Sonic X Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic Duels: The Shadow Clan Saga! ❯ The Realisation ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 8: The Realisation
 
Kiros walked towards Tails' house. After spending the past couple of days looking for the Freedom Fighters, and finding no-one, he decided that he'd try one last time to find someone he could talk to about the Shadow Clan. He sighed as he approached the door. Maybe they'd found out he'd joined the Clan, if only for a little while, and wanted nothing to do with him. Anxiously he knocked on the door. A small hole in the door seemed to move and what looked like a red computer eye. "Name please?" it asked in a computer voice.
"K-Kiros."
"Kiros..." It repeated as it seemed to make noises. "Enter." The door then opened up. The house empty downstairs, computers all gone, shelves cleared, the table bare. The only few things left was one sofa and the television, most of the other stuff were basic household items. Kiros looked around.
"Shit, what happened here?" he wondered. "HEY, ANYONE HERE?!" he called.
 
Tails walked down the stairs with a few bags over her shoulder, she then noticed Kiros and stopped. "Oh, hello Kiros." She said calmly. Kiros looked up at Tails.
"Err, what happened exactly? I mean, I'm gone for a couple of days, everyone just vanishes off the face of the earth and I come back here and it's like the group never existed." He sighed.
“What group?" Tails snuffed as she walked down the stairs and dumped her bags on the floor. "If you mean our old Freedom Fighters, I'm no longer a part of it.”
"What?!!" Kiros cried. "Why'd you leave? Why'd they leave? Hell, I'm starting to wonder if I've left yet! What happened?"
"If you've left? You weren't a part of them anyway. We made that group for the tournament, and as far as I am concerned, it's over." Tails said, heading into the kitchen.
Kiros looked hurt. "Well...I guess I'll leave you to it then. Sorry for bothering you." He went to walk out the door.
Kiros..." Tails said as she stuck her head out the door. "I didn't mean it like that." she walked out.
Kiros stopped but didn't turn. "No, its okay, I understand. Who wants to hang around with someone who lives under a bridge? Just forget it."
“Oi, shut up." Tails narrowed her eyes. "I'm way to depressed myself to feel sorry for you, grow up would you?" She turned to go back into the kitchen. "Go off and sulk if you want, or grow up a little and come have some coffee, at least whilst you can come in this house, that is." Tails then had an idea. "Hm, hey Kiros. How'd you like to live here?" She asked.
He turned to look at her. "That isn't funny." he replied.
"You think I am joking?" Tails asked, looking back to him.
"I'd love to live here. Beats the bridge any day!" Kiros said as he brightened up straight away.
“Fine then." Tails pointed up, almost like she's pointing to the house itself. "I'm moving out, and I built this place with my bare hands and mine alone. All the energy is self generated through repeatable mechanisms which don't stop, there's no rent, there's no deposit. However, I'll be your landlady, since this is my house." Tails explained.
"Wait, why are you moving out?" Kiros asked. "Can you just tell me what happened?"
"I'm moving out, because I can no longer take this place or Station Square." Tails said. "Amy has attacked me and Sonic was a jerk. That's all there is to it."
Kiros leaned closer to Tails. "I guess that explains the bruises. But why? Why would Amy attack you and why is Sonic a jerk all of a sudden? You guys were like brother and sister." he said confused.
Tails placed a finger on Kiros head and gently pushed him back a little. "It's nothing, okay? Just drop it."
Kiros shrugged. "Whatever. I'm off to go grab my things." he turned to walk off.
 
"Negative...you shall not leave this building in one piece. Prepare to be duelled into submission." Said a robotic voice from the doorway. There stood the Android from the tournament. Rei.
Kiros sighed. "Buzz off bucket head."
"I am not here for amateur duellists like you. Your defeat was dealt at the hands of Blaze and so you shall not be bothered with. I am here to duel Tails the fox." the robot said emotionlessly.
"Yeah, well you ain't duelling Tails, so like I said, buzz off!" Kiros said aggressively, standing between Tails and Rei.
"Negative. You are insignificant; your deck has been defeated." Rei replied.
"So has hers." Kiros pointed out.
"What do you mean by that?" Tails narrowed her eyes.
"If Hiei were to allow Blaze to use his Duel of Nyte Coin, you would not be standing where you are now." Rei said to Kiros.
"Then duel me and get rid of me then." Kiros replied, ignoring Tails for the moment.
"Negative, you are of no worth to us anymore. You expired when you were defeated so pathetically by Blaze." Rei replied.
 
