Sonic X Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic Duels: The Shadow Clan Saga! ❯ A Massive Clash of Power Part 1! ( Chapter 31 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 31: A Massive Clash of Power Part 1!
 
Kirika walked down the street. She wasn't happy with how she'd been left, knowing nothing about herself or her origins.
“Why can't I remember?” She asked herself.
“Maybe I can answer your questions, Kirika!” Kirika looked up.
“Who are you?” Kirika asked.
“Just call me.........Hell Keeper.” Kirika gulped. “If you can defeat me in a duel, you may learn the secrets to your past, if not, then I get that Sacred Beast you've been carrying around! Don't bother trying to escape, it's useless...” Kirika began to shake, and jumped as her duel disk activated for no reason. She was not going to get out of this one without a duel.
 
~@~
 
Ayuki and Yuuichi were sat in a restaurant, having gone given Penelope another visit. Ayuki was sat happily swinging her legs back and forth, drinking her juce through a straw. She looked out the window and took the straw from her mouth.
"Yuuichi?" She started.
"Yes, Ayuki?" Yuuichi replied
"What happens if we meet those terrorists...you know, the ones who killed Pegasus?" Ayuki asked
"Don't worry Ayuki, they shouldn't bother us, and if they do try anything I will protect you, ok?"
"Shouldn't we try to help capture them or something?" Ayuki asked. "I mean, the killed the creator of games..."
"If we can avoid the trouble we should Ayuki, just try and forget about it."
"I hear there's a price on their heads, they're worth a lot of money." Said a voice from the next table. A man was sat looking at a newspaper.
"A price? How much?" Ayuki asked.
"About 30k." The man replied.
"Thirty thousand?!" Ayuki spit her drink a little.
"Each."
"That's like..." Ayuki then began counted.
Yuuichi then turned to look at the Man. "And who might you be?"
"My names not important." The man said.
"It's too dangerous Ayuki...you know that." Yuuichi said, trying to drift her away from it.
"Well, I don't care, I could use the pocket money." Ayuki said, hopping down from her chair and heading to the door.
Yuuichi then stood, sighing. "Ayuki, don't be like this."
"Uguu~... Fine, but I'm bored of this place anyway, if you have something better for us to do, let's do that." Ayuki said with a yawn.
Yuuichi then thought to himself, nothing really coming to him. "How about...the duel arena?"
"Uguu~...But you know i am not good..." Ayuki said sadly.
 
"Did you hear? The God cards are open for business." A pedestrian said to his friends as the two walked passed.
"Yeah, but I wonder where to find them." The other person replied.
 
"Are you interested in the god cards, Yuuichi?" Ayuki asked.
"They are pretty interesting...wouldn't mind seeing one, but I doubt I will ever have one."
"How come?"
"Because I may be a pretty good duellist, but I doubt I am that high."
"Those who hold the gods are said to be unstoppable." Ayuki said.
"They might be, but how do you expect people to actually get hold of the gods?"
"Uguu~..."
"To get hold of a god card you need to defeat the previous owner in a duel, so they must not be."
"Must not be what?"
"Unstoppable, if they were they would probably be lost."
"Uguu~....."
 
The two arrived at the duel arena, and upon entering, it was packed, people everywhere, monsters doing battle, it was quite the site.
"These people look tough, uguu~..." Ayuki said.
"Some of them will be, others might not, people just come here to test there skills."
"They still are better than I am." Ayuki replied.
"And how do you know that?" Yuuichi smiled down at Ayuki.
"Because I know I am not a good duellist." Ayuki replied.
"I bet you are a good one, why don't you try and duel someone?"
"Uguuu~...I don't want to." Ayuki said, teary eyed.
"What if I duel someone first, then will you?" Yuuichi smiled
"Um...okay...I guess..." Ayuki said.
 
The two then looked around the room for an appropriate opponant.
"Nooo! How can you have summoned him! It's impossible!" A scared voice shouted.
"But if it were not possible, how could i have done it? Exodia! Oblitterate!!!" Said a cute female voice. With that, there was a large portal and soon, Exodia was shown for all to see in the room, with one powerful blast, all the monsters on the opposing side were destroyed and the duel was over.
"Well...that one sounds interesting." Yuuichi smiled at Ayuki. "Think i should try it?"
"Uguu! She summoned Exodia! You can't challenge her!" Ayuki said fearfully.
"Well...that's why you think your bad...because you don't try things you see." Yuuichi then started walking over to where Exodia appeared.
 
The pink rabbit that was shuffling her deck happily there patiantly awaited her next opponant. "Next?!"
The crowd was hesitant. "I'm not taking on Exodia..." Someone said.
"Me neither, that girl is harsh."
"She's pretty." Ayuki smiled.
Yuuichi then stepped to the rabbit. "I will give you a shot."
The rabbit looked up to him. "Hmm....What's your deck type?"
"I use rock monsters, and I see you base your deck around Exodia." Yuuichi smiled
"Maybe I do, maybe I don't. Exodia is inside the deck, I will say that." The rabbit replied.
"Well then, looks like I will just have to see." Yuuichi then slotted his deck.
"Well, mind telling me a little about yourself? I'm uncomfortable duelling someone i don't know." The rabbit said.
"I'm Yuuichi Mekasu, not really much more to know."
"That's boring..." The rabbit replied. "Well, little detail from you, little detail from me, I am Lucia. Today you face the Forbidden One! And like those before you, you too shall fall to his might." Lucia said, slotting her deck.
"Well then, if you're so confident mind if I make the first move?"
"Makes no difference to me." Lucia said, drawing 5 cards.
 
Yuuichi then drew 6 cards. "I will start with a set monster and a face down, lets see how well you do."
Lucia drew. "I'll set this monster and use Book of Taiyou to flip it face up." Lucia said as her monster set, then rose. It was a Skelengel. (900/400) Lucia drew a card. "You should know when he is flipped, i get to draw a card. I now use Book of Moon to flip him back down in defence." And the monster vanished again. "That's all for me." Lucia said.
Yuuichi drew "Interesting start, I summon my fossil tusker in attack mode." (1800/0) "And then, i will attack your Skelengel with him."
"Since it's flipped back up again, I get another card." So Lucia drew, as Skelengel was destroyed.
Fossil tusker then hit Lucia fairly lightly. "You also take 400 damage for your monster being destroyed."
"What's a little bit of life damage, hm?" Lucia shrugged. <7600>
"Everything stacks up, I end my turn."
 
Lucia drew. "Hm... I'll set this monster and bring out my second Book of Taiyou to flip it. This allows me to draw another card, since I flipped Dark Mimic LV1." (100/1000) Lucia drew. "I'll throw down two face-down cards and end my turn."
 
Yuuichi drew "I place another face down and attack your mimic with my Fossil tusker."
"I'll activate my Compulsory Evacuation Device to save my monster by returning yours to your hand." Lucia said, her trap triggering.
 
"Come on, big brother." Ayuki said, worriedly.
 
"Hm..oh well, I re-summon him to the field and then end my turn." Yuuichi smiled back at Ayuki. "Don't worry."
 
Lucia drew. "This won't be very interesting a duel it seems."
"You still have a good bit to see, trust me."
"Uh huh...I tribute my Dark Mimic not for its level 3 form, but for Airknight Parshath." (1900/1400)
"Since he's stronger than your monster, I'll attack."
Yuuichi smiled as his monster was destroyed. <7900> "Ah well."
"Since I inflicted battle damage on you, i can draw another card." Lucia said, picking up another card.
"Hmm, my drawing luck seems to be faltering..."
"You're lucky, usually all the pieces would be in my hand by now."
Yuuichi just smiled at the comment. "My lucky day then, huh?"
"The thing is, I know that no matter the struggle, i will gain all the peices in my hand before you can take my life points out. And I'm not scared to tell you I currently hold one peice of exodia." Lucia said.
"Hm...well then, why don't we just see?"
"Uh huh. Well, I think throwing down the Swords of Revealing Light works here, then i end." An array of light swords struck Yuuichi's field.
"Sorry, but I don't really like that card, I activate Cursed seal of the forbidden spell."
"Interesting..." Lucia said, as the swords shattered.
Yuuichi then discarded a card from his hand. "Anything else?"
"Thank you for wasting your card, continue."
 
Yuuichi then drew. "Hm...This should make things interesting."
"I sacrifice my set monster in order to summon Granmarg, the rock monarch, which means if you don't have anything to say about it...your face down is being destroyed." (2400/1000)
"Hm...Oh well."
"Next, I send my Fossil tusker from my graveyard in order to summon The rock spirit." (1700/1000) "Followed by my face down, Release from stone, which means i can bring back that Fossil tusker." (1800/0)
 
"Yay! Go big brother!!" Ayuki cheered.
 
