Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic X: Night of the Vampire ❯ Sonic vs. Vampire Tails ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“You have got to be kidding me.”
 
Sonic had already overcome many traps in Gigex's palace while making his way to the top. But he didn't expect anything like this. Before him there was nothing but a cavern filled with water that stretched out way too far for him to jump across. He could not go back the way he came because another wall had fallen behind him blocking his way. He could use the Chaos Emeralds to turn into Super Sonic, but he thought it would be best to save that for when he got to Gigex.
 
“So what am I going to do? Wait a minute…”
 
Sonic just remembered the jar of dirt that Cosmo had given him before they came to the palace. He had no reason to believe it was anything but a simple jar of dirt, but Cosmo wouldn't have given it to him unless she thought he would need it.
 
“What do I have to lose?” Sonic thought.
 
Sonic unscrewed the lid for the jar, took out a handful of dirt, and threw it into the air ahead of him. Surprisingly only some of the dirt fell into the water; the rest seemed to float in mid air.
 
“What?”
 
Sonic knelt down and felt the area where some of the dirt had fallen. It felt as tough there was some kind of invisible floor there, it also seemed very narrow. Sonic placed one foot where the dirt had fallen, he didn't fall into the water.
 
“Invisible floor? Clever.”
 
Sonic started walking along the invisible floor sprinkling more dirt as he went. Unfortunately the invisible path didn't keep going straight, it kept turning in different directions. Eventually Sonic made it to the other side.
 
“I'll have to thank Cosmo for this later.”
 
Sonic ran up the stairs and found himself outside. It was still raining like crazy. He had just about reached the top of the palace. All he had to do was run along the bridge by the viaduct which led to the circular observation tower, which led right to the throne room. As he neared the observation tower he thought he saw someone up ahead as lightening flashed across the sky.
 
“Who the… Tails?”
 
“… Undead and kicking.”
 
Tails came at Sonic at an unbelievable speed and drop kicked him in the mouth, the force of the kick almost sent Sonic over the edge of the tower.
 
“Hey! What was that for?”
 
“I don't even know where to begin.” replied Tails in demonic voice, “But enough talk.” suddenly giant claws erupted out of Tail's fingertips. “Let's cut to the chase.”
 
Tails sprang forward, but Sonic went into a spin dash and rammed into him.
 
“What has happened to you? You know outside the obvious.”
 
“In case you haven't noticed Sonic, I'm not your little towel boy any more…”
 
Tails moved so fast it was like a blur and then he elbowed sonic in the chest.
 
“Now I am the one with the speed, the strength, and the power!”
 
“Tails has gone Giaki. Even worse, I think he's starting to like it.” thought Sonic.
 
Tails started slashing at Sonic, Sonic moved as fast as he could to dodge Tail's attacks but Sonic knew that as a Giaki Tails had gained enhanced speed, strength, and to top it all off immortality. Suddenly Tails made another slashing gesture at Sonic, only this time it created a crescent shaped bolt of energy that nearly sliced Sonic in half.
 
“Look Tails, it doesn't have to be this way. I came here to help you!”
 
“It's too late for that, you're too late, you only want to help yourself!”
 
“You know that's not true!”
 
Tail's crimson eyes started to glow even brighter, then suddenly two beams of energy shot out of his eyes and nearly blasted Sonic.
 
“Heat beam eyes? Sweet! Let's see what else I've got!”
 
Tails put his hands together and started to conjure a ball of dark energy and threw it a Sonic. Sonic dodged it but Tails only threw more balls of energy.
 
“Look Tails, Gigex is a vampire, I'm your friend!”
 
“Liar! You were never my friend! All these years you've been saying that just so I would be your little lap dog! And forget about Gigex, this is personal!”
 
This time when Tails threw the ball of energy it struck Sonic dead on. Sonic felt like he was having the life sucked out of him. When it was over he collapsed to the ground.
 
“You know something Sonic… You're nothing without me.” and he kicked him closer to the edge of the tower.
 
“Who comes up with all the good ideas? Me!” he kicked him again.
 
“Who does all the hard work? Me!” he kicked him again.
 
“Who makes all the sacrifices? Me! Do I get any credit for any of it? No! Because you are always there hogging the spotlight when you didn't do anything!”
 
Now Tails blasted Sonic with his heat beam eye blast.
 
“Honestly, I don't know why Amy keeps chasing you when it's clear you don't care about anyone other then yourself!”
 
“Okay now he's crossing the line.” thought Sonic getting up.
 
“You are so stupid Sonic the Hedgehog! You don't know how good you've got it! But I guess you don't know what you've got till it's gone!”
 
For a moment Sonic actually thought he was going to see a Giaki cry.
 
“Why… Why are you still alive? Why did Cosmo have to die? I would have happily sacrificed your miserable life and everyone else's if I could have kept her!”
 
Tails threw another blast of energy at Sonic, but Sonic sidestepped it.
 
“Tails listen; you don't have to do this. Cosmo has returned!”
 
“LIAR! It's just another lie to keep yourself alive! You think you can trick me into helping you destroy my glorious master so that you exploit my skills once again? Well here's a newsflash Sonic, I am never going back!”
 
“I'm sorry Tails but this is for your own good.”
 
Sonic charged at Tails and began fighting him up close, but Tails was matching him move for move.
 
“I know you better than you know yourself Sonic, try something I don't expect!”
 
“How about this!?!”
 
Sonic gave Tails an uppercut right in the chin. Tails was stunned long enough for Sonic to jump onto the roof of a nearby part of the castle.
 
“You can run Sonic! But you can't hide!”
 
Tails flew over to the rooftop he had seen Sonic jump to. It was hard to see in the dark of the night let alone through a raging storm.
 
“I don't need to see you Sonic! I can smell your life force! But make no mistake… I'm not here tonight to turn you into a Giaki… I'm here to destroy you!”
 
Tails jumped at something he thought was Sonic, but it was only one of the castles Gargoyles. Suddenly something flashed in front of Tails' eyes.
 
“I… can't… move.”
 
Sonic looked Tails in the eye and said, “You can smell my life force? You may be a Giaki, but you're no Gigex.”
 
Tails growled and said, “You're doomed hedgehog! You may have defeated the servant, but you shall never defeat the master! The glorious one will devour every last bit of your delicious life!”
 
Suddenly Sonic's wrist com started beeping. That meant that either Cosmo and the others had found the heart or…
 
“Sonic! Sonic please pick up!”
 
“Yes Amy what is it?”
 
“Sonic? Oh please tell me you're okay!”
 
“You know me Amy, I'm fine.”
 
“Really? Are you sure? Please tell me that you're sure!”
 
“Amy I appreciate your concern for my well being but please, Do you guys have the chest?”
 
“I was so worried about… I mean… Yes.”
 
“Good. Tell Cosmo I said thanks for the rose necklace and the jar of dirt. Call the others and meet me up top. It's time to end this.”