Sonic X Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic Duels: The Shadow Clan Saga! ❯ The Mekasu Household ( Chapter 27 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 27: Mekasu Household
 
Suiv walked out onto the roof, walking over to his younger brother.
"Well, what information have you found?" He asked. Yuuichi sits at the edge of the roof and just stares over at the places below.
"What information would I of found...Suiv?"
"Anything would have been better than wasting your time duelling everyone in sight." Suiv replied.
"And what would make you say I've been doing that?" Yuuichi looks over his shoulder a little, making him able to see Suiv in the corner of his eye.
"The fact you followed that lion around all day until he submitted to duelling you." Suiv replied, narrowing his eyes.
"If you're referring to me, you're mistaken, and if you're referring to your little sisters, then you're expecting more from them than you should." Suiv turned away from Yuuichi. "Kaiba gave me an interesting lead on what happened to Penelope, so you found two of the three Blue Eyes White Dragons, still...If you want to find out about what happened to Penelope, try harder."
"And how can I try harder if you keep treating me like this? The blue eyes were the lead for me so I took it, but it seems he never even really knew they were in his deck...” Yuuichi replies.
"Clearly someone had to have given him those cards!" Suiv barked at Yuuichi, turning around. "What kind of idiot forgets they put not one, but TWO of the legendary Blue Eyes White Dragons in their deck! It's not something that just falls into it! Someone had to put them there and that someone had to be involved in the incident in order to get them in the first place! HOW could you not realise this!" Suiv then calmed himself. "Whatever, take as long as you want. Anyway, your sisters are coming home today, so make sure you get your ass back to the house in time for dinner." With that Suiv turned and headed for the door.
Yuuichi stands to his feet and turns to Suiv as he's walking. "You think I don't know that? It's a simple fact of finding whoever seems close to him, then pursuing that, and I could of done it a hell of allot easier without you constantly biting at me."
 
Suiv stopped and turned his head to look at Yuuichi in the corner of his eye. "Oh, brother...If I didn't bite at you, you'd never get your hand out of your ass and get on with it." With that, he walked out of the door, where Ayuki seemed to walk out, watching him go, and then ran over to Yuuichi.
Yuuichi turns around again and sits down, looking over the buildings again. "Hello Ayuki...” He then sighs a little.
"Did you and bigger bro have a fight again?" Ayuki asked, sweetly. Yuuichi nods a little, turning his head to look at Ayuki.
"Ever since......" Ayuki seemed to pause a little. "...Penelope had that accident, you've been moody." She said.
Yuuichi faces away again, looking over the buildings. "Yes...and I'm sorry Ayuki...but I'm just trying to help sort this and all I'm getting is..." Yuuichi cuts off his own sentence, not saying more.
"Uguu~...Well, cheer up." Ayuki said. "What about going to somewhere fun?"
"I said I wouldn't leave this building Ayuki...and when I can I have work to do...”
"Uguu~...." Ayuki uttered sadly. "But...But, but, but..."
Ayuki bent over a little, resting her hands on her knees, so she was looking up at Yuuichi's face. "What about dinner?" she asked.
"I will head there when its time...it's something I won't miss." Yuuichi smiles a little, trying to hide his mood.
"I can't take the train home alone, you know...." Ayuki pouted, puffing her cheeks out cutely.
"Why don't you spend a little time up here with me then? The views pretty nice...if you don't fall." Yuuichi jokes a little, waiting for her reaction.
Ayuki went blue. "Uguu! Fall?!" She leaped back away from the edge of the roof.
Yuuichi grins a little, with a slight laugh. "I'm only kidding with you." He then offers out his hand to her "Come on...I'll keep you safe."
"Uguu~...You're mean! You know what I'm like with heights." Ayuki puffed.
 
Yuuichi then seems to remember something, standing up and walking over to her, leaning down to her height with his arms open. "I'm sorry Ayuki...guess I've got a lot on my mind...can you forgive me?"
Ayuki sighed her catchphrase. "Uguu~...Can we please go home?"
"Heh," Yuuichi grins a little, before standing back up properly "Sure...can't really say no now." Ayuki then took Yuuichi by the hand, her small soft hands pulling him to the door. As the two walked through the hospital, a nurse walked up to them.
"Excuse me; are you the Mekasu family, the ones here on behalf of a patient named Penelope?" She asked. Yuuichi nods a little at the nurse, seeming to of caught his interest. "Well, she came round a few minutes ago."
"She did?" Yuuichi then looks down at Ayuki. "Come on Ayuki; let's hurry to her to see how she is."
"Um, we would request you not bother her with too many words or questions, with the cause of her injury, it's unknown if she has any damage to her brain." The nurse explained, before the two walked by. "Please be careful."
"We will" Yuuichi speaks back to the nurse as they walk past, getting to Penelope's room and entering it.
 
Penelope seemed to be looking over the roof, trying to fathom her location.
Yuuichi goes next to Penelope's bed and sits down on a chair, looking over at her. "You ok Penelope?" Yuuichi asks, seeming concerned.
Penelope looked with her eyes to Yuuichi and narrowed them. "I wondered where the rock in my ass went." she said. Ayuki laughed aloud.
"Excuse me?" Yuuichi asks, seeming a little confused.
"Never mind, numb nuts. Where am I and why can't I move...it hurts." Penelope didn't seem to recall anything.
"You were...well...in an explosion, you're in the hospital...you were nearly killed."
"Last thing I remember...I was just about to go into the finals of the tournament..." Penelope replied.
"That explosion must have taken out allot of her mind..." Yuuichi mutters to himself. "That was a fairly long time ago..."
"What do you expect big brother? She's been in a com..." Ayuki then twitched and gripped her head. "Ouch..."
Yuuichi looks over at Ayuki for a moment. "You okay, Ayuki?"
"Uguu~...that was a sharp pain in my head." Ayuki replied.
"Ayuki?" Penelope asked confused.
"Maybe it's because of...never mind." Yuuichi then returns his eyes to Penelope. "What do you mean?"
"What do you mean what do you mean?" Penelope narrowed her eyes.
"Hey...you've just been in a coma...don't you start biting my head of already as well." Yuuichi seems to get a little annoyed. "I meant why did you say Ayuki's name like that."
"I thought she was sick." Penelope replied.
"I got better, sis!" Ayuki cheered.
"Yes...she did...and now this happened...” Yuuichi sighs a little.
"She got better, huh?" Penelope muttered.
"She musta had worse strike to her head than we thought." Ayuki whispered to Yuuichi.
"Heh...” Yuuichi smiles a little. "Seems she has Ayuki, had a lot knocked out of her."
"Gimmie a break..." Penelope said. "I'm here unable to move, show some respect, would ya?!"
"Hey, don't lose it, were not insulting you or anything...were just worried about you." Yuuichi tries to calm her.
 
