Sonic X Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic Duels: The Shadow Clan Saga! ❯ A dark realisation. ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 24: A dark realisation.
 
Kiros stands next to the hot-dog stand, busily chowing down on his fifth hot-dog. "Damn, duelling sure gives me an appetite!!" he said between mouthfuls. Mitsuko face-palmed.
"Dude, we just got creamed!!"
Kiros swallowed the last bite. "Yeah I know....I'm still hungry though."
Mitsuko and Zewl sweatdropped.
Zewl yawned. "As much as your stomach craves food, m'boy, we should really be getting this girl to treatment." He spoke up. Kiros groaned as he clutched his stomach.
"But....but....but...." he started. All of a sudden, a huge belch erupted from his mouth, and he grinned. "Much better. Let's go!!" He charged off in the direction of Tail's house, leaving the others behind, wondering how badly Kiros was dropped on his head as a child. Zewl and Mitsuko sighed, and helped Kirika to her feet, following after the crazed Kiros.
"Duel must have hit him harder than we thought." Zewl spoke to himself. Kirika opened her left eye slightly, but did little else from sigh a pained breathe.
"Who are you people...?” She asked, still pained.
"Shhhhh" Mitsuko said, smiling down at her. "We're taking you somewhere safe, just save your strength." Kirika reclosed her eyes again and sighed painfully.
 
 
Meanwhile, back at Tails house, Tails was again working on some contraption, whilst Aqua was seemingly playing with a drop of water, which she was somehow floating and morphing it into many shapes. Kiama sat watching Aqua, wowing at all the shapes the woman was creating. Aqua hardly noticed Kiama in her own little daze. Then she noticed and smiled, forming the drop into a normal sized butterfly, which then began flapping all around the room. The little girl watched the butterfly, giggling when it landed on her nose, and began to chase it when it fluttered off.
"How sad that I'd play with my own tears..." Aqua uttered to herself. "I've never been so embarrassed to be beaten by toon monsters...and those virus cards...man they hurt..." She continued to talk to herself. With that, a loud knocking came to the door, grabbing everyone's attention.
"Fan service!" Knuckles called.
"Knuckles!!!!" Kiama screamed excitedly and pounced on the poor, unsuspecting man, and nearly flattened him as she gave him what could only be described as a 6 year olds bear hug. Aqua, meanwhile, ran off so not to be seen by more Freedom Fighters. Tails walked in.
"What can I do for you guys?" She asked.
"This girl beat Knuckles into submission and wanted to meet the gang, so here we are." Amy said, trying to act like there was no quarrel between her and Tails.
Ribbon suddenly bursts in and runs to tails "Wow! Your tails! I can't believe I am seeing you, and I thought seeing the others was impossible!”
"You make it sound like we're as famous as Penelope." Tails said. "We're not impossible to meet, but it's always nice to know we have fans." Tails was a little unnerved about the girl's sudden confrontation.
"Ain't it just." Said a voice from the door. Mitsuko, Kiros, and Zewl stood smiling, an unconscious Kirika held between them. "Tails, kinda need a hand here."
Tails looked at Kirika and then growled. "Will you stop bringing all these bad girls to my house!" She barked, then sighed. "The couch is free." Mitsuko hefted Kirika onto his shoulder, and went and placed her gently on the couch.
Ribbon looks at the few "Bad? Huh? “She then notices Kiros "Wow! You were in the tournament as well, got beaten by that shadow clan guy.." She runs over to Kiros as well
Kiros smiled tightly. "Typical. I kick ass, and no-one pays attention. I lose, and everyone wants to take the piss." He stormed off upstairs. Zewl placed a hand on Ribbons shoulder and smiled.
"Pay him no heed little one. It's still a sore subject for him."
"But who was around to see it?" Mitsuko asked as he stood, Kirika soundly asleep on the couch. "I mean, at the tourney the whole world was watching."
"Um...should I say sorry to him?" Ribbon asks looking a little confused, not too sure what just happened.
"Wait a second, what do you mean "these bad girls", Tails?!" Amy asked, curiously.
Tails sighed. "Aqua is hiding behind the staircase." She said.
"Aqua!" In that instant, Knuckles, Amy and Silver activated their duel disks, expecting some form of attack.
Mitsuko and Zewl face-palmed. "Easy guys." Mitsuko said quickly. "She isn't here to fight." Zewl added. Kiama started punching Knuckles and Silver in their stomachs. "LEAVE HER ALONE!!" she yelled. Ribbon giggles in response to what Kiama is doing.
"Ow! Jeez! Stop!" Knuckles and Silver screamed girlishly simultaneously.
"Seems I'm not the only one who can do stuff to you guys" Ribbon giggles a little more, a grin on her face. Aqua walked out from the staircase, and looked at the group, though, slightly away trying to cover the blush on her face, though, being a pure white arctic fox, her efforts were in vein.
 