"Now, Granmarg attack the Airknight." Though Airknight Parshath tried valiantly, it was unable to stand up to the powers of Granmarg. <7100> "Now, Rock spirit and Fossil tusker, direct attack." Lucia was knocked back on her butt, but just got up and dusted herself off. <3600>
 
"This kid is pretty good." A crowd member said.
"Yeah, considering he's the eleventh person to duel this girl." Another said.
 
"Now I end, still think you will draw Exodia?"
"Yes." Lucia replied.
Yuuichi smiled at her. "At least you still have confidence."
"Do you honestly believe you're the first person to get me this low on life?"
"Not at all."
"Exodia rarely lets me down, I doubt he's about to start now." Lucia drew.
"Well...we will see."
"First, I'll use Monster Reborn and bring back my Airknight Parshath." Lucia said. "And I'll use him to attack your Fossil Tusker again."
"And then you draw another card.." <7800>
"You're catching on." Lucia said as she drew.
"Now, I'll activate Card Trader." She said, as a strange looking spirit man came up holding her deck.
"Hm...and what does this one do?"
"Every time I get a standby phase, I can shuffle a card into my deck and draw a new one." Lucia said. "Naturally, I can't use it this turn."
"Hm...it should help you allot then."
"Uh huh, I'll also use my Level Limit - Area B." With that, a layer appeared above all the monsters, forcing them into defence position.
"That's a bitch.." Yuuichi muttered
"It's also the end of my turn." Lucia said.
 
"Uguu~.... I hope big brother will be okay..." Ayuki moaned.
 
Yuuichi drew his card. "Well...looks like I'm just ending this turn."
 
Lucia drew. "Heh, I think not." Lucia said. "Card trader takes this card so I can draw another." Lucia's card entered the deck which then shuffled. "I'll set one card and end my turn."
Yuuichi then drew his card.
"I'll use my Jar of Greed. I get another card." Lucia said, drawing.
"Well...I set a monster and end."
 
"Well, what do you know another piece of Exodia?" Lucia said happily, drawing another card. "And another. However, I'll use my Card trader to place this card in my deck and bring out another card.
 
"Oh no...She has 3 pieces already..." Ayuki panicked.
 
"Interesting...and don't worry Ayuki, there's always a way to pull back." Yuuichi smiled back at Ayuki, then concentrates on Lucia fully. Lucia shuffled and drew.
 
Lucia shuffled and drew. "Well, I'll set this monster and end." Lucia then showed Yuuichi her hand. "These three are the exordia pieces, aren't they lovely?" Lucia smiled. Lucia returned her hand back away from Yuuichi.
Yuuichi just smiled as she did so, drawing. "Just what I needed."
"Well, show and tell." Lucia said.
"Sure, I activate Heavy storm, which should remove those cards of yours."
“I figured as much." The card trader and barrier were destroyed.
"Well, I now change Granmarg, Rock spirit, and my face down Giant rat into attack mode." (1400/1450 GR)
"Go on."
"Starting with attacking your Airknight with Rock spirit." Airknight was destroyed. "And then, Granmarg will attack your set monster."
"I see." Lucia grinned. Her monster appeared. Emissary of the Afterlife. (1600/600) "Because you just destroyed him, we can look in our decks for a level 3 or lower normal monster and bring them to our hands, you know what this means, right?" Lucia asked.
"Your get your fourth piece."
"Oh yes." Lucia said, showing the 4th piece of Exodia.
"And since I have no normal monsters, I can't get one, so Giant Rat, direct attack."
"What a pointless effort." Lucia said, before she was struck. <2200>
'Please don't let her draw the last piece.' Yuuichi thought. "I end."
 
"How about a gamble, my friend?" Lucia said.
"What kind of gamble might that be?"
"Well, my next card is clearly my last, this is where I win or lose, don't you agree?"
"It might, it might not."
"This is the deal, if my Exodia the forbidden one comes into my hand and I use him to obliterate you, you have to take me out for dinner." Lucia said. "However, if it isn't the forbidden one, then no matter what the card, even if I can stall for time with it, I will surrender the duel and do something you want within reason."
Yuuichi blinked at Lucia. "What?"
"If I beat you now, you treat me to lunch, if not, then I'll surrender and do something you want." Lucia repeated herself.
"Well...sure, I don't see how it could hurt."
 
Lucia then flipped her hand forward, so that everyone could see the 4 limbs of Exodia. She then placed her disk in a position so everyone would see what she's drawing before she would. She drew and placed the card without looking into her hand. The Five Pieces of Exodia were completed. The forbidden ritual began.
"By the lights and the fact Exodia is rising behind me, I'd say I just won. Exodia! Obliterate!"
"Damn.." Yuuichi then watched as the blast went through his monsters and struck him back onto the floor.
"Uguu!!!!!" Ayuki screamed as the light covered the field, leaving a smouldering Yuuichi on the floor, the effects dying off.
 
Lucia walked over to Yuuichi. "Oh well, I'll admit, you had me worried." She smiled.
Ayuki ran over to Yuuichi and nudged him. "Are you okay?!" She cried.
"I'm fine Ayuki." Yuuichi smiled at the two, before slowly standing. "Guess I'm taking you out to dinner then, huh?"
"Not if you don't want to." Lucia replied.
"Come on, big brother. You haven't been out on a date since...." Ayuki stopped, as she gripped her head. "Uguu~......" She moaned in pain a little.
Yuuichi grinned at Ayuki for a moment, before looking back at Lucia. "Sure, ill take you to dinner."
"Good." Lucia smiled.
 
Yuuichi then looked at Ayuki again. "You have to duel someone now though Ayuki, remember?"
"Uguu~...but everyone's so strong..." Ayuki said, her eyes watering.
"Yup, she does, but she's not getting out of this, you can do it Ayuki." He then smiled at each of them.
"Uguu! That's mean!" Ayuki said, pouting.
"You can pick anyone, Ayuki, just look around and see anyone you think would be nice."
“Okay...um....”
 
~@~
 
Mitsuko, Kiama, Kiros and Aqua, who was dressed over in a black dress with her hair all gathered up in a hat, were walking through the less busy part of Radical City.
"Because we were invited." Mitsuko replied.
As the group walked, they noticed people giving Aqua odd looks, and muttering about how she looks familiar.
"No.." Kiros said. "YOU were invited. You still haven't explained why we have to tag along...."
Aqua began to get annoyed, so much so that she had veins popping out of her head. She then burst out.
"What!!! Have you people never seen a pregnant woman before! Sheesh!!" She yelled at the pedestrians, whom then looked away fearfully.
 
Some kids ran past the group, chattering excitedly about a duellist with a metal arm who was creaming everyone in the town centre. Kiros raised an eyebrow.
"Metal arm? You think that's Kazuhiko?"
"Maybe." Aqua said. "Might be Rei."
 
"Let's go check it out." Mitsuko said. "Either way, we don't have to be at the mansion yet, so we have time to spare."
"What's all this -we- stuff......" Kiros muttered as they started walking in the direction the kids had run off in. As they approached the area, there were two large crowds, one significantly bigger than the other, but both were duel crowds, clearly by the monsters on the field. Mitsuko noticed Mint was quite visible in the larger crowd.
"Excuse me..." He said as he parted from the group to go see Mint, leaving the others to watch the duels going on. Aqua stayed away, so people wouldn't notice her.
Kiros pointed at one of the duellists surrounded by the larger crowd. "It's Kazuhiko!" he said. "And by the look on his opponents face, it looks like he has this one down!"
Aqua walked up behind him. "Somehow, I recognise the monster over there as Yubel, don't you?" Aqua asked him, pointing at the other group. "There's also a monster I've never seen before."
 
Mint was concentrating on the match, so much so that she didn't notice Mitsuko at all. When he wrapped his arms around her, he felt her tense up and could have sworn he felt the shudder go completely up her spine. She looked up and saw his face.
"Oh, Mitsuko...Um....you frightened me." She blushed. "This match is insane, that man has been beating the other duellist form start to finish and hasn't even been touched..Not by the enemy at least." Mint explained.
He smiled. "Kazuhiko is a damned good duellist....but I don't recognise the monsters he has....." Suddenly the crowd expanded, clearly the other duel had finished and the crowds had merged.
 
Kiama watched clearly at the monsters, when suddenly her vision blacked out as someone covered her eyes.
"Guess who!"
Kiama jumped away, and she screamed with glee. "HITA!!!!!!" She wrapped her arms around her friend and hugged her tightly.
"That's right." Hita giggled, returning the unexpected hug. There was another pure white fox, almost glowing white, there who narrowed her eyes jealously. The crowd around the second duel dispersed as Kazuhiko finished off his opponent. He walked over, and shook Mitsuko's hand.
"Good to see you again." He nodded at the others. "I did not expect to see any of you here."
"How come?" Aqua asked, still disguised.
Kazuhiko shrugged. "I thought you'd all be busy doing something else. Especially you Aqua." He smiled.
"What's that supposed ta mean?!" Aqua pouted. "I'm not ready to drop yet if that's what you were implying..."
"Nothing. Just an observation." Kazuhiko looked around. "Well, it looks like there's no-one else who feels like challenging me."
Tokimi walked up from nowhere. "We don't have time..." She said.
 
