Sorcerer Hunters Fan Fiction ❯ Unnoticed Feelings ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

-Konnichiwa, minna-san!! ^-^ First, this is a major CARROT+CHOCOLATE pairing story. So if you don't like it, I must ask you leave. Gomen. I mean, after all, why would you want to read something you don't like. Hm? That excludes school assignments. Anyhoo ... Second, ALL my pairing are STRAIGHT couples. Again, I ask that if you do not like it, please leave now. Third, This happens after the TV series. Now what else was there to talk about?

Chibi Marron: *walks into the room* Maybe the fact that Tira and I here to help you?

-Oh, yeah! I forgot about that. ^.^'

Chibi Tira: *bounces into the room* And that we're in chibi form when we're in the A/N.

-That, too. Now that we got that covered, who wants to do the disclaimer?

Tira: *bounces up and down* Me! Me!! I wanna say the disclaimer!! ^-^ Ahem! Under all circumstances, Sakura Scout has no real possession of Sorcerer Hunters or any anime and manga at all. The only thing she does own that is anime/manga related are the fanfics she writes.

Marron: And here`s a section barrier key:

@.@ = A/N

~*~ = regular dialogue

*{blah}* = dream

-Okay, then!! Now let's get this fic started!! ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^-^

@.@

*~UNNOTICED FEELINGS~*

Prologue

A heart-wrenching scream echoed throughout the palace. Fast paced footsteps filled the corridors as well as cries of a little sister worried for her elder. The footsteps stopped and shadows enclosed the bedroom door of a certain feisty whip wielding female. Carrot Glace barged into the room, sword drawn. He froze at the sight that greeted him and his sword clattered to the marble floor, making a slight slush with the dark crimson liquid that stained the room.

"Oneesan! Oneesan, what happened?" Tira Misu rushed past Carrot and stopped right in front of him as she let the scene register in her mind. Tears quickly found their way to eyes, then her cheeks, soon the mixing with the blood on the floor, and finally into Marron Glace's shirt that now held her tightly against his chest, blocking her view of the room and comforting her with soothing words. Gateau Mocha lowered his head in disgust and sadness. He cursed under his breath and silently made a prayer that Chocolate had survived whatever had partaken. Dotta, who was with them, was mortified by the sight and ran down the hall to the nearest window to empty the contents of her stomach.

Carrot didn't hear what was going about him, all he heard was silence and the beat of his own heart as he caught sight of a tattered and blooded biker hat along side a thin, almost clear whip. Suddenly, a scream erupted from Tira's trembling lips. Carrot snapped back to the world around him and noted that Tira was pointing to the shattered window in the room. He saw a lifeless female form being held a few inches off the ground by the neck by a figure wielding a sword, the sight illuminated by moonlight. Immediately, Carrot grabbed his sword and jumped out of the window, not caring if the remaining shards had damaged his flesh. Charging at the figure that held the sword, Carrot aimed the sword at its heart. Unfortunately, the figure smirked and raised its sword, sheathing it deep into the neck of the woman he was holding right before Carrot managed to take the figure down. Bathed in moonlight as the sword in her neck was removed and she fell, one word was whispered from her dying lips.

"Darling ..." Carrot looked at the falling female and caught her before she touched the cool grass. Covered in her own blood in his arms laid a lifeless Chocolate Misu. Soon the sound of rushed footsteps came to Carrot's ears and soon voices of worry and despair. Tira collapsed in front of Carrot.

"Oneesan. Oneesan, it's time to go inside. You'll get a cold if you stay out here." Tira's eyes were sad and a weak smile graced her lips, trying to make herself believe her sister was only injured and nothing more. When she received no response, she tried again.

"Oneesan, we still have to watch over Carrot together. I can't do it without you. Oneesan ... Oneesan, wake up. Please wake up. Open your eyes. I beg of you to open them. Show me you're okay. Give me sign that you're not ... That you're not ... That I'm wrong ... Oneesan, please ... Oneesan ..." Tears flowed freely upon the younger Misu sister's face as she slowly rocked back and forth, not wanting to believe what was happening. Marron came beside Carrot, checking Chocolate for a chance of survival. Gateau walked over to the "murder" and spit on it in disgust along with saying a few curse words.

~*~

The group brought both lifeless forms into the palace; Chocolate to the infirmary, the "murder" to the dungeon (I didn't know Big Momma's palace had a dungeon ?_?).

"Will she be all right, Dotta?" Tira stood worriedly at Chocolate's bedside, holding her hand with Dotta behind her. Daughter had her eyes down cast and shrugged. She looked Tira straight in the eye.

"To be honest, I'm not sure. I've done all I can; it's no longer in my hands, but hers." Dotta nodded towards Chocolate released a sigh of frustration. Tira just sat there, looked at her elder sibling and squeezed her hand.

~*~

A young man, maybe 18, was thrown against the wall HARD. He was a shorthaired brunette with a strange do. His complexion was extremely pale, either normally or from lose of blood. Gateau lifted the youth off the ground to make him stand at his full height. From the looks of it, the young boy was half a head shorter than the buff older man was and much leaner, too. The blonde man pinned the boy against the wall and looked him square in the eye.