Amy walked over angrily and grabbed her by the collar, not actually noticing all her bandages and the fact her clothes had lots of teeth rips in it. "So what's a heartless bitch like you doing here!" Aqua narrowed her eyes angrily.
"Well, perhaps I was expecting some form of group orgy with you and your friends, seems that's not the case..." She spat back, making Amy back off with a larger blush than Aqua before her.
"How...How dare you!" Amy barked.
Kiama jumped in front of Amy and glared up at her. "Go away!! You're meaner than she is! You hurt Tails! You're the baddy!!" she said loudly. Mitsuko and Zewl struggled to hide their grins, without success. Meanwhile, Aqua had her own grin and took some water from a bottle and made it form into a floating word behind Kiama, so she didn't notice, but it spelt out "Loser!" directed at Amy, which made Amy flush red.
Ribbon laughs a little too loud. "Aww...so cute...everyone gets along so well." Aqua then formed the water into a large ball, which floated to the left.
"This is a good day." Mitsuko smirked.
"You should see them when they are in a really good mood." laughed Zewl.
Cream walked up to Tails. "Tails, I got a question." Ribbon walks over to the group of girls next to the floating water while cream and tails is speaking, she tilts her head at it wondering what is shaping it. "Is it me, or are you making a highly coordinated, double SS functioning steering device for a large ship over there." Cream asked, pointing at the device Tails was working on. As Cream talks to Tails, Shinato appears next to Mitsuko, in a much smaller and more appropriate size, and walks over next to Cream. The lion nods, and pulls the 2 cards out of his deck.
Tails took this opportunity to "escape" the Topic. "Hey! Don't go burning my house down or making odd shaped marks on my floors!" The yelped at Shinato worryingly.
"Actually little one." Shinato smiled. "I was simply observing the being I am destined to serve." he looked down at Cream. "If she'll so have me that is."
"Huh?" Cream was confused.
"His name is Shinato." Mitsuko explained as he offered Cream the 2 cards he had taken from his deck, Shinato himself and the ritual card to summon him.
"I am what you would call a 'duel spirit'." Shinato continued for Mitsuko. "I have been searching for centuries to find the duellist who is to command me. Mitsuko held me for a time, but it is you Cream, who is destined to command my powers."
Mitsuko smiled and nodded at Cream. "Shinato helped me get my sister back, on the condition that when the time came I was to hand him over to you."
Cream held her hand out innocently, with a large cute smile on her face. "Oh, thank you, thank you!" She said, happily.
 
Shinato smiled, and vanished. Kiros walked back in, having nearly emptied Tail's fridge. "Hey, where'd the big dude go?" he asked.
Aqua rubbed her head. "Crap, I don't feel well..." She said, before moving over to an empty seat and crashing down on it, sighing. Kiama followed Aqua, and sat down, cuddling up next to her. Mitsuko looked over at the pair worriedly. Zewl noticed this and smiled.
"Don't worry my friend." he whispered. "I doubt Aqua would hurt your sister. They seemed to have formed a bond." Ribbon seems still amazed at the floating water, she pokes it a couple of times.
Kiros walked over to Ribbon and grinned. "I hear you flattened Knuckles in a duel." he asked. The water suddenly fell out of the air toward Ribbon, after touching. Kiros jumped back and laughed as Ribbon was drenched. Ribbon gets soaked over her head as she turns to Kiros, her ears then droop down
"Um...shouldn't have done that.."
 