"Ayuki isn't here..." Penelope said. Ayuki pouted.
"Fine! I'll go then!" With that, she walked out the door and slammed it.
"Hey, why did you say that? Now you have probably upset her..."
"Uh huh...I'm going back to sleep, see ya later." With that, Penelope closed her eyes.
"By the way...when you were caught by the explosion your blue eyes were taken." Yuuichi stands, facing the door. Penelope didn't reply.
 
Yuuichi then headed out of the door, looking around for Ayuki. Ayuki wasn't in the halls. "Oh great...a sister who couldn't care less about how much we were worried about her and another one whose now ran off..." Yuuichi then starts wandering around the hospital, looking for her. As he searched, he asked a nurse if she'd seen Ayuki.
"No, I've not seen a little girl running about." She replied. "Would you like me to put a message out?"
"If you could." Yuuichi replies. "We already have one in hospital; I don't want anything happening to her."
"Well, if you'll follow me to reception then." And with that, the Nurse walked through the halls to reception, where Ayuki was sat dunked in a chair, her arms folded in a mood.
Yuuichi places his hand on the nurses shoulder as he see's Ayuki. "Never mind...here she is." He then walks towards her and sits next to her "What's up?"
"Could we go home and...Well, never come back for that ungrateful girl?" Ayuki said, in a mood.
Yuuichi grins a little. "We all feel like that sometimes...but how about we just go home and give her a little time, ok?"
"Uguu~...Okay..." She said. "We gotta go home for dinner." Yuuichi then stands up and offers his hand to Ayuki.
 
 
~@~
 
After her duel with Alex, Kiama had become quite popular. Unlike Alex, who had remained the champion due to no-one dared to beat him, the young duellist was constantly being challenged by duellists around the school. "I have to duel." she kept telling herself. "I need to help Mitsuko in that tournament." And so she duelled.
 
"Spiral Serpent!! Attack!" Kiama called. The 3rd year boy she had been duelling fell to his knees as his remaining life points were blasted. Kiama smiled and walked away. 'I'm getting better...' she thought to herself. 'Mitsuko doesn't have to protect me anymore!' Her brother had spent all day at the school with Mint, and Kiama was overjoyed that her brother had found someone. She sat with them and chattered away; feeling like everything was going to be alright for once.
Muika walked out of the main building and toward Mint who was sat on a bench in the shade with a book...as usual.
"Bookworm...What are you reading?" She asked. Mint looked up, a blush along her face. "Don't need to know, actually..." Muika said, before Mint could reply.
"It's just a romance novel..." Mint replied, shyly.
"I know. You don't blush to anything else." Muika replied.
 
"What are you trying to say Muika?" Mitsuko laughed from behind them, carrying 2 glasses of juice. He handed Mint's to her and kissed her lightly on the cheek.
"Just what I said, she doesn't blush to anything else she reads." Muika replied, as Mint flushed red.
"I see...." Mitsuko said. "Hey, either of you seen Kiama around recently? She just seems to be duelling constantly after that match with Alex."
"She's fine." Muika said. "So, when do you two start making babies, then?" This made Mint's ears stand on end, the flop back down as she turned completely red. "You know what your parents are like, that's all they'll talk about."
He grinned wickedly. "Besides....can you imagine what Kiama would be like if she found out she was going to be an aunt?" he shuddered at the thought. "Terrifying."
Mint then fell backwards off of the bench. Muika looked at her, with her usual emotionless expression. "Looks like she got so worked up she fainted." Mitsuko leant down and picked Mint up off the floor, holding her in his arms until she came too.
"Guess I should be careful not to give her nightmares." Muika joked, but remained her usual tone. The lion chuckled as he stroked Mint's cheek gently. All of a sudden, he was pounced upon by a little monster intent on beating him up.
 
"Mitsuko!!!" Kiama screamed excitedly. "I won!!!"
"Well done Kiama...” Mitsuko replied as he stuck a finger in his ear, trying to stop the ringing.
Muika wondered. "Mitsuko...how good are you with advice?"
"I've not had any complaints about the advice I give, why?" He replied, looking at Muika while Kiama scurried of to duel someone else.
"Follow me please." Muika then walked off. Mitsuko watched her, then laid Mint carefully so she rested against the bench and followed. When around the corner, which was empty. Muika waited.
 
"So what's wrong Muika?" Mitsuko asked as he caught up with her.
"A year ago tomorrow, I gave birth to a baby and gave him up for adoption...." Muika blurted suddenly.
Mitsuko nodded slowly. "And you're second guessing that decision?"
"......" After a long pause, Muika replied. "Not my question. Now that it's done, there's nothing to do about it. I was relieved when he baby was taken, and I never held him or even saw him..."
"So....what do you need advice about?"
Muika turned around, though his expression was normal, it was clear tears were forming in her eyes. "I want to know...even though I know nothing about the baby except that he's a boy.......Is it...Is it okay for me to...celebrate his birthday?"
Mitsuko smiled at Muika and pulled her into a hug. "Of course it's okay." he said. "Whatever you did, he's still your son."
Muika blushed a little, surprised by the sudden hug. "Oh...Th-thank you...” She uttered.
Mitsuko smiled. "Come on, let's get back. Mint'll probably have wandered off to the library again by now."
"It'll be another fifteen for her to recover from that heat." Muika replied.
"She faints like that often then?"
"Only if you get her riled enough." Muika replied.
"I'll have to remember to be nice then." Mitsuko grinned slyly.
"Think of it this way." Muika then walked passed Mitsuko. "The day you and her do decide to go the distance, expect her to collapse...a lot." Muika stopped. "Also, don't tell anyone what we just discussed." With that, she walked off.
"I don't deal in secrets..." Mitsuko muttered as he headed back to the bench.
 
Mint was, as told, still out on the bench, Kiama meanwhile was making the school worried with this sudden enthusiasm to duel everyone. The little terror had just beaten two 4th year students in a 2v1 match, and was sitting on the school steps idly flicking through her deck. "I don't think anyone else will duel me now...." she moaned.
Aqua walked over, shuffling her deck. "So, do you think you're ready for the dark tournament?" She asked.
Kiama brightened up. "Aqua!!!" she squealed. "I hope so; I've been practicing real hard!!"
"Practicing real hard won't be good enough, even if you're giving it your all, so let me test that practice." Aqua slotted her deck in her shadow clan duel disk and activated it. "Treat this duel as if losing it was fatal."
 
Mint slowly came round.
 
"I've no intention to, from this point onward Kiama, you will treat every duel you face as if your life was at risk, only then can you prepare yourself for when it really is." Aqua said, sternly.
The young duellist nodded and drew her 5 cards. "Well then, it's time to duel!!"
"Your opponents won't care for fairness, so I'm taking the first move." Aqua said, drawing 6 cards.
 
"Kiama's duelling the fox lady!!!" someone in the playground yelled. Mitsuko took notice, and headed over to where Kiama had said she would be. Mint, who had come round not long before, went with him.
 
"Right, to start things off, Blizzard Dragon to the field and one card face down." Aqua said, playing her move. "That's all." (1800/1000)
Kiama drew her sixth as Mitsuko and Mint walked round the corner.
"Having fun Kiama?" The lion asked. She shook her head.
"This duel isn't for fun, right Aqua?"
"Oh, you can still have fun; just don't let that cloud your judgement." Aqua said.
Mitsuko raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean Aqua?"
 
