Sonic X Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic Duels: The Shadow Clan Saga! ❯ Battle at New Prison Island! ( Chapter 28 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 28: Battle at New Prison Island!
 
Kazuhiko stood on the roof of one of the tallest buildings in the city. He watched the people below through his mechanical eye implanted under his mask. He tapped his temple gently. “Kazuhiko to all teams....report."
Tokimi and a Silver echidna appeared behind him.
"You called?" Tokimi asked.
"Astro-projection, I'm not here." Tokimi said. "Rexchus are in the station."
"I've also been looking for possible recruitment candidates." The echidna replied. "I've been following someone for a while now who exceeds in skill and should be taken into consideration."
Kazuhiko nodded and turned his attention to the station. "Very well. Bring this person to me. In the meantime, I want the Rexchus followed, but make sure they don't see you, I want to know exactly where they're going."
"Getting this cat to you is easier said than done." The echidna replied. Tokimi vanished, as the echidna stayed.
Kazuhiko sighed. "What could they be up too......" he muttered as he watched the Rexchus exit the station. "Mikuru!"
Mikuru narrowed her eyes. "Yes?"
Kazuhiko turned. "I want the cat here. I have a bad feeling that things will soon be turning for the worse."
"I'll do my best, but don't expect much..." Mikuru the leaped over the side of the building and took off on a dragon.
 
Mariko walked over, appearing out of nowhere. "You had a fight with your family again didn't you?" She asked, sweetly.
Kazuhiko sighed. "Am I that transparent Mariko?"
"My false eye lets me see many things, but you're easy to read without it." Mariko stood next to him. "You take your problems out on the girls, when you fight with them."
"If they just did as they were ordered without question, then there wouldn't be a problem." Kazuhiko replied coldly.
Mariko sat on the roof, her legs going over the side. "You're really blind, aren't you?" She said. "Those girls follow your every order with flying colours, they don't question your orders often, yet you seem pissed because Mikuru is finding it difficult to properly approach Honey the Cat." Mariko looked up at Kazuhiko. "Why don't you settle your family matters once and for all, by duelling?"
 
Kazuhiko just stared down at the streets below. "Because it will never be settled. Win or lose, it won't solve anything...." He turned. "Mariko, I want you to find someone for me...."
"Go on."
"His name is Kiros. Tell him that he has a chance to make up for his past."
"The Gladiator?" Mariko asked. "I see." Mariko stood and turned, walking toward the door, she stopped momentarily. "Oh...Just thought I'd let you know..." She turned around. "I found the building where your sister is being held."
 
"It wasn't easy, but she's being held in the New Prison Island." Mariko said. "Since you told me all my previous orders were negated due to this search, i made my way over there...It's so built up with security it isn't funny..."
Kazuhiko nodded. "Thank you Mariko. You've done well. Now, find me Kiros, and find him soon!" Mariko then left the roof through the doorway to the stairs.
"Akirik...." Kazuhiko clenched his fist, before smashing it into the floor. "I won't fail you again....."
 
A crackle was heard in his ear piece. "Kazuhiko, I failed, they spotted me. I'm being taken prisoner." Tokimi said, though didn't really seem panicked.
"Continue relaying your position as long as possible. We'll come get you when a chance arises." Kazuhiko replied calmly.
"Heh, you think I'm really that careless? I have followed them to what appears to be some underground laboratory, I'm in the air vents...seems they're performing experiments in here, this could be the place that they've taken the leader of Necrophade's daughter." Tokimi explained.
Kazuhiko thought for a moment. "Good work Tokimi. Now I need you to stay as their prisoner for the time being. We can't risk alerting them to the fact that we know where they are."
"You really think I've been taken prisoner, huh?" Tokimi giggled. "I've memorised the front door passcode as 842735982."
Kazuhiko growled. 'And Mariko wonders why I get pissed off with them....' he thought to himself. "I suppose you think that's funny, do you Tokimi? Well how's this. Do something like that again, and the only thing you'll be doing is cleaning the urinals at Kaiba-Corp Headquarters. Do we understand each other?"
Tokimi sighed. "Uh huh." The transmission cut out as Tokimi disconnected.
 
