Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic X: Night of the Vampire ❯ Showdown in the Sky ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The time was now 3:04 AM. Sonic had left Tails on top of the observation tower and proceeded across the bridge that led to the tower in which was Gigex's throne room. He climbed up the winding staircase and found himself facing two large elaborate doors; he spin dashed his way through and called out, “GIGEX!”
The room was enormous, cold, and shrouded in an eerie mist. From out the windows one could see the still raging storm.
 
“Greetings Sonic. I must say I'm impressed that you're still alive.”
 
Gigex emerged from the shadows on the other side of the room.
 
“You know why I'm here.”
 
“Yes… Fate has brought you here to hand deliver the Chaos Emeralds to me personally… Saving me the trouble of having to start, fight, and win another galaxy wide war to get them myself.”
 
“Why do you want the Chaos Emeralds so bad? Look at what they along with your magic have done to you!”
 
“Yes I know, I have so much already. I have eternal life, super human strength and speed, and all the loyal minions I desire. But you are mistaken Sonic… I don't want the Chaos Emeralds for myself… You see eternity is not worth spending if I cannot spend it without my precious Princess Morganna… Without her I have nothing… But with all the life force I have gathered along with the power of the emeralds I will restore her to this life… and together we will rule the universe forever…”
 
“So you make innocents suffer for the sake of your own wounded heart!?!”
 
“You have no concept of the harm of which I am capable of… But I do so hate to waste a life when it can be spent in servitude to me…”
 
“Life or living death?”
 
“As I have already told you… to become vampire is to heighten all of one's senses. To achieve speed, strength, and immortality… There is no good and evil Sonic the hedgehog… there is only you… what you want… and anyone who tries to get in your way.”
 
“You want the emeralds so bad?”
 
Sonic started glowing and then transformed into Super Sonic.
 
“You're going to have to take them from me.”
 
Sonic spin dashed at Gigex, but before he even made contact Gigex threw his fist at him and WHAM!!!
 
Sonic was flung back and crashed into the wall.
 
“You may have the Chaos Emeralds Sonic, but relative to me, all that makes you is a very strong mouse.”
 
“Dude, I'm a hedgehog not a mouse.”
 
Sonic got up and started running in circles around the whole room, he was moving so fast it looked like he was everywhere at once.
 
“Nice try hedgehog, but not good enough.”
 
Gigex threw his hands to either side of him and a shockwave of energy erupted in all directions. Sonic was once again flung into the wall.
 
“Is that all you've got? I'm just getting warmed up!”
 
Gigex's eyes started to glow and then twin beams of energy shot from them. Sonic jumped out of the way just in time.
 
“Okay… that's it… play time is officially over.”
 
Sonic charged at Gigex at full speed, but Gigex jumped about ten feet into the air and blasted Sonic from behind. When Sonic fell into the wall he accidentally dropped the chaos emeralds, and returned to normal.
 
“MWAHAHAHAHA! I've been waiting a long time for this… my little blue friend.”
 
Gigex walked slowly towards Sonic and the emeralds when suddenly…
 
“GET AWAY FROM MY SONIC!!!”
 
Amy came out of no where and started pounding away at Gigex until he was flat on the ground. Then she ran over to Sonic, picked him up, and hugged him so hard it nearly choked him to death.
 
“Oh Sonic! You're okay! He was going to impale you on an iron stick! As soon as I found out I got up here as soon as I could!”
 
“Amy… can't… breathe.”
 
“Sorry.”
 
Gigex got up and looked really angry.
 
“Ugh… That will buff right out.” said Sonic.
 
“Ah… Love… Don't worry… You can spend an eternity together in oblivion.”
 
Gigex started to conjure two more balls of energy when suddenly.
 
“AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”
 
“No, you will not hurt anyone else.” said Cosmo.
 
Gigex turned around and saw that he had been zapped by Sonic's friends.
 
“Impossible! Eggman told me that you and your clan were…”
 
Gigex saw that Sonic's friends where holding the chest.
 
“I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL!!!”
 
Gigex leaped at Cosmo and the others, when suddenly he was blasted from another direction.
 
“Hey Dracula! Pick on someone your own size!” said Chris.
 
Gigex could see that he was out numbered 12 to 1.
 
“MINIONS COME TO MY AID!”
 
The Giaki came out of no where and charged at Sonic and the others. They had to fight for their lives and at the same time keep Gigex and the Giaki from getting the chest back. Sonic and friends kept passing the chest around, while Chris kept Gigex occupied.
 
“Say hello to my little friend.”
 
Chris would never leave home without his new ionic sword.
 
“You call that a sword?” said Gigex conjuring one of his own. “I'll give you a sword.”
 
“My mother would so not approve.” thought Chris.
 
