Sonic X Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic Duels: The Shadow Clan Saga! ❯ Things turning for the worst, for friends and foes alike. ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 23: Things turning for the worst, for friends and foes alike.
 
Petal stood atop the one building, as the tall wolf from before did the other, duel disks at the active.
“I don't know who you think you are, but you have no chance of beating anyone in the Shadow Clan, let alone me!” Petal barked.
“Hahahaha...” The wolf laughed. “My name is Noretu and I am the most powerful and formidable enemy you'll ever encounter from the Rexchus Corp.”
“Whatever you delusional idiot, bring it on.”
 
The cards were drawn and points were up. Noretu took the first draw.
“Okay, you little bitch, this is how it goes down.” Noretu started. “I'll activate Terraforming and bring Canyon to my hand, then use it.” The field around them changed to a large desolate canyon. “Now, I'll set one monster and one card and end my turn.”
Petal drew her card.
“Amateur...” She said. “This is how you play. I'll summon Dunames Dark Witch.” Her witch appeared gracefully. (1800/1050) “And Equip her with my Horn of the Unicorn, increasing her attack and defence by 700 points.” Dunames grew a unicorn horn on her forehead. (2500/1750) “Now I'll equip her with my Cestus of Dagla, increasing her attack by another 500 points. (3000 ATK) “Now I'll attack your face down with her.” She dives in for the attack and wipes out the face down Sand Moth. (1000/2000) “And end.”
 
Noretu drew. “Another face down monster and end.”
Petal drew. “You suck at this, you know. I summon Agido (1500/1300) and attack your face down with Dunames.” Dunames flattened yet another Sand Moth. “Now, direct attack Agido!” Petal ordered. Noretu took the hit. <6500> “Try harder, you're not the best if this is all you have.” Petal mocked. “End.”
Noretu drew. “One card down and over.”
Petal drew. “Already I have you on the run...” She said. “I summon Hysteric Fairy. (1800/500) And attack you with Dunames.”
“Not so fast, I'll use Macro Cosmos and summon Helios - The Primordial Sun in defence.”
“No matter, it's destroyed anyway.” Petal said. “Attack Hysteric Fairy!” Noretu took another blow. <4700> “And Agido.” Again he was hit. <3200> “One more move and I win. So make it count.”
 
Noretu drew. “Another card face down and I'll end.”
“How pathetic.” Petal said. “This is over.” She drew. “I summon the Agent of Force - Mars to the field, just to mock you.” Her fairy appeared (0/0) “Now, attack Dunames!” Noretu was pulled to the floor by the power of the wave. <200>
“Damn it, bad hand.”
“Whatever it was, you suck.” Petal said. “Bye bye...Agido...go.” And Petal walked off as the final blow was struck. <0>
 
“Wait!” Noretu called out. “Now that the warm up is over, how about round 2?” He asked, smirking. Petal turned around. “You want me to kick your ass again? Fine!” The shuffled up and redrew.
 
Petal took 6 cards this time.
“I activate the Sanctuary in the sky.” The field then morphed to a large white ancient sanctuary surrounded by white fluffy clouds. The two were stood at the bottom of the stairs to the temple. “One card and I'll end.”
Noretu drew. “Three cards down and one monster face down.”
“Miss a free shot, I don't care.” Petal drew. “I'll summon Zolga.” Zolga appeared on the field. (1700/1200) “Now I'll end.”
“I'll activate Macro Cosmos again, naturally I'll special summon my Helios in defence.” He drew. “I'll activate Yellow Luster Shield.”
“Pass, I'll trigger my Magic Jammer by removing this card from my hand.! Petal said as the magic was negated and removed from play. “I'll assume your traps making them removed from play?”
“Yes, indeed.” He replied. “Setting one more monster and end.”
Petal drew. “I'll set one card and destroy Helios.” Petal said, as Zolga blew up Helios. “End.”
 
 
Noretu drew. “One card face down and another monster face down and end.”
“Bah...wuss...” Petal said as she drew. “I summon the Banisher of Radiance. (1600/0) And end.”
Noretu drew. “Time to make some pain.” He said. “I'll flip my 3 monsters, Sand Moth (1000/2000), Stone Statue of the Aztecs (300/2000) and Lost Guardian. (100/?)”
“What's the point in that, they were better off in defence.”
“True, but I got this. I activate Shield and Sword, switching all monsters attacks with their defence. “Good for me, not for you. Attack The Banisher with Sand Moth!”
 