Aqua suddenly moved Kiama away, not nastily, but enough so she could leap over the seat and rush to the bathroom again.
"Hey, old man, how long does that antidote medicine of your stay in effect, because when she had that, she went to hurl as well." Tails asked.
Ribbon moves to Kiros "funny...huh?" she then shakes her head, throwing water all over, at Kiros mainly.
 
Kiama blinked a couple of times, then turned to her brother. "Mitsuko!!! Teach me to duel!" she asked. Mitsuko sighed, then motioned for her to follow him. The lioness leaped over the back of the couch, and hurtled outside, Mitsuko in tow. Kiros watched the pair leave, then growled at Ribbon. "A challenge?" he asked, activating his duel disk and grinning. "Let's see how good you are, shall we?"
Ribbon tilts her head to the side. "And what do I get if I win?"
Zewl shook his head at Kiros, then turned to Tails. "She was very badly poisoned. I had to give her a large dose, but she should be fine soon."
Kiros tilted his head. "What would you want?" he asked bluntly.
"Hm....you have to go on a date with me." She twists her body slightly, smiling sweetly.
Knuckles jaw dropped so far it nearly hit the floor. "How on earth does he do that?!" Silver swore. Kiros laughed.
"Deal. And if I win, you have to go on a date with......." he looked around, and his eyes landed on Zewl, who raised an eyebrow. "Don't even think about it m'boy." the old man said. The hare laughed even more. "Silver."
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" Silver then ran away as fast as he could, which for him was pathetic.
"Hm...Sound's fair to me." Ribbon grins slightly.
"I don't think that's true." Tails said. "It's only fare if everyone agrees." She then walked to her former contraption to continue working.
"True." Kiros admitted. "Silver's too much of a pansy to accept. He wouldn't know what a date was if he was slapped in the face by it. What about Mitsuko?" he asked. Zewl went to the door, and looked outside where Kiama and Mitsuko were sitting, the former being shown the basics of duelling. "Mitsuko!!" the old man called. "You might want to be present for this, your being pimped out."
"Hm...Which one is he again?” Ribbon looks around the room
"Doesn't he already have a date with Hitomi?" Tails questioned from the kitchen.
Kiros pointed at Mitsuko, who replied by glaring at the hare. "Kiros, what are you up to now?"
Aqua walked out of the bathroom, looking grim. "Um, why not have it so that she doesn't exactly benefit from both outcomes, more interesting that way, what's the point if she could look forward to winning or losing?" She asked, walking passed them.
Kiros threw his hands up in the air. "See?! I knew the deal should have stuck at Silver." he moaned.
"I know..If I win, I date Kiros, if I lose, I date Kiros, anyone disagree?" Ribbon then runs to Kiros and covers his mouth.
Aqua sighed. "Little girl, answer me this, how do you fare on horror movies, and I mean the really, really REALLY scary ones?" She asked.
"Me?" Ribbon looks at Aqua
"Yes, you." Aqua smiled.
 
"She must love them." Knuckles chuckled. "After all, she did agree to go on a date with Silver if she lost." This caused everyone a giggle
"Well...I'm ok with them I guess, but I would much rather have these as odds.."
Kiros pushed Ribbons hand away. "How's this then. You win, you get a date. I win, you clean my duel-disk for a week. Deal?"
"Aww...your no fun...but sure.."
 
Tails quickly looked at the door. "Huh...odd..." She uttered.
 
"Then let's do this." Kiros said, slotting his deck and heading outside. Zewl and Mitsuko followed. Knuckles smirked. "This I gotta see." he said, dragging Silver out behind him.
 