"Then again, the little brat did betray us. What I want to know is how he left the compound alive, let alone with his body." Said a dark voice from behind Rei.
"HEY! Who are you calling a brat?" shouted Kiros.
Rei turned around and saw a darkened figure in a Shadow Clan cape.
"General Jin, what are you doing here?" Rei asked.
"My duty has been carried out,
I decided to stroll and saw you coming here, and I wanted to see some Metal destroying action." Jin walked up, ignoring Kiros. However, he grabbed him by the head and threw him inside the building to get inside himself, followed by Rei.
Tails helped Kiros up. "You okay?" She asked.
Kiros shook Tails off, his face red with anger. He activated his duel disk and slotted his deck. "Son of a bitch, I'll take you here and now. Both of you!!"
"Negative. How dumb do you need to be to challenge us both when you are defeated by a lesser member of the Shadow...?” Rei was cut off.
"Okay, you little brat,
let's show you just how stupid you really are." Jin said. "Petal may see sympathy on a little twit like you, but I do not and you're going to regret you ever joined the Shadow Clan. You know what they say, don't take on what you can't handle, but little idiots like you don't learn, do they?" Jin mocked.
"What does he mean? You joined them?" Tails backed away from Kiros.
"Long story. I'll explain once I've creamed this bastard." Kiros replied.
“Creamed me? That's a laugh. Let's get this over with." Jin said.
Kiros drew his 5. "Ready when you are pal!"
"Since you're so ignorant, I'll make my move first." Jin said, drawing 6 cards. "Two cards and a monster face down, on to you, brat." Jin said, playing his turn.
 
Kiros drew his 6th. "I'll go easy on you." he mocked. "One monster face-down and end."
"And this is why our lowest member managed to beat you, you're cocky.” Jin drew.
"You're gonna be crying when I wipe the floor with you. Maybe you'll be able to learn how to duel from watching me." Kiros replied.
"Another card face down and I'll flip my Pyramid Turtle." Jin said. (1200/1400)
"And, no offence kid, but there's nothing you can teach me, I'm fare more experienced than you and if Blaze can beat you, then I don't need to worry at all." Jin laughed.
'He'll regret saying that...' Tails thought, narrowing her eyes.
"In that case, gimmie your best shot." replied Kiros calmly.
"I'll take a gamble, and attack with my Pyramid Turtle." Jin said.
Test Ape (700/300) appeared before being destroyed straight away. Kiros smiled. "Thanks. Due to his effect, I can special summon one Gladiator Beast from my deck. So say hello to Bestiari (1500/800)." The bird warrior appeared ready to fight.
"How pathetic..." Jin shrugged. "In that case, I'll end here."
 
Kiros drew. "Let's make things interesting. I play the spell card Coliseum - Cage of the Gladiator Beasts, and special summon my Test Tiger (600/300)." The tiger appeared, trapped in a cage as the arena also appeared surrounding both of the duellists.
"I know all about your damn field spell." Jin said
"Really? Oh that's a shame, really." said Kiros mockingly as a bright gold ring appeared behind him.
'With his field in play, Kiros has nothing to worry about now.' Tails thought to herself.
Kiros shook his head at Rei. "Just have to be the centre of attention, don't you. Anyway, I'll tribute my Test Tiger to return Bestiari to my deck and special summon Gladiator Beast Secutor (400/300) in defence. Your move." Another ring lit up behind him.
Jin drew his card. "I'll switch my turtle into defence and end my turn." Jin said. "I know where your friend Tikal is." Jin suddenly said.
"Who?" Kiros asked as he drew. "Name doesn't ring a bell....."
"Tikal? Shouldn't she be on Angel Island with Knuckles?" Tails questioned.
"No, actually, she's been with me the past day or two." Jin narrowed his eyes with a grin.
"What have you done with her?!" Tails barked angrily.
"Not much, I told her something she didn't want to hear and she followed me to my place." Jin said.
"I guess she has a crap taste in men then..." muttered Kiros as he looked at his hand.
"Maybe she does, but the head is great." Jin laughed. "Now make your move."
Tails narrowed her eyes. "No offence, but I doubt Tikal would give anyone head..."
"I'll switch my Secutor to attack mode and set 3 face-downs. Your move. Make it count."
Jin drew his card. "I and Tikal have done everything from head to a near pregnancy accident." Jin laughed as he made his jokes. "I'll use Giant Trunade, do you mind picking your cards up, please?"
Kiros shrugged and picked up the 3 cards he'd just played.
Tails gripped her head and shook it. "I'm too young to need to know this images, Tikal wouldn't sleep with you if you were don king..."
"Just ignore him Tails. He's messing about with your head." Kiros said as he glared at Jin.
Jin picked up his spell and traps, then placed them all back down, with an extra one. "That's what you think." Kiros only noticed it for a moment, but he could have sworn he saw Rei shudder. "I end my turn."
 