"Boss, the cat refuses to follow me to you." Mikuru said on intercom.
Kazuhiko sighed. "Alright Mikuru, just tell her that if she's interested to ask about me at Kaiba-Corp. If she won't come, I don't want her forced."
"As you wi..."
"Kaiba-Corp?! You work for Kaiba!" A loud voice yelled. "I've changed my mind, why didn't you say so."
"But I did...never mind...Seems she's changed her mind, I'll be over shortly, i hope..." Mikuru said.
Kazuhiko sighed and looked up at the sky. "I bet you think this is funny....." he muttered to himself. "Just wait till I get up there....."
"Seems those idiots have been giving you the run around...I told you, you couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery..." Said a familiar voice from behind him.
"Something you want? Or are you just here to annoy me?" Kazuhiko growled.
"Odd, to think you'd be happy that I've come all the way to see you, -brother-." Penelope pushed herself over via the wheelchair she was in. "Seriously, bro...Stop taking your own problems out on everyone else, it's depressing. So, can I get the details on what's been going on since my so called accident?"
"You want answers, go talk to Suiv or Yuuichi. I don't have time to deal with any of you." He turned, and took off his mask, revealing his burnt, scarred, and distorted part of his face. "They don't want to know me, and I don't want to know them. So go make nice with -your- family, and let me be." he replaced his mask, and turned back to the street. "Mariko, and word on Kiros?"
Penelope looked a little hurt. "You seem to forget that I am also a part of your team....so be it, up yours, -bro-" Penelope then turned around and wheeled herself toward the door.
Mariko replied. "Was that Penelope? Shouldn't be up yet, odd...I have located Kiros under his usual bridge."
"Bring him to me." Kazuhiko ordered. He turned to where Penelope had been just a minute before. "I'm sorry Penelope......." he muttered.
"By the way, have you been neglecting my daughters?" Mariko asked.
Kazuhiko was taken aback. "Explain?"
"My daughters, Zuki and Riu. Apparently they've not received any jobs recently, are they still being punished for abandoning their mission to take on their own personal matters?"
"Anyone who can't follow orders is a danger to themselves and the team Mariko. I won't have people working under me who I can't trust." Kazuhiko replied.
"Well, that's your loss in that case, the girls are talented, anyway, I'm approaching Kiros now, over and out." With that, she cut off.
Kazuhiko sighed. "Women....too damned emotional for their own good..."
 
Mariko walked over to Kiros. "Excuse me, young Gladiator, I believe we met in the market place. I've been sent to give you a message."
Kiros looked up. "Yeah? What message?"
"You have the chance to atone for your past." Mariko replied.
Kiros stood. "I'm in." he said. "What do I gotta do?"
"You don't even know what bit..." Mariko giggled. "Follow." With that, she turned off and headed off in the direction she came.
Kiros followed, slotting his deck. 'No harm in being prepared.' he thought to himself.
 
On top of the bridge, Kai narrowed his eyes. "What are they up to now....?" He asked himself.
Kylia walked over. "Thanks for waiting, here's your ice cream!"
 
Mariko walked up onto the bank, keeping her special sense on Kiros behind her, to make sure he's still following. "So, do you have any idea what it is you're making up for?" She asked, making small talk.
"I know exactly what it is." Kiros replied.
"Care to share?"
"Not really." Kiros replied. "I don't talk about it."
"Oh..."
'So much for small talk.' she thought.
He sighed. "If you must know....I nearly killed someone I loved..."
"Hm, I see..." Mariko thought. "But you didn't, that's the main thing, right?"
"That doesn't make it better....."
"I wouldn't think that way, but oh well." Mariko shrugged.
 