"Hmm...Maybe I should actually play real this time." Ribbon said as she also slotted her deck and walked out, saying it loud enough so Knuckles could hear.
"You'll need to." Knuckles muttered under his breath. "Kiros'll flatten you."
Kiros stood, his disk ready, his deck slotted. "Seeing as I have the most to lose, I'll take the first move, if that's okay with you?"
"Hm..." Ribbon takes her position "Sure, go for it, and don't forget how I flattened you Knuckles." She grins at Knuckles.
“A feat among many...” Tails uttered.
"Okay, I'll start by playing the spell card Gladiator Proving Ground, which lets me add one level 4 or lower Gladiator Beast form my deck to my hand." he searched through his deck, and found the monster.
"I'll then set the monster, along with three face-downs, and activate my field spell, Colosseum - Cage of the Gladiator Beasts, and end my turn."
 
"Hm.." Ribbon draws a card "I will summon my Howling insect in attack mode. (1200/1300) And now...I place three face downs and attack your set monster." The insect charges the face down monster.
Kiros smiled slightly as his monster was revealed, and sent Ribbons monster flying back. "Shame you attacked my Hoplomus (700/2100). You did me a favour there."
“Hm...Your turn." <7100>
"Not so fast." Kiros interrupted. "I activate my monster's special affect. At the end of your battle phase, I return Hoplomus to my deck in order to special summon another Gladiator Beast."
He searched his deck. "So, say hello to Gladiator Beast Spartacus (2200/1500)." the dinosaur looking creature appeared on the field. "And, due to his effect, I can search my deck and add an equip card to my hand. So I'll pick my Gladiator Beast's Battle Archfiend Shield."
The colosseum lit up with one ring. <FcT x1> as Kiros drew. "I set one monster and equip Spartacus with the equip card I got." Spartacus roared as an evil looking shield appeared on his arm. "Now, Spartacus, attack!!"
The dinosaur leapt forward with 2300 points of attack.
"Aww.." Ribbon's insect was crushed (6000) Then another appeared "Oh well, now my ultimate insect LV3 can join us" (1400/900)
Another ring lit up. <FcT x2> "Nice. I end my turn." Kiros said as his monster returned to his side of the field.
 
Ribbon drew "Well..at least I can upgrade my insect already" The insect on the field grew to LV5 (2300/900)
Kiros smiled as another ring lit up <FcT x3> "Sorry, but I know about your insects. So I think this is a good time to activate my trap, Compulsory Evacuation Device, to return it to your hand."
"Pff...that's annoying." The insect disappears "Well, I will activate Premature burial from my hand to bring back my Ultimate insect LV3" (5200) (1400/900) <FcT x4>
"And now I will place a monster in defence and activate DNA surgery, making all monsters on the field into bugs. And now...I guess it's your turn"
Kiros drew. "I set one card and attack your face-down monster with Spartacus, for 2600 points!!" the now bug type Gladiator charged forward.
"Thanks." Man-eater bug flips, being destroyed.
"Crap...." Kiros moaned. "Now I lose a monster!"
"Yup...say goodbye to your beast." Ribbon smiles sweetly.
Ribbon's monster appeared back in front of Spartacus, but was blocked by the shield that the Gladiator held, disappearing along with Ribbon's bug.
 
Aqua again flees to the bathroom. "Wow, Kiros is as intense as ever." Tails said.
Zewl nodded. "When Kiros duels this focused, he can be quite dangerous."
 
"Your no fun..." Ribbon frowns
"Sorry, not my fault that my shield is destroyed instead of my monster." Kiros replied. "Your move."
Ribbon draws "Well...my bug evolves again to Level 5." The bug grows again.
<FcT x5> "Not good...." Kiros muttered.
"I don't feel like attacking your beast so...I activate one of my trap cards, Light of intervention of which will make all defence monsters played face up."
"Next...I active Brain control, and take control of your Spartacus." (4400)
The gladiator roared as he switched sides. "This should be interesting." Kiros commented.
"Now my insect...attack his set monster"
 
Aqua returned. "You okay? The medicine is giving you the run around, huh?" Tails questioned.
"Not really, that wore off ages ago..." Aqua muttered.
"What?"
"Oops, nothing, nothing at all." Aqua smiled, coyly.
 