"The dark tournament is not a child play area, Mitsuko. Trying her hardest isn't enough, she needs to be completely prepared for the dangers this tournament brings. This tournament isn't just duelling, people get hurt, people get badly wounded...some even die." Aqua said, making her point across. "And the crowd thirsts for blood, there's a reason it's called dark."
 
Mitsuko nodded. "Then Kiama is in great hands." he smiled at Aqua, then sat down with Mint on his knee, cuddled up against him, as Kiama studied her hand. A crowd was beginning to form already.
 
"Remember, Kiama. There is no such word as surrender! You either win or lose, no half-ass attempts." Aqua said. "Continue your play."
"Okay Aqua!!" Kiama replied. "I'll send my Warrior of Atlantis to the graveyard to use his special effect and bring A Legendary Ocean to my hand from my deck." Kiama found her field spell and shuffled her deck. "I'll then activate it!!"
"You do realise this is my favourite arena." Aqua said. The school seemed to flood with water, as the effect came into play.
"I know, but it's mine too!" Kiama replied as the crowd 'ooohed' the change in field. "Now, I'll summon my Terrorking Salmon (2600/1200) and remove the monster in my graveyard to special summon Aqua Spirit!!" (1800/1400)
"I'll use this opportunity to activate my face down Threatening Roar!" Aqua said, as Blizzard Dragon barked nastily at the monsters now in play, terrifying them.
"Damn...." Kiama muttered. "In that case, I'll just set 2 face-downs and end my turn."
"On your standby phase, I can switch one of your monster's battle positions, and it can't be changed back for the rest of the turn!!" she explained. "So I'll change your dragon to defence!!"
"That's a shame, good thing he's not sticking around. I'll tribute him and bring forth Mobius the Frost Monarch." (2600/1200 Field effect) "His summoning means both your set spells and traps can go to the graveyard."
Kiama growled as her cards were destroyed.
"I'll now activate Mage Power and equip it to Mobius, increasing his attack and defence by 500 for each spell and trap on my side of the field, since I have 1, being it, that's 500." (3100/1700)
"Eep..." Kiama gulped nervously.
"Naturally, I'll attack the target that's most threatening to me, that's your Aqua Spirit!" Aqua said, issuing her attack. Kiama ducked and squealed as her monster was obliterated easily. <6700>
"With that, and another face down, I'll end my turn." Aqua said, as another card appeared on her field. Kiama watched as Mobius' attack grew even higher. (3600/2200) She put a determined look on her face and drew.
 
"Hmmm...Okay, I'll try this. I activate Mystical Space Typhoon on your face-down!" the young duellist said nervously.
"A fatal move on your account, but so be it." Aqua said, as her face down was sent to the grave.
"We'll see. Now I activate Fissure, to destroy your Mobius!!" Kiama declared hopefully.
"Hm, lovely..." Mobius shattered.
Kiama grinned happily. "Yay!! Now Terrorking, attack!!"
Aqua put up a water force field around her, so she didn't sustain any physical damage from the fight. <5400>
 
The crowd cheered. "Damn, these 2 are awesome!!!" one said.
"Yeah!! That fox lady is one of the best, and Kiama's holding her own!!"
"Go Kiama!!!!!!" a fan yelled. Mitsuko smirked and kissed Mint gently on the cheek.
 
"I'll put one monster down in defence, and end my turn!!" Kiama bounced happily.
 
Aqua drew. "Hm...This is risky." She said. "I'll summon Vortex Trooper, using his effect, I can send the two cards from my hand to my deck to draw two more." (0/600) Aqua put the cards on the deck, shuffled and drew another 2. "I'll set one card and end my turn."
 
Kiama drew. "I'll attack your Vortex Trooper with Terrorking Salmon!!"
"I'll use my Magic Cylinder." Aqua countered.
"Ooohh poop...." Kiama sighed as she was hit by her own attack. <4100>
"I'll set one card and end." Aqua drew. "I'll switch my Vortex Trooper into defence and summon Hydrogeddon!" (1800/1200 FE)
Kiama looked worried. "Uh oh....."
"Now, I'll use Premature Burial to revive Mobius." Aqua said. <4600> (2600/1000)
 
"Oh man, Kiama's gonna get messed up!!" someone from the crowd gasped.
"This is gonna be painful, if Aqua plays it right, Kiama could be seriously low on points!!"
 
"Now, I'll use Mobius to take out the Salmon at the cost of his own life." Aqua said.
Kiama watched helplessly as her strongest monster was obliterated. "Noooo...." she moaned.
"Hydrogeddon! Attack!" Aqua ordered.
Kiama's monster was revealed, Mother Grizzly. The bear put up little fight and was sent to the graveyard. "I activate my monster's effect! If she's destroyed in battle, I can special summon another water monster in attack position with 1500 attack or less. And I choose Neo-Aqua Madoor!!" she called as her mage appeared. (1400/3200 FE)
"Since Hydrogeddon destroyed a monster as a result of battle, another comes to my field." With that, the second Hydrogeddon appeared.
"I activate Zero Gravity!!" Kiama countered as all Aqua's attack monster's changed to defence.
"That's fine by me." Aqua said. "I end my turn."
 
Kiama drew. "I set one face-down and end." she said sadly, only her mage protecting her with his impressive wall of ice.
 
Aqua drew. "This will be fun." She said. "This monster is a new addition to my deck and one who satisfies it to boot." The water around aqua began to swirl and gush. "I'll tribute both my Hydrogeddon to summon the one I call King-Mist! Also known as Fog King!" The monsters vanished in a huge water typhoon, and appeared an armoured man, with a gold and white steel blade. (3800/0)
Kiama looked up at Aqua's new monster, trembling. "I...I don't like the look of him...." she stammered.
"Good, cause he's not here to play games." Aqua said.
 
The crowd was silent. "My god....." one whispered.
 
"This monster is special, despite being level 7; I could have tributed one monster, even no monsters to summon him. He is the combined strength of all those who were used to bring him to battle." Aqua explained. "Hence the 3600, and the extra 200 from the field. Now, destroy her defences!"
As Aqua's great monster charged at Kiama, she stared Aqua straight in the eye. "Negate Attack!" she called out as she activated her trap.
"Hm, could have been worse, okay then, that's all for now." Aqua said.
 
Kiama stared at her deck, fearful. 'I have to...' she thought to herself. 'Mitsuko built this deck, and I believe in Mitsuko....'
"I draw!!!" she called out. Looking at it, she smiled. "I play the spell card Soul Exchange. This lets me pick one monster on your side of the field and tribute it in place of my own, at the cost of my battle phase."
 
"Go on." Aqua said.
 
"I'll pick your king, and sacrifice him to summon my Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth!!!" The girls in the crowd squealed in disgust as the horrendous looking fish appeared. (3000/2400 FE) "But seeing as I can't attack, I'll end my turn." Kiama said, passing along.
 
