Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic X: Day of the Dragon ❯ Eggman's new toy ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Introduction
 
One month ago Rouge the Bat accidentally released Gigex the Impaler, the lord of the Giaki vampires, from his endless slumber. Upon his awakening Gigex sought to rebuild his army of the undead and acquire the seven Chaos Emeralds so he could use their power along with his own magic to resurrect his lost love and conquer the universe. Within hours a majority of the planet's population had become Giaki and it was up to Sonic the Hedgehog and friends to destroy Gigex and save his victims. To help them combat this apocalyptic threat Cosmo had been given her mother's gift of new life and upon her rebirth received extraordinary telekinetic powers. With secret knowledge about Gigex that had been passed on by her clan Cosmo provided her friends with the means to defeat the vampire king. Before the night was over Gigex was slain and all his victims were rescued, but the seven chaos emeralds were once again scattered to the winds.
Now Sonic and friends have retrieved one of the precious emeralds, but Dr. Eggman has acquired six. In attempt to recover the other emeralds Sonic and friends have engaged Eggman in the heart of his new secret lair.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Chapter 1: Dr. Eggman's New toy
 
“All right I know you're in here, so come on out Dr. Egghead.” said Sonic.
 
“MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Sonic the Hedgehog it gives me great pleasure to welcome you to your own execution! Say hello to my latest and greatest creation… The GOLIATH!”
 
Sonic suddenly found himself face to face with a big purple robot that looked thirty stories high.
 
“With six Chaos Emeralds I've managed to build this ultimate fighting machine. Once I have the final one it will be unstoppable!”
 
“Yeah, if you can somehow manage to take it from me, and we both know that isn't going to happen.”
 
“Then prepare yourself for a long overdue beating hedgehog! Goliath attack!”
 
Giant spikes erupted from the fists of the Goliath and it started to punch away at Sonic, but Sonic was too fast for it.
 
“You're going to have to do better than that you oversized tin can!”
 
“Goliath cannonball!” yelled Dr. Eggman.
 
The Goliath leapt high into the air and came plummeting down like a meteor. When it hit the ground it sent out a giant shockwave of dirt in all directions. Sonic ran right at it and at the right moment jumped clear over it, at that moment the Goliath swung it's fist at Sonic and… WHAM!
 
“Sonic!”
 
Tails flew by on the X-Tornado and shot a ring towards Sonic. Sonic grabbed it and went into a spin dash at the Goliath, but when he made contact there was almost no effect. The Goliath started punching again so Sonic ran to put some distance between him and it.
 
“Tails, that armor is too strong for a spin dash!”
 
“Impressive isn't it?” said Eggman. “But trust me you haven't seen anything yet. Goliath open fire!”
 
The Goliath's shoulders opened up revealing hidden missile launchers. It took aim at Sonic and fired. Sonic tried to outrun them, but by the looks of things they were homing missiles. Suddenly the missiles stopped in midair, and then flew right back at the Goliath.
 
“What the… GOLIATH SHIELDS UP!”
 
The Goliath was suddenly covered in a force field; the missiles collided with the force field and exploded.
 
Sonic smiled, looked up at the X-Tornado and saw that Cosmo was riding with Tails. Since her miraculous rebirth Cosmo had developed some very powerful telekinetic abilities. And she had just used them redirect Eggman's missiles.
 
“Thanks Cosmo, I owe you one.”
 
Cosmo giggled and said, “Actually you owe me four.”
 
Sonic blushed and said, “Three, that incident down in the caves last week doesn't count, that was your fault in the first place.”
 
“Let's see your friend's mental powers protect you from this!” yelled Eggman “Goliath activate plasma cannons!”
 
Two big guns came out from behind the shoulders of the Goliath. It took aim at Sonic and fired. Sonic ran around trying to dodge the humongous plasma bursts.
 
“You can run all you want Sonic, but with six chaos emeralds at my disposal my Goliath never tires!”
 
Suddenly Eggman heard loud banging coming from either end of the robot, then the plasma cannons had stopped shooting and there was a loud crash.
 
“What was that? What just happened!?!”
 
“Dr. Eggman, the plasma cannons are out of commission!” said Decoe.
 
Bocoe looked outside and said, “Actually the cannons are no longer on the Goliath.”
 
“What!?! How did…”
 
Knuckles, Amy, Cream, and Cheese slid down the other side of the Goliath.
 
“That will teach them not to mess with my Sonic.” said Amy.
 
“Sonic in case you haven't noticed, the plasma cannons have been taken care of.” said Knuckles.
 
“Wonderful, Tails have you found a weakness in the Goliath?”
 
“Yes I have, do you see that green triangle on its forehead?”
 
“I see it.”
 
“It seems that the Goliath is getting its power from there, I'll bet that's where the Chaos Emeralds are. It doesn't look as heavily armored as the rest of the robot, so I'll bet you could break through it with a spin dash Sonic. But you'll have to be quick before Eggman activates the shield.”
 
“No problem at all.”
 
Tails tossed Sonic another ring and Sonic began to spin dash at the Goliath's head.
 
“What the… He's coming right at us! GOLIATH SHIELDS UP!!!”
 
The Goliath started to raise its shields, but Sonic was too fast for it. Sonic flew at the green triangle on the Goliath's head and struck it dead on cracking it open, causing the chaos emeralds to fall out.
 
“Dr. Eggman we're losing power!” said Bocoe “I think Sonic has destroyed the emerald containment unit!”
 
“Well in that case there is only one thing to do.” said Eggman “ABANDON SHIP!!!”
 
Within moments the Goliath came crashing to the ground, and sent a huge cloud of smoke into the air. When the smoke cleared Dr. Eggman could see that Sonic and his friends were each holding one of the Chaos Emeralds.
 
“Looking for these?” said Sonic.
 
“I'm going to get you Sonic the Hedgehog! Maybe not today, tomorrow, or next week, maybe not even next year, possibly not even the year after, but I will get you eventually!” yelled Eggman flying off.
 
“Yippee!” said Cream “We have all seven Chaos Emeralds!”
 
“Chow Chow!”
 
“Now all we have to do is…”
 
Suddenly there was a strange flash coming from somewhere above.
 
“Wait, what's that?”
 
“The Master Emerald!” exclaimed Knuckles.