Kiros drew. "I attack your pyramid turtle with my Secutor (600 atk)”
"Your loss of Life, I guess." Jin shrugged. (1400 def)
"Maybe so" replied Kiros as his lifepoints fell <7200> "But it lets me do this." he grinned as two beasts no-one had seen before rose up, 2 horse like creatures, with armor and wielding whips.
Tails raised a brow. "Never seen them before..." She said.
 
"Say hello to my new friends, Gladiator Beast's Darius (1700/300). Not only are they powerful on their own, but when they are special summoned, they allow me to special summon another Gladiator Beast. Okay, their effects are negated, but when you have these 2 to play with...." Kiros trailed off as he selected his 2 Gladiator Beast Octavius' (2500/1200) "I can't attack yet, so I'll set 3 face-downs and end."
"I'm bored now, I think it's about time I end this pathetic duel." Jin said, drawing his card.
"Says you. You'll have to get passed my monsters first." replied Kiros.
"So be it. I summon Malice Ascendant!" (700/1000) "Now I'll use the Spell card Double Summon."
"Wow...I'm scared...” said Kiros rather unenthusiastically.
"With double summon, I can normal summon or set a monster this turn, so I'll tribute my Ascendant and my Turtle to bring out your worst nightmare. DESPAIR FROM THE DARK!" With that, the great large zombie appeared behind Jin and then took his field, grinning madly at all the snacks on Kiros side of the field. (2800/3000)
Kiros cleared his throat. "Trap Hole takes care of him...." he said as he activated his trap.
Jin held his head and sarcastically spoke. "Oh, my, whatever shall I do now?"
"If you're going to cry, at least let me go and get a tissue. Don't want you to make a mess all over the floor." Kiros replied dryly.
"No matter, I'll use my face down Book of Life, the irony of my deck. It lets me special summon a zombie monster from my graveyard and remove one of yours from your graveyard." Jin said, as his Despair returned.
"Crap....." Kiros muttered as Jin's monster returned.
"What monsters were in your graveyard again? Oh, I remember, what about that test ape, remove it." Jin said.
Kiros stuck his monster in his pocket. "Not really that big a deal...."
"Okay, I'll use him to take out one of your horse-things. Darius." Jin said, Despair charged in for the assault.
Kiros shielded himself as his monster was destroyed <6300>. As Darius was destroyed, one of the Octavius' was also destroyed, though Kiros took no life damage.
"Hm, two monsters with one stone. Not too shabby." Jin grinned. "This'll do for now." He smirked.
 
Tails looked worried. 'Kiros is in trouble...' She thought.
'Dammit....' Kiros thought. 'I didn't think he'd be able to get Darius' weakness so quickly.'
"Alert! Lord Hiei is calling, retreat, retreat." Rei turned around and walked out, then took off.
"Who needs that bucket of bolts, anyway?" Jin spat.
"You will, to carry your sorry ass outta here!" said Kiros angrily as he drew his card. "And here's why. I equip my Gladiator Beast Octavius with Gladiator Beast's Battle Gladius, giving him an extra 300 points of attack, making him a match for your Despair!"
"Oh crap." Jin said, though something wasn't right about how he said it.
"Now Octavius, attack!!!"
"I activate Sakuretsu Armor." Jin said, triggering his trap.
"I counter with Parry!" Kiros replied, returning Gladiator Beast Murmillo from his hand to his deck. Jin shrugged as his monster was wiped out. "Although I lose my Octavius, it leaves you open to attack. So Darius, Secutor, attack!!" The monsters jumped in for a combined attack of 2100 points. Jin managed to take the blows head on without moving an inch, though normally it would have knocked a person over. <5900> "I'll return Darius to my deck to summon Gladiator Beast Dimacari (1600/1200) and I'll use Secutor's effect to summon another Dimacari and Gladiator Beast Hoplomus, in defence mode (700/2400). Your move."
"Well, lookie here, I activate my second Book of Life." Jin said.
"Oh....oh no....whatever shall I do now?" Kiros said sarcastically.
"I'll return my Despair to the field and as revenge for his death; I'll remove the monster you used to destroy him." The Despair returned.
"Octavius? Yeah okay then." Kiros replied as he added another monster to his pocket.
"Despair, go kill some more." Jin ordered. "Eat the little toad." Jin said, pointing at Secutor. Despair dived in for his lunch.
"It's about damned time." Kiros said confidently. "I activate Defensive Tactics, which stops my monsters being destroyed and reduces all damage I take this round to 0!!" Kiros called out as Despair was about to strike his monster. "Damn, I thought you'd NEVER fall for that one." Despair attacked, then returned.
"You delayed the inevitable, I end my turn." Jin said.
Tails was now confused. "Um, Kiros..." she began.
"No, I think I won. See, although my trap prevented any damage, the attack still went through. Which means I can summon this little guy...." Gladiator Beast Murmillo appeared on the field (800/400) "And he has a cool effect. He gets to destroy one of your monsters!" Kiros pointed at Despair. "Say goodbye again!!"
 