Petal smirked. “I use Enchanted Javalin.” <10000>
“No matter, you lost the monster.”
“So...”
“Attack with Stone Statue!” Zolga was destroyed by the statue. Petal yawned. “Why didn't you lose life?!”
“Sanctuary protects my lifepoints when battle involves with my Fairies.” Petal said.
“Damn, end.” Noretu ended.
“Pass.” Petal said, after drawing.
 
Noretu drew. “One monster face down and monsters in defence and end.”
“I find it odd you'd pass up a chance to attack me when I am clearly wide open.” Petal said, drawing her card. “Pass again.”
Noretu gritted his sharp teeth. “Another monster face down and end.” He said.
Petal drew. “Moron...face down and end.”
Noretu drew. “Pass.” He said.
Petal drew. “Another face down and end.” She said.
“Are you mocking me?!”
“Yes.”
Noretu drew. “I won't buy it...pass.”
 
Petal drew. “Suit yourself, let's welcome back Dunames. (1800/1050) and re-equiping the horn of the unicorn and Cestus of Dagla. (3000/1750)”
“Not again.”
“The hurt begins...” Petal laughed. “Attack anything you want Dunames.” So Dunames attacked the far right facedown, which was another Stone Statue of the Aztecs, which was destroyed. “And end.”
Noretu drew. “Another face down monster.” He said. “End.”
Petal drew. “You're not good at this, are you? Here, I'll help you, I'll use Cost Down, discarding this card here from play. Now I'll tribute my Dunames for Guardian Angel Joan.” The wonderful Guardian Angel Joan appeared on the field. (2800/2000) “Now attack the Sand Moth.” Joan destroys the monster. “End.”
Noretu drew. “I'll use Yellow Luster Shield.”
“Go ahead...” Petal yawned.
“Now I'll activate Continous Destruction Punch and end.”
 
Petal drew. “I'll summon Bountiful Artemis. (1600/1700) And attack the Statue with Joan.” Joan crumbled another of Noretu's statues. “End.”
“I'll activate Canyon!”
“I'll trigger Magic jammer giving up the card in my hand, and thanks to my Artemis, I can draw a card now.”
“Damn it!” Noretu cursed. “End.”
Petal drew. “I'll summon Layard the Liberator and attack the Lost Guardian with Joan.” Joan shatters another of Noretu's monsters. “End.”
Noretu drew. “Pass.”
“Okay, re-evaluate your deck, you're pathetic...how did you make it into Rexchus with a shit deck like this?”
“Shut the fuck up!” Noretu barked.
“You shut the fuck up, Joan! Teach him some manners!” Joan attacked the left face down, however, it turned out to be another Lost Guardian and Joan was destroyed. “What?!”
“My guardian has been say here gathering his strength and now that he has 3100 defence, Joan goes bye-bye thanks to Continous Destruction Punch.” Noretu laughed.
“Bout time you did something, I'll end.”
 
Noretu drew. “I'll flip my Fossil Tusker, the one you could have destroyed but didn't. (1800/0) Now it's time to bring on the hurt, attack the Layard!”
“I'll use my Solar Ray, this deals you damage equal to the total face up light monsters I have times 600.” Noretu was hit by the light. <6800>
“Now I'll end.” He grunted.
Petal drew. “I'll summon Injection Fairy Lily, and attack your Fossil Tusker...”
“I'll use my Staunch Defender and choose my Lost Guardian.”
“Fine, so I'll attack that one then.”
“But why?!”
“Don't know fairy lily, huh? I'll give 2000 life to give her 3000 attack.” <8000> Lily's needle then pumped up and grew as she injected it into the guardian, which combusted. “End.”
 
“Bitch...” Noretu drew. “I'll summon another Fossil Tusker.” He said, as his monster appeared. “One will attack your Artmis.” Which was destroyed. “The other will attack Lily...”
“Did I forget to mention her ability works on both our turns?” <6000> The plan backfired and Tusker was destroyed, as well as some life. <5200>
“Fuck off!”
“Bah...”
“I end with one face down.”
 