Aqua drew. "Well, seems that your skills are up to standard, but I wonder how you'll take the physical damage of the tournament. I'll have to test this later."
"With my big brother behind me, I'll do it!!" Kiama said proudly.
"We will see." Aqua said. "I'll tribute the monster on my field for Suijin, and before anyone bitches about his level 7, a Legendary Ocean knocks the level down by 1, so say hello." A large gust of water covered Vortex Trooper and when it settled, Suijin was floating where he used to be. (2700/2600) "Anyway, I'll end my turn."
 
"I know that card!!" Kiama said as she drew. "I can't attack him. So I'll just set one card and end."
 
Aqua drew her card. "Well, I'll pass."
 
Kiama drew. "I'll activate the trap card Fruits of Kozaky's Studies, which lets me look at the top 3 cards on my deck and rearrange them in any order." Kiama looked at the 3 cards quickly, before putting them in the order she wanted. "You're move."
 
Aqua drew. "Hm...Now things get interesting." She said. "I'll first destroy A Legendary Ocean for my own Legendary Ocean." The waters were unaffected, but the underwater world vanished from Kiama's side over to Aqua's.
 
"What was the point in that?" someone in the crowd called out.
 
"Now, I'll tribute my Suijin to summon Levia-Dragon - Daedalus!" Aqua's Suijin exploded into a ball of water and from it, rose the great water dragon. (2800/1700 FE)
 
"I activate Jar of Greed!" Kiama said quickly, drawing another card.
 
"Now, by tributing MY Legendary Ocean, I can destroy EVERY card aside from my dragon that's on the field, since I only have Levia-Dragon, the damage is all yours." Aqua said, as the world of Legendary Ocean began to crumble. Kiama cried out as her monsters were washed away. "From what I see, nothing can save you from this blast! Attack Levia-Dragon! Take her life points!" With that, the now downgraded Daedalus attacked. (2600/1500)
 
Kiama was sent blasting backwards, sliding along the floor, crying in pain. Mitsuko stood to check to see if she was okay, but Mint held him back.
"You can't always protect her, Mitsuko..." the rabbit said softly.
 
Kiama stood, and glared angrily at Aqua.
"You'll regret that...." she growled softly. <1500>
"Let's see you recover first." Aqua replied, folding her arms. "My turn is over."
 
The crowd was gossiping amongst themselves.
"This duel is madness." One person said.
"She's a bigger bully than Alex was." Another spoke.
"She's mean..." A third said.
 
Kiama drew, and glared darkly at Aqua as the drops of water on her seemed to shake slightly. "Recover? You're the one who'll need to recover after this."
 
The crowd then realised something. "Wait a second! Why is Kiama flying all about the place and yet you've not taken a single bit of physical damage, even though Kiama's monster attacked you."
"Yeah! Seems unfair that Kiama is taking so much damage and hurting herself, and there you are scratch-less!" Another yelled, then began a riot against Aqua, who calmly ignored them.
 
"QUIET!!!!" Kiama yelled at the top of her lungs, shocking the crowd into a stunned silence. "It's my move."
"Ignore the crowd, if you can beat me, then beat me, cause if you don't be me now, I'll beat you next." Aqua said sternly.
 
"First, I summon Barrier Statue of the Torrent." (1000/1000) The strange looking creature, almost like an idol, appeared on the field. "Then, I play the spell card Creature Swap. We each pick one monster, and give control of it to the other duellist. Seeing as we only have one each, I'd say it's an easy choice." Aqua shrugged.
 
Muika walked out and over to the bench. "So, how's the duel going?" She asked in her usual calm tone.
"Kiama's been struggling, but she might actually pull it off." Mitsuko replied.
Kiama smiled as Aqua's dragon came to her side. "Okay, next, I'll play the spell card Ancient Rules, to special summon my Spiral Serpent to the field." (2900/2800) "And I'll activate Tribute to the Doomed, and discard one card from my hand to destroy your statue!" Kiama continued.
 
Aqua then took out a jug of water and opened it, pouring the contents of it into her hand, where it seemed to float and form into a large ball, as the statue exploded.
"My last move....." Kiama smiled, "....is to play this. Monster Reborn, to re-acquaint ourselves with an old friend. Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth!!" (2800/2200)
 
"I know you feel like overkill, but is it really necessary?" Aqua asked, with a sweat drop. The ball Aqua was holding in the air divided into three and span around her.
 
"I told you you'd regret it." Kiama said darkly. "Now my creatures, ATTACK!!!!"
 
The first monster attacked, and with added complaints from the crowd, Aqua took the first ball and formed a barrier around herself with it, negating any damage, though battle damage was still kicked into effect. 'Attacked by my own dragon, how degrading...' Aqua thought as the blast of Levia-Dragon died off. <2000> The second monster, Superancient Deepsea King attacked next, just in the nick of time, Aqua used the second orb to negate the effect of the blast, as her life was reduced to zero. <0> Aqua then looked as the spiral Serpent attacked and using the final orb, Aqua formed another barrier, however a little too late as she was shot across the floor.
 
After a short while, Aqua regained herself, lifted herself up, clutching her stomach. "Damn it..." She uttered.
"It's about time you got knocked down, freak!" Someone from the crowd yelled.
Kiama shook her head and ran up to Aqua and hugged her tightly. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry Aqua, I'm sorry, I'm sorry....." she said, bursting into tears. Mitsuko stood, and walked over to the pair.
 
Aqua let out a pained squeak as she looked down herself, blood trailing down her leg, passed her skirt. She looked at Kiama and smiled a little. "Don't worry about it; meanwhile, can someone call an ambulance...?" Mitsuko got out a mobile and immediately called for an ambulance.
 
The crowd walked over, investigating the situation. "So, what was with the flying water thing?"
"Why is she bleeding?" Another asked.
 
Aqua attempted to stand up, where water poured off of her, her image changing slightly, since her belly was bigger. She was unable to stand, so just sat instead, her legs either side of her bum.
 
"Okay, that's just bizarre, she wasn't like that before." A student said, sounding freaked.
"Illusion of water, interesting." Muika said.
 
"Aqua...you'll be okay? Right?" Kiama said, sniffling as she wiped her eyes. "I don't know why I was like that, it's just you said that I had to treat it like my life depended on it...."
"Have you ever been in contact with any dark spirits of any sort? Or is there a line of genetic darkness in your family?" Aqua asked Kiama and Mitsuko, she seemed fine. The ambulance pulled up outside and paramedics prepped and ran over.
 
Kiama shrugged. Mitsuko how-ever just turned around, looking quite dark all of a sudden. "It's a family thing....." he said quietly before he walked off. Mint backed away from Mitsuko a little, not knowing what just happened.
 
The paramedics came over and started questioning Aqua and investigating, as the crowd opened up a little. Aqua was escorted over to the Ambulance, but it didn't go to the hospital, Aqua was treated there. Mitsuko walked and sat under the shade of the umbrella and sighed a little. A voice from behind him spoke.
"Aqua better be okay."
Mitsuko didn't turn. "Nothing to do with me."
 