"Hello Tokimi." Mitsuko said. "What are you doing here?"
"I was the one who requested your presence, and since both Mariko and Mikuru have found their chosen duellists, we thought it best fitting to discuss the gods inside the mansion where we're sure no interference will accrue." Tokimi explained.
 
The group then walked off and came and approached the building. There they saw Yuuichi, Ayuki and Lucia, who none of the others had seen before...well, except for Aqua, who froze at the sight of her.
"A...Ayuki?" Kiros stuttered. "I...Is that you?!" he walked forward towards his old friend. Ayuki looked at Kiros, and a split second later, he found himself on the floor with her rubbing her check with his.
"Kiiiirrooooosss.." Yuuichi sent a glare at Kiros as he saw him, but never said anything. Ayuki then got off of Kiros and stood up, grinning like she normally does.
"Oh my god.....Ayuki.....I'm so sorry....." Kiros started.
"So, are you gonna marry me now?" Ayuki smiled. The group fell over comically. Zewl even fell out comically from Mitsuko's duel disk.
"M...marry you?" Kiros stammered. "I....I....."
"Remember, that was your promise!" Ayuki pouted. "You promised that day, when I..." Ayuki twitched and gripped her head in pain again. "Uuuguuuuuuuu....." She moaned, curling into a ball.
"Ayuki!!!" Kiros said as he crouched down to hold her. "Are you okay?!"
"Just a headache, I'm okay..." Ayuki said.
Yuuichi then approached Ayuki. "Move back from her Kiros...she's probably remembering things, so you should probably back off."
Kiros looked up at Yuuichi. "Long time no see Yuuichi. Tell me, are you still as big a jerk as always?" he said as he stood. "Or did the doctors finally get that stick out of your arse?"
 
"We don't have time for this." Tokimi said, knocking the two boys on the head. "Please, everyone, may we enter the house?"
Mitsuko nodded and led Kiros into the house as Kazuhiko and Co followed behind. Kiama looked up at Yuuichi and stuck her tongue out at him before running quickly inside with Hita.
Yuuichi looked down at Ayuki as the others went in. "Will you be ok?"
"I'm okay." Ayuki said, standing and smiling. She then skipped off inside.
 
After everyone had arrived, they were taken into the dining hall, around the large table. Everyone of Blue Eyes White was already sat down, except Mariko who was pacing.
"So...." Mitsuko said as he looked around the room. "Why exactly were we invited?"
Hita looked at Mariko briefly before charging over, arms wide. "Mommy!!" She cried in happiness. Mariko looked at Hita, before having to catch the cute girl's embrace.
"Hita?!" She questioned.
"Not another daughter....." Kazuhiko muttered. "The other two are big enough pains as it is....."
"Believe it or not, this one is technically older than those two." Mariko glared at Kazuhiko.
"Does that mean that you're Hitomi's mum?" Kiros asked.
Mitsuko shook his head. "Can someone explain why we're here? The whole reunion thing is great, but it's a little tedious for those of us who have things to do."
Kiama elbowed her brother. "Be nice!" she said, pouting.
"Yes, I am Hitomi's mother. Hiei's too." Mariko smiled.
"Moving on, you were called here about the gods, hopefully Mana will arrive soon." Tokimi sighed.
Mana then walked into the room, with her usual dress on looking around the room. "Am i late?"
"Right on cue, actually." Mariko said, putting Hita down.
 
Mitsuko raised an eyebrow. "Oh...it's you." he said, folding his arms.
Mana looked over at Mitsuko with a slight glare, muttering. "Never knew scum would be here." She then walks to a chair and sits down.
"Okay, take your seats, there's some explaining to do." Mariko said, as she sat at the end of the table, next to Kazuhiko's seat.
"Hey!! Don't you talk to my brother like that!!!" Kiama glared at Mana crossly.
"Tell him not to beat down on girls then." Mana replied.
"Enough!!!" Aqua screamed as all the water smashed the nearby glasses and circled her viciously. "You're all driving me completely insane!!" Aqua was not happy.
"Okay, that's some insane power...." Mikuru commented.
"I need the bathroom, where's the bathroom?" Aqua asked. Kazuhiko snapped his fingers and a maid walked in.
"Take her to the bathroom please." He ordered. The maid bowed.
"Follow me ma'am." She said, Aqua stood and followed her.
"Well, at least she stopped the fighting." Tokimi said
"Damn....that's style!" Kiros grinned.
"Look, shall we just get on with this already?" Mitsuko asked, ignoring Mana.
 
"You, Mitsuko, are here because I selected you for guarding the sacred beast, The Winged Dragon of Ra!" Tokimi said.
"You, Mana, are here because I selected you for guarding the powerful beast, Obelisk the Tormentor." Mariko said.
"And you, Lucia, are here because I choose you to take on the task of guarding Osiris the Heaven Dragon." Mikuru said.
 
"Um...Mikuru..." Tokimi sweat dropped. "You know they only should know it by the name Slifer the Sky Dragon?" Some more maids walked in and began cleaning up all the broken glass. Aqua returned.
Yuuichi peered interested at Lucia as Mikuru spoke, talking to himself quietly. "Never thought that was coming."
"So where do we come in?" Kiros asked. "If you want a cheering squad, count me out!"
"You come in because this might interest you." Mariko replied.
Mariko continued. "Our first tasks were accomplished, you were selected and tested by us, now you must seek out an ancient Psychic named Senki who will further test you to become worthy for the gods. Only by passing all of her tests can you be sure to gain the gods."
 
"Now, word has unfortunately spread, so you won't be alone in this task, more than 200 people are trying to get tested for the gods... I need you to get past the tests and your friends are to help you accomplish that."
Tokimi took over. "Senki's tests are unlike our own, you're required to think beyond the box, if you can't do that, she won't deem you worthy."
Zewl nodded. "Of course."
"Senki might not be how you saw her as an eleven year old, Zewl." Mariko said to him.
"I would be surprised if she was." Zewl chuckled. "But still, it would be nice to see her again after all these years."
"Right, the first test should be happening now. Don't worry, all of you here won't need to do the first test, but the lateral ones, you're on your own." Mariko said. "Any questions?"
"Yeah, who is this so called Senki and how is she so popular?" Aqua asked.
"Zewl knows her better than anyone, you should talk to him." Tokimi said.
"All we know is that it was thanks to Senki that the great darkness that approaches was stopped by her last time, when she used the 3 god cards and summoned for the second time known, the Creator God of Light." Mikuru said.
"There's a little more to it than that, but accurate enough I suppose." Zewl nodded.
 
"Zewl, I believe it was you who possessed the great beast, the Winged Dragon of Ra once, no?" Mariko asked.
"Flash had Obelisk and an old friend of yours, called Salfex, had Slifer." Tokimi added.
"So, Senki had Horakhty?" Aqua asked.
"No. It was her older sister, Yichai, who possessed Horakhty until that day." Zewl corrected her.
"What happened that day?" Hita questioned.
"It might be best if we don't go grave digging and worry more on what's to come." Mikuru said.
Zewl nodded. "It is not a tale that I care to re-tell in such circumstances as these. Suffice to say little Hita, that much of the worlds wrongs were righted, and much that was right in the world became wrong......."
"That's confusing..." Hita groaned.
"Anyway, it's time to move out, so unless you have any more questions, we will lead you to the tests." Mariko said.
 
 
With the silence, Mariko and the rest of Blue Eyes White stood and headed to the front door. Mitsuko, Kiama and Kiros stood to follow, Kiros glaring angrily at Yuuichi as they passed. Ayuki wondered why Kiros glared like that, but shrugged it off. Yuuichi and Mana then stood. And while Mana followed Yuuichi waited for the others to leave. The crew began to walk out of the gates. Aqua approached Mariko.
"S'cuse me, could you tell me a little more about Hiei as a child?" She asked her.
"Oh, are you his girlfriend?" Mariko asked, looking at Aqua. Aqua nodded, when she got a squeal from Mariko. "Ooohhh, another grandchild! It's so exciting."
"I'm not sure Hiei's that fussed about this baby." Aqua replied, sadly.
"He probably is."
 