Petal drew. “Well, Lets go lily.” Petal said. <4000> Lily destroyed the Tusker. <3600>
“Damn.”
“End.”
Noretu drew. “Set one monster and end.”
Petal drew. “Pass.”
“Not this again.” Noretu drew. “Time to finish this. I summon Helios Duo Megistus!” (0/0) “Thanks to it's effect it's effect, it gets attack and defence equal to the monsters removed from play times 200, that's a lot at this point.” (3200/3500) “Attack!”
“You don't learn.” Petal said. <2000> Lily destroyed the Megistus. <3400>
“End.”
 
Petal drew. “Let's end this, I activate Dian Keto the Cure Master.” Petal glowed with life energy <3000> “And lily will attack you directly and thanks to her ability, I lose 2000 life and you lose the match.” <1000> And with one final stick of the needle, Noretu lost again. <0> “Like I said. Re-evaluate the deck you use.” With that, she walked off.
 
As she walked her disk spoke up. “You have earned 14,320 points for the duels you just participated; your total points are 229,620, S Rank.”
“Good.” Petal replied.
 
~@~
 
As Mitsuko, Kiros and Zewl ran with injured Kirika, they stopped to notice Hiei again.
“Oh, that's it!” Mitsuko said, angrily. “I'm going to take care of him once and for all!”
“No! Let me do it!” Kiros barked.
“You boys are going to calm down right now and we're going to help this girl.” Zewl barked at them both.
“You know what?” Hiei said from his position. “I'm pretty sick and tired of you two as well, if you want to duel me so badly then both of you come at me at once.”
“Hah, your cockiness will be your downfall.” Mitsuko grinned, ignoring Zewl and carefully placing Kirika down.
“Kerin, go and use your talent to make sure that idiot girl they have doesn't bleed to death, after you do that, come back and we'll duel them together, though that's more than too much for them to handle.”
“Yes, daddy.” Kerin then ran up and placed her hands over Kirika, where she was covered by a colourful aura.
 
Mitsuko and Kiros ran down and activated their duel disks, as Hiei did the same, with them in a nice open area.
“Such a selfish attitude from both of you.” Zewl shook his head.
“This is going to be easy, Hiei can't take us both when we creamed his best men.” Kiros grinned.
“Petal and Aqua are woman, and you didn't beat them yet.” Hiei replied. “Also, don't forget my daughter is joining in as well, which pretty much stomps your chances flat.”
 
The duel began. (Hiei/Kerin: 4000/4000 versus Kiros/Mitsuko: 4000/4000)
Kerin returned, having put a protective barrier on Kirika and activated her disk as well.
“Let's begin, I'll go first.” She drew 6 cards, as all others drew 5.
“It's about time I got to show you how weak a duellist you truly are Hiei, you have all your men fight your battles for you and even now you gain help from a little girl.” Kiros spat.
“If you're so much greater than me...then I dare you to live to see your first battle phase.” Hiei narrowed his eyes. “I sware by the end of this duel, we will be flawless, if you can touch our life points by battle damage, then we will instantly forfeit.” Hiei said, clutching a fist.
 
“That's pretty bold of you, reckless also.” Zewl shook his head.
 
“Continuing, first of all, everyone discard your hand, Card Destruction is in play!” So, everyone threw out 5 cards and drew another 5. “Now I'll play Toon World!” <3000 Kerin> A book appeared next to Kerin, which opened up into a flip book, containing Toon World.
“Looks like we win already.” Kiros grinned.
“What?! How did we lose?” Kerin asked, sadly.
“You lost life points, and according to Hiei...”
“You didn't cause the damage through battle, so the game continues, you're not bright on hearing are you?” Hiei interrupted.
“Oh...”
Kerin continued. “Now I'll use Premature Burial to special summon Blue Eyes Toon Dragon from my graveyard.” With that, the comical version of the great dragon appeared, giving it's large teethe grin. (3000/2500) <2200> “Next, I'll use Polymerization to fuse the two cards in my hand, Crass Clown and Dream Clown to bring out my favourite toy, Bickuribox!” The jack in the box clown appeared in a comical pink puff of smoke. (2300/2000) “And I'll end.”
 
