Soul Calibur - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Repenting Sinner ❯ Returning Home ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Lil Lovely Angel: This is my first Soul Calibur story. I just bought SC3 and I am absolutely in love with Siegfried. Especially with his blue hair ^^!! Anyway I do not own any of the Soul Calibur characters. They are all owned by Namco. I do however own Jocelyn Provance!! Ok! This is my story, Repenting Sinner.
 
 
 
 
 
 
He had laid there for hours. Ever since Siegfried had freed himself from the clutches of Nightmare, he had tried to piece himself back together. So many things had had done, all veiled in darkness, were unforgivable. He had not only murdered his father but countless innocent others. There had to be a way for Siegfried to repent for what he'd done. Siegfried rose up from his place on the ground and began to walk aimlessly. The roads were long but what did he care? He had no motive. Nightmare and Soul Edge had been destroyed. There was no reason for him to have a cause to journey. Siegfried had decided to return home. As he drew nearer to his home he felt a slight feeling of remorse. He had slain his own father and left his mother to suffer. Perhaps he had no right to return but he had missed her mother terribly. He decided to he'd go and catch a glimpse of her before leaving. He returned to the village where had had grown up. The beautiful village of Isalis was just as beautiful as it had always been. Siegfried had not been eyed strangely since he had changed out of his armor. He wore a simple gray shirt and pants with his now long blonde hair blowing in the wind. Some of the women whispered at how handsome he was but he paid no mind to that. He yearned for his mother. As he approached his house memories of his childhood had returned. He remembered how his mother would hang his clothes out to dry while he ran around played with their dog, Caleb. The small golden retriever had died when he was in his preteens. He wondered if his grave was still where it had been before he left home. He stepped inside the house without calling for anyone. He made his way up the stairs and found to his amazement that his room had been as it had always been except the bed was far bigger. He had always bragged to his father that he was going to grow up to be big and strong. His mother must have expected him to return! He stepped inside his room to look through his books and drawings of swords. Everything was as it had been in the past. Margaret. She was expecting him, she had never given up on him. Just asSiegfried was going to leave when three needles grazed his cheek. He barely felt the needles but he was irritated. Had someone followed him?
 
“Who are you? What are you doing in Margaret's home? Mark my words if you don't leave I will have your head.” Siegfried turned to the young woman standing behind him. She was smaller than him, about five foot three. The girl had pretty black hair that just went over her shoulders, piercing lovely blue eyes and was dressed in a white apron with a cotton blue long sleeved dress underneath. Around her neck she wore a beautiful silver locket with pretty rubies planted around it. Siegfried had never seen this girl but judging by the way she dressed she had to have lived in the village. “Who are you?! Miss Margaret will not tolerate strangers in her house and neither will I! Prepare yourself!”
 
“Jocelyn!! Jocelyn what is going on? Jocelyn dear please answer me.”
 
Margaret walked up the stairs to find her servant girl squaring off against her son. She flailed her hands in the air as she begged Jocelyn to cease her attack. She stepped between the two and placed her hands on her son's face. “Siegfried… Siegfried my darling is that you? Please tell me that god has been kind. Tell me that my son has come home.”
 
“Yes mother. It's me. I've come home. I'm really here.”
 
Happy tears trailed down the mother's face. It had been years since her son had murdered her husband and run from home. She never blamed him for what he'd done. He was under the control of something evil. And in the years he was gone, he had regained his true self and conquered the malicious spirit that had taken him. Siegfried had become just as he'd wanted too. Strong and muscular just like his father had been. Margaret held tightly onto her son as she continued to cry. “I've missed you terribly my darling. I never gave up on you. I knew you'd return.”
 
“Mother… thank you for believing in me.”
 
Siegfried smiled down to his mother then turned his eyes back to Jocelyn . He was going to ask who she was but Jocelyn had formally introduced herself. “My name is Jocelyn Provance. I live with your mother as her servant. She helped me when I needed to be taken care of. I owe your mother my life. Please forgive me for attacking you.” Jocelyn bowed her raven colored head to show respect to Siegfried and Margaret. “It's just fine Jocelyn . Please, bring Siegfried and drink. I will prepare him clothes and a warm bath.” Margaret ordered. Jocelyn bowed her head and gave a shy smile to Siegfried. Margaret had caught sight of the shy smile. That meant only one thing. “It seems Jocelyn has already taken a liking to you. She is shy but she's a great fighter. I found her wandering already with new food just outside of the village one day. Poor girl was starving half to death. She said that she would sew beautiful dresses and wash clothes if I allowed her to stay with me. I allowed her to but I offered her a place to stay if she had nowhere to go. She's been with me for almost four months. I've taught her how to cook. She'll make a delicious meal for you. I'm so glad she's been here. I haven't been lonely. Elsa's girl has been here with me and other women often come to join me for sewing.”
 