Ayuki approached Kiros. "So, what fun can we have, hm?" She asked.
Kiros threw a look at Yuuichi. "I don't think your brother's even happy you're talking to me, let alone planning to have any fun."
"Yeah, but I won't let him hurt you or nothing, I don't even know why he's acting that way." Ayuki said.
Kiros laughed. "Yuuichi, hurt me?" he smiled. "Things have changed Ayuki, I'm not the helpless kid I used to be...."
"Then why are you worried?"
He raised a hand and stroked her cheek. "I don't want to get you upset if me and Yuuichi fight, that's all. It's you I'm worried for, not me, and certainly not that jack-ass."
"Uguu~..."
"Oh, that is so adorable..." Lucia said, hearing Ayuki's catchphrase again.
Mana then approached Lucia and gave her a little nudge. "Heard you beat Yuuichi earlier, huh?"
"Who hasn't...." Mitsuko muttered as he watched Kiama bounce with Hita as they chattered away happily.
"It was luck." Lucia said.
Mana gave Mitsuko a glare as she muttered "Scum." before turning her attention back to Lucia. "Sure it wasn't, heard you put some stakes up?"
Kiros nudged Mitsuko as he grinned, looking back at Mana. "Don't worry pal, sore losers are everywhere."
“He owes me dinner." Lucia replied.
"Hm..well, good luck getting anything out of him apart from that dinner, haven't seen him do much since a family accident happened." Mana smiled
"Family accident?" Lucia questioned.
"You know that little girl he seems over protective over? Ayuki."
Kazuhiko appeared behind Mana and Lucia suddenly. "I think you should learn when to keep quiet Mana." he glared.
"Hm? Family secret?" Lucia asked.
 
 
The group approached some temple stairs, covered with endless amounts of Archways, or doorless gates, whichever preferred.
"Not really, and be quiet yourself, lil bro." Mana grinned at Kazuhiko before looking at what they came to. "That's...big."
"Not as big as your mouth." Kazuhiko replied as he walked ahead.
"Brothers...got to love them, huh?" Mana grinned at Lucia.
"Be careful Kazu." Mitsuko said, loud enough so Mana could hear. "She might start saying you beat on her as well, and we couldn't have that now." he finished sarcastically. Kiros grinned ear to ear as he walked hand in hand with Ayuki.
 
The group headed up the stairs. It was only the first 20 or 30 stairs and it was noticeable that Aqua was beginning to feel pregnancy fatigue.
"Damn stairs..." she moaned.
"Maybe you should sit this one out, huh Aqua?" Lucia said, approaching Aqua. Aqua spun around and glared angrily at Lucia, pointing at her, to keep her at a certain distance.
"You do not speak to me, understand?!" Aqua barked at her.
"What's the matter, Aqua? Tell me, does your shoulder still have that scar from when i had Exodia blast you in the last dark tournament?!" Lucia snapped back.
"I don't even know what you're doing here! Why you're trying to get the god is beyond me, I bet you haven't told anyone here you work for Arishon!" Aqua countered.
Kiama turned when she heard the raised voices, and ran back to the group, and walked up to Lucia sweetly before kicking her in the shin, hard. "You leave my aunt alone!!!" she yelled at the top of her lungs.
"Former Arishon, I don't work for them anymore." Lucia replied, rubbing her shin.
"That's bullshit; you don't just stop working for Flash." Aqua narrowed her eyes.
Yuuichi then walked up behind Lucia. "Just leave it, the best thing we can do is to avoid all this arguing for now, hopefully we can split soon."
"You're not safe with her, just wait, she'll turn around and betray you. She's a serpent of Arishon, a snake. She's evil and that won't change, now, if you'll excuse me, I need some water..." Aqua the walked off and took out a flask.
"WILL YOU LOT GET A DAMNED MOVE ON ALREADY?!?!" Mitsuko yelled from the top of the stairs, where he, Kiros, Kazuhiko, and Hita were stood. Kiama ran off towards them quickly, launching herself into Mitsuko's arms.
 
After a short break, the group continued up and approached two large gates. Upon opening said gates, around 100 more people awaited them. The place they approached looked like an extremely gigantic house. All the people were chattering about their duel skills and how they deserve the power of the old psychic.
"This place is huge..." Hita said, stunned at the house. Her friend put her hands together.
"It's an honour to be here." She said.
"Oh, Hetisa." Hita laughed.
Kazuhiko looked around at the people gathered there. "I wonder if there's a decent challenge about...."
"So this is where Senki lives? Wow, she must be loaded..." Aqua said.
 
Suddenly, the sound of huge doors opening silenced everyone. An old pink fox walked out and looked over the crowd. She looked to be in her 60's or so.
"Alright, so, this is the lineup, huh?" She spoke. "My name is Senki and only 3 of you will be deserving the great power you all seek."
 
"Three?! That's not fair!" Some crowd members complained.
"God, man, guess this is going to be tough." Another said.
"I'll get the power!" Another spoke.
"Okay, if you don't mind, I'm not getting any younger, so i am going to issue the first test." Senki said. "Everyone, follow me into the main hall."
 
Everyone followed the old fox into the house, where they were led into a giant room with loads of doors. Kazuhiko pushed past a number of people as he cleared a path for Kiros and Mitsuko to follow behind him, earning him a number of glares and a few rude gestures. As the final person got into the main doors, they slammed shut behind him.
"What the!" He moaned. The people spread around the room, as the old fox walked over to a box on a small table. She opened the box and took out some cards.
"Would you form a line, even if it means having to go around the room, in front of me, any pushing and I'll knock you to the back." Senki said, sternly. Everyone casually formed a line; however, one person did not take the threat seriously and pushed in front of the person at the front of the line. He grinned as a fuss began to form. In an instant, the old fox vanished, and suddenly ran in from his left, leap kicking him out of the line toward the back. "You were warned..." She said.
"She's fast...." Aqua said, stunned.
"Let's get some things straight, you're in my domain now. That means my rules are law and any law breaking will instantly be cast out of the tests and fail." She paced in front of the table. "I don't give a crap about your wellbeing either, so if you get killed here, that's your own damn fault, am I clear?!" She asked.
Kazuhiko smiled, a rare sight. "I think I'm going to like it here." he said calmly as he looked around at the looks of fear and worry on the faces of the crowd.
"Now, one by one, take a card and get out of my face."
 
Slowly the line moved forward as everyone took a card. As they looked at the cards, they noticed they had numbers on them. After everyone had a card, Senki continued.
"Pretend the cards you hold are valuable duel monster cards. They are one of a kind and you must protect them no matter what. If you come back to me with no card by the end of the test, you will be forced to leave, understand?! Now, I lead you to the house which you will stay for the next day, you will not be accompanied by anyone else.
 
“When you enter the doors in this room, they will lock behind you and will not open again. You have plenty of facilities for food and personal business. Secret doorways are all around the house, however there is no escape. Once locked, no one gets in or out. Once the timer reaches Zero, the door at the back will open, you must hold your cards when you come out. Now go!"
"Wow, so...we gotta protect these things?" Aqua asked.
"Yeah, seems so, but she said no one but us are in this building. What did she mean by that?" Lucia asked.
"I suspect that they are to wagered in any duel we participate in." Kazuhiko said. "It would make sense, seeing as only the top duellists would even be remotely capable of handling the god cards."
"I'd have to correct you on that." Said a voice. Leanne approached the group. The crowd was slowly emptying as they went through the doors. "I don't know about you, but i never heard her say that." Leanne said.
"So, what do you mean?" Aqua asked.
"Yeah, surely this is a game of stealing the other cards." Lucia said.
"Well, all I heard was protect the cards, she never mentioned we should be trying to steal them." Leanne told her. "It's up to you what you do, but i don't intend to steal any cards." Leanne walked off toward a door.
"So, what do we do?" Ayuki asked.
 
"Go into a room I guess." Mana said, looking back to see that Yuuichi had already wandered from the group without saying anything.
"Yuuichi?" Ayuki looked around. "Where'd he go?"
"And protect your cards." Kazuhiko added. "Senki may not have said that you have to duel for cards, but with the amount of people here, I'm certain there are a fair few who wouldn't be above eliminating some of the competition by any means necessary."
"Uguu~...He left me here..." She said sadly.
Kiros took her hand and smiled. "Hey, you still have me Ayuki!"
Mana smacked Kiros over his head as he took her hand. "If you're going to try anything with Ayuki I hope you have a different side to what I have seen."
Kazuhiko pulled Mana to the side as the rest of group turned to see who had spoken. "I suggest you don't do that again." he whispered angrily. "Kiros is a friend of mine, and I'm sure you don't want to anger me."
 
