Sorcerer Stabber Orphen Fan Fiction ❯ Velvet Flames ❯ Just An Offering... ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

:: Velvet Flames ::

Sorcerous Stabber Orphen

Disclaimer: I don't own Sorcerous Stabber Orphen or any of the characters mentioned.

Rating: PG

Pairings: Krylancelo(Orphen)+Azari, Hartia+Krylancelo, Childman+Azari/Azari+Childman, eventual Krylancelo/Majic

Warnings: language, slight shounen ai

Changes: Orphen will, for the most part, be known as Krylancelo, at least for the first few chapters

Notes: ^^; Sorry it took so long. I was in an Orphen slump for a while. But my oh-so-wonderful Kat-chan muse gave me an idea and I finally saw the last five episodes of the first series and-GAH! Majic has MORE moments of glory! *spins* I love Majic... I really do. He's so adorable and cute and sweet and mostly selfless and funny and-- *ranting continues...*

The barest shifting of cloth alerted both of the young students. One raised an eyebrow in amusement while the other appeared to be having a problem holding back from lashing out at... something.

"Now, Krylancelo," Hartia said mildly, obviously enjoying the irritation that simple sound had caused his friend. "We don't want to hurt him. Flameheart-senpai will have Childman fired before you could say 'unfair' and you know it."

"It's just getting annoying," Krylancelo hissed under his breath. "The following, watching him imitate me in secret... Not to mention if anyone finds out..."

Even as he said this, Hartia couldn't help but notice how the corners of his friend's mouth twitched, as though he were trying not to smile and look pleased with himself. The little boy, Majic Lyn, seemed to worship the ground Krylancelo walked on. It was often the two spotted him watching them. Every time this happened, Majic would quickly look away, obviously believing that they hadn't noticed.

However, two full years of this kind of behavior was really beginning to grate on Krylancelo's nerves.

"I think it's cute," Hartia said mockingly a few hours later, earning a glare.

"Do you, now?" was the sarcastic reply. Lately Krylancelo had been acting very testy. Hartia had the feeling it might have had to do with the blonde boy following them everywhere, but something else told him it was really Azari that was making him so edgy.

It was clear that the twelve-year old boy was hitting puberty; his voice cracked sometimes, causing him to blush in embarrassment, especially if Azari was nearby. Not only that, but he was growing more cautious around the said girl, choosing his words carefully. To Hartia and Azari it was amusing. To Krylancelo it was embarrassing.

"Oh, yes," Hartia replied with utmost calm. "Especially considering he's Flameheart's student and he's nice. It's kind of scary, don't you think?"

"Yeah," his friend agreed quietly, to his surprise. He studied his expression closely; sienna-coloured eyes were distant and thoughtful, sliding over in Azari's direction. Sighing in exasperation, Hartia leaned back in his seat. Sometimes he truly thought Krylancelo was hopeless.

Hartia rested his chin on his hand, smiling faintly. "When he grows up," he said slowly, watching his friend carefully for a reaction, "he'll be very cute."

Krylancelo blinked, turning his head sharply to stare at him. "Cute?" he repeated.

It wasn't that Hartia had called a boy cute, he knew. Krylancelo had known about his "preference" so to speak for nearly a year now. That was why Hartia found his response a tad bit odd.

"Hartia," Krylancelo finally said. "He's Flameheart's student. He--"

"It's just an observation," he interrupted, golden eyes widening innocently. "I don't know what you're getting to upset about."

Mahogany eyes narrowed to slits. "If you think that I find that brat attractive, you--"

Hartia covered his mouth just in time; Childman strode into the room. The two boys exchanged nervous glances before Hartia removed his hand and Krylancelo fell silent. Childman paused and stared at the two for a few long moments, one eyebrow slightly higher than the other. Krylancelo had a nasty feeling he'd heard enough to understand what was going on.

"You two have nothing to do?" was the quiet, mild question that fell from their master's lips.