Siegfried was delighted to hear that his mother had found company among the women in town. He didn't want to bring up the murder of his father. He didn't want to upset her. Now was supposed to be a time of joy. “Siegfried now that you're home I hope you'll let me cut your hair. You'll look handsome with your hair shorter. And more refined.”
 
“Oh mother you worry too much. That's one thing that's never going to change is it?”
 
“Well I am your mother Siegfried. And I've been meaning to tell you about your room as well young man.”
 
As the two recapped Jocelyn busied herself with the chores that had been bestowed upon her. To see Margaret enjoying the company of her son brought such joy to her heart. Margaret had been like a mother to her. She had never forgotten her kindness. Somehow she knew that Jocelyn meant her no harm even though she carried a short Japanese sword beneath her torn dress. Margaret had clothed her, bathed her, fed her and even given her room and board. Siegfried was truly blessed to have mother like her. Jocelyn slice three large pieces of the rib roast from last night's supper, added cauliflower, carrots and potatoes, smothered them in gravy and added a big slice of cornbread. She carefully carried the tray of food up the stairs to Siegfried's room. Inside he was looking at the toys his father had made for him. Margaret never told Jocelyn that Siegfried murdered his father but others in the village had known. She heard from Mrs. Favreau about Margaret's misfortune and the loneliness she was engulfed in before Jocelyn arrived. But now was a time of happiness. Mother and son both reunited after a period of struggles. “Siegfried I've brought you lunch. I'll leave it on your desk and proceed with my other chores.”
 
“Stay a moment. There are some things I'd like to ask.”
 
Jocelyn placed the tray on his desk and stood before Siegfried. He offered her a seat on his windowsill while he sat on his bed. She looked pretty with her black hair blowing in the window and with the sun's rays, she had the appearances of a black haired angel. “Thank you for taking care of my mother.”
 
“She's been worried sick about you. She never let me clean your room but I knew what sort of pain she felt when she did. Margaret never gave up on you. You are her child after all. She's glad to have you home.”
 
Jocelyn stood up and left the room while Siegfried started his lunch. His mother had never given up on him. She still cared for him. Even after he went mad and murdered his father, Margaret was able to see past it and love her son. She was an angel. “Judging from your last name I'd guess you're European. How are things in beautiful Europe?” Siegfried asked. It irked him when Jocelyn hesitated to answer his question. Was something wrong in her homeland?
 
“Jocelyn?”
 
“Y-yes! Everything is fine at home. I'm sorry but I should go help your mother with your clothes. Finish you lunch it's very good.”
 
Siegfried didn't get a chance to ask Jocelyn anymore questions after that. The girl had excused herself to assist his mother with his clothes and bath. She was hiding something. She had run now but before the day was out he'd find out what it was she was hiding.
 
From downstairs Margaret went through the clothes that she had made for Siegfried. It was true that he murdered her husband but she knew in her heart that he didn't do it intentionally. He was driven by insanity. On that horrifying night Margaret had watched as Siegfried bolted from their home and into the distances. Ever since then, Margaret swore that she'd wait for her son to return. She waited days, months and years, praying that he was safe and that he remained sane. Now that he was home she had no worries. Her son was home at last. Finally.
 
“Siegfried! Darling your bath is ready.”
 
“Yes mother.”
 
When Siegfried was coming down the stairs Jocelyn chose that very moment to go upstairs. She was trying her hardest avoid answering his question. He'd find out tonight one way or another. Siegfried lounged in the bath outside. His father had built it for warm nights like these. The bathhouse was perfect for time alone. It was a place to take the chance to think about things. But no matter what he could still see the images of Nightmare even in the water. He had defeated Nightmare. So why could he still sense him?
 
“Nightmare.”
 
“You can't run from me Siegfried.”
 
Siegfried jumped out of the bath when he heard Nightmare's voice. How could this still be possible? Nightmare was dead!
 
“Yes. You just keep telling yourself. Convince yourself that I am gone, that I am just a figment of your imagination.”
 
“Shut up!!!”
 
“Siegfried!! Siegfried are you all right?!”
 
Jocelyn threw open the bathhouse curtain to find Siegfried kneeling over the tub. She pulled him back and tried to help him up to his feet. What was it that put him in a state of shock? “Siegfried what is it?”
 
“It's nothing. Nothing is wrong. I'm sorry I startled you and mother.”
 
“You didn't startle us I just came to bring you a towel. Margaret said that you walked right out of the house without it.” Jocelyn handed the towel to Siegfried and left him alone in the bathhouse. When she had gone Siegfried wrapped the towel around his lower body and left the bathhouse to return to his room. Once he was safely in his room he dressed himself in long black silk pajama pants and crawled into bed. It felt so good to be home again. He had his mother and that was all he'd need.
 
In her room, Jocelyn thought about Siegfried. Margaret had a very handsome son. Even with the scar on his face. She didn't know that the scar had bared a story. One that held the worst sin imaginable. Jocelyn held her pillow close as she thought of Siegfried until she finally drifted into a deep sleep.