"I know you don't like backseat duelling and stuff, but I was wondering...why you haven't reused your field card?" Tails said, in a soft and almost worried way, not wanting Kiros to snap at her.
 
Jin laughed. "I don't think so." He said. "I use my second trap card. Divine Wrath."
Kiros sighed. "Cack...."
"I'll just remove this card and negate the activation of an effect monster and destroy it. Sorry, Despair stays, but your monster doesn't."
Kiros turned to Tails. "I didn't need it. I used it to try and distract him..." he said sadly as Murmillo was squashed.
"You've won nothing yet, brat." Jin cackled madly.
"Sticks and stones..." Kiros replied calmly as he drew. "But cards will always hurt you. Like this one for instance. Ekibyo Drakmord." he said as the spell wrapped Despair in a dark vice. "This one's interesting. See, while it's in play, your monster cannot attack or change battle positions. So, I'll switch my Secutor to defence and end my turn."
"Big deal." Jin drew his card. "Pass." He said. <EDM x1>
Kiros drew. "I'll set one card and end."
Jin drew. "I'll use Mystical Space Typhoon to free my monster." He said as wind gathered around the Ekibyo Drakmord.
"Wanna bet?" replied Kiros as he revealed his trap. "Spell Shield type 8. By discarding a spell, yours goes bye-bye." he waved sarcastically just to prove his point.
"Oh well, no matter." Jin said. "That ends my turn. See ya later, Dark." He said. Despair from the Dark looked at Jin oddly and then exploded.
Kiros chuckled as he drew. "I guess he didn't know that after 2 turns Ekibyo Drakmord destroys the monster. Oh well, game over for you anyway."
"Maybe, maybe not." Jin said.
"Nah, for definite. See, you're defenceless, and my Dimacari's have enough points to pretty much wipe you out. Add that to my Secutor and my Hoplomus...." Kiros finished as both the latter monsters switched to attack position.
"Well..." Jin narrowed his eyes. "Get on with it already then, I have things to do."
"Fine. I attack with both my Dimacari's, my Secutor, and my Hoplomus for a combined total of 4300!"
"That doesn't total me..." Jin said as he stood tall, taking the blasts again without moving, though he blocked his face at least. <1600>
"You're right.....maybe I counted wrong....." Kiros said as he started counting on his fingers.
"Oh, wait, no I didn't, I just forgot, my Dimacari's can attack again!" he said happily as Jin was struck again for 1600 points.
Jin still was not knocked over. <0> He shrugged. "Well, at least I see why Hiei thought you were supposedly worthy of our power."
"Meh, save ya talking. You're all a bunch of losers anyway. None of you can duel to save ya lives, so you just rely on twisting people's minds to the point where they defeat themselves. Worthy of your power? Pulease!! You guys ain't worthy of mine!!" Kiros said hotly, obviously not happy to be compared to one of the Shadow Clan.
"Yeah, maybe you're right, however..." Jin grinned. "You were still floored quite embarrassingly in front of so many people, wonder if they'd say the same. Whatever, kid. Later." And Jin, cape and all, fled out the door and jumped into some dark vortex which consumed him and he was gone.
 