After a long walk, the two arrived at the building, as they made their way up to the roof, they arrived to see Mikuru with Honey on the roof.
"It appears we both accomplished our jobs." Mariko giggled.
"Indeed..." Mikuru replied.
Kiros looked around. "Okay, now I'm confused. Am I meant to make up for what I did by jumping myself?"
"My orders were to bring you here, it's up to him." Mariko replied.
 
Kazuhiko turned. "Don't worry Kiros, if I wanted you dead, you would be. No, you're here because I need your...skills...as it were." he turned to Honey. "And you my dear, are here because you are exactly what my team needs."
"Oh really?" Honey asked slyly.
"What of us?" Mikuru asked, referring to her and Mariko. "Shall we leave?"
 
Kazuhiko thought for a moment. "Take Honey with you. She'll accompany you on your next task; I want to know how she does."
"Hey! Wait a minute! What exactly will I be doing?!" Honey asked in protest.
"You're on trial, if you succeed, you'll work with us under Kaiba." Mariko replied.
"Hmm....I see...well, I guess I got nothing better to do." Honey said.
"What's our next mission?" Mariko asked Kazuhiko.
 
"Take Honey and scout out the location Tokimi found. She should be on her way back, so I'll leave the rendezvous to you. I want radio silence until you arrive, then reports every five minutes. I want to know exactly what kind of security we're dealing with."
"Deadly work for a new kid..." Mikuru asked. "We're on our way." With that, the three girls left the boys to it.
 
Kazuhiko turned his back on Kiros. "Do you know who I am?" he asked. Kiros shook his head.
"Then all you need to know is that you have a chance to redeem yourself after what happened to Ayuki."
"How do you know about Ayuki?" Kiros demanded. Kazuhiko turned.
"It doesn't matter. All that does matter is that you can help me now."
Kiros hung his head. "What do I have to do......?”
 
~@~
 
Pegasus took a sip from his tea. "So, Rexchus has gone to prison Island to free an old friend, it's a good thing I sent my team to sort out the mess they'd make, it'd be such a shame if Rexchus were to get away with what they're doing." He spoke to himself, as he stood and walked to the window.
"You're a fool if you think that was our main objective, Pegasus..." Pegasus shot around.
"Why, Nazaruda-boy, what a pleasant surprise, what brings you to my company?" Pegasus asked. Nazaruda was holding a large blood stained sword, he walked over toward Pegasus.
"Heh, for someone who used to see so much with that Millennium eye you used to have, you sure are blind not to see this coming."
Nazaruda then pushed his sword into Pegasus's gut.
"Illustrial Illusions belongs to me now, so say goodbye, Pegasus J. Crawford!" Nazaruda lifted the pained Pegasus on his sword and then yanked the sword out, followed by a swift painful kick, throwing Pegasus through the large glass windows to the tree's below.
A small girl with a white hat on, with two mechanical peices coming from it and what looked like folded metallic wings on her back walked in, she resembled Kerin almost perfectly.
"Quatre...Use whatever you can find in this place to put our plan to action." The girl nodded and began her search.
Tokimi was stood outside the location of where she'd found the lab, Mariko, Mikuru and Honey had all arrived. "So, what can you tell us of security?"
"The air vents are surprisingly ignored, best point of entry, I've seen laser holsters, machinegun-camera surveillance...Armed guards...Whatever is down here clearly is something someone doesn't want someone to find out about. Security is top notch." Tokimi explained. Naturally, this went directly to Kazuhiko's ears. "Rexchus walked right through, so this place clearly belongs to them."
"How far do you think you can get it through the vents?" Kazuhiko asked.
"Unsure...fifty or sixty percent of the compound, I'd imagine, it's underground, so ventilation is pretty required if they want to live down there, not to mention how hot it must get."
 