"Hm...You have a new girlfriend?" Said a shockingly familiar voice. Muri was stood there; however, she looked extremely beaten up, bandages on her head, covering one eye, a broken arm and one less chain on it.
Kiros sweat dropped. 'Shit...just what we don't need...' Mitsuko thought to himself as he dragged Kiros to one of the doors. "I need you focused man." he said to Kiros as he pushed the hare through the door, it locking behind him.
"Hm..." Muri shrugged. "Oh well." She looked at Ayuki. Ayuki looked back.
"Who do you think you are?!" She yelled.
"I'm Muri." Muri replied to her sadly.
"Well, Kiros is mine, ya hear!" Ayuki said, angrily. Muri shrugged, turned and walked through a door.
Mana then walked behind Ayuki, putting her hands on her shoulders. "How about we just find you a door, Ayuki?"
"But, I wanted to go with Yuuichi or Kiros, and they're both gone..." She said sadly. "Uguuu~...."
 
Hita took Kiama by the hand, as well as Hetisa. "Come on guys, let's go." She said pulling the two to a door.
"You'll see Kiros again." Kazuhiko smiled at his sister. "Like Senki said, there are secret passageways all over this place, and I've already found the one to Kiros' room." He stood, and looked at Mana coldly. "Remember what I said.....big sister...."
Ayuki ran up to Kazuhiko. "Can I go with you? It's been ages since we hung out." She said with a big grin.
Mana then sighed. "Yea, little bro, whatever you say." She then walked off.
"Of course." he replied, grinning just as much. "Let's go explore some secret passageways shall we?"
"Yah! Sneaky!!" Ayuki said excitedly.
 
The two wandered off to a door, leaving the others behind. Mitsuko shook his head. "Amazing. We've been here 5 minutes, and already I can see the group ready to kill each other..."
Aqua curled over. "Ouch..." She moaned, gripping her stomach. Lucia walked through a door.
Mitsuko walked over to Aqua and helped her up. "Maybe you should take it easy Aqua, I'm not so sure you're up to this."
"The baby rolled over and caused a cramp, that's all...besides, aren't we locked in now? I just gotta find a room before i accidentally premature my baby..." Aqua explained. The girls of Blue eyes white all went into different doors, seeking recruitment possibilities.
 
Mitsuko lead Aqua off through a door, and slowly the room emptied as everyone else had left. CLANK! The final sound of the doors was made, followed by a loud noise, almost as if the house was moving. Then the doors all burst open and it was like the room they were just in didn't even exist, it was all corridors now.
"What the..?" Aqua questioned. "Hey, where'd your girlfriend go?" Aqua turned to Mitsuko.
"Mint?" he asked.
"Yea... I know she came in here, I followed her in. But she's gone." Aqua said.
He shrugged. "Not sure. To be honest, I was more concerned about Kiama in such a big crowd."
"You mean you completely forgot about Mint?"
Mitsuko shook his head. "Of course not! I just didn't see what door she went in; there were a couple of guys who looked like they wanted to cause trouble."
"I saw a few familiar faces too." Aqua said. "Seems the freedom fighters are here, so are Necrophade Black, some of Arishon, Rexchus and even Chaos Purple are here..."
"Things are going to get interesting...." Mitsuko muttered before turning to Leanne. "I thought we were the only ones who hadn't left yet."
"What do you mean? Clearly you've left, your in the halls." Leanne said.
"I know that." Mitsuko replied. "I just meant that we were the only ones who haven't settled down in their rooms yet. I guess it just sounded better in my head." He smiled.
"I see..." Leanne said. "Well, I haven't found a room either. I've been wondering around since I left that hall." Leanne looked at Aqua. "You look like you're about to drop..." She said.
"I will if I don't find a place to rest..." Aqua sighed. "But I can tell you that this baby still has a while before it's born."
Mitsuko nodded. "It'll do. After you ladies."
 
Leanne led the two to the room and opened it, inside were 3 large beds, an onset bathroom and toilet. "It's pretty fancy in here." Leanne said. Leanne dunked down on a bed as Aqua crawled into another.
"Oh, it feels so good not to be lugging this thing around and finally something else can carry its weight..." she sighed in relief.
Mitsuko looked at them before dropping his bag on the remaining bed. "I hope things pick up soon...." he said as he pulled out his duel-armour and his deck. Suddenly the sounds of a cute quiet snore were heard. Leanne and Mitsuko looked over to Aqua, who was completely out.
"She really was knackered..." Leanne said. "So, do you understand the logic of the test?"
"I don't have a clue." Mitsuko said as he checked through his deck. "To be honest, I'm not all that concerned. I'll take whatever comes, when it comes."
"Well, tell me what you plan to do? What happens if someone tries to steal your card?"
"Two things. Either duel them and win, or....." he opened his coat, and revealed his katana. "Like Senki said, protect them at all costs. Anyone stupid enough to try and take it by force will regret it."
"And if you defeat them?"
"Then I defeat them. Nothing else to it." Mitsuko replied. "What does it matter anyway? I doubt anyone will try and take my card by force. It's Kiama and Mint I'm worried about."
"Well, would you like to go and find them?”
Mitsuko laid back on the bed. "Later....right now, I think I'm going to copy Aqua...It's been a while since I had a decent sleep. And if someone hurts Mint or Kiama while I sleep, I'll hunt them down and kill them." he yawned and rolled over.
 
Knock, Knock. "Um....h-hello? Is there...is there any room in there for one more?" Asked a nervous voice.
"Sorry, all three beds are taken." Leanne replied.
"O-oh...s-sorry, I'll go."
Mitsuko stretched and packed up his bag. "No, come on in." He looked at Leanne. "Beds aren't really my style."
"Huh?" Mint opened the door. "Mitsuko, you're in here?"
"Ah, is this one your sister or girlfriend?" Leanne asked.
Mitsuko stood and pulled Mint into a hug, and kissed her gently. "Missed you...." he said softly.
"Hm, I'll say girlfriend, why don't you share the bed? If not, i can leave." Leanne said. Mint then flushed incredibly red.
"S-Share...the bed...?" She stuttered.
Mitsuko looked at Mint, who seemed incredibly uncomfortable with the idea. "Don't be daft Leanne. I'll take the floor; you ladies can have the beds."
"Hm...I don't remember giving you my name..." Leanne spoke.
Mitsuko shrugged. "I know people who know people who know people. It's not a big thing."
 
Mint was nudged in, pushing Mitsuko a bit as a young pink fox walked in, holding a futon. She was wearing the same outfit as Senki earlier. She dunked the futon down on the floor.
"This futon is for you." The fox replied, her voice soft. She turned to Mitsuko. "So, where's the old coot?"
Leanne looked closely at the fox. "Are you Senki's granddaughter or something?"
"Senki doesn't have any family, I should know, I'm her."
"You're manners haven't improved much." said Zewl as he appeared next to Mint and Mitsuko.
"And I wonder if you've changed from being a lectures' dog." Senki shrugged.
"Maybe if you'd listen every now and then to someone who knows far more than you could even begin to imagine, I wouldn't have to lecture you." Zewl replied with a grin.
Senki smiled. "Why the old get up?"
Zewl shrugged. "I mentored a young man named Kiros. I figured he'd listen to an old coot instead of how you remember me."
Leanne was confused. "Wait a sec, earlier you were an ugly old hag, why are you so young and gorgeous now?" She asked.
"It's a spirit technique." Senki replied.
Zewl smiled at Leanne, and within seconds he was a young man, with long blonde hair and a strong, muscular frame. "Easy as pie, if you know how." he grinned.
"That's freaky..." Leanne replied. "It's like how I can become a boy." She laughed. Mint walked past everyone and sat on the bed, not saying anything.
 
"I wonder, old man...If I could beat you in combat yet." Senki smirked.
Zewl smiled, before appearing behind Senki instantly. "You could try." he laughed in her ear. Senki's form vanished as she stood on Zewl's shoulders.
"That I could."
Mitsuko shook his head and joined Mint on the bed, putting an arm around her gently. "You okay?" he whispered.
"I guess...I could have sworn i was being followed through the dark halls, so I'm a little shaky..."
Mitsuko smiled and kissed her softly on her cheek as he gently pulled her into a hug. "I won't let anyone hurt you Mint, I promise." Mint smiled and blushed.
"Thank you..." She said to him.
 
"However." Senki leaped down. "We can fight another time, Zewl, however, I have some monitoring to do."
Everyone, except for unconscious Aqua, suddenly heard the roar of a duel monster, followed by a bang.
"Looks like someone is falling for my trap." Senki said.
"A trap?" Leanne asked.
Mitsuko looked at Senki. "Traps? You said nothing about traps!!"
"There were a lot of things I didn't say." Senki replied.
"Kiama....." Mitsuko jumped up and barged past Senki, and ran out into the hall before anyone could stop him. Mint sat there, speechless. Leanne leaped up and followed.
"Wait up!" She called.
 