"Uh..."

A small 'tsk' sounded from behind them. Both young boys turned to see Azari standing there, a sly smile on her pretty face. "So you two don't have an essay due in two days to work on?"

Krylancelo grew flustered and grabbed Hartia by the sleeve. "She's right, let's go to the library," he stammered before darting out, dragging the freckled boy with him.

A faint smirk flashed on Azari's full lips. She caught her teacher's eye, gave a sweet smile and swept from the room, taking great care to brush against him ever so slightly. His stoic expression didn't change in the least, though his eyes lingered on her for a few moments longer than necessary before he, too, made himself scarce once again.

Krylancelo didn't stop until they had reached the library, collapsing into a chair. Hartia sat across from him wearing an amused smirk his friend didn't notice for a good few minutes. "What?" came the irritated snap.

"Someone has a crush on Azari-sama," said the red-haired boy loftily, still smirking.

"I do not!" Krylancelo flared, knowing his argument was not only pointless but also useless.

"Mm-hmm," Hartia muttered, grinning. "Sure. I believe you."

"You," he started to growl but suddenly cut himself off, glaring at something past Hartia. When he turned around, he noticed a familiar pair of large topaz-coloured eyes watching them -- no, Krylancelo, the kid hardly ever took full notice of Hartia -- from behind a rather large bookcase.

"Hello," said Hartia mildly, trying not to smile too broadly. Krylancelo was horribly short-tempered as of late and he didn't want to push him much further than he already had that day.

Majic gave him a shy, hesitant smile before stepping out from his selected "hiding spot." He had grown a few inches and lost a bit of the roundness in his still babyish cheeks, yet he still looked almost exactly the same. Mostly the same, really, just a bit... Taller. "Hi," he said softly, glancing around Hartia and at the irritated Krylancelo.

Golden eyes slid to watch the reaction on his friend's face even as he prayed for Krylancelo to hold on to his patience just a little bit longer.

Unfortunately, Krylancelo chose not to reply. It was unfortunate because it gave Majic the idea that it was okay, having the lack of a negative response, to continue to speak. "Anou... Krylancelo-sama, I..." He hesitated again and for the first time Hartia noticed his small, pudgy fists clenching something. He was holding on to whatever it was so tightly his small knuckles were white. "Anou... I was thinking--"

"Go away," was the sudden, flat response.

Majic halted his cautious advances. "Anou... I..." Now both hesitant and worried, he glanced towards Hartia for help, silently begging what to do.

"I said," Krylancelo said tightly, standing up suddenly, "Go away! I don't want to talk, I don't want you near me and I'm not in the mood to put up with you!"

The blonde child flinched, taking a few steps back. "Anou... G-gomen nasai," he said weakly.

For some reason, Krylancelo's face reddened. "For the last fucking time, go away--"

"Krylancelo!" Hartia burst out, quickly getting to his feet to stop his friend from attempting to tackle the smaller boy. He heard a faint whimper and the scrambling of feet. He turned just as there was a sickening thud, a shriek, and then Majic bolting from the room in tears. A few books had fallen from a shelf; the boy had apparently run straight into one in his hurry to get away.

"What was that for?" he demanded.

Krylancelo let out a long sigh and fell back into his chair, his sienna-coloured eyes appearing distant. "He never stops," he muttered faintly. "He's always been following us..."

Hartia sighed. "I know that, but that doesn't mean you--"

"He always finds a perfectly convenient time to interrupt me and Zephyr!" his friend suddenly exploded, his eyes wide.

"What?"

"I keep trying to tell her how I feel, but that brat--"

Hartia grasped his friend's shoulders, terrified. He hadn't mentioned Zephyr in over a year; he had been certain those weird spells were over. "Krylancelo!"

The slightly tilted eyes slid shut and another sigh fell from the student's lips. "I'll never understand him, that Mychio brat..."