Kiros' monster screamed in pain as it was destroyed. "Thanks Ribbon. You destroyed my Test Ape, which lets me special summon another Gladiator Beast. So say hello to Dimacari." (1600/1200) (2100/1700 FcT)
"Hehe...don't forget, Spartacus, attack his Dimacari!"
<FcT x6> "Not so fast. I activate Draining Shield." A bright yellow shield enveloped Dimacari, and as Spartacus attacked and struck the shield, a yellow beam hit Kiros, and his lifepoints climbed. <10800>
"Pff...before I end my turn I will sacrifice Your Spartacus for the Ultimate insect LV5 in my hand" Another insect appears on the field.
"Damn...." Kiros muttered as his monster vanished.
 
"Ouch." Aqua uttered. "That had to hurt."
 
"Now, your go."
 
"Still think I'm a easy challenge?" Ribbon smiles sweetly
Kiros drew, and laughed. "Oh, you have no idea what's in store for you. I summon my Gladiator Beast Hoplomus (700/2100) (1300/2700 FcT) (800/2200 Ultimate Insect lvl 5) "I then special summon my Test Tiger, <FcT x7> and tribute him to return Hoplomus to my deck in order to special summon my second Spartacus <FcT x8>, which lets me get another equip card. I'll then return both Spartacus and Dimacari to the deck in order to special summon my fusion monster, Gladiator Beast Giaodiaz!!" <FcT x8>(2600/1500) (3400/2300 FcT) (2900/1800 U.I.5)
 
"This is where the pain begins." Tails uttered.
"Hm...looks cute" Ribbon smiles a little
Giaodiaz growled menacingly down at Ribbons insects. "Not so fast my friend." Kiros smiled. "First, I'll equip my monster with the equip card Spartacus allowed me to get, Gladiator Beast's Battle Halberd. Then, I'll activate my Mystical Space Typhoon on your DNA Surgery."
"Aww...no more bugs for you"
Kiros smiled. "I'll get over it."
"Look into their eyes, how cant you not like them?" Ribbon giggles a little.
"Easily." Kiros replied. "Giaodiaz, attack the insect on her left. Charge!!!"
Ribbon sighs a little "I activate Sakuretsu Armor!"
"I counter with Seven Tools of the Bandit!!" Kiros exclaimed, using the last of his face-downs. <9800>
"Um...poop" Ribbon's left insect is destroyed. (3800) Giaodiaz continued to charged, his lance striking both Ribbon and her face-down card <2900>
"Ow...that hurt.." Ribbon moans a little
 
Kiros smiled contentedly as his monster returned to his side. "Now his jobs done, I'll end my battle phase and return him to my fusion deck to special summon 2 gladiator beasts from my deck. Gladiator Beast Murmillo, who destroys your insect, and Gladiator Beast Secutor." <FcT x10> (Murmillo 1800/1400 Secutor 1400/1300)
"Oh come on..." Ribbon frowns as her second insect is destroyed.
Kiros' monsters appeared on the field, Murmillo, ready for battle, and the lizard Secutor defending.
"Your move." Kiros said.
 
"There's something off about Kiros....." muttered Zewl. Mitsuko had wandered off and was sitting with his sister, showing her how to duel.
"What do you mean, old man?" Aqua asked.
"I can't put my finger on it...there's just something wrong." Zewl replied.
"I see."
 
 
Ribbon draws. "Meh..Its something, I place a face down and activate monster reborn, to bring back...Um...Spartacus!" Ribbon smiles a little. The dinosaur rose at Ribbons side <FcT x11> (3300, 2700)
"Um...does he have a effect I should know about?" Ribbon questions
"Not one you can use." Kiros smiled. "Unless you have a few Gladiator Beasts lurking about that I don't know of."
"Hm..oh well, Spartacus, attack his Murmillo!"
Kiros shielded himself as his Murmillo was squashed in an instant. <8300> "Not bad Ribbon...not bad."
"Um...Thanks." Ribbon smiles a little. "Your turn."
Kiros drew, and smiled. "I pass."
Ribbon drew, smiling. "Well, sure, I place a face down and attack your Secutor.” Secutor vanished, leaving Kiros smiling. "Your go."
 