"I want you to see how far you can get. I want as accurate a picture of the facilities layout as possible. I'll be out of contact for a while, Kiros and I are about to reach Prison Island. Don't do anything stupid, its reconnaissance, not war. Remember that!"
 
"I did notice that every half an hour they close the vents down and insert a deadly toxin through before purifying and reopening them...which must be the vents defence system, other than that, it's pretty much plain sailing..." Tokimi added.
 
"......." There was no reply from Kazuhiko.
"Well, looks like he's gone." Tokimi said. "Let's go."
 
~@~
 
"So, why are we here?" Kiros asked as he and Kazuhiko swam to the island.
"Because someone is being held here that we are going to free." Kazuhiko replied.
"WHAT?!?!" Kiros spluttered before swallowing a mouthful of water. "Ack!!" he choked. "We're helping a prisoner escape?!"
"Not quite." Kazuhiko sighed. "This place isn't just a prison, it's a research centre. There's a test subject that I want"
"Oh, fair enough..." Kiros said. "So, why do you need me?"
"Because of your past. I need someone who can slip in and out unseen once we take over the security post."
The pair climbed the small rock wall that surrounded the island. Within half an hour, they had infiltrated the prison, and had taken the security centre.
"Okay...The subject is here." Kazuhiko motioned on the monitor to Kiros as he was handed a radio headset. "Take this; I'll keep you updated on the movement of the guards. And be careful!"
"No problem!" Kiros winked as he left. "I hope this goes well....Akirik, I won't leave without you.." Kazuhiko muttered as he focused his attention on the monitors. Kazuhiko couldn't help but notice a shadow movement on the cameras. Also, 3 of the rooms had already been infiltrated and the guards dead in some and unconscious in others.
 
"Kiros, be careful...it's looks like we're not the only ones here."
"Tell me about it....this place is like a ghost-town!" came the reply. "I don't know what's going on, but I'm going to head to the target as quickly as possible..."
 
In the room holding Akirik some members of Rexchus could be seen approaching the frozen pod, as well as some dying guards.
Before reaching the pod, they turned around, as Hiei appeared on screen with 2 others from his old Shadow Clan.
"Necrophade Black...." Kazuhiko whispered. "Kiros, stay out of sight. Let them fight it out, if we're lucky, you can grab the target without being noticed." Hiei then turned to look at the camera and grinned, almost as if he was looking right at Kazuhiko. Unfortunately, the camera's had no sound, so it was visual only.
"Oh crap..." Kazuhiko muttered. "Kiros, stay where you are, I'm heading down there now!"
 
Meanwhile, down at the room, Hiei had just imbedded his sword into the Rexchu's grunt, the other backed away as Seifa growled angrily. Noretu then began attempting to summon his earth power, but because they were nowhere out of range of any nearby earth, it was useless. Hiei killed off the other grunt and put his sword away.
"Jin, go and greet our new friends." Hiei ordered. Jin, who was supposed to be dead, turned and walked down the hall, leaving Hiei with Rufus. 'As talented as Kaiba's team is, nothing escapes my eye.' Hiei thought to himself. "Now, which one of you dies first?"
 
Jin walked through the halls, looking up and down for Kiros and Kazuhiko. "Hm..." He uttered under his breath. "Looking for me?" Kiros asked from behind him. As Jin turned, Kiros uppercutted him, knocking him flat on his back as Kazuhiko injected him with a sedative. "Nice punch."
"Thanks. I owed him that." Kiros replied. "I don't think the other's will go down so easily though...."
Rufus came walking down the path, holding two shotguns, imbedded with two large blades, he stopped walking to study the two. "Jin doesn't fall easily, I'm impressed. What does Kaiba want with this place and why are you attacking us?" He asked.
Kazuhiko stepped forward. "We just want one of the test subjects. We don't want any trouble with the Necrophades, but he didn't look like he would just simply let us go." he pointed at the now snoring Jin.
"Well, since you assaulted us, i don't think i can let you passed." Rufus said, lifting his guns into offensive positions. He was armed for long range and short range combat, fighting him would not be easy in such a narrow lane.
Hiei walked out, his overly sized blade drenched in blood. "Easy Rufus...this place was obviously a decoy..." He said. Rufus put his guard down and watched the two. "Long time no see, Kiros." Hiei said. "Then again, can I really say that?"
 