Hiei was sat on the other side of the bench, his back turned away from Mitsuko. His dress code had changed to the same uniform as the previous former Shadow Clan Members.
"Mitsuko, your name is, right? Do you still want to kill me?" Hiei asked.
Mitsuko shrugged. "Not really. You've got nothing I want anymore."
"Well...you have something I want..." Hiei said.
 
The lion sighed and turned around. "Enough of the games. Why are you here?"
"Kerin...." Hiei said. "Nazaruda has Kerin..."
Mitsuko laughed. "If you think I have anything to do with that wanker, you're mistaken. I want even less to do with him than I do with you!"
"..." Hiei didn't reply.
Mitsuko stood. "If you want your daughter, I suggest you go take that up with Nazaruda. Now if you'll excuse me, I have things to do." he started to walk off in the direction of town.
"Do you think I wouldn't help you...If Nazaruda took your little sister?" Hiei asked.
"As I recall, it was you fuckers that took her last time." Mitsuko barked over his shoulder.
 
"That was Jin, my orders stated not to touch anyone but the person he was targeting, it had nothing to do with me." Hiei said. "I won't make excuses, since that won't matter to you. I once thought my daughter was dead, killed when I was powerless to save her. I was powerless because I believed I could save her alone... I was mistaken and lost her that day, so I came...seeking for help."
Mitsuko sighed, and looked over to where Mint and Kiama were sitting, chattering away about something or another. He turned back to Hiei. "Alright. I don't know what help I can give you, but you have it anyway."
 
Hiei lowered his head. "I don't say this often, so savour it for it's worth....thanks." Hiei then stood. "Do me a favour, would you, as far as anyone is concerned, especially Aqua, I wasn't here." He then headed for the far wall, obviously where he'd come from.
Mitsuko shook his head. "This is probably going to haunt me....." Hiei then vanished, as Aqua walked, bump and all, over to Kiama.
 
"Kiama." Aqua started. "Mind if I talk to you for a minute."
Kiama smiled and nodded. "Sure!" she said happily as Mitsuko walked over and sat down next to Mint.
Aqua took a seat next to Kiama and took a deep breath. "What do you know of the Dark Tournament, as far as it's been explained so far?" She asked, both Kiama and Mitsuko. Mint gasped a little.
"Wait, Dark Tournament?" She asked.
Mitsuko looked at Mint curiously. "You've heard of it, Hun?" he asked.
 
"No, I have no idea, but..." Mint then searched her pockets and pulled out a device, and placed it on the table. "Some people gave this to me saying I was invited to the Dark Tournament..."
Kiama looked frightened. "Mint..." Mitsuko asked. "Can you duel?"
"I have my fare share, I guess..." Mint replied. "Though, I'm not very good."
"Well that settles it then." Kiama said, smiling up at Mitsuko, who nodded.
"We're all in this together." he added.
"The dark tournament is no fun...not at all, the monsters, the effects...everything is real." Aqua started. "People die from the shear pain inflicted on them...I myself have had my fare dealings of it. When I was duelling against Kai in the finals, something happened, victory was right there, but suddenly he turned, his monsters rose...He knocked me clean unconscious, broke my legs and my right arm, and even some of my rib bones. A little girl I knew died in the tournament...I'll never forget the fear on her face, when she was eaten by that...creature...
 
Anyway, Mitsuko, I believe you have the capability to stand up to the damages of the tournament, but Kiama will be flattened within seconds..." Aqua said. "So, that's why I've decided that I am going to train her."
Mitsuko nodded. "I agree. I've done what I can, but we're going into things that I have no idea about. I can't prepare her for what lies ahead."
"If you don't mind, I'd like to show you...just how bad things will be." Aqua said.
"Sure, give me your best shot." Mitsuko replied.
Aqua stood and walked to an open area of the park and activated her duel disk, she went through her deck and picked out the most "appropriate" cards. She slotted the cards she picked and waited for Mitsuko.
Mitsuko stood. "What exactly am I supposed to do here?"
"Just stand in the open area and prepare yourself." Aqua explained, as a strange ritual appeared around her. A black shadow then covered the grounds and the sky darkened.
Mitsuko crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow. "This has not been one of my better days." he sighed.
"The duel begins, you go first, but do nothing for some reason, and so, I summon Hydrogeddon and attack." Hydrogeddon appears and charges up, attacking Mitsuko. The lion watched with interest as Aqua's monster charged at him. As it got closer, he realised that it was no hologram. Just in time, he dodged the blow that would have probably ripped half his face off, yet the monster still left deep scratches down the right side of his face.
"Ouch, huh?" Aqua said. "I told you to prepare yourself..."
"I've had worse." Mitsuko replied as he watched the blood drip onto the ground.
"You skip your turn and I use Cost down to make Levia-Dragon Daedalus level 5, tribute Hydrogeddon and summon him." The dragon appeared again. "Attack!" Levia then sucked in and fired a lethal looking water blast at Mitsuko. "Keep in mind you have to take the blast in the tournament, you might want to block with all your might."
 
Mitsuko took a deep breath, and stood his ground as the blast of water hit him, pushing him back slightly as he grunted and pushed against the blast, his feet digging deeply into the concrete floor.
After the effect died out, Aqua watched him. "And how was that?" She asked.
Mitsuko brushed some water off his shoulder. "Just like a pleasant shower..."
"Hm, well, in that case, you skip again, so I can tribute my monster for Ocean Dragon Lord - Neo-Daedalus!" The monster then evolved into its strongest form. "Do you want to taste the power of this?" Aqua smiled sweetly. "It'll probably cause unfixable damage. After all, 100 attack points more and you could die from it. Hence the power of Blue eyes."
Mitsuko smiled. "Bring it...."
"Suit yourself. Attack!" Aqua said. Once again, Mitsuko braced himself, and held against the water, the powerful spray tearing into his clothes and the skin underneath it. Teeth grimaced in pain, shielding his eyes from the blast, Mitsuko still stood strong. "And how did that feel?"
 
Mitsuko looked down at himself. "Aqua....this was my favourite coat...."
"You said bring it. Anyway, now it's your turn." She said. "Summon whatever monster and attack me." She reset the disk, making the monster vanish. "Or are you scared to now that you know I'm with child?"
"I'm not scared. I just don't see the point in it. We all know how strong you are. No reason to risk your unborn just to prove it." Mitsuko replied.
"Hm, well, you saw my ability to negate the effects; I want to teach Kiama this." Aqua said.
"Fine....I summon Zanji." Mitsuko replied as his monster appeared. "Give the lady what she wants pal." Aqua took another bottle of water, poured it out so that it floated around her, and as the Samurai attacked, it shot around her like a tower, deflecting the attack. Then it died off. Aqua was without a scratch.
"I'm only 26 weeks, you know." She said, walking back over to the bench.
"Okay, let's try something with a little more bite then, if you feel up to it?" Mitsuko replied.
"I've proven my point. Besides, I'm out of water."
"Fair enough." Mitsuko replied. "Anyway, I have something to take care of. Look after Kiama for me." he kissed his sister and Mint on their cheeks then headed off into town.
 
