Spider Riders Fan Fiction ❯ Buguese's Test ❯ Aqune's scheme ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Spider Riders. It belongs to a combination of Bee Train, Koichi Mashimo, Yosuke Kuroda, Cookie Jar, Tedd Anasti, Stephen D. Sullivan, Funimation, Teletoon and probably others.
Notes: I decided to use the Japanese names. I know I based my other fic off the dub names, but that's because I felt that it would make sense more people. I prefer the Japanese version, it's a bit different from the English, and that will be my inspiration for future writing. That being said, this occurs after episode 26. It's probably AU, but wasn't meant to be taken seriously anyhow. For those who don't know, it's noteworthy that "Aa!" is a brand of Japanese crazy glue, which has amusing commercials.
After their most recent failure, the Insectors returned to their base. Simply irritated, Buguese went and picked up a dart to throw at his Hunter dartboard. To his disappointment though, there wasn't a visible space left on the board. Every ounce of it had been covered in darts from the last time he had lost to Hunter. Snarling in irritation, he smashed the dart in half and walked away. It wasn't as if he didn't have better things to do.
“Aqune!” he called. Hearing how annoyed Buguese sounded, Aqune made sure to answer him fairly quickly.
“W-what is it?” she asked nervously.
“I need your mask,” he replied, still sounding highly annoyed. Aqune removed it and held it out towards him.
“Well… I only have half of it,” she replied.
“That's fine,” said Buguese. “I made sure to pick up the rest of it before we left.” Buguese took the half of the mask that Aqune had. He then pulled out the rest of it, as well as a bottle of