As the two reach the area of the noise, Selphie the purple card is on her hands and knees, as a black fox stood laughing, holding her card.
"Looks like I won." He said. "This card is mine."
"I don't think so pal." Mitsuko said calmly as he activated his duel disk. "You'll be handing that card to me very shortly."
"Oh, I don't think so." The fox grinned. "Nor do i plan on duelling you, I got one card and now I sleep." He turned around.
"I'll wager my deck as well as my card on it." Mitsuko pressed.
"So, you'd give up your deck and your card, just to get this one card? Or do you expect me to hand over my card with it?" The fox looked over his shoulder.
"You keep your card. I just want the one you got from her." Mitsuko pointed to Selphie. "If I win that is. If you win, my card and my deck are yours."
"You're going to return her card to her upon winning? Not that you would, mind you." He then shrugged. "No dice, I'm tired, maybe tomorrow...if you can find me." He then began walking off.
"Coward." Mitsuko spat. He turned to Selphie. "Here, take my card. I'll get another from him when I find him." he smiled.
 
Selphie stood. "No..." she said. "It seems like only yesterday you were trying to burn a second hole in my ass with Shinato, I won't take any favours from you knowing that..." She walked off. "I failed...again..."
"Take it." Mitsuko said. "What happened in the past, is in the past. We all have bad duels, but that's no reason to give up."
Selphie didn't reply, just faded into the darkness out of site.
"Oh well..." Leanne said. "This makes me think..."
"It does?" Mitsuko replied as he headed back to the room.
"Senki said, trap, but i don't see anything triggered here, so was the duel a trap?" Leanne rubbed her head. "Excuse me, I'm always thinking." She giggled.
"Probably. If he didn't, then he'd already have a card, wouldn't he? I doubt anyone would last in here if they weren't invited."
"I can assure you he doesn't. He's a member from a group named Chaos Purple, his name is Erin, claims to be the son of a great demon. Also, didn't Senki say we were alone? So he can't have been without a card, maybe he meant he has 2 now and believes that's what it takes to pass." Leanne continued thinking. "But, Senki never mentioned about taking the cards, not to mention never said anything about 'you must have a certain amount.' She said, 'you must be holding your cards when you leave.'"
"Like Kazuhiko said, there's got to be some people here who don't want the competition to make it. What better way than to take their cards?" Mitsuko shrugged. "Never mind. I'll find him tomorrow. For now, I'm tired." he said as they came to their room.
"Or, maybe he lost his and couldn't get it back, so he stole hers."
Leanne was lost in a train of thought, and then snapped out of it. "Time to sleep?" Mitsuko nodded as he opened the door. Leanne went back to her train. "But if he was eliminating the competition, why didn't he accept your challenge?" She asked.
Mitsuko yawned as he lay on the bed next to Mint, who cuddled up to him. "Don't worry about it Leanne. I'm sure we'll find out everything we need to know in due time...."
"I guess." Leanne then hopped into bed, as Aqua rose and slid out, she stood and headed for the door.
"Going somewhere Aqua?" Mitsuko smiled. "It's a bit late." Aqua didn't reply and continued walking. Leanne looked at her and gasped, then started giggling.
"Psst, she's not awake." She giggled.
Mitsuko laughed and kissed Mint softly, before closing his eyes. "Oh well." he said as he started to doze off.
"Didn't Mint earlier feel uncomfortable sharing a bed?" Leanne asked. Aqua went into the bathroom and closed it. "Hope she'll be okay in there." Leanne said. "Oh well." She then lent back and closed her eyes. "G'night brother...g'night sister..." She then dosed off.
 
Kazuhiko and Ayuki were busy exploring the secret passageways under the castle. Using his sensors, Kazuhiko was leading them around, Ayuki quite happily following him, excitedly chatting away about Kiros.
"I know you love Kiros, Ayuki, but aren't you worried what the rest of the family will say?" Kazuhiko smiled as he ducked under a low beam. "You know I like the kid, but I can't say any of the others do, especially Yuuichi."
"Uguu~...Why do they hate him so much? What did he do?" Ayuki asked.
"That's not a question I would be so quick to answer, Brother..." Said a voice from the shadows.
Kazuhiko turned and shone the light in the direction of the voice. "You!!" he exclaimed. Suiv was stood in the hall, his usual look.
"Answer that question and you'll ruin everything."
"I'm fully aware of the consequences, Suiv. Unlike you, I don't have my head so far up my own ass that I'm blind to everything that goes on."
"Oh? Do you know the truth then? The 'real' truth?" Suiv narrowed his eyes.
Kazuhiko activated his duel-arm. "Probably more than you do Suiv. But enough of this, we both know where this is going. Ever since Akirik......"
"Don't you DARE mention her name again to me!" Suiv snapped! "You have no right to speak her name."
"Don't I?" Kazuhiko said as he drew 6 cards. "Where were you when we rescued her? Where were you when I held her and cried for what happened to her? Where were you Suiv?"
"You rescued nothing! Or does your memory fail you!" Suiv barked, unknowing about the events of Prison Island. "It was me who you pulled from that building, not that I asked you too!"
"Fool!!" Kazuhiko replied. "I wish I had known that Akirik had been in there aswell, because if I'd realised how much of a jerk you'd become because I saved your sorry hide, I would have left you to burn!!"
"I wish you did! At least then i wouldn't have had to suffer your pathetic screaming and bitching for the remainder of the time! Then again, if I were killed then, Ayuki wouldn't be here now, would she?"
"What's that supposed to mean?" Ayuki asked.
"Ayuki, go play with some dolls or something, your older brothers have to fight now."
"Uguu~...."
"You bastard!!" Kazuhiko yelled, furious at Suiv's attitude against Ayuki. "Don't you dare speak to Ayuki like that!"
"Or what? What's the matter? She's got nothing to do with this fight, so she should just leave."
"Uguuuuu~...." Ayuki teared up.
 
"Like you ever cared. You always hated her because she loved me when you would have everyone hate me forever. I won't abandon her like you did Suiv." Kazuhiko turned to Ayuki. "I know you love us both Ayuki, but whatever Suiv says to you, don't listen to him. He would do anything to hurt both you and me."
"Hah! That's a laugh! She'd not be around if it wasn't for me! Or do you forget that you showed up only to see blood!" Suiv was driving himself into madness.
"Blood?" Ayuki was getting confused and scared.
 
"That's enough Suiv!!!!" Kazuhiko growled. "Draw your cards and let's finish this, once and for all, or are you as much a coward as you always were?"
"It's time I reminded you why I'm top dog of the family, you worm! Let's get it on!" Suiv then drew his 5 cards, knowing Kazuhiko drew 6.
"You're only top-dog because I want nothing to do with you arrogant bastards. So I'll make it easy on you, I'll pass."
 
"Passing without a single move? You must have lost what little mind you might have had, little brother!" Suiv drew his card. "Well then, I'll take up the offer! First, I'll summon Berserk Gorilla to the field, and then have him beat the shit out of you, whilst I activate Rush Recklessly!" Suiv said, as his gorilla appeared and charged in, fists high. (2000/1000 2700 ATK Rush Recklessly.) Kazuhiko winced as Suiv's monster sent him blasting backwards into the wall. <5300>
"Uguu!!!" Ayuki screamed in fear.
"That...all you got?" Kazuhiko grinned. "So much for top dog."
"Hah! You can't say much!" Suiv grinned madly. "You're a coward."
Kazuhiko stood and smiled. "You don't know shit Suiv. You have no idea what horrors are in store for you and that pathetic deck you have."
"I'll throw a card face down and end my turn."
 
Kazuhiko drew. "I set a face-down and end."
"Hah! This is it?! This is your so called horror?!" Suiv laughed. "How pathetic." He drew.
"All in good time, -dear brother-." Kazuhiko spat. "The stage must be set before the play can be performed."
"I'll summon Gene-Warped Warwolf!" Suiv said as his monster appeared. (2000/100) "Ha! The play will be finished before it's even begun at this rate!" Suiv said. "Now, my Berserk Gorilla can't help himself, he needs more! Attack!"
"Kazuhiko..." Ayuki was worried.
Kazuhiko braced himself, but even so the attack sent him flying back into the wall, which cracked slightly under the strain. <3300>
"More damage! Attack my Gene-Warped Warwolf!! Keep him inside the wall!!" The Gene-Warped Warwolf charged forward.
Ayuki hopped in the way. "No more!" She cried out.
Kazuhiko reached forward and pushed Ayuki aside as Suiv's monster attacked, tearing the skin all down his back, making him cry out in agony. <1300> "Ayuki...." Kazuhiko gasped. "Don't....get....involved...."
Ayuki then began crying. "Why?? Uguuuuu~......." She cried. "Why are you fighting?"
"Just don't get involved Ayuki..." Kazuhiko hugged her. "I promise...there's no other way to settle this."
"I guess you only have one more turn, this is over." Suiv grinned. "You're pathetic! Make your move! Fight like a man instead of being such a pansy! Yuuichi plays better than this! Even Hamako is a better duellist than you, and she plays with toys!"
 