Kiros clenched his fists in anger before throwing his deck against the wall. "Bastards......" he seethed.
Tails jumped a little, and then walked over to the cards, beginning to pick them up. "Kiros, there's an can of soda in the fridge in the ice box, go get it and have a nice cold drink and calm down." she said.
Kiros nodded and went to the kitchen and got the can of soda. He settled himself on the sofa and sighed deeply.
 
Tails had picked up all the cards and shuffled through them for damages. "I don't care how angry at people you get, but don't mistreat your monsters, you're lucky your cards seem to be unscathed. Your monsters won't appreciate you taking your anger out on them." She said, placing his deck on the empty table.
He smiled up at her. "Yeah, you're right. Sorry Tails." he picked up his deck. "And I'm sorry guys....." he said quietly. The spirits of some of Kiros monsters appeared around the room.
"Kiros, you gotta listen to us." Secutor said.
Octavius walked over to him. "Yes, we as your servants and your friends are always here to support you in your times of need, that's why we have helped you since you first claimed us. However, recently you've become violent and nasty. Some of us are beginning to question if we were right in helping you. We know you've been though hard times, but you can't expect to keep on top of everything. Getting angry over one defeat is pointless, you should relax and when it comes to it, fight and defeat the one responsible." He explained.
Kiros nodded. "You're right Octavius. Blaze is the one I should be mad at, not myself or you guys. Think you can forgive me?"
Kiros felt a hand on his shoulder. Looking up, he saw Gaiodiaz looking down at him. "We're your friends. That's what we're for. Just remember that winning isn't everything, and you can learn more from defeat than you can in victory."
Murmillo gasped and pointed at the door. "Someone's at the door!" He yelled, Tails turned her head to look, as did all the Gladiator Beasts.
 
Kiros stood, ready to activate his duel disk and fight.
There was a small person in an oversized white robe and hood, who jumped in fright, making a cute little gasp, which cleared to them it was female. She quickly ran away, the sound of rattling chains as she departed.
"I'll go after her, she might know where the others are!!" Kiros yelled as he grabbed his deck. Tails and Kiros ran out the door, to see this person leap over the side of the cliff.
Kiros skidded to a halt. "Oookay, I guess I won't go after her....."
As Tails and Kiros got to the side of the cliff, they quickly leaped back as a large dragon shot past them and flew over the mountains into the forgotten forest, seemingly leaving a rainbow trail.
Kiros grinned as his Gladiator's stood at his side. "Looks like I'm not the only one who sees......" he whispered.
"What was that?" Tails asked, getting up. Gaiodiaz walked over.
"That looked like an ancient dragon...I've heard of it, but it doesn't come to mind..." He said.
"You mean its name?" Tails asked. Gaiodiaz nodded.
"Whoever that person was." Bestiari started. "Something tells me that she's not one of those shadow people. Probably the white, but you know..."
"I agree," said Kiros. "But not from her coat. The fact she jumped and ran, let's face it, one of the Shadow Clan wouldn't act like that."
"Let's go back inside." Tails said, walking back to the house.
 
"Aye..." said Kiros quietly. He turned and followed Tails, his creatures behind him, except Test Tiger, who was bouncing around Tails' feet happily. Another unknown creature popped its head out from the side of the building a little. Tails walked inside the house, not seeing it. Test Tiger stopped and looked at the new creature. He stood there and purred as Kiros caught up with him. "What's got you so happy?" he wondered, following his creatures gaze. "Oh, I see. Hey there." he said, smiling at the creature as he bent down. The creature had a card in its mouth, though seemed to cower at the Test Tiger and Kiros and backed off a little.
Gaiodiaz looked over. "Hmm, Ruby Carbuncle? Wonder who you belong too..." He said, walking over
 
"You know this guy Gaiodiaz?" asked Kiros.
"Her name is Crystal Beast Ruby Carbuncle. She belongs to the Crystal Beast family." He said.
"Crystal Beasts.......I've never heard of them." Kiros scratched his head. "You reckon that girl in white has them?"
"Who knows...Looks like Ruby is trying to give you something, though." It was true; the Carbuncle seemed to be trying to pass Kiros the card. Kiros looked down and smiled at Ruby, holding out his hand for her. Ruby placed the card in his hand and dashed a few metres away.
"Hey, this ain't a bad card!" Kiros said happily. "Gladiator Beast's Respite...could come in handy. Thank Ruby."
A large pink cat came out from behind the corner of the building also. "Our mistress wanted to give that to you, but you startled her and so Ruby thought she'd do if for her." she spoke.
Ruby began getting excited and jumped around in circles until it caught its tail. "Chu...” it said, rolling on her back, clutching the orb-like tail.
Kiros grinned. "Well, thank your mistress for me, and tell her that I'm sorry I startled her, I'd just had a run in with some nasty people, I thought they'd come back."
"Free her..." the cat said, before taking Ruby by the cuff of its neck in her mouth and leaping over the side of the mountain down the stairs.
"Odd one..." Secutor said.
"Anyway, let's return." Gaiodiaz said as the spirits then seemed to leap back into the deck.
Kiros just stood there for a second. "Free her......." he said quietly, then ran back into the house.
 