"Not quite." he replied. "I think it's time I ended the duel, don't you agree?"
"Huh?"
A large shadow appeared behind Kiros, covering the field. "I activate my Secutor's effect. I special summon Gladiator Beast Dimacari <FcT x12> and Gladiator Beast Darius <FcT x13> who's effect also allows me to special summon yet another monster. Gladiator Beast Laquari." <FcT x14> The shadow behind Kiros grew larger and darker.
"What...three monsters?"
 
"Does....anyone else see that shadow?" Knuckles said, more than a little afraid.
 
"Don't worry Ribbon, there will be just one monster soon enough. I send these 3 monsters back to my deck in order to summon my ultimate creature."
Aqua narrowed her eyes. "I wonder..." A strong wind picked up, blowing viciously around the area. Cream was blown on her ass, and screamed loudly.
 
As Kiros' monsters vanished, the shadow that had been growing behind him stepped forward, and a huge creature emerged, larger than almost any other in duel-monsters, and more vicious looking than most. "Welcome, Heraklinos, King of the Gladiator Beasts!!" Kiros yelled above the wind. <FcT x16> (3000/2800 4600/4400 FcT)
"Wow..." Ribbon shakes her head a little, noticing something "Oh..right..I activate trap hole!"
Heraklinos laughed, and easily avoided the hole Ribbon had opened. "Trap Hole only effects normal summons. As this was a fusion summon, Heraklinos is unaffected." Kiros said confidently, as Heraklinos towered above them both, ready for battle.
"Oh...poop.."
"Now Heraklinos, destroy her creature, and return it to the grave from which she stole it from!!!" Kiros commanded, as Heraklinos launched a fist towards Spartacus.
Ribbon gulps "Maybe this one will work...I activate my Sakuretsu Armor!"
"I activate my creature's special effect. By discarding one card in my hand, I negate your trap and destroy it!!"
"Ouch!" Tails said aloud, almost for Ribbon.
"Not good..." Ribbon is blasted back as Spartacus is destroyed <2100>
The great creature settles by Kiros' side. "Your move."
 
"I don't like this...." Zewl said coldly, before he turned and walked back into the house.
 
Kiros suddenly hears a familiar sounding "bolt of lightning", but ignores it for now.
Ribbon climbs back to her feet and draws not looking at the card straight away "Come on...give me something I can use.." Ribbon then looks at the card. Ribbon sighs "I set a monster and end.."
Kiros drew. "I attack your face-down!!" Howling insect is wiped from the field, Then another appears.
"At least I can hold my defence a little..”
"You done?" Kiros asked.
"It's still your turn..."
Kiros blinked. 'What the hell's wrong with me?' He asked himself. "I...I end my turn..." he said, holding his head with one hand.
Ribbon draws a card "I activate mystical space typhoon on your Colosseum..." Ribbon hopes for something
Kiros sends a card from his hand to his graveyard as Heraklinos blocks and destroys the typhoon. "Did you forget my monsters effect so quickly?"
Ribbon slumps back onto her ass. "Guess I did...your turn.."
He draws. "I equip your monster with Ekibyo Drakmord, and end my turn." Ribbon's insect is enveloped by what looks like a large puddle of sludge.
Ribbon draws a card, staying sat on the ground "Face down...and end..."
 
Aqua focused a little, almost like she was studying Kiros, though trying not to make it too obvious she was.
 
Kiros drew. "I pass. Why are you sat down?" he asked as he ended his turn.
"Why shouldn't I be, not like I'm getting anywhere..." Ribbon draws her card "I sacrifice my insect and set a monster, then end."
Kiros shrugged and drew. "If you want to lose sitting down, be my guest. I'll be happy to oblige you. I play the spell card Tribute to the Doomed, and discard one card to destroy your monster."
"Pfft..oh well, I forfeit." Ribbon deactivates her duel disk and lies back.
Kiros growled. "Rid me of my points why don't you. I was about to perfect kill you." he de-activated his duel disk and went inside. Zewl was waiting for him.
"Meh...he wasn't going to get any anyway...this way I don't have to clean his duel disk."
"Can I correct you on this?" Aqua asked, walking over.
"Interesting choice of words..." Mitsuko pondered.
Ribbon looks up at Aqua. "Sure?"
"You quit; which means you lost. You have to go by the deal you made, or you have to eat a thousand needles, for breaking a promise." Aqua said, before walking back inside.
"Pff...he doesn't know that."
 
