Sorcerer Hunters Fan Fiction ❯ Oh Brother! ❯ And So The Journey Begins! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Oh Brother!
By: N-chan and C-chan

Chapter 2

Standard Disclaimer: Second verse, same as the first!!
*************************************************************** ***********************
Carrot: Hey, maybe I'll get some girls in this chapter!

N-chan: Carrot dear, you're sadly mistaken…

Duo: Oi!! When do I get to come in, ne?

Heero: ……

C-chan: You all complain too much! Let's just get on with the fic!

Anime Characters: *grumble*
************************************************************* *************************
At about three in the morning, Carrot slipped off the futon he had been laying on trying to sleep and crept into the main part of the Tendo household. He quietly went down the hall, making sure he walked lightly, and stopped in front of the first door he came to. There was a sign on the door, but he couldn't read it in the darkness, so he decided to just risk opening the door and see who was inside. He was hoping to perhaps find the room of that red headed girl Ranko who had been with Akane at the Chiropractor's. Holding his breath, he opened the door as quiet as possible and poked his head in. The moon shone through a window and washed over the person sleeping in the bed, letting Carrot see them clearly. It was Kasumi. Carrot sighed and started to close the door, but suddenly Kasumi rolled over and freaked him out, causing him to lose grip on the door and turn around so fast he smacked into a wall with a bang. The door shut a second after he hit the wall, making an even louder thunking noise. Carrot stood stock still in the hallway, listening to see if he could hear anyone getting up. After a minute or so, he relaxed and continued his search. He came up in front of the next room, once again not being able to see the sign on the door, and opened the door ever so quietly. He looked in to once again see that the moonlight was shining through the window. In the room there were what looked like three people, one in the bed and two on the floor in sleeping bags. In an instant, he knew which room he had come upon. Akane's room. The one that Tira and Chocolat were staying in for the night. Slowly, ever slowly, he backed out of the room, making sure he closed the door softly. After the door was definitely closed, Carrot wiped a thin line of sweat of his eyebrow and sighed in relief. The last thing he wanted was for Chocolat to wake up. After that near death experience, Carrot continued down the hall. The next room he came to, he recognized. Nabiki's room. Remembering the malleting he had gotten the last time he wandered into Nabiki's room, he turned away from it, not even touching the doorknob. He continued down the hall until he got to what looked like could be a guest room. He grinned. "This must be the room that Ranko girl is in!" he whispered to himself and opened the door ever so quietly. He looked in to once again see that the moonlight was working to his advantage. His grin got even wider when he saw four human shapes and a panda shape sleeping on futons on the floor. He ever so slowly inched into the room and strained his eyes to see which shape was which. (=^^=: well the panda shape is bound to be the panda! no dah!)(=>>: really? I thought the panda form was duo….) He made out the shape of his brother and Gateau easily. Marron's slight frame and Gateau's bulky one were easy to pick out. But between the other two was much harder. He strained his eyes even more. The moonlight was fading fast, making it hard to figure which was which. He inched even closer to the sleeping forms of his brother and Gateau, who were closest to the door, and leaned over them to see the other two sleeping figures closer. Suddenly, he heard a door open and close and footsteps. Carrot's eyes went wide and he tried to stand back up, only resulting in him totally losing his balance and falling forward, right smack on top of his brother and Gateau.
Carrot landed with a thump and bounced off of Gateau, resulting on him landing next to Nodoka and Ranko. He stayed still and just lay there, hoping he hadn't waken anyone up. He hadn't made a sound in his fall and was hoping that Gateau was an extremely heavy sleeper. Looking over, he sighed in relief. He had only hit Gateau and not his brother, since Carrot knew that his brother was a light sleeper, a complete opposite of himself. And it also seemed that Gateau was, in fact, a heavy sleeper, a very heavy sleeper, since Carrot had just bounced off of him for god's sake and he hadn't moved one bit. "Man, that guy is like a rock. Either that, or I'm extremely light." Carrot muttered to himself. He stood back up and grinned once again after he saw where he had landed. He leaned over once more and looked to see if he could find which one was Ranko. The one in front of him seemed to be only fourteen and was slightly smaller than Ranko. "So that must mean that the one by the panda is Ranko!" he said to himself and carefully walked over Nodoka. It seemed that Ranko was sharing her bed with the panda, at least from where Carrot was standing. He found that