Tails looked at him as he entered. "What took you so long?" she asked.
"Oh, nothing. Just looking at the scenery." he replied.
"Well, I've phoned all our friends...well, as many as they would answer, they're coming over now." Tails replied.
"I'm assuming allot didn't answer?" Kiros asked, an odd tone in his voice.
"Sonic, the Chaotix and Marine answered..." Tails said sadly.
"Looks like the Shadow Clan took the rest out already......"
"Not good..." Kiros said sadly.
“Whoever these Shadow Clan people are, they sure know how to clean house." Tails said, sitting on the chair.
"We don't stand a chance, we have me, you and Sonic as our main duellists, but the Chaotix couldn't duel their way out of a paper bag, and Marines skill is questionable."
"Then we ditch the Chaotix, you make up with Sonic, even if it's just to take out the Clan, and we take Marine along to see if she is any good." Kiros replied.
"We have no idea how many of these duellist there are, we need all the fighters we have, sorry Kiros but as good as you are there's no way we can take them with 3 duellists alone. Especially seeing as they seemed to have easily taken out some of our best duellists and we don't even know about it." Tails replied
"I can give you a rough estimate...like Jin said; I was a part of them for a time..." Kiros replied quietly.
"You still need to explain that, as well..." Tails said, narrowing her brows at him, a little cross.
 
"I..." he sighed.”It was after the whole thing with Blaze. You lot had your group, and I went back to my bridge, and I thought that maybe the Clan were the people I could fit in with. I was wrong, and left...got kicked out....Hiei beat the crap outta me...."
"...Why didn't you come to us?" Tails asked, relaxing her expression and sighing. "You know we would have quite happily helped you."
"Like you said...I was never a part of your group. I didn't know for sure that you would help me...for all I knew, you might've just kicked me out back into the streets."
"Do we really cross as those that type of people?" Tails asked.
"I've been wrong before. Like I said, I thought the Clan were a decent bunch. Can't get more wrong than that." Kiros replied, trying to lighten the mood.
"I considered you smart once, kiddo." Said a familiar voice from the door. "But you know, everyone gets brain freeze now and then, besides, I knew you'd join em." Sonic rubbed Kiros head, ruffling his hair a little. "Besides, this benefits us, what did you see there?" Sonic walked to the centre of the room, Tails trying not to make eye contact with him.
"Some of the members, a little bit of the complex, and Hermana."
"There are 13 members." Said another voice. Shadow walked in with Hitomi.
“Shadow!" Tails shouted, sounding surprised, yet happy.
"14 actually, you got that new girl." Hitomi narrowed her eyes. "She's not a problem though.”
"How do you know?" asked Kiros. "And what new girl?"
"You weren't the only one who "joined" them, Kiros." Hitomi replied. "They also have a new member since I defeated Silver that first time, her name is Selphie."
"I've also challenged the head honcho head on, and he's tough...too tough." Shadow said.
"He beat me in a couple of moves." Hitomi said.
"Ditto." The Chaotix and Marine then appeared and walked in.
 
"Well, looks like we're all here." Kiros said. "We should think about taking the Clan out soon, before things get really out of hand."
"Does anyone know anyone else who might be able to come?" Sonic asked.
Kiros raised a hand. "I might....."
"Do tell." Tails said.
"I know a guy. A mole called Zewl. He's a great duellist, but...well; he won't duel unless we can convince him it's like urgent."
"How about I beat him into submission?" Shadow asked.
"That won't be necessary..." Tails sweat-dropped.
"Besides, we want him to duel with us. Do that, there's every chance he'll go join the Shadows just to piss us off." Kiros said, shaking his head at Shadow.
"Fine." Shadow crossed his arms.
"Well, you go talk to this guy then." Hitomi said.
"Will do. Don't leave without us, okay?" Kiros replied as he hurried out the door.