Zewl stood in front of Kiros. "What do you want old man?" Kiros asked gruffly. Zewl simply took Kiros' duel disk, or more accurately, ripped it from his arm. Quickly, before Kiros could say a word, he took the Heraklinos card and tore it in half, evoking a scream in Kiros before a black shadow ripped out of his body, and left the house, blasting Aqua back on her ass as it disappeared. The poor hare then fell to the floor, unconscious.
"Fuck!" Aqua said, getting up. "That...pissed me off! What the hell was that?!"
Mitsuko ran into the house, and came upon the unconscious Kiros, the remains of the Heraklinos card littered beside him. Zewl was nowhere to be seen.
"That was weird..." Aqua said to herself, more than anyone else.
"Hey Tails!!" Mitsuko called from the doorway. "Is there a back way out of this place?" Having heard the horrific scream, Knuckles, Cream and Kiama were anxious, trying to stay as far away from the house as possible.
"The only back way would be a long fall, out the aircraft shaft, why?" Tails answered from upstairs.
"Because Kiros is in here unconscious, one of his cards is ripped to pieces, the old man is nowhere to be seen, and that weird black shadow-thing that blasted Aqua on her ass worries me."
Tails came walking down. "What are you yelling about?" She questioned.
The gang walked into the house. "Are you seriously telling me you didn't hear anything?!" Mitsuko said, eyeing Tails as if he didn't believe her. "We heard the scream from outside. No way you couldn't have not heard it from up there."
"Huh?" Tails questioned. "Yes, something sounded awkward in here, but I thought it was nothing." Tails honestly said.
 
"Awkward?!" Knuckles said. "Damn Tails, I don't know why, but since you and Sonic had that bust-up, you don't seem to give a damn 'bout anyone anymore!"
"To hell with this...." Mitsuko muttered and picked Kiros up. "Come on Kiama, let's go. We'll take Kiros to the hospital."
Tails seemed speechless at the comments following her own. "Wh....What did I do...?"
Aqua followed Mitsuko. "Mind if I follow you?" She asked. Then she noticed something and looked at an empty couch. "I got a question though, what happened to Kirika?"
The bathroom flushed and Kirika walked out, rubbing her head, and stumbling a little. "Never mind..." Aqua uttered.
"Come on Aqua!" Kiama said as she grabbed the woman's hand and pulled her after her brother, who was passing the spot where Ribbon lay, Kiros over his shoulder. Tails ran off upstairs, slamming her door shut and locking it. Ribbon looks up at the few, noticing Kiros.
"Um..." Ribbon seems a little speechless as they wander past
 
"It's unfair they treat you this way Tails......" a voice whispered in her ear, almost silently.
Tails looked around her room. "Wha...Who's there?!" She questioned.
"What? Well......I don't know..." Tails answered, she beginning to be a bit frightful.
"I can sense your fear Tails. Why? Why are you afraid?" the voice whispered, becoming more and more insistent.
"Who are you! Show yourself!" Tails ordered, trying to be brave, though fear still lingers in her voice.
"In good time." the voice sounded amused. "You can't face the truth in yourself yet. How can you think you're ready to face anyone else? You're stronger on your own my dear....you don't need anyone else...." the voice began to fade away. "But I'll be watching you." Looking around, Tails noticed a card on her desk, one she hadn't noticed before. Picking it up, she studied it. As Tails held her new card, she felt a strange sense of power running through her. Outside her window, unseen by anyone, a dark entity smiled darkly, and began to slowly work its way into the room. Tails gripped her head and moaned. Moments later, having time to come back to herself. She opened her eyes nastily.
"Who needs them...Who do they...think...they...are..." She said, in a nasty dark tone... The dark spirit extended what appeared to be tentacles, and wrapped them around Tails. The angrier she got the more of the being was absorbed into her. Something was changing in Tails, something no one expected...