~@~
 
Meanwhile, in Radical City, Suiv walked down the stairs of the large mansion, with a large sack over his back.
"Oi, old man! Where do you want this crap again?" He asked. A voice came from the kitchen.
"Out back!" Suiv then walked toward the back of the mansion as a young girl ran down.
"Suiv, where's Yuuichi run off to now? I can't find him anywhere! And he said he'd pick up another toy for me!"
"He's in Station Square, shut up..." Suiv said, going through a door.
"Oh my, sounds like it's still a rowdy in this house as it always has been." Said a soft voice from the front door, as a woman with an oversized orange dress walked in.
"Akahana!" The little girl cheered with delight as she ran over to give the woman a hug.
"Hello, Hamako, how are you?" Akahana asked.
"I'm fine, have you seen Yuuichi?"
"I only just got in the door, I have only seen you."
"He promised me a new toy..." Hamako moaned.
"I'm sure he will bring one if he promised." Akahana walked into the kitchen. "Hello, father."
"Ah, Akana-chan!" Her father walked over to give her a hug as she entered. "How've you been?!"
"I've been well."
 
Ayuki ran in through the front door, doing an aeroplane dance. "We're hooome!!"
"Where's Yuuichi?" The father, Hachiuma, asked. Yuuichi shortly follows in through the door, peering around to see who is around already.
 
Hamako ran over to Yuuichi and gripped his arm. "Where's my toy!" She cried out.
Yuuichi smiles down at Hamako, seeming to hold something behind his back now. "How much do you want it?"
"Awww...don't be mean!!" Hamako said, getting all teary eyed.
Suiv walked back into the room. "So, you arrived did you? What about Penelope, anything more, or were you again wasting everyone's time?" He asked, nastily as he walked in.
"Don't even start Suiv." Yuuichi glares at Suiv for a moment, before looking down at Hamako again, handing her a medium sized bag. "Here you go..I hope you like it."
Hamako took the bag, jumping up and down giggling. "Thank you!" She then ran off. Another rabbit walked out. "Hamako, you better not get carried away, Dinner will be soon."
"I won't!"
 
"Uguu~...Why did she get a toy and I didn't?" Ayuki asked.
"Because you don't exist, I expect." Suiv said, walking into the kitchen.
"Uguu~...That's mean!!" Ayuki said, water building in her eyes
"Hey...don't listen to him Ayuki." Yuuichi then walked to Ayuki "Maybe you do have something, why don't you check around for it?"
"Yay!!" Ayuki then ran into the depths of the house.
"You'd think she and Hamako are twins with the way they act..." Another voice said, coming through the door, a nerdy looking rabbit with round glasses.
"Oh, Chiyoko, good evening." Akahana said.
"Just pretend I'm invisible, I'm going to find something to scribble on...later." With that, Chiyoko walked off into the house as well.
 
The father walked out of the kitchen with some human maids, all holding a dish each. "Dinner is ready." He said.
 
The ones present reached their seats around the oversized table. The mother had gone off in search of the ones not present and brought Hamako down, but sat without looking for Ayuki. However, Ayuki came charging in, still looking pointlessly as she noticed the table and went to take her seat. A baby was placed in a baby seat, where he giggled excitably.
"Looks like you forgot someone..." a voice came from the door. A figure stood there, wrapped in a dark black cloak that covered him completely except for his face, which had a dull steel mask covering the left side. "Or was I not invited?"
"Oh, hello dear." The mother said.
"We didn't forget you." The father barked. "It's not our fault you never answer your phone or anything."
"And if the choice was mine, you wouldn't be invited." Suiv said, walking in.
 
Kazuhiko pulled a seat to the table. "Well we didn't exactly part on the best of terms....and if I had my choice Suiv, you'd be dead already, so I suggest you be a good boy and pipe down."
"Hah, like a pipsqueak like you has any say over my life, listen here you brat, I don't care who you think you are, I can beat you in just about any form so..."
"Oh boys, please, be civil!" Cried Akana-chan.
"Yes, take your damn seats and shut up!" Hachiuma barked.
"Why can't we have normal boys in this family?" Chiyo asked herself. She looked at the baby. "You have no chance of being normal."
"Yes -father-" Kazuhiko said with such venom he almost turned into a snake. "Just don't forget Suiv, the reason I wear this blasted mask was saving your skin, you ungrateful mother fu-"
"ENOUGH!" The father put his foot down. "I swear! If you two do not..."
"I never asked for your help!" Suiv barked. "If Akirik wasn't always getting herself into trouble, it never would have happened, in saving me, you let her die!" Suiv fought back, a rage appearing in him, as a blood vassal popped out of his head.
Yuuichi suddenly bursts out, slamming his hands off the table "Shut the hell up now! This is a time we should be uniting, not trying to kill each other! Don't you think we have suffered enough?!"
Kazuhiko stood from the table. "I knew this was a stupid idea. 5 years certainly wasn't enough time to be away."
"Please, just sit down..." The mother cried out. "Just...sit down...all of you."
 
After a long silence, everything was seemingly calm again; everyone was at the table at least.
"So how's Penelope? I heard what happened." Kazuhiko asked.
"She's just came to earlier...she has allot of memory loss...but still doesn't mind being bitchy." Yuuichi replies to Kazuhiko.
"She's as mean as ever..." Ayuki pouted.
"Same old Pen..." Kazuhiko muttered.
 
"Speaking of which, Yuuichi managed to lose himself the Blue eyes white dragons, two of them at least." Suiv placed the cards on the table.
"I saw." Kazuhiko said, eyeing the cards briefly. "Although, he put up a hell of a fight against that Mitsuko guy. Maybe he could give you some pointers Suiv, from what I've heard you still can't duel yourself out of a paper bag."
"I've beaten you enough, you shit head." Suiv snapped.
"So, um...How's Ayuki since the accident?" Akahana asked. "I know it's been two years, but I'm worried about her."
"Uguu~... I'm fine...." Ayuki replied.
Kazuhiko stood and placed his knife and fork on the plate. "Excuse me, I have things to attend to. This has been a pleasure, as always." he said coldly.
"Wait, what..? Sit down you!" The father ordered.
He then sighed. "Fine, begone, you disowned yourself anyway, ungrateful brat."
"Oh son, please stay..." The mother pleaded.
"A good thing that stupid boy Ayuki hung around with is gone now, so careless..." The father said.
Kazuhiko turned, and looked at his father with a rare look of amusement. "Really? Funny, I saw Kiros just the other day....."
"Bah, he'll never know the damage he caused this family!"
Ayuki perked up. "You saw Kiros?!"
Yuuichi seems to stand on the instant of hearing Kiros' name. "Where did you see him?"
"Don't bother going postal on the brat, Yuuichi, it's not like you can change the past, what's done is done." Suiv said.
Kazuhiko smiled at Ayuki, the only member of the family who he seemed to care about. He knelt down in front of her. "Yeah Ayuki, I did. He looks good." he then stood and turned to Suiv and Yuuichi, his usual emotionless expression on his face. "And if you couldn't beat Mitsuko, I doubt you'd even lay a scratch on Kiros. And even you, Suiv, as -competent- a duellist you may think yourself to be, would be flattened by him."
 