rather odd, but shrugged it off. He inched in closer and closer until he could see the face of the person next to the panda clearly. But something wasn't right. Carrot leaned in closer and gasped. The person sleeping by the panda was a guy! Stepping backwards, Carrot tripped over Nodoka and fell over on to her. Nodoka woke up right away at someone falling on top of her and when she saw who it was, she screamed. Loudly. And of course, faced with a screaming girl, Carrot started yelling too. At all this, everyone else in the room woke up, even the panda. The guy jumped up and looked around with wide eyes, babbling, "Wha-what? What's happening? Where am I?" Marron just shook his head, mumbling something about his brother, and Gateau looked around with half closed eyes trying to figure out what was going on. The panda just sat there looking disconcerted. Suddenly the door flew open to reveal the rest of the Tendo household, even Happosai. The panda held up a sign that read: Don't look at me. I'm innocent! Chocolat and Tira looked over at the guy standing in the middle of the room babbling. Suddenly, Chocolat got a bright look in her eye and pulled out the picture Big Momma had given them. "Tira! Look! That guy standing over there looks like that evil sorcerer Saotome we were assigned to get rid of!" Chocolat said. Tira looked at the picture and then said, "You're right Chocolat! That is him!"
Akane blinked when she heard them say these things. "Evil sorcerer Saotome?" she said with a funny look on her face. "That's what Kuno calls him," she muttered. Tira and Chocolat didn't hear her though, they were busy. Already in dominatrix, they began to advance upon the boy in the middle of the room. Finally awake, his eyes went very wide when he saw Tira and Chocolat advancing on him and a very thin line of blood ran out of his nose. When Akane saw this, however, she didn't like it one bit. With a growl, she pulled out her ever present giant mallet and smacked the boy through the roof and into the pond outside. Tira and Chocolat stopped in their tracks and stared open mouthed at the new skylight in the roof. Then they slowly turned to Akane, who already had her mallet put away and was brushing her hands off. "That'll show him," she muttered. "How did you…." Tira started. "DO that?" Chocolat finished her sister's sentence. Akane looked over to them. "What do you mean? I do that all the time, it's no big deal," she said with a slightly confused expression on her face. Tira and Chocolat's eyes got bigger, if that's even possible, and they said in unison, "You do that ALL THE TIME?" Akane nodded. "Yeah, what's the big deal anyway? It's not like he's all that powerful anyway." She said shrugging. Well, that was a bit too much for the two sisters. They just stood there staring at her, with open mouths and huge eyes. "According to Big Momma, that guy was a really strong sorcerer, and she just pitched him through the roof. She must be strong." Tira thought. After that little mishap was over, everyone finally noticed why they had come in to the room to begin with, and decided that the source of them losing sleep had to be punished. Of course, the two sisters were happy to punish Carrot, each in their own way.
The next day, a thoroughly beaten Carrot, two very confused Misu sisters, and the usual Marron and Gateau were ready to leave the Tendo Dojo and the strange happenings of Nerima. Other than the brush with the Evil Sorcerer Saotome and Akane's mysterious strength, they had also been assaulted by a very pissed off Chinese girl, a mad Okonomiyaki chef, and an insane gymnast, along with many others. But now they were leaving, and very happy about it too. Sure, the Tendos were nice people, but there were just too many weird things going on for comfort. (=^^=: they think that NERIMA is weird? look at where THEY live for pete's sake!) But, before they could leave, Tira and Chocolat had something to ask Akane. Taking her aside, Tira said to her, "Akane-san, we had an idea after we saw how well you handled that sorcerer, Saotome. We decided that maybe you could come along with the rest of the Sorcerer Hunters to the Spooner continent and maybe get a job as a Sorcerer Hunter." Akane's eyes lit up a bit. "Really? That would be something new." She looked around and then whispered. "Actually, it would be really sugoi to be a Sorcerer Hunter. Martial Arts get a bit boring after awhile and plus, then I won't have to be around him. I'd love to come with you guys." Suddenly, her eyes darkened. "But I bet that Dad won't let me." Akane said in a slightly depressed voice. "Why don't you ask him? We could definitely use someone with your talent in the group." Chocolat said. Akane nodded with a slightly puzzled look on her face. "Hai, I'll ask him. Hold on for just a sec," she said and went over to Soun who was with the rest, minus Ranko, for some reason, and said, "Dad?" He looked to her and said, "Yes, Akane?" Akane went right to the point. "Well Dad, Tira and Chocolat wanted to know if I could come along with them and the rest of the Sorcerer Hunters to the Spooner continent where they live and maybe get a job as a Sorcerer Hunter." Soun started to say no, but Kasumi caught his eye and he was quiet. Kasumi came over. "I think that it would be a good experience for Akane-chan. She needs to do some things away from home so she knows how the rest of this world is. She needs to prepare herself for bigger things anyway Father. Why not let her go?" Kasumi said. Soun nodded and then said, "Okay Akane, you may go. But make sure you write us every once and awhile and remember that this is a temporary thing. You will have to come back and accept your responsibilities eventually, if you know what I mean." Akane nodded with a bright smile. "I'll remember Dad," she said and then turned to Kasumi. "Arrigato Onee-chan," she said smiling. Then she ran inside to pack a few things to start with.
