Sorcerer Stabber Orphen Fan Fiction ❯ Velvet Flames ❯ Similarities... ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

:: Velvet Flames ::

Sorcerous Stabber Orphen

Disclaimer: I don't own Sorcerous Stabber Orphen or any of the characters mentioned.

Rating: PG

Pairings: Krylancelo(Orphen)+Azari, Hartia+Krylancelo, Childman+Azari/Azari+Childman, eventual Krylancelo/Majic

Warnings: mild swearing, possible shounen ai hints

Changes: Orphen will, for the most part, be known as Krylancelo, at least for the first few chapters

Notes: Um... The second half of this is sheer filler. I had nothing else to go with, so... Yeah. Sorry about the randomness. I'll try to get back on track next chapter. This is what happens when I work without my Kat-chan muse... ^^;;

"Geez, Zephyr," he panted as he tried to catch up to his friend. It was rather hard; the cliff side was high and very rocky. His hands, arms and legs had numerous scratches and bruises already and his hair was disheveled by the wind. But Zephyr, of course, didn't seem affected by nature as he was. Rather than be hurt, she appeared all the more beautiful and excited, her eyes sparkling with the welcome of the challenge before them. "Can't you slow down just a bit?"

She shot him a smug look. "Maybe this is proving you need to get out more," she teased.

"I get out often enough," he shot back resentfully, hoisting himself onto a small ledge that jutted out about thirty feet from the top of the cliff. He leaned against the hard rock, glad for a break. Zephyr reluctantly decided to take a rest as well, perching herself on what space was left of the ledge.

"So how is Damyn?" she asked, trying to make conversation to make time pass by faster while he rest.

Damyn was his best friend, best guy friend, anyway. Zephyr would always be closest to his heart no matter what happened. At least, that was what he believed...

"He's fine," he said dismissively.

Zephyr arched an eyebrow. "That's caring."

Taken aback, all he could utter was a bewildered, "Huh?"

She shrugged, wrapping her arms around her slender legs, hugging her knees to her chest. "You speak of him so carelessly. It just makes me wonder if you're even friends."

"We are," he protested.

"I believe you," she said calmly. "But aside from me you don't have many close friends, do you?"

"Damyn's close!" he said, blush rising high on his face.

"What about Mychio?"

He made a face at the name. "What about him?"

"He's not a friend?"

"He's an annoying little brat. I wish he'd stop following me."

"Really?"

He shot her an exasperated look. "Yes, really. He just follows me, begging for attention... There are lots of other people to beg attention from. He should go attach himself to someone who has more time for him."

She smirked, avoiding his gaze. "Isn't that hypocritical of you."

He tensed, defenses rising. "What's that supposed to mean?"

Zephyr ignored his inquiry. "Let's start climbing. You're rested enough, and if you say you're not then I'll leave you behind anyway." With that she reached up to grasp a firm lodging in the cliff, pulling herself up and using her feet to find footholds.

"Hey!" he cried after her as she began her quick descent. "What's that supposed to mean?! Zephyr!"

"Krylancelo..."

What?

"Krylancelo!"

He groaned in annoyance, swatting away the hands shaking his shoulders. "Lemme 'lone," he mumbled incoherently. "Almost at the top..."

Hartia raised an eyebrow in question before he decided that the most drastic way was the only way. He locked his hands beneath the sleeping boy's back, grunted and pulled up hard. The result was Krylancelo practically flying off the bed and landing rather hard on the floor. A painful yelp emitted from his throat followed by a loud thunk of his head smacking the nearby table leg. Hartia's physical strength was not something to be ignored.

"What?" he demanded, sitting up as he rubbed his forehead. "Damnit, that hurt..."

"Good," Hartia replied dryly, arms folded over his chest. "I came here to tell you Majic's waiting in my room."

Krylancelo stared at him blankly. "What?" he repeated, this time in honest confusion.

His friend sighed. "I had to talk him into trying to talk to you again. He's scared of you now but he has something to say to you."

Krylancelo stared at him blankly. Talk to him again? Scared of him? Why would he be scared of him? He opened his mouth to ask but Hartia was already jerking him to his feet. "C'mon."

"Why is he scared of me?" Krylancelo demanded, allowing Hartia to drag him down the hallway by his arm. "I didn't--"

"You yelled at him and told him to get lost," the golden-eyed student interrupted. "Then you tried to attack him when he didn't leave right away. You had another one of your daydreaming spells."

Krylancelo scoffed. Hartia was truly crazy if he thought he, Krylancelo, was ditzy enough to have daydreaming spells...

Hartia didn't hesitate at the door. He threw it right open and marched the both of them in. Krylancelo took in the messy room (people expected Hartia to be a neat person; he always took great care of his robes and his handwriting was damn near perfect) momentarily before a glimpse of silvery blonde caught his eye. He took one look at the small boy sitting quiescently on Hartia's bed before recoiling. "What the--" he spluttered, going right to the little boy and forcing him to tilt his chin back so he could see the bruised eye clearly. "What happened?!"

Majic appeared taken aback by the sudden surge of anger that had taken over Krylancelo. He cringed but couldn't pry himself away from the older boy's grip. "Did someone do this to you?" he demanded. "Who did it?"

Whatever fear had lingered in Majic's eyes diminished at the open protectiveness. He caught a glimpse of Hartia with his good eye, who was grinning and mouthing the words, I told you so. So maybe he was right... Krylancelo didn't completely hate him after all.

"I..." He hesitated then decided being honest would definitely work best. After all, it was what his mother would have wanted. She had been a pure, good person. He didn't know how he knew that, it was just... A feeling. "I ran into the bookshelf in the library," he admitted in a small voice.

Krylancelo instantly relaxed, releasing him and stepping back. "So what did you want to talk about?" His cool demeanor was back in place, and yet Majic couldn't help but feel a rush of warmth. He wasn't all that bad, he really wasn't... He really was special. There was that feeling in his aura again.

The door was thrown open, startling all three of the students. There stood Azari, her beautiful pink eyes narrowed at them in a way that made even Krylancelo flinch.

"What are you three doing up this late?" she hissed. "Krylancelo, back to your room. Majic, back to Flameheart's tower. Hartia, bed. Before you guys get caught!"

Hartia shot the other two a sheepish, guilty look before they did as told, not wanting to be scolded further. That had been quite embarrassing, he thought, as he finally laid down on his bed, not bothering to pull the covers over himself. It was too cold.

But that look in Azari's eyes had scared him. He'd seen it before but that didn't make it any less intimidating. He fell asleep wondering; should he be more worried for Krylancelo or Azari?