Suddenly, there was a loud explosion from behind Necrophades, as they turned; Muri was stood there with a large colourful barrier surrounding her, as Nazaruda appeared.
"Looks like we were a little late to the party, Muri." Muri's eyes were different, almost blank, like she had no control over herself. The barrier was blocking the door.
Kiros walked forward. "As much as I hate to say this Hiei, but we might need to work together on this one...."
"Honestly, I'd prefer it that way." Hiei replied. Nazaruda laughed.
"I'll let Muri take care of you all." He said, before heading to the frozen Akirik.
Muri began to walk forward, the three chains of hers dragging along the ground, she walked just before the door, just inside the barrier and put her hand through.
"AKIRIK!!!" Kazuhiko yelled as he barged past the others and ran towards Nazaruda. Muri sent a blue blast out toward the oncoming Kazuhiko. Kiros dived forward and took the blast for Kazuhiko as the cloaked rabbit reached the force field.
 
"As I thought..." Hiei uttered. "She's not herself, she's completely at his mercy...that bastard, and we can't hurt her because she's innocent, yet if we don't, she'll probably kill us." Muri looked up at Kazuhiko and stepped back behind the barrier, making sure he couldn't touch her. Nazaruda opened the pod, as it slowly allowed her to defrost, and lifted up. Inside was a black and white rabbit, wearing what appeared to be military trousers, large brown boots and a long white trench coat. She opened her eyes slowly as she was awoken. Akirik stretched and looked around. Hiei and Rufus sweat-dropped.
"She...has a fierce kick..." Hiei said.
"Akirik!!" Kazuhiko ran over to her. Nazaruda came out of the wall, pissed.
"That...wasn't...very...nice...bitch..." He said, drawing the sword in which he stabbed Pegasus with. Muri did her thing and wondered out the way. Akirik looked at Kazuhiko and then Nazaruda. Nazaruda charged forth, only to get knocked back again by the same foot. Nazaruda stood, really pissed, and began charging a large dark orb of energy.
 
Kazuhiko shed his cloak, revealing an almost completely mechanical body. He extended his right arm, the machine whirring loudly, and fired 2 bolts of electrical energy at Nazaruda.
Nazaruda threw the orb forward, it consumed the bolts and flew toward them. Akirik grinned and again with the same foot, kicked the orb back toward Nazaruda, then charged forth herself. Nazaruda dodged the ball, as it at the walls, only to get pile driven by both Akirik's feet as she performed a double spin kick. Nazaruda stood and charge forth, toward Kazuhiko, sword in the air, ready to cut him down. Kazuhiko grinned and a blade made completely of electricity came from his wrist, and he managed to parry Nazaruda's strike.
 
In this moment, Muri ran forward and leaped on Kazuhiko's back, as she was again not herself but back under Nazaruda's control, she wrapped her arms around his neck in attempt to strangle him, as Nazaruda landed safely, followed by getting booted in the head, making Muri again come back to her senses and wonder what she's doing. With a spin, Kazuhiko stabbed Muri in the neck with a syringe, which began to push the sedative into her system.
Muri fell down, unconscious as Nazaruda stood once more. Hiei walked over and struck him down with his sword.
"You're beaten on your own, Nazaruda. Where is Kerin?!" He barked.
"Hah, you'll never get her back." Nazaruda laughed, holding his new cut on his shoulder. Nazaruda sharply stood, causing a huge force of energy which gushed everyone, including unconscious Muri away and into the walls. The force ended; allowing everyone to fall to a knee, save for Muri who just was flat out on the floor.
 