Kazuhiko turned as he drew. "Idiot. I let you attack me. But no more!! First, I'll activate the spell Mystical Space Typhoon, to destroy your face-down!!"
"I'd activate it, but it'd just waist a monster, it's nothing." Suiv shrugged.
"Your loss. Because I'll now activate the 2 Foolish Burials in my hand and the one on the field to send 3 dark monsters from my deck to my graveyard." Kazuhiko chose the cards, smiling as he did so.
"How pointless." Suiv said.
"Not really. With 3 dark monsters in my grave, I can special summon my Dark Armed Dragon!!" Kazuhiko said, as his monster appeared with a roar. (2800/1000)
"I'll set one monster, and use the spell card Double Summon to set a second, and I'll attack your pathetic Gorilla! Dark Armed Dragon!! Show him the meaning of power!!!!" The Berserk Gorilla was smashed under Dark Armed Dragon's power. But Suiv was unaffected. <7200>
"Nice creature, maybe I'll claim it from you when I win!" Suiv grinned.
"You have a long way to go before you win Suiv. In fact, by the end of this duel, you'll be wondering how you ever thought you'd be able to win." Kazuhiko replied. "Now, make your move."
 
Suiv Drew. "One card down and I'll put my monster into defence. End."
 
Kazuhiko drew, and as he did so, his life points climbed. <1900>
"Okay, what's up with that?" Suiv questioned. "Care to explain your life?"
Kazuhiko pulled a monster from his graveyard. "Marie the Fallen One. While she's in my graveyard, I gain 200 life points at each of my standby phases. And as I used my foolish burials to put all three of them in there, that's 600 points per turn."
"Hah, pathetic monsters for a pathetic deck." Suiv spat.
"Your monsters don't seem any more impressive Suiv. Which reminds me, Dark Armed Dragon, destroy that disgusting wolf for me, it's making my circuits crawl!"
Kazuhiko drew, and his life points climbed again. <2500> 'No doubt he's going to destroy my dragon, but it doesn't really matter.' he thought to himself. "Dark Armed Dragon, attack!!!!!!"
"Heh, so much for that idea." Suiv smirked as his monster was destroyed. <6300>
"Come on Suiv, surely you can do better than this. You are -top dog- after all." Kazuhiko taunted. "Your move."
 
Suiv drew. "Damn, where are my cards at?" He moaned. "I'll set a monster and end my turn."
 
"And you say my deck's pathetic." Kazuhiko said as he drew. <3100> "I'll flip summon my 2 face-down monsters, Armageddon Knights, and they allow me to send one dark monster each from my deck to my graveyard." Kazuhiko resolved his cards as his knights appeared. (1400/1200) "Then I'll tribute them to summon my Invader of Darkness!!" The evil looking monster appeared on the field with a low growl. (2900/2500)
"Hah! My bottomless trap hole takes care of that!" Suiv countered.
Kazuhiko shrugged. "You're just adding to your doom brother."
"Pfft, you're bluffing, i know you are!" Suiv countered.
 
"You wish. I play the spell card Dark World Dealings, which lets me destroy a face-down monster you control at the cost of one card from my hand. And I think I'll send my Summoned Skull to the grave."
 
As the duel continued, the two didn't notice Ayuki backing away from the duel. Suddenly two hands appeared, one taking hold of her chest, the other around her mouth, pulling her into the shadows, she unable to make a sound.
 
Suiv growled as his monster was destroyed. `Not that it matters...it would have destroyed itself anyway.' He thought.
"Something wrong Suiv?" Kazuhiko asked. "Or have you finally realised how little power you actually have?"
"Just go!" Suiv spat. "Next time you won't be so lucky."
"Whatever. I play my second Double Summon to bring forth Prometheus, King of the Shadows!!!" (1200/800)
Kazuhiko's monster appeared and glared at Suiv. "So Kazuhiko, this is the fool you want me destroy?" he asked. Prometheus looked Suiv up and down. "He doesn't seem like much to me. Hardly worth my time."
"Bah! What is this?" Suiv snapped. "You're talking to your monster now?!"
 
Kazuhiko smiled. "So little respect. I'll teach you something about -real- power Suiv. I activate my King's special ability, to remove all the dark monsters in my graveyard from play. For every one removed, he gains 400 attack points. And as there is six, that's an extra 2400 points!!" (3600/800)
"Which is more than enough to wipe you out." Kazuhiko said calmly. "Dark Armed Dragon, attack him directly!!!" Suiv was knocked away by the attack. <3500>
"Now Prometheus, finish him off!!!" Prometheus hurled himself forward, and punched Suiv in the middle of his chest with such force it sent him blasting back nearly 40 ft straight into a wall, which cracked and buckled under the assault.
 
Suiv struggled to his feet and began walking toward Kazuhiko. "Bastard...this...isn't...over..." He said, blood going down his face. <0>
 
Kazuhiko turned his back on Suiv. "Fool. You never did know when to give up." he started walking off. "By the way, it might interest you to know, Akirik is alive."
 
"You're so pathetic that you pay with your soul..." Said a voice as a claw flew out of the Shadows, gripping Suiv by the head. A green aura appeared around him and he let out a scream as a pair of piercing yellow eyes appeared in the shadows. With one drain, Suiv slumped to the floor, soulless.
"Interesting....." Kazuhiko mused. "I guess he did have a soul after all...." He looked around. "Ayuki?" he called out. "Where did you go?"
 
The figure walked out of the shadows a little, holding a tied up and muted Ayuki, who squirmed for freedom. "This one is interesting, though I have tried, I can't seem to drain her soul..." The figure mused.
Kazuhiko powered up his Ion cannon. "If you know what's good for you, you'll let her go. Now." he growled.
"Go ahead and shoot me, killing not only your brother, but her along with me." The figure mused. "Not that I'd be affected of course."
"If you're trying to convince me not to blast you to atoms by throwing Suiv's worthless soul into the mix, you're sorely mistaken. If anything, that's an incentive for me to shoot you. And as for Ayuki, I won't be hitting her. You'd be surprised at how good a shot I am...." Kazuhiko growled as he aimed his cannon at the figures head, the ball of energy growing at its tip, almost at full power.
"Do you believe that my reflexes are so slow that I can't use this girl as a shield?" A grin could be seen. "Do you want to take that risk?"
 
"Kazuhiko!!!!" A voice called from behind him, just as he was about to shoot. Kiros and Mitsuko joined his side. "He has Kiama as well." Kazuhiko powered down the cannon. "What do you want?" Kiros asked.
"Let's play a game of tag. Keep up if you think you can." The figure then ran off into the shadows.
"Bastard!!!" Kiros spat. "We can't track him in the dark!!"
"Guess again." Kazuhiko said calmly as a small scanner emerged from his arm, showing a large dot moving along the corridors. "I gave Ayuki a tracking device, it let's me find her no matter where she goes. This way!" the trio began to run after Ayuki and the figure.
"Seriously pal, is there anything your arm doesn't have?" Kiros asked as they ran.
"I doubt it has the kitchen sink...." Kazuhiko said as they turned into another corridor. Before they knew it, they heard another scream.
"HETOMA!!!!!" Boom!! Dust blew into the groups eyes down the halls.
 
"What the hell?!" Mitsuko cursed as the dust settled slightly. Kazuhiko led the three ahead cautiously.
The group entered a large hall area, though not the same one as before. Inside were Hetoma, the cloaked figure from before who was Hitomi with freaky yellow eyes, Hermana, Petal, Hita, Amy, Tails and the new girl Hetisa.
Kiama and Ayuki were in the arms of Hetoma and Tails.
"How dare you make clones of my sisters and make me fight them, how dare you!" Hita roared.
"Looks like this will be quite the party." Hetoma smiled.
 
"You're outnumbered!!" Kiros yelled. "It's six against four, let Ayuki and Kiama go, before we kick your asses!!!"
"No, I think you're mistaken." Hetoma laughed. "It's 5 all round."
Kiros blinked, and counted again. He turned to Mitsuko. "Am I missing something? Because it sure looks like 6 VS 4...."
Mitsuko shook his head. "Amy's with them. I didn't realise at first, but look at her. She's not angry at all that Kiama and Ayuki are being held hostage...."
"....She's a remnant." Kazuhiko finished. "Tail's must have turned her when we were in the warehouse."
"They're all Hetoma's Remnants!" Hita said. "All of them...I wouldn't be surprised if Ayuki and Kiama became remnants."
"Over my dead body." Mitsuko said as his duel-armor activated.
"Come friends, let us fight, and unleash the dogs of war!!" Kazuhiko said as his duel-arm emerged.
"I couldn't have said it better myself." Kiros added, activating his d
"You girls get out of here." Mitsuko said to Hita and Hetisa. "This is going to get ugly, and I don't want you two getting hurt."
"No way!" Hita counted. "That's no option! I'm the only one with power enough to stop Hetoma for good, so I must stay!"
"And I shall not leave Hita here." Hetisa added.
 
