Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic X: Day of the Dragon ❯ Shopping for Dragons ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

“It would seem that Sam Speed was unsuccessful… No matter, science is a game of trial and error… My next batch will be even better… I just need a few more volunteers… Let's see how Thorndyke's little toys and animal friends fair against my next batch of creatures.”
 
“Good afternoon this is Scarlet Garcia. Everyone is still baffled by the appearance of a giant fire breathing lizard running through the streets of Station Square. The lizard managed to outrun the elite S-Team, a feat that no one has been able to accomplish since the famous Sonic the Hedgehog. And speak of the devil not long after the S-Team was bested Sonic came running onto the scene. Sonic started to engage the lizard and it seemed like a fair fight between the two, when the renowned Christopher Thorndyke donning one of his suits of powered body armor stepped in and subdued the lizard with a tranquilizer. Mr. Thorndyke had this to say.”
 
“I don't pretend to know what we're dealing with here, but we have the lizard in captivity, and we are going to find out what it is and where it came from.”
 
“More on this as it develops. In other news reports are coming in about a lot of teenage boys here in Station Square have gone missing.”
 
“Sonic it's time for your swimming lesson!”
 
“Oh joy.”
 
Sonic would rather watch the news then have to take on water. On the night after he had defeated Gigex he had asked Amy if she would give him swimming lessons some time.
 
“Me and my big fat mouth.” thought Sonic.
 
Sonic was wearing water wings so he wouldn't drown. But he still didn't like being in the water.
 
“Come on Sonic, kick and stroke!”
 
Amy did save Sonic the night they and the others fought Gigex. And his being unable to swim had been a real nuisance over the years. He thought he could use this as an opportunity to be nice to Amy and spend time with her, and just maybe get over his little Achilles heel.
 
“Come on Sonic I know you have strong legs. Do you want to be stuck in water wings forever?”
 
“Could you please stop reminding me of that? I really feel like a baby.”
 
“Sonic! Amy!”
 
“What is it Cream?”
 
“It just came on the news! The mall is under attack by more of those dragons! That's where Chris and Helen are!”
 
Sonic seized his opportunity and jumped out of the pool.
 
“Get the others and follow me; I had trouble when there was only one dragon.”
 
Sonic dashed off toward the mall at high speed, he was there within moments. He jumped up to the roof and crashed in through the sky light. Cream was right, there were a lot of dragons. He could see Chris in one of his suits protecting Helen.
 
“Who's up for some dragon pinball?”
 
Sonic went into a spin dash and started bouncing off the dragon's going back and forth.
 
“Is that all you've got?”
 
The dragons all got up and stared angrily at Sonic.
 
“I guess not.”
 
Suddenly Knuckles, Amy, Tails, Cosmo, Cream, and Cheese came in through the skylight above.
 
“Somebody call for backup?” said Tails pulling out the net launcher he brought.
 
“Let's take these beasts!” said Knuckles.
 
The dragons had lost interest in Chris and Helen and instead went after Sonic and the others.
 
“We have to help them!” said Helen.
 
“I know, but how?” said Chris “My suit is almost out of power… Wait a minute.”
 
Chris looked around and spotted the mall's toy store.
 
“I've got an idea, wait here.”
 
Chris ran over to the toy store and started pulling toy cars off the shelves. He spotted the cashier hiding behind the counter.
 
“I'm sorry I'll pay for these later, thank you!”
 
Knuckles was punching away at any dragons that got too close to him. While Amy was busy giving Cream a few pointers.
 
“Okay Cream remember, just take the bat and whack things.”
 
“You mean like this?”
 
WHAM!!!
 
“OOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!̶ 1; yelled the dragon Cream had hit “RIGHT IN THE DRAGON BALLS!!!”
 
Tails was on the second floor blasting dragons with his net launcher. Upon being caught in one of the nets the dragons where rendered unconscious by a surge of electricity that was sent through their bodies. But the dragons kept coming, and Tails had only brought enough for fifteen dragons.
 
“Nets! I'm all out of nuts! I mean Nuts! I'm all out nets!” he said.
 
The dragons started to move in on Tails when Cosmo floated down in front of him.
 
“Stop!” she said.
 
The dragons just started laughing.
 
“Oh my gosh! Look out!” said Cosmo pointing behind them.
 
The dragons looked back but saw nothing. Cosmo seized the opportunity to use her mental powers to throw the dragon through the air and into the wall on the other side. She smiled at Tails and said, “I can't believe they fell for that old trick.”
 
Sonic could see Knuckles was being overwhelmed by dragons on the lower floor.
 
“Bowling for dragons?” he said to himself.
 
He jumped down to the lower floor and went into a spin dash at the dragons and sent them flying.
 
“Strike!”
 
But some of the dragons were already getting up.
 
“These guys don't know when to quit.” said Knuckles.
 
“Double whammy?” asked Sonic.
 
“You know it!”
 
Knuckles charged at the nearest dragon from one side, and Sonic dashed at it from the other side. Sonic went into a spin dash, and Knuckles threw his fist forward. They both collided with the dragon's head at the same time, sending the dragon crashing back to the ground.
 
The dragons were really starting to get angry.
 
“Hey! Over here you walking hand bags!” yelled Chris.
 
The dragons turned around and looked at Chris.
 
“Hey weren't we supposed to catch him?”
 
“Hey, you're right. Get him!”
 
The dragons charged at Chris but when they were within a few feet of him they stepped on the toy cars that Chris had placed on the ground, they slipped and fell flat on their backs. Helen kissed him and said, “That was brilliant!”
 
“I saw it in a movie once.”
 
Sonic and the others ran over to them.
 
“Are you guys alright?”
 
“Right as rain.” said Chris “Can't say the same for these dragons though.”