Kazuhiko roared in pain as his mechanical arm began to short circuit, sending sparks all over his body before he fell to the floor, his mechanics completely fused. Rufus stood and charged Nazaruda, only to get struck severely in the neck, taking him completely out cold. Nazaruda then lifted a hand, which caused Muri to stand up and attack Kiros. "You think she was conscious under my control?!" Nazaruda laughed manically. Muri went to strike Kiros with one of the hooks on the end of one of her chains, but just as she was about to, she stopped. "Attack him!" Nazaruda ordered. As Muri was fighting Nazaruda's control, Kazuhiko used his one good arm to drag himself over to Rufus' fallen shotguns. Taking careful aim, he fired, and blew a small hole in Nazaruda's hand. Muri fell to her hand and knees as Nazaruda's hold was broken, he looked at Kazuhiko in rage and vanished just before getting shot again, he appeared over Muri and lifted her up by the chain on her neck, vanished again and appeared at the door. "This isn't over!" He then ran out, a portal opening and taking him and Muri away. The portal closing after them.
 
Kazuhiko rolled on to his back and just lay there as his mechanics froze up. He closed his eyes and sighed. Hiei sat back and sighed in relief.
"That could have gone better..." He said. Akirik meanwhile stood and walked over to her brother, she got on her knees and started analysing his mechanical limbs, then began to mechanically fix them.
Jin walked into the room. "God, did you have to stick me with a needle?" He moaned. He looked around. "Geez, what happened in here? Looks like world war 4..."
"That girl....she must be my daughter...." Akirik said quietly.
"Akirik..." Kazuhiko said. "I didn't know you were in that building...I swear...."
"..." Akirik didn't reply. "How long has it been?"
"Six years...."
"She's six........I missed raising her..." Akirik finished work on Kazuhiko's body and stood. Rufus came too, as Hiei stood and walked toward the exit.
The mechanics in Kazuhiko's body whirred into life, and he got to his feet and smiled at Akirik. "I've missed you Aki...."
"I can't say the same." She replied. "It feels like 5 minutes ago that pod door closed me inside that thing. What happened to you? Your body is..."
 
Hiei looked over his shoulder at Kiros. "For your age, your talents are impressive." He said, before walking out, followed by his two clan members. Kazuhiko took off his mask, and showed her his face. "Suiv followed you into that building...I saw him go in, but I never saw you...." he put the mask back on. "After you....after we thought you died, I left. I couldn't take the hatred anymore...."
Akirik flashbacked. "I was chasing Nazaruda...." she said. "He stole my baby..." She rubbed her head. "I remember the building exploding, I woke to flames and rubble, then I was pulled up by G.U.N soldiers, before I knew it I was thrown in this pod...That's all I remember."
"As touching as this is...can we leave before the security hits up and we like...get arrested?" Kiros asked.
 
Hiei walked out onto the helipad, where he approached his copter. He turned around. "Hm...Where'd Jin go off to?"
 
Jin was in the security room, he was watching them in the room. "Let's see just how skilled they are..." He said, before activating the alarms, setting off the bases defence systems. He then ran out and escaped to the copter.
 
Akirik let Kazuhiko go as the room began to flash amber, and defence systems activated.
"What the...?"
"Jin!!!" Kiros yelled. "I should've killed the bastard when I had the chance!!"
"How do you know it was him?" Akirik asked.
 
"Warning! Warning! Lockdown in 5 Minutes, evacuate the facility immediately." A loud computerised voice spoke.
 
