrone asked.
“Yup.”
“Damn, that complicates things.” Tyrone looked down the hall and saw Blaze and Rufus, the Ocelot, walking down with Knuckles and Rouge over their shoulders.
“You runts make yourselves useful.” Blaze said, dropping Rouge, as Rufus dropped Knuckles.
“Store these away, would ya?” Rufus ordered.
“Yes sir.” Tyrone said, with a mocking Salute, which got him a death glare from Blaze. The two walked off and Tyrone sighed.
“Tell me again why we take their bullshit?” Selphie asked.
“It's not all bad. Come on, let's get to work.” Tyrone began dragging Knuckles frame by a quill, as Selphie struggled to get Rouge on her back.
 
~@~
 
Pegasus sat comfortably in his chair, he took the small glass of wine from his desk and swirled it as he leaned back and rested his cheek on his knuckle.
“Ah, the simple pleasures in life.” He said to himself, watching the wine as it illuminated his face, whilst swirling.
 
There was a knock at the door.
“Mr Pegasus, sir? You have a visitor.” Said a voice from the other side.
“Send them in.” Pegasus replied. `It must be that time again, hm...?' Pegasus thought to himself. Before long, a female ringtail walked in. She was dressed in a similar suit to the uniforms of the Duel Academy, only it was completely white, with the Blue eyes White Dragon decorated on it. “So, what does Kaiba-boy want now, Mikuru?” Pegasus asked, with his usual tone.
“Nothing, I am here on a report of your other 2 temple guardians.” Mikuru said, this made Pegasus drop his glass, which shattered on the floor. Pegasus narrowed his eyes, seemingly angrily as he pressed a button on the counter. Seconds later a maid came in.
“Clean this up, would you?” He ordered. “And get Croquet down here.”
 
A few minutes of silence passed and Croquet arrived in a hurry.
“Yes, master Pegasus?” He questioned.
“Ms. Mikuru mentioned the Temples of the Gods. I find it only fitting that you get to listen in.” Pegasus said as he leaned over the table, placing his hands together as his elbows rested on the counter. “Now, talk.” Croquet closed the door as Mikuru stood in the centre of the room.
“What has happened to the temples?” Croquet asked in concern.
“Nothing...you can relax.” Mikuru replied.
“Then what is this about?” Pegasus questioned.
“You remember your defeat at the hands of that Dragon Soldier, no?” Mikuru asked Croquet.
“Ah, yes. A defeat I can never let down.” Croquet replied.
“Though you prevented him from approaching Lord Pegasus, and stalled long enough to have security chase him off of the premises, you informed Master Kaiba of a strange aura that seemed to radiate around him at the time.” Mikuru began.
“Indeed, it was like a shroud of pure black energy.” Pegasus said. “Even if that boy did not get to me, I was able to watch it all with my own two eyes.”
“Naturally, neither you nor Master Kaiba knew what it was, so master Kaiba sent me to investigate this. I searched top to bottom of each and every Egyptian hieroglyph I could find, thus I was unsuccessful. Due to this, I called for assistance and seeing as the Gods are over powered and allows us 3 guardians to leave its walls to live our lives, with them buried under the grounds. I sought the help of the other two guardians. When we searched deeper into the temples and also most of Egypt's hieroglyphs, we stumbled across something, something unusual, though it matched the description you informed master Kaiba of.” Mikuru explained.
 
“We searched deeper into the ruins and slowly found more information. The aura you saw was a Duel Aura.”
 
“A duel aura?” Pegasus was now interested.
“Indeed, a duel aura. No duellist up until the Dragon Soldier has had one, not even the best duellist in the entire world, Yugi.” Mikuru confirmed.
“I see.” Pegasus was in thought. “and what of these `duelling aura's' you speak? What do they do? What purpose?”
“A duel aura, from what we translated, is someone who is born with a natural gift for duelling with a significant set of duel monster, but hasn't found that power. Also, the story read like a history. Almost like ever so many millennia, history repeats itself and those with Duel Aura's are following predecessors to simply repeat history.”
“Go on...”
“With this, that means that as you create more duel monsters from the monsters used in the days of old, more aura's will come to rise and eventually, they will repeat the history that the temple foretold.”
“I see.”
“We know many of the people that will have the auras, though they are not confirmed. The Dragon Soldier is confirmed in the story, as a rogue. One who lives by his own rules, only to be foiled, destroyed mentally over physically and takes a drastic measure for revenge.
 
