Soul Eater Fan Fiction ❯ Soul Eater Chronicles: Return of the Witch ❯ Return to Baba Yaha's Castle (part 2) ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 4: Return to Baba Yaga's Castle (part 2)
“We're coming over the ruins of Arachnophobia,” reported Sid.
“Is there any sign of Kid?” Shinigami radioed. He and Spirit were monitoring the team's progress from the Death Room.
“He's still alive, Shinigami-sama,” answered Maka using Soul Perception. She also reported that many witch souls were with him. The situation was now graver than before. Their original battle plan was for a swift smash-and-grab. The SMASH part was for the three veteran fighters to engage the enemy in order to buy time for the GRAB part where Nygus, Liz and Patti get Kid out of there. However, the plan wouldn't work if they were out numbered.
“Be careful, Maka,” her father said. He was actually showing genuine feelings of concern. “Yes,” she nodded in affirmation. But, in the face of insurmountable odds, she couldn't help doubt her abilities. Could she lead her team into certain doom?
“It'll be okay, Maka,” Soul placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. He reminded her of those around her. She wasn't alone in this. Crona, Black Star, Tsubaki, everybody was with her.
“Hah, just leave this all to me! The Great One!” laughed Black Star.
Crona smiled at her, “I'll do everything I can to help you, Maka.”
“Thanks Soul,” she smiled, “thank you, everyone.” There was no reason for her to fear; she was among friends. So to prepare themselves for the worst, Maka initiated a Chain Resonance with Black Star and Crona. With that, there was no turning back. It was either they save Kid, or die trying.
At the same time, Blair took notice. “Oh, here come the party-poopers.” She signals the Mizune family to take off in the opposite direction. In doing so, she made herself considerably weaker. After that, she moves to one end of the edifice and leaves Kid lying lifeless on the ground. It almost appeared as though she were giving him back. It must be a trap. Nevertheless, the plan didn't change. As soon as they got close enough, Maka, Black Star, and Crona leaped from the copter and unto the structure. They were already equipped with their respective weapons, and were ready to attack when Blair raised her hands in surrender.
“Okay, okay, you got me, I give up,” spoke the witch.
“What?”
“Yeah, you heard me. I surrender. Take me back to Shibusen please,” she smiled so innocently. This was such an unexpected move by the enemy. Even so, they couldn't risk it. The smash team immediately surrounded her. With Black Star to her left, Crona to her right, and Maka in the middle, Blair had nowhere else to go.
“You're going to fight me, still?” she turned around and placed her hands behind her as though expecting to be handcuffed. “I'm waiting,” she yawned. Then, a large blade came into view. She smiled to herself. Behind her, Maka had the scythe to her neck. She explained that if the witch were to move, even by the slightest, Soul would cut her head off. Black Star and Crona readied themselves for anything. Meanwhile, the grab team quickly got off the chopper and rushed to Kid.
“Wake up, wake up,” giggled Patti while she flicked his nose.
“Please be okay,” worried Liz as Nygus checked for a pulse. After a moment, she was relieved. She gave the OK signal for Sid to bring the helicopter closer.
“See, Kid-kun's okay. Now can we get this over with?” Blair said, impatiently.
“Why have you done this?” asked Maka with the blade touching Blair's neck.
“Nice to meet you too, Maka-chan.” They were shocked. She already knew who they were, and she grinned upon seeing their reaction.
“Who are you!? Tell us!” demanded Black Star. The situation was heating up. She already could sense their hearts racing, their muscles tightening, and even the rate at which their sweat fell from their bodies. She only needed to say more.
“You know, if you hadn't arrived any sooner, Kid-kun would have been a man right about now,” she chuckled.
“What have you done to him!?” angered Maka. Tension was rising to a critical level.
“Oh, just a little of this and a little of that. But don't worry about him. You should be more worried about yourselves right now. This could be a trap,” she smiled so innocently again.
“What!?” roared Black Star, his hands were trembling with anger.
“She's right. Don't do it. This is just what she wants,” spoke Crona, trying to ease the tension.
“Oh, so you finally said something, Crona-chan. And I thought you'd chickened out by now, you spineless coward.” Crona seemed to shrink back after she was reminded of someone terrible.
“Leave her alone!” Maka came to her defense. She was about ready to finish the conversation, permanently.
“Stop! Don't do it!” screamed Soul, “Can't you guys see we're playing right into her hands!” He had a point.
There was a moment of silence. No one moved. Then, Black Star laughed, “It'll take more than that to tick me off!” His show of bravado signaled the rest.
“That's right, me too,” Crona said. The tension seemed to evaporate instantly as one by one they shrugged off their hatred and refocused on their mission.
“We already have Kid,” smiled Maka, holding the scythe closer, “So why do we need to bring along someone as dangerous as you?”
She said nothing at first. But then, “There are two things you should consider, Maka-chan. One, you need me to explain to the Shinigami what had happened to his son, am I right? And two, if you don't” she turns around. Her eyes were glowing yellow and she had a wicked grin on her face. “I'll kill you all!”