Suiv then burst into laughter. "That's funny, then again, you must be the one with experience on the matter, what did he do? Kick your ass? Wouldn't surprise me." Suiv then stood. "You know what, fine; you stay with this...freak of a family. I have better things to do with my time than waste it with this rabble." Suiv then walked out, before anyone could complain and slammed the front door on his way out.
 
Kazuhiko sighed. "When that fool returns, tell him that it wasn't me that you forgot to invite....."
Akahana placed her face in her hands. "Ever since Ayuki had that fall, he's been like this"
"I said I'm fine. Don't cry..." Ayuki said to her sister.
"What do you mean, son?" The father asked.
 
"Tell him the bastard forgot to invite Akirik...." Kazuhiko said, smiling as he too walked out, closing the door behind him. Ayuki got up and chased after Kazuhiko.
"You can't invite the dead to a dinner party..." Chiyoko sighed.
Hamako looked back and forth. "What just happened?" She asked.
"The same as last time..." The mother sighed.
"This is exactly why I prefer not spending time with most of this family...it always ends in hell." Yuuichi then also wanders out.
Ayuki ran after Kazuhiko, but the minute she got outside, he'd disappeared. Looking around for a while, she sighed sadly before walking back into the house. “Uguu~...” Yuuichi clashes into Ayuki as she's walking back into the house, but not with enough force to knock her over, he then looks at her.
"Sorry Ayuki.."
"Uguu!~..." Ayuki moaned, rubbing her nose. "That hurt..."
"Heh...I wasn't really taking any notice of were I was going...guess it's what happens after we have sh-....bad get together like that."
Yuuichi then lowers himself a little. "Did you find your present, though?"
"Uguuuu~...No...." Ayuki said, tears building in her eyes.
"Hm...Why don't you check behind you?" Yuuichi smiles a little.
"Uguu?" Ayuki then turned around completely, looking around. "Where?"
Ayuki turned around again. "Uguu! You know I don't like it when you put things on my back!" Ayuki moaned. "I never think to look there."
She then looked at him again. "What is it?"
"You will just have to find out yourself." Yuuichi then hands her the box.
Ayuki then shook the box, trying to listen to what was inside. "What is it?"
Yuuichi then stands up fully again. "Go to your room and open it, I like my ears working." He then grins a little.
Ayuki then ran off with the package. "Thank you!" she called out as she vanished up the stairs.
 
~@~
 
Back in the city things were rather calm to usual, the odd duel going on around but something that was noticeable was a rather elegant Rabbit running through the streets, wearing a rather long red dress and seeming in a hurry.
"Excuse me young miss, but I wonder if I could have a moment of your time?" A hooded figure approached her, the robes tattered and worn, in parts showing the wrinkled skin of an old man.
 
The rabbit suddenly stopped, nearly flying over her own feet, and after she regained her composure she looked at the hooded figure. "Huh?"
The old man pulled down the hood, showing a twisted, scarred face. "You are a duellist are you not?"
The rabbit started brushing her ears back with her hands and the hair over her head, seemingly a little messed up from the running. "Yup, an actor as well." The rabbit smiles, trying to hide what she thought about that man's face.
 
"There is a great evil coming, one which threatens the very existence of this world.....I can help you become powerful enough to fight it..."
"Um.." The rabbit thought about it for a moment. "Sure? But I don't see why I stuck out to you."
"I can see potential as easily as you can breathe." The old man replied. "And I can unlock it, with a little effort, and make you a far more formidable duellist than you could ever dream."
 
"Don't trust him..." a voice came from behind them. The old man jumped, and tried to back away, but Mitsuko had already grabbed him and thrown him into the wall. "You and I have a lot to discuss old man." the lion growled menacingly.
The rabbit looks at them confused, a little scared. "Huh? What did he do? He seems like a nice man..."
 
"I...I don't know what you mean...." the old man stammered as Mitsuko held him against the wall by the throat. "You give my sister back what you stole. The deal was with me, she had nothing to do with it!" The old man began to choke as Mitsuko tightened his grip. "I won't hesitate to kill you now for what you've done....." the lion growled.
"Hey...don't hurt him, I'm sure if you reason he will happily give it back, there's no need for that." The rabbit tries to cool Mitsuko down.
"Back off!!" Mitsuko barked as the old man's eyes rolled back into his head as he lost consciousness. The lion dropped him.
 
The rabbit trips back as Mitsuko yells, falling back onto her bum, just looking over at him.
"If I were you, I'd get out of here. And from now on, don't listen to weird old men offering you promises of power. The price is too high to pay." Mitsuko said to her while looking down at the old man. "Foolish woman...."
"Hey! Who do you think you are calling me foolish.." The rabbit slowly stands, brushing off the back off her dress. "He seemed nice enough, not everyone is bad."
"Idiot woman!!" Mitsuko growled. "Did you think he was going to give you power for nothing?!" The rabbit falls back again as he shouts, some tears gathering in her eyes.
 
"Foolish mortal....the darkness is gathering....you are powerless to stop it...." the old man laughed darkly from his spot on the ground. Mitsuko rolled his eyes, and kicked the old man in the chest so hard there was a loud crack, and the old man gasped as his eyes became sightless, and as his last breath left his lungs, dozens of orbs of light came from one of his pockets and flew into the air. One headed for Mitsuko, but he caught it in midair and crushed it, fine dust falling to the ground. The rabbit blinks as this happens, a few tears down her face. "You seem like the bad one to me...how do I know you won't do anything?" Mitsuko said nothing, didn't even look at the woman, just turned and walked off, his black coat trailing behind him.
 
"Hey!!" The rabbit yells after Mitsuko, standing up.
Mitsuko stopped. "What now?" he threw over his shoulder.
 
The rabbit quickly brushes off her dress again, it looking a little marked now, she then runs over to Mitsuko. "You seem all up with yourself...beating up old men and beating down on woman, how about a little duel?"
 
The lion turned, looking furious. "Let's get something straight here. That bastard dealt in souls, he was going to take a portion of yours in return for that power you wanted, and I never laid a hand on you, so don't get all damn high and mighty!!"
 
"For one, if he even touched me like that he would have known it, and two; and you were extremely mean to me, stop shouting!"
"Stupid woman..." Mitsuko muttered and walked off again.
"No surprise there...Acting all hard then afraid to fight a lil' old woman like me."
"Afraid?" Mitsuko stopped. "I'm not afraid of anything, least of all you. There's just nothing to gain from it."
"Uh-huh, I bet you don't even know who I am, and of course you're not afraid." The rabbit smiles sweetly.
"Fine..." Mitsuko sighed, turning to face the woman, his armour duel-disk sliding down his arm, his deck already slotted. "Let's see if your deck can match your mouth."
 