“Holy mother of...” Kiros spat.
“That was a good opener...” Mitsuko added.
“Just lucky.” Kiros wiped his head, then drew. “First, I'll summon Gladiator Beast Secutor.” (400/300) “And end my turn.”
Hiei drew. “Let's see...” He looked at his cards. “Like I said, next turn this is over, you've already lost, especially you, kid. I hope you weren't relying on your friend to place a trap for you to use.” Hiei took a card. “I'll Premature Burial my Buster Blader.” <3200> (2600/2300) “And then I'll use Monster Reborn on Emes the Infinity in Mitsuko's graveyard.”
“Wait...but how did you know he was discarded.”
“Because you just told me.” Hiei said, as Emes appeared on the field. (2500/2000) “And that's all.”
 
Mitsuko drew his card. `What the hell...? This is insane, they just pulled a combo of the best opening tag move I've ever seen.' He thought. “I'll Summon Kaiser Sea horse, throw down a card and end my turn.”
 
Kerin drew. “I'll summon Goblin Elite Attack Force.” (2200/1500) “Now, I'll use Bickuribox to attack Secutor!” Bickuribox didn't waist any time in turning Secutor into toon smoke, leaving Kiros to be struck by the force. <2100>
“Shit!” Kiros cursed.
“Attack him now Blue Eyes!” Kerin ordered happily. And with a toon comical version of the burst stream of Destruction, Kiros was out of the duel. <0> “Now, take out Mitsuko's defences!” Mitsuko's face down Kaiser Sea horse was instantly slaughtered by the force. “Due to his effect, now that he's attacked and I am ending, he goes to defence.” Kerin changed her attack force.
Hiei drew. “Since Kiros lost his turn, it's my go, so I'll use heavy storm to remove your spell, and that's game.”
“What...the...fuck...just happened...?” Mitsuko questioned, still unsure what just went by, then he was knocked down by Buster Blader and Emes. <0>
 
Hiei shut down his disk and walked over to the two duellists, still on the floor from the duel.
“Maybe one day you'll come at me with the pride you should have, not the arrogance you did now, and then I might duel you seriously.” Hiei walked off, Kerin not far behind. Mitsuko sat up, whilst Kiros smashed his fist into the floor constantly.
“Damn it! Damn it! Damn it!” Zewl walked over and lifted Kiros up and rest and hand on his shoulder.
“Easy m'boy, he was lucky, that's all.” He comforted him. “Just let it go and let's get back to what's important, the life of this girl.” With that, the two stood up.
“Yeah, that duel meant nothing.” Mitsuko said. Then he turned around to get Kirika again.
 
Almost as if on cue, when he picked up Kirika, there was a large explosion from the town, which drew the attention of the three males.
“Now what?!” Kiros asked.
“Let's check, clearly that's Hiei, since he went that way.” Mitsuko suggested. The three ran toward the area, Kirika in Mitsuko's arms.
 
When they arrived, Hiei was indeed there, stuck between a giant snake and a dinosaur oddly enough, holding a replica of the Buster Blader sword defending the jaws of the snake behind him and the Black Luster Blade fending the dinosaur in front of him.
“Hiei!” Zewl yelled out to him. Hiei threw off the snake and Dinosaur, which both then vanished. Nazaruda was stood on top of a building, holding a long samurai blade and an unconscious Kerin under his other arm.
“What's going on now!” Kiros barked.
Nazaruda looked toward Kiros. “Failed, as expected...oh well.”
“Where is Oryas!” Kiros yelled.
“In a safe place, so he believes.” Nazaruda replied. Hiei was pissed.
“You give me my daughter back right now, or I swear...”
“Save it, Hiei. You're useless to try and combat me, what with that poison in your veins now slowly petrifying your body, I have use of Kerin, so you won't stop me. Seifa, Locke! Make sure they don't follow me.” Seifa the hedgehog and a green lizard with a strange do appeared. Nazaruda then ran off with Kerin, as they stood in his place, Hiei however didn't move.
“Fool! Why don't you chase him!” Zewl barked at Hiei.
“Legs...petrified...”
“This is a bad time to be getting scared!” Kiros yelled.
“Look again idiot, I mean they're actually stone...” Hiei snapped back. Locke and Seifa leaped off of the building and toward Hiei.
“We'll be famous with the boss for killing you!” Locke hissed. Hiei narrowed his eyes, and before the two struck, Zewl was in front of Hiei, holding both blades he was before, he knocked them away and then charged them. They quickly drew weapons of their own, Seifa a black two handed blade and Locke a bone club. Zewl leaped in the air, flipping forward twice and slicing at Bone, snapping the bone club and knocking him down from mere friction, then he span, ducked and kicked at Seifa's legs, avoiding a horizontal swipe from the large blade. Seifa was caught off guard and taken to the floor. Mitsuko leaped over and drop kicked Locke in the neck, a horrid crack kept him unconscious. Kiros ran over and stabbed Seifa in the stomach with two blades, before Seifa was sucked into a dark portal, as well as Locke. After they'd vanished, the three looked at Hiei, who looked away from them.
 