"Why did you attack the girl?! Did someone send you?!" The boy kept silent, refusing to answer, this only caused him more pain. Gateau let the youth fall from his grip after he had sent a blow to the brunette's already bleeding torso. Letting out a sigh of pure frustration, Gateau stormed out of the cell and let Marron in to heal the prisoner's wounds. Afterwards, they locked the iron, anti-magic door and walked up the stairs back to the main level. As soon as they were out of sight, a shadow stealthily made its way to the cell door and quietly opened it. As the shadow stepped into the cell room, he was illuminated in moonlight. There stood Carrot Glace, sword drawn and the tip pointed at the young man's throat.

"Why did you attack her?" His voice low and deadly. His tone along with the glare he shot at the boy, would`ve sent a whole imperial century running, but the boy was unfazed. Loosing his patients, Carrot leaned the sword a bit forward, causing drops of blood to splatter on the stone floor. Still, the youth made no effort to move. Carrot would've driven the sword threw the kid's throat, like he did Chocolate, but he needed answers.

"Tell me ..." The youth sighed in defeat.

"Fine. I attacked her because I was hired to. I mean, I couldn't very much pass up a deal with the amount of money she was offering. And the lovely lady was just as easy to take down as she had said. Who? An old woman. She hid under an old cloak, if you could even call it that. Met her over at Oni's Peak. Very persistent that the girl died by numerous wounds and a finishing by running her threw the neck with a sword. The old hag even provided the weapon, said that she needed the sword that slew the girl. Don't know why. Now, can you point that thing somewhere else? You already ran me threw." Carrot sheathed his sword, tossed some bandages in the kid's direction and left the room.

~*~

"Her injuries are fully healed, but she lost a lot of blood and there is a chance of over exhaustion from recovery and the attack. I`m not sure she`ll completely heal, much less last much longer." Morning had come, though no one could sleep with the current situation-taking place. An awkward silence settled upon the room, worry etched on each conscious face in the room. Abruptly Carrot slammed a fist into the wall he was leaning on and stormed out of the room. Marron made a move to follow his older brother, but was stopped by Gateau, shaking his head. Sighing in defeat, Marron looked at the spot where Carrot had been standing a few moments ago. Cracks spreading on the wall where Carrot had placed a frustrated blow.

~*~

Carrot stormed into his room and slammed the door behind him. Light filtered into the room from his window as he leaned against the door and drooped to the ground. Exhausted from worry, frustration, and lack of sleep finally overcame him. He soon drifted into a dream of pure memory and thought.

*{CARROT'S DREAM}*

Carrot Glace stood in a place of pitch black. Silence greeted him in every direction as he began to walk. After what seem like hours of walking, Carrot caught sight of a certain red head.

"Chocolate!" Chocolate smiled in the way she did for only him and began to walk away. Carrot ran after her, but unable to reach her. As her image was out of sight, a scream all to familiar cut through the silence of the darkness. Fear washing over him, Carrot ran in the direction the scream originated from. The familiar scene of Chocolate falling came to view and he caught her before she touched the cold ground. Her lifeless scared him more than ever and began to shake her, trying to wake her from her slumber.

"Chocolate, wake up. It's me. Carrot." There was no response. He tried again.

"C'mon, Chocolate. Everyone's worried especially Tira."

"Please, Chocolate. I mean, what would Tira do without you? ... What would I do without you?" <What am I saying?> He saw a drop of water splash upon Chocolate's cheek, and then he realized he was crying. <What am I feeling?>Tears poured freely from his eyes. He made no effort to wipe them away. One after another found its way to Chocolate's skin. Suddenly her body vanished. What was left was blood staining Carrot's skin and clothes. Carrot just stared aimlessly at his blood-covered form with his tears still flowing. He hugged himself as he rocked back and forth. Soon, all around him echoed one word in all kinds of tones.

"Darling. Darling! Darling? Darling?! Darling ..." He clutched his fists over his ears, trying to block out the voice. Then images began to flash around him, from childhood up to now. Something in his chest tighten to an unbearable state as the images passed by. He closed his eyes trying to escape the past. Unfortunately, He could still see them, hear them. The images and voices were of Chocolate, nothing but Chocolate. A small voice slipped threw the voices.

"What is it you feel for her?" Carrot continued to rock.

"I don't know. I don't want to know."

"Why?"

"I'm scared of what it'll be."

"How can you be so scared of your feelings?" Carrot stopped rocking back and forth.

"I don't know."

"Don't be scared. Don't be scared of how you feel." Carrot opened his eyes and lowered him hands to his sides. There stood before him, stood a 7-year-old version of him.

"Don't be afraid to love her." The darkness shattered into a blinding light.

@.@

-Whoa. Did I just write that?

Chibi Tira and Marron: *nod heads* Hai.

-Just wanted to make sure I wasn't dreaming. *pinches cheek* Ow! Well, that makes it official. Anyhoo, now let's get to the chapter's major question(s). Marron-chan!!

Chibi Marron: What exactly is going on? Who was old woman that sent the assassin to kill Chocolate? Who is this 18-year-old, anyway? Why does 7-yea-old carrot appear in Carrot's dream? Does Carrot really love Chocolate? Am I done yet?

-Yup. Tira, you're up for the preview.

Chibi Tira: The next chapter will revolve around Chocolate before, during, and after the attack. Is Oneesan gonna die, Sakura?! <.>

-We'll see. Anyways, I'd really appreciate some comments and criticism. Even flames!! I like s'mores. ^-^ Oh! I better go. I still have school assignments to do. *cracks fingers* Grrrrrrrr ... I hate school. >.< Oh, well. See ya all later!!

JA NE, MINNA-SAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^.^

signed:

*~SAKURA SCOUT~*