"You're the one that's mouthing off to me you might find..." The rabbit then seems to kneel down and get something that's attached to her leg, which then extends into an extremely decorated duel disk, attaching it to her arm, followed by getting her deck from around her thigh in a small pouch, slotting it in.
 
"I'll make the first move." Mitsuko said as he drew six cards. "I play the spell card Six Samurai United. I then summon Spirit of the Six Samurai (500/500) and gain a token for my spell card. Then, as I have 1 Six Samurai on the field, I can special summon Grandmaster of the Six Samurai (2100/800) and gain a second token for my spell card, which I will tribute to draw 2 more cards. I then equip my Grandmaster with Spirit, giving him an extra 500 points (2600/1300) and set 2 face-downs, ending my move."
 
The rabbit draws her card. "So you know...I'm called Mana." Mana then smiles sweetly. "I summon my marauding captain." (1200/400) "Do you know his effect?"
 
Mitsuko sighed. "Of course I do. While he's on the field, I can't select another warrior type monster on your field as a target. And now you've summoned him, you can special summon a level 4 or lower warrior from your hand. Such a common card."
 
Mana smiles again as another Marauding captain appears on the field. "Maybe, but finding someone who knows how to use it is a different thing."
Mitsuko laughed. "So now I can't attack either. Not a bad move, for an amateur anyway."
"Hm...Keep thinking that to yourself, hun." Mana grins a little. "I place two facedowns, and end."
 
Mitsuko drew. "Alright, let's see now....Yeah, I think this will do. I activate Swiftstrike Armor, but more on that later. Next, I'll set another face-down and special summon The Great Shogun Shien to the field." (2500/2400) "I'll equip him with Legendary Ebon Steed to give him a small point boost (2700/2400) and end my turn."
 
Mana draws her card. "I think I will summon my Queen's knight to the field." (1500/1600) Mana smiles as her Queen appears behind the two Captains' "She deserves to be protected..of course, I now end."
 
Mitsuko drew, and immediately a monster was summoned. "Well, isn't that nice, say hello to Yaichi (1300/800), and say goodbye to one of your face-downs." The bowman fired an arrow at Mana's left face-down, destroying it.
"Hm...some sacrifices have to be made for an empire."
"Empire? Sounds like delusions of grandeur to me." Mitsuko scoffed. "Your move."
 
Mana drew "Well...I think it's time I reunited my Queen with her King, so I summon King's knight to the field." King's knight appears standing next to Queen's knight, behind the captains. (1600/1400) "Know what happens when these two unite?" Mana smiles sweetly
"You get Jack's Knight."
"Yup, so say hello to her last guard." Jack's knight then appears next to the queen and king. "And...I think he will start his duty, jacks knight, attack his archer." (1900/1000)
Mitsuko smiled. "I think my Negate Attack will be just perfect here." he said as Jack's Knight was sent flying back to Mana's side of the field.
"I end then, my people can wait."
 
Mitsuko drew, and another monster appeared suddenly, the Six Samurai Zanji (1800/1300) "Well, my army is growing. And by playing Reinforcements of the Army, to bring Nisashi to my hand, it grows even stronger." Mitsuko said as Nisashi appeared on the field next to Zanji and the others. (1400/700)
 
"Hm...Looks like we both have a full field now." Mana smiles sweetly.
"Thanks to my Swiftstrike Armor, which lets me special summon any monster I draw, correct. How-ever, it won't be like that for long, your soldiers can't stand up to the power of my samurai!!"
"Overdramatic much.." Mana mutters under her breath.
"I heard that." Mitsuko said. "Although unluckily for you, it isn't just drama. Yaichi, destroy her face-down!!"
"Hm...Think you have the advantage because my spell and trap zone is empty now?" Mana's card was destroyed as the arrow hits.
"You haven't seen anything yet." Mitsuko replied. "I equip my Nisashi with Lightning Blade, which gives him and extra 800 points, although any water monsters on the field lose 500, (Nisashi 2200/700) (Yaichi 800/800) and I play Book of Moon on your Marauding Captain to turn him face-down. I'll let you pick which one."
"You will regret that..." Mana glares a little as one of her captains disappear.
 
"We'll see. Great Shogun Shien, attack her face-up Marauding Captain!!" Mana covers her eyes as her Captain is destroyed <6500>
"Now, Nisashi, destroy her King's Knight and Jack's Knight!!!" Mitsuko's samurai leapt forward and slashed through both Manas' creatures before returning to his comrades. Mana keeps her eyes covered as the King and Jack is both destroyed <5600>
"Now Grandmaster, destroy her precious Queen!!" Mana moves her arms from her face as her Queen is destroyed <4500> "Didn't you ever learn to be nice to girls?"
 
"You challenged me remember? Now, because Grandmaster destroyed a monster while equipped with Spirit, I can draw another card." Mitsuko said as he drew. "Hmm, not bad, this'll come in handy for later. Now Zanji, destroy her face-down Captain and empty her field!!"
Mana's eyes seem to start watering as her last monster is destroyed. "Yup...guess I was right, you're just a stuck up guy."
"If you think your opinion matters to me, then you're a fool. Make your move, this duel is boring me and I have things to do." Mitsuko growled.
Mana seems to suddenly stop crying as Mitsuko finished talking. "Fine then." Mana then draws her card. "I set a monster and throw a face down." Mana then waves her hand, seeming rather annoyed at his attitude.
 
Mitsuko drew. "Another face-down? Yaichi, target practice." he said as his bowman fired off a shot.
"Not quite." Mana smiles, the card already seemed to of disappeared before Yaichi had the chance to fire.
"Explain?" Mitsuko seemed a little annoyed. "Disappearing cards aren't something you come across every day."
"It's called activating them before you have a chance, just look." A Rather large Egyptian looking beast seems to appear on the field, standing tall. "Say hello to my Mystical Knight of the jackal." (2700/1200)
Mitsuko laughed. "I see, not bad. Shame he won't last all that long."
"Just continue...I'm sick of your attitude."
"As you wish. Zanji, take care of her monster." Mitsuko's samurai rushed forward, charging at Mana's powerful creature. Mana watches as Zanji's attack is repelled, but as he falls backwards, it is Yaichi who takes the hit and is destroyed. <7100>
 
"Shame about Yaichi, but his sacrifice was not in vain." Mitsuko said as Mana's statue began to crack, before being destroyed.
"Pff.." Mana sighs
"Now Shogun Shien, attack her face-down." Mana watches as Queen's knight appears, before being destroyed shortly after.
"Now Nisashi, attack her directly, and end this duel." Mana falls back as she is struck twice, sliding back along the floor a little, ripping can be heard of her dress. <100>
"I guess I was a little off. No matter, Grandmaster, your turn." Mana whines a little as she is struck <0> Mitsuko deactivates his duel disk and walks off without another word.
"Scum..." Mana mutters, checking her dress which is ripped down the back allot.