"Who else could it be?" Kiros asked. "Now let's get moving!!!!" he yelled above the wail of the alarms.
The three then ran through the halls, avoiding gunfire from sentry units on the walls and closing shutters. The three got out of the base just before lockdown, but more sentry unites outside fired at them.
"What now?!" Akirik asked.
Kazuhiko grinned. "Check this out." He spoke a few words into his microphone, and within seconds a huge shockwave rippled through the air, destroying the circuitry in the sentries, and they fell to the ground in pieces.
It wasn't long, however before G.U.N began to come and fire at them. Shortly after finding some cover from the fire, the three began to think of their way out. A ladder fell down next to them, as they looked up, there was Hiei's copter, out of the side was Hiei.
"Need a lift?" He asked, it appeared Gun were being shot at by Rei from the helicopter, and were taking their own cover.
 
"I dunno..." Kiros replied as he grabbed the ladder and began to climb, the others behind him. "I was just beginning to enjoy myself." The helicopter took off as they climbed the ladder, to avoid heavy fire, at the top; Hiei helped the three on board.
"Welcome on board.” Rei said cheerfully from the Copter turret.
Kiros threw a cheerful salute to her. "Nice to see you again." he grinned. He looked around the 'copter. "Well, you certainly travel in style Hiei."
"Indeed."
"Where's that Jin guy?" Akirik questioned.
"Look on the other side of the copter." Hiei replied. Akirik looked out the turret side of the copter and laughed out loud.
"Guys...check this out." She laughed. Jin was hanging, tied up in a bungee cord just over the water of the sea.
"Fuck! I don't wanna get wet! You bastards!!" He bitched.
Kiros hacked back, before spitting a lugie at Jin, which landed in his eye. "Take that you son of a bitch!!!!" He yelled over the sound of the engines.
"I'll kill you, you punk!" Jin barked back, unable to clean his eye out.
"I hope his punishment is sufficient for you." Hiei said, taking a seat in the copter.
"It is now." Kiros grinned.
 
"Kiros..." Hiei started. "Is it too much for me to ask to put the past behind us?" Hiei looked out toward the sea, avoiding eye contact. Akirik got comfortable in the copter as it moved in the air. Kazuhiko looked over the ocean; his eyes showed that he was somewhere else, somewhere far away.
Kiros shrugged. "What past? I was pissed at Jin; I never had anything against you."
"Even after everything I did?" Hiei looked back at Kiros.
"Meh.." Kiros replied. "Past is past. Besides, you let me drop a lugie in Jin's eye. Far as I'm concerned, everything's cool."
 
"..hss...hs.sss..sss...shh..sshh..bo..ssh..Boss....shhhhh...b ooosss..." Kazuhiko's radio crackled, as he returned into signal. "Kasshhhhh...Boss...do you rea...d me..?" Hiei looked over to the noise the radio was causing. It appeared Tokimi was trying to contact Kazuhiko. Kazuhiko snapped back to reality.
"Tokimi, your signals faint, I can barely hear you, please repeat!"
"Kacchhhh....We fo....kacchhh...a fox...it was on...brief bu..." The signal cut out. Then rebuilt. "Sorry about that, there was a jammer..." Tokimi said. "We found a fox, it was only a brief glimpse, but we believe it to be Hiei's child, Kerin." Hiei's ears perked.
"You know where Kerin is?" He questioned.
"Confirm ID of fox." Kazuhiko said.
"We cannot at this time, the moment we saw her, she was taken into another room. She was a small child, roughly 5 or 6 years of age." Tokimi replied.
Kazuhiko turned to Hiei. "How old is Kerin?"
"She should be five, going on six..." Hiei said, he then went into thought. "Where is that location?"
"Tokimi, relay co-ordinates, we'll join you shortly." Kazuhiko relayed. Tokimi then did as ordered, before her signal cut dead again.
"Kiros..." Hiei said, looking over to Kiros. "Do you think you could get us the aid of the Freedom fighters?"
"Tokimi? Tokimi!!!!" Kazuhiko tried to get a hold of his team-mate as Kiros nodded at Hiei.
"Sure thing, apart from Tails. Dunno why, but she's gone mental. The rest, no problem!"
"That's the objective then." Hiei said. "Three groups, three leaders..."
 
 
With that, a plan began....
...To Be Continued!