“What happened?!” Zewl asked.
“You saw what happened...” Hiei said.
“Not everything.” Mitsuko replied.
“Whatev-..Arh!” Hiei gripped his gut, then his hand turned into stone. “Shit! Must have gotten bitten by that snake...” Zewl walked over and analysed him.
“I've never seen such a condition.” He said, honestly.
“Oh well, guess I die here then.” Hiei replied. Suddenly, clapping was heard, everyone looked around, though only they were there. Pegasus walked out, and was clearly the one clapping, seeing as he hadn't stopped. The clap was slow, but congratulation intentional.
“Well, well, what do we have here, an impressive duel, suddenly turn riot.” He said, his usual tone of voice.
“Hello, Pegasus, what brings you here?” Kiros asked.
“First.” Then he clicked his fingers and one of the hooded girls from before appeared and walked over to Hiei, taking his hair into her hand. “She has the cure for that petrifaction.”
“Oh, Hiei...you dyed your lovely hair...” She said.
“....Mother...” Hiei said.
“Why did you dye your hair?”
“Because of that scum you bred with...” Hiei spat. The woman removed her hood.
“Hitomi!?” Mitsuko and Kiros yelped at the same time. “That makes no sense!”
“No, I'm not my daughter.” Mariko laughed. “I am Mariko, the mother of Hitomi, so at least you know where her looks come from, but notice, though my hair is brown, my fur is actually more a whitish pink like colour.” Mariko pointed herself out, and it was true, though she looked like Hitomi, her fur and her eyes were a pink too. Mariko took an antidote and made Hiei drink it, where his stone structure crumbled, leaving his normal limbs, though he fell to a knee.
 
“This is confusing.” Kiros said, rubbing his now aching head. Pegasus walked over to Hiei.
“I have a proposition for you Hiei.” He said.
“What...” Hiei asked, sounding somewhat defeated.
“Your clan from this day forth, regardless on if you take my offer, is dispended, I've made sure of that.” Pegasus said.
“You what?!” Hiei was pissed.
“I duelled most of your subordinates and clan mates into submission till I made them a part of my own force, they weren't very strong, not with the decks they were carrying anyway.”
“Bastard...”
“Now now, don't fret, I want you to lead my force, under my direct command.”
“And if I refuse?!” Hiei barked.
“Then I won't help you find your daughter, join my Necrophade Black dorm and I promise you the finest resources to find Nazaruda and your little girl.” Hiei was trapped, he sighed, again defeated.
“Fine...fine...” He said. “I accept those terms.”
 
“Wait a second!” Kiros wasn't happy himself. “He's been evil since day one and now you're recruiting him!”
“Don't get in such a twist, binky-boy, the offer extends to you also, I want you to join Necrophade Black as one of the finest members.” Pegasus replied.
“Um, well...I'll have to think about that one.” Kiros said.
“Very well, you know how to contact me, right? My website should have a link to send emails to my secretary.”
“Sure...” Kiros said. With that, Mariko lift Hiei's arm over her shoulder and helped him to his feet, then escorted him off. “The rest of you seem to have made your place with the Freedom Fighters, but maybe I might extend an invite to you too someday.” With that, Pegasus walked off, following Mariko.
 
The three stood there and watched them go.
“Well, back to priority Kirika.” Zewl said, the other two nodded, picked Kirika up again and ran off in the direction of the station.