Then you have the Angel Aura. We know that this is someone who will consist mainly of the fairy monsters created, a true master. The next is the Darkness Aura, the Fire Aura, Water Aura and so on so forth.” Mikuru explained.
“This is all very interesting. I might just experiment with this.” Pegasus said, rubbing his chin in thought. “What else is there.”
“3 specific ones were pointed out. They were a group of 3 whom, though their names were not mentioned, they used 3 auras. Crystal, Gladiator and Phantom.”
“Crystal...Gladiator...Phantom...hmm...how intriguing.” Croquet muttered. Pegasus went back into thought.
“Gladiator...I wonder. Kiros uses a deck that consists of Gladiator Beasts. I shall test a theory on him.” Pegasus said.
“You believe Kiros has the Aura of the Gladiator?” Mikuru asked.
“Perhaps, he has been known to never lose a duel. The only witnessed defeated was at the hands of Shadow Clan Thunder, and that was due to a hand difference, plus some effect cancelation, however, it's rare that he's ever been placed in a situation he's not been able to get himself out of.” Pegasus explained.
“There have also been reports about a young rabbit that's been running rampart in Radical City.” Mikuru said. “She wields the Crystal Beasts almost like they were connected to her, though she's yet to radiate any form of aura.”
“I see.” Pegasus said. “This is all very interesting. Is there anything else you can tell me?”
“More auras.” Mikuru said.
“Please...do tell.”
 
Silver was sat on a city bench. “I wonder...Blaze must have been telling the truth, she'd never just betray me like that, not my Blaze. Why was I so quick to judgement? Now I've probably ruined everything.” He said to himself.
“If you're going to mop around all day crying over some broad, then I guess I'll put you out of your misery!” Yelled someone with a croaky, somewhat deep voice. Silver jolted up and looked around.
“Who's there! Show your face!” He roared. Nothing. “Wait, where are all the people?” Suddenly a mouse jumped down from nowhere in front of Silver.
“Don't you know? No one comes through here this time of day, there's no point, seeing as it detours off to most of the town's main attractions, especially when this area is closed.” He said as he stood.
“Who are you?!” Silver barked.
“My name is High Max of the Shadow Clan...” Max activated a duel disk, he was dressed in the traditional shadow clan clothing. “And I am your worst nightmare.” Silver, without thinking, activated his duel disk and set his deck.
“If you want a fight, then bring it on!” he yelled.
 
Max flipped a coin which bounced on the floor twice and some purple ritual spread out underneath them both. The two drew five cards.
"Well, seeing as this'll be the last duel you ever have, I'll let you go first." Max said, smirking.
"Now there's something you're gonna regret!" retorted Silver as he drew his sixth card.
"Amuse me..." Max waved.
"I'll set one monster and 2 face-downs. You're move asshole!"
Max drew his card, lacking enthusiasm as he looked at it. "Hmm..." He pondered. "I wonder...I wonder..."
"Oh come on already!" shouted Silver impatiently.
"I'll activate Magical Mallet and place these 3 cards back into my deck, shuffle and draw another 4." Max said as he resolved his cards.
"A bad time to be having a bad hand." taunted Silver confidently. "That's gonna cost ya!"
"What do you mean? My hand was fine, I just wanted a better challenge." Max mussed. "Well, now let's play."
Max placed a card down. "One card face down and I'll summon Mystical Elf." The Mystical Blue Elf appeared and crossed her hands over her chest, her eyes closed deep in meditation. (800/2000)
"Erm.....I think you've gotten confused. Her attack is pathetic!" Silver mocked.
"Now, this you see is why you suck at being a Spellcaster." Max mocked. "I'll use my Magical Dimension from my hand. This can be used when I have a face up spellcaster on the field. I can tribute a monster on my side of the field to special summon a spellcaster from my hand and then I get to destroy a monster on your side of the field." Max said. "And I'll tribute my lovely Mystical Elf and summon Cybernetic Magician."
"Ouch......" complained Silver as his face-down monster was wiped out. The Cybernetic Magician appeared, staff held high, ready for battle. (2400/1000)
"Yes, my Mystical Elf may not have been very powerful, but thanks to my spell, she's more than played her part in this little game, hasn't she?" Max grinned.
"So you made a good move. Big deal." Silver growled.
"Cybernetic Magician, fire on him." Max ordered. The Magician charged in for the assault.
"Crap crap crap crap crap....." repeated Silver as he was sent flying back against the ritual wall. <5600>
"and I end my turn." Max said. "Now, show me that you're not as pathetic as your experience in that tournament. Show me that I'm not wasting my time on such a loser." he ordered.
 
Silver stood slowly. "Listen pal, I'm gonna kick your ass from here to Radical City." he drew. "And I'm about to do it now."
"Uh huh...Less talk, more duelling." Max yawned.
"If you insist. I'll activate my face-down card Mystical Space Typhoon, to destroy whatever little surprise you might have in store." Silver replied.
"Well, thanks. I wanted you to do that." Max said.
"W-what??!" questioned Silver confused.
"Since you just used a spell to take out my Spell Calling, its use comes into action." Max explained. "It allows me to take a quickplay spell card from my deck and set it, after showing you what it is, of course." Max took his deck and began to look through it.
"Well that's not so bad. I doubt you got anything in that deck of yours that could do anything."
"I think I'll take my second Magical Dimension and set that." Max said as he showed and set his card.
"I hate that card......." Silver grumbled.
"Why? Surely a magician of even your standard should enjoy its ability." Max mussed.
"Only if it's on my side of the field....."
"Uh huh, well, finish your turn, would ya?" Max suggested.
"I'll play Swords of Revealing Light and end my turn." said Silver dejectedly.
"So much for kicking my ass all the way to radical city." Max yawned. Max then drew. "Well, okay, as you insist. I summon Neo the Magic Swordsman." The swordsman appeared on the field and took his sword high, ready for battle. (1700/1000)
"At least I'm safe. With my swords, you can't attack, and as I have no monsters, you're little spell card you have won't work." Silver said, just a little too quickly.
"Is that so? Magical Dimension can tribute Neo, even though you have no monsters, but I have a spellcaster in my hand who wants to say hello." Max said. "So say hello, Dark Magician." The Dark Magician rose to battle in place of Neo. (2500/2100)
"Fuck....now I'm screwed...." whispered Silver as he stared up at his favourite monster as it stood ready to obliterate him.
"I now end my turn." Max said, ending the turn.
 