"Looks like this is going to be a lot of fun." Hetoma smiled. Suddenly her hair spiked up and large black demonic wings erupted from her back, just like before in the Shadow Clan lair.
Kazuhiko pointed at Hetoma and her minions. "By the time this duel is done, you will know you have met your equals!!"
"I doubt that." Hetoma laughed.
"You're just an ugly ass demon with delusions of grandeur. What do you know?" Kiros muttered.
"Let's arrange how this will go." Hetoma said. "I will take the first move, then who of you goes next?"
"I will!!" Kiros said.
"Then, I shall go." Tails grinned.
"You haven't learned from your last defeat at my hands." Kazuhiko said. "No matter, I'll be happy to teach you again."
Then me." Amy said.
"Then I go." Hita continued.
"I will take lead from that." Petal said.
"You can go next if you like Hetisa." Mitsuko offered.
"No, I shall be last." Hetisa said.
"Fine by me." Mitsuko said, cracking his knuckles.
"Shall we begin then?" All duel disks activated. "Now, let's sort the stakes, naturally, you want your little girls back." Hetoma said. "However, for each of you that lose your life points to 0, you become my servants; this isn't optional no matter what you try."
"You seem to forget who is on this side of the field, my angelic power negates your demonic power, so you will receive no new remnants!" Hita countered.
"Well, then if you fail, these 5 girls become my remnants." Hetoma replied.
"No problem, because we won't fail!!" Kiros countered.
"5 girls?" Hetisa questioned.
"Didn't you notice the other 3?" Hetoma asked, motioning toward her 'pile of hostages.'
"Mint...Leanne....Aqua...." Mitsuko clenched his fists in anger. "You'll pay for this you demonic bitch!! This I swear!!"
"Stay calm Mitsuko." Kazuhiko said softly. "Duelling in anger will only cost us."
"We will see." Hetoma said. "As you know, the first turn won't end until Hetisa makes a move."
"Hurry it up then will you?!" Kiros said impatiently. "I was in the middle of a very important nap, which you so rudely interrupted!"
 
"Very well." Hetoma took 6 cards. "I'll set 3 cards, activate Card Trader and Summon Goblin King to the field. (0/0) and that's my move over."
 
Kiros drew. "About time. Now, I'll start by playing my field spell, Colloseum - Cage of the Gladiator Beasts." The dark, dank cave turned into an old arena. "Then, I'll set 3 cards and a monster. I'm done."
 
Tails drew."I'll start with Future Fusion, sending my 2 Cyber Dragons and one The Light - Hex-Sealed Fusion to the graveyard." Tails said, making her first move."Then I'll use Terraforming to bring my Fusion Gate to my hand." Tails said, sorting her cards."Then I'll summon Hunter Dragon to the field and set 1 card." (1700/100) "That's all for me." Tails said, ending her move.
 
Kazuhiko drew. "Hmmm.....I activate the spell card Lightning Vortex, and discard one card from my hand to destroy both Hetoma's and Tail's monsters."
"I'll use my Dark Bribe." Hetoma said. "This negates your spell; however, you get to draw another card. Aren't I nice?"
Kazuhiko drew again. "It matters little. What's important is the card that I put in my graveyard. Which I'll now bring back with Monster Reborn!!" Kazuhiko's vile looking creature appeared on the field. (2900/2500) As Invader of Darkness was summoned in front of Kazuhiko, a ring lit up on Kiros' field card. ((FcT x1))
"Thanks pal!" Kiros said. Kazuhiko nodded respectfully in return.
"Ooh, how frightful." Hetoma laughed.
"You may laugh, but while he's on the field, you..." Kazuhiko looked at his opponents. "...cannot activate Quickplay Spell cards. At all."
Kazuhiko shrugged. "I'll then summon my Dark Lucius LV4 (1000/300) and set 2 face-down cards. I end."
"Ooh, even more points." Hetoma grinned. (2000/2000)
 
Amy drew. "I'll summon my Alien Infiltrator in the left hand side of my duel disk." Amy said, as her monster appeared. (800/600)"I'll now set 3 cards and activate Malevolent Nuzzler giving it to my Infiltrator." Amy said. (1500 ATK)
"I activate Fires of Doomsday!" Hita said. "This makes it so i special summon two doomsday Tokens!" Two tokens appeared. (0/0x2)
"More strength for me." Hetoma grinned. (4000/4000) 2 more rings lit up on the field.
"And for me." Kiros added. (FcT x3)
"And now, I'll tribute them for my Yubel!!!!" Hita cried, as her signiture monster hit the field. (0/0)
"Lovely Yubel..." Hetoma moaned. (3000/3000)
"Now, i'll activate my 2nd fires of doomsday." Hita said. Two more tokens appeared. (0/0x2)Kiros grinned as 2 more rings lit up. (FcT x5)
"Lovely, now i have more points." (5000/5000)
"I'm trying to build up Kiros as much as possible." Hita honestly said."One card face down and I end." Hita said. "Since I'm ending, I'll tribute one token for keep Yubel on the field." Hita said, as a token exploded.
"Oh well." Hetoma sighed. (4000/4000)
 
Petal drew. "I'll summon Injection Fairy Lily (400/1500) and set 4 cards. That's all." Petal said.
 
Mitsuko drew. "I activate Tribute to the Doomed, and discard one card from my hand to destroy....." he smiled at Hita. "Your Yubel Hita."
"That's a stupid thing to do." Amy laughed.
"Not at all, in fact, he couldn't have helped me more." Hita smiled happily as her monster was not destroyed, but morphed instead.Yet another ring lit up on the field. (FcT x6)"Meet Yubel - Terror Incarnate!" Hita said as her monster finished changing. (0/0)
"That stupid monster didn't get stronger at all!" Hermana laughed.
"It's not finished yet. I activate Black Horn of Heaven!!" Kazuhiko said. "Which I believe negates and destroys your monster if I'm right Hita?" he winked.
"Oh my, whatever will i do." Hita said happily.
"That's redundant!" Petal blurted.
"And ridiculous." Hermana added.
"You're insane." Amy said.
"But it's true, poor Yubel." Hita said as her monster grew again. "Now meet my favourite monster, Yubel - The Ultimate Nightmare!" (0/0)
"Oh I'm loving this." Kiros grinned happily as another ring lit up. (FcT x7)
"Oh I'm still not done yet Kiros. See, I activate Monster Reborn, to bring back my Six Samurai Irou." (1700/1200) Kiros cheered as another ring lit up. (FcT x8) "Then, I will summon my Spirit of the Six Samurai (500/500) and as there are 2 monsters on my field with Six Samurai in the name, I can special summon the Great Shogun Shien to the field." (2500/2400) (FcT x9) "I'll then equip him with my spiritgiving him an extra 500 points." (3000/2900)"And that's me done." Mitsuko said.
 
As Hermana drew, Mitsuko cleared his throat. "Just so you all know...."
"While Shien is on the field, you can only activate one spell or trap per turn. Aint it a bitch?" he smiled nastily.
Hermana continued her move. "I'll use Nobleman of Crossout on Kiros face down monster."
Kiros cursed as his monster was removed from play. "Dammit...."
"3 face downs and I end." Hermana said.
 
Hetisa drew."What a bad start for me." Hetisa thought. "Sorry, i'm not going to be as helpful this time." She said to the group.
"Don't worry." Kiros smiled.
"We have you covered kiddo." Mitsuko added.
"First, I'll activate Monster Reborn and summon Tails Cyber Dragon to my field." Hetisa said, as the metallic Dragon appeared. (2100/1600) (FcT x10)
"Now, I'll equip it with Celestial Sword - Eatos!" The sword appeared on the head of Cyber Dragon (2400 ATK) "That's all from me."
 
Turn 1
 
Hetoma Drew. "My turn. Well, since you've put me in a pickle, i guess this has to do. I'll trigger my trap, DNA Surgery! This will turn all monsters on the field into Fiend monsters!" Hetoma laughed."This makes my goblins attack and defence the highest on the field." The Goblin King then grew to a giant size. (10000/10000)"Now, let's get rid of that idiot Kiros! attack him Directly!" Hetoma ordered!
Kiros looked up at Hetoma's monster. 'Shit...I don't have anything down that can stop that thing....and if it hits, I'm done for!!!'
 
 
To Be Continued....