Chris and Gigex slashed away at each other like crazy, fortunately for Chris he had seen a lot of movies over the years. At one point Chris and Gigex's blades were locked together.
 
“Why do you mortals bother? The chest is useless without the key.”
 
“We already have the key.” said Chris.
 
Gigex took the locket out from underneath his armor to make sure it was still there.
 
“No you don't.” he said flashing it in Chris' face.
 
Chris smiled and said, “Oh, that key.”
 
Chris pulled out his hidden ionic dagger and slashed the locket from its chain.
 
“Sonic! The locket!”
 
Sonic dashed at the locket, but Gigex sent out a shockwave that knocked him, Chris, and everyone else flat.
 
Cosmo tried to use her mental powers to pull the locket toward her, but Gigex stepped on it first.
 
“You must be Cosmo… Your ancestors paid me a great insult once… unfortunately I offer no forgiveness for enemies sins passed to their descendants.”
 
Gigex looked out the window and saw Tails on the observation tower bound by the enchantment of the rose necklace. Gigex used his own mental powers to slash the necklace from a distance.
 
“Hear me little one… Your dark master calls to you.”
 
Tails came to the throne room and stood before Gigex.
 
“What is your bidding my master?”
 
Gigex pointed at Cosmo and said, “Destroy her.”
 
“It will be done mas… Wait… Cosmo!?!”
 
“Tails… please, don't listen to him. Just as I have promised, I've come back for you.”
 
“I order you to destroy her!”
 
For a moment Tails just stood there.
 
“No… No I won't!”
 
“You cannot refuse me… No mortal can resist my power.”
 
Tails fell to his knees and his hands gripped his head.
 
“No… I won't do it… I love her… Get out of my head!”
 
“Do as I command or I will destroy you!”
 
Tails' vampire claws sprang out but Tails didn't move.
 
“NO! NOT AGAIN!! NEVER AGAIN!!!”
 
Tails spun around and jumped at Gigex instead knocking him off his feet.
 
“Tails the locket!”
 
Tails jumped back and picked up the locket and made for the chest, but Gigex got up first and threw his sword.
 
“AAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!”
 
“TAILS!!!”
 
For a moment Tails just stood there, then he started laughing.
 
“WHAT!?!” exclaimed Gigex.
 
Tails ripped the sword out of his chest and said, “You forget, I'm one of your immortal servants, you cannot kill me.”
 
Gigex's eyes began to glow.
 
“Give me the key or I will make you wish I could.”
 
Tails opened his hands and said, “What key?”
 
“WHAT!?!”
 
“Hey Gigex!”
 
Gigex turned around and saw Sonic standing in front of the opened chest. In one hand Sonic held the heart, and in the other he held Chris' dagger.
 
“Get ready to join Morganna… In HELL!”
 
“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!”
 
It happened so fast, it happened so slow, when the dagger pierced the heart Gigex threw up his arms and wailed in agony. There was a blinding flash of light and little shining orbs flew from Gigex's body.
 
“What's happening?” asked Bokkun.
 
“The life force.” said Cosmo “It's returning to it's original owners.”
 
One by one the life force returned to its original owners and they returned to normal. Gigex was on the ground, one hand struggling to support him; the other clutched the place where his heart should have been.
 
“… Morganna…”
 
At that instant Gigex burst into flames. One by one the former Giaki started to wake up.
 
“Wha… What happened?”
 
“Mother!”
 
Cream ran over to her mother and hugged her.
 
“Sweetie? I had the most peculiar dream.”
 
“Whoa… What happened? Where are we?” asked Vector getting up.
 
“Can someone tell me what in the world is going on here?” asked Eggman.
 
“When vampirism leaves one's system, so does the victim's memory of it.” said Cosmo.
 
“Thanks for pointing out the obvious.” said Rouge.
 
Suddenly everyone heard something that didn't sound like thunder.
 
“What is that noise?” asked Amy.
 
“Guys! We're falling out of the sky!” said Knuckles pointing out the window.
 
Everyone huddled to the windows and saw that they were indeed hurtling back to earth.
 
“Do not panic!” said Sonic.
 
Sonic picked up the chaos emeralds and threw one to Shadow.
 
“Shadow get us out of here!”
 
Shadow raised the Chaos Emerald over his head and yelled, “Chaos Control NOW!!!”
 
Within the blink of an eye everyone was teleported safely to the ground miles away. They all watched as the castle fell to earth sending a huge cloud of smoke into the air. The vicious storm that had been raging all night subsided, and all over the galaxy everyone breathed a sigh of relief… It was all just a memory.
 
“We did it! We defeated Gigex! Tails you were awesome, you were… Tails?”
 
Tails had returned to normal, but he was on his knees with one hand on his chest. He took a look at it and saw it was all red.
 
“Uh-oh… that's not… good.” and he fell to the ground.
 
“OH MY GOD! TAILS!!!”