Silver drew. "Time to teach you a real lesson in magic I think." he said confidently. "I pay 800 lifepoints <4800> to bring back my monster, Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer (1800/700)" The strange looking monster appeared beside Silver.
"Oh please..." Max yawned.
"I'm not finished. I pay another 800 lifepoints <4000> to activate Brain Control, to take your Dark Magician and bring him under the control of someone who deserves his power. Namely, me!" Silver continued.
"You're going to take control of my monster for a single turn. This will get you nowhere." Max said.
"Wanna bet?" asked Silver as Max's Dark Magician moved to his side. "First, I think I'll take out that magical wannabe of yours with your own Dark Magician!"
Max narrows his eyes as the tiny fraction was taken from his life. <7900>
"Now, I'll send Kycoo in to do his thing." Max blocked as he was struck. <6100>
"Uh huh. Now, which monsters do you want to remove then?" Max asked, showing Silver his monsters in his graveyard.
"I think it'll be......Mystical Elf and Cybernetic Magician." Silver replied.
"Bad choices, but so be it." Max said, removing the monsters.
"Now, I will sacrifice both my Kycoo and your Dark Magician to summon the mighty Dark Magician of Chaos!!" (2800/2600)
"Interesting." Max said, looking up at the new monster.
"Bout time you did something worthwhile."
Silver decided to ignore this comment. "And because of his effect, I can bring back a spell card from my graveyard. So I think I'll pick Premature Burial and end my turn."
Max drew his card. "Pass." He said.
Silver drew. "Not so good after all, are you. Now my magician, attack!!"
Max was knocked into the ritual wall. <3300> "It'll change next turn." Max replied.
"Yeah. Sure. Your move."
Max drew his card. "Well, let's try this shall we? I set one card down and summon Toy Magician." The small toy appeared and aimed its weapon at The Dark Magician of Chaos.
"That's....erm...." Silver mused. "A little odd."
"Uh huh, make your move." Max said.
 
Silver drew. "Well, they say a magician never reveals his secrets. Maybe you should have paid attention to it. I summon my Peten the Dark Clown (800/1200)"
"What do you mean by that?" Max questioned.
"Because I'm about to win this duel by playing you at your own game." Silver replied.
"Oh?" Max was curious now.
"I activate my spell card Magical Dimension, and tribute my Peten for MY Dark Magician, and destroy your pathetic toy!!" (2500/2100)
"Oh well..." Max sighed. "I knew there was a reason I decided to chase you. If you played like this more often, perhaps people wouldn't think you're such a loser. Well, you know what they say, go out with a bang. And I intend to do so." Max said as his Toy Soldier was destroyed. <2400> "I activate my Chthonian Blast." Max said as the Dark Magician suddenly had some form of rupture and exploded, causing the two duellists to be struck in the process.
"Argh...." grunted Silver as he was hit. <1500>
After the smoke cleared, all that was left was Max's cloak and the coin he had spinning around on the floor till it came to a halt. His duel disk was on the floor as well, but he was completely gone otherwise. <0>
Silver grinned until he realised that no-one had seen the duel. "Dammit!! I kick some Shadow Clan butt and no-one sees?! Typical...." he moaned. He then heard clapping from behind him. He then heard clapping from behind him.
"Who's there?" Silver said as he turned to face who-ever it was. Hitomi stood, leaned against the wall of the building, dressed in similar attire as before she joined the Freedom fighters. Silver sighed. "Oh Hitomi, it's only you." He laughed. "You had me worried for a second there."
"Well done, Silver. Bout time you finally beat someone, and quite brilliantly, I might add." Hitomi said, in a sort of darkish tone as she walked over to Max's gear.
"Err, thanks, I guess." Silver replied, slightly confused. "Why are you here Hitomi?" he asked.
"Was looking for the flunky you just took down, nothing more, nothing less." Hitomi replied taking Max's deck and looking through it.
"Fair enough. Well, see ya!" Silver called out as he started to walk away.
"Silver...one more thing." Hitomi said, looking over to him. "Fancy a shadow game?"
 
 
 
 
To be Continued......