Finally, the Sorcerer Hunters were ready to leave the Tendo Dojo, and Nerima, with Akane. After quite a few goodbyes, they finally were on their way. After the six shadows disappeared over a hill, Kasumi went to a fairly big tree and called up into it, "Ranma-kun!" The boy that Akane had punted through the roof, courtesy of her mallet popped his head out of the tree and looked down at Kasumi. "Yes?" he said, hanging onto a branch with his knees. "Akane-chan went along with those Sorcerer Hunters to their home on the Spooner continent." Kasumi said. "So?" Ranma muttered, with a faint hint of concern on the edge of his voice. "Why should I care? I'm glad that uncute tomboy is gone." Kasumi sighed and shook her head slightly. "It's not that I'm afraid that those nice people will do anything to her, but Sorcerer Hunters have a very dangerous job, and you and I both know that Akane isn't really that strong."
"Yeah, just handy with that damn giant mallet of hers," Ranma muttered rubbing the bump on his head. "Anyway, so I really would like you to follow her." Kasumi said looking up at him. Ranma nearly fell out of the tree. "What?! You saw how those crazy girls tried to kill me! I have enough girls trying to kill me, I don't need anymore of them after me!" he yelled. Kasumi sighed again and said, "Ranma, you should be ashamed of yourself. Not protecting your inazuke." Ranma shook his head, crossing his arms. "No way, no how am I going after that violent tomboy. She can protect herself just fine." Kasumi sighed again and looked down. "I was trying to be nice, but you have forced me to use drastic measures." Kasumi said in almost a whisper. Suddenly, Kasumi looked up with fire in her eyes. "If you do not go after Akane-chan, I will be forced to use the Tendo school special attack," she said in a not-so-nice voice. Ranma freaked and fell out of the tree. "Ok, ok! Gomen ne Kasumi! I'll go! Sheesh." Ranma said, brushing the dirt off his black pants and red shirt. "Arrigato Ranma-kun." Kasumi said in her usual sweet voice and smiled. "I'll go pack you a bag. Oh, and I think you should follow at a distance if you don't want those two nice girls after you again." With that, Kasumi went off to pack Ranma a bag. With a growl, he followed after her, muttering something about 'that stupid tomboy'.
Finally, Ranma was ready to go and ran until he could hear the voices of the Sorcerer Hunters and Akane. Then he slowed his pace and began darting in and out of the trees lining the road they were walking on, making sure he stayed out of their view. "Who knows what they'll all do to me if they catch me following them…."Ranma muttered to himself. Suddenly, Marron turned and looked over…right where Ranma was! With a silent curse, he dove behind the tree closest to him and peeked around it slightly. With a sigh of relief, he saw Marron turn back around and continue walking behind the others next to Gateau. And so he went on. After an hour or so though, he was beginning to have doubts about this whole 'stay hidden' thing. It was getting on his nerves having to duck behind a tree almost every five minutes. With a sigh, he ducked behind a tree again and said quietly to himself, "I have got to think of an easier way to do this." Then he snapped his fingers. "I've got it! I'll just go into my cursed form and join up with them. But how will I get them to let me come along…" he whispered to himself. Then he noticed another problem. "Where am I gonna get some cold water?" he said in exasperation. Just then, a loud crash of thunder was heard and a jagged bolt of lightning flashed across the sky. Ranma looked up just as it began to rain extremely hard. "Well that solves my problem," Ranko muttered in slight annoyance.
************************************************************ **************************
Authors' Notes: Well? How was this? Shall we continue? I hope you all said yes, or we would all be outta business!! ^^

Carrot: I still didn't get any girls!! *whines*

Duo: Well at least you're in this!! Me and Hee-chan aren't even in here yet!!

Heero: …..

C-chan: You all complain way too much!

All anime characters: Well we are the main part of this you know!

N-chan and C-chan: *sweatdrop*

N-chan: Okay! Hope you enjoyed this part! More chapters to come soon, and I promise, there will be Gundam Wing in it! Sayonara for now! And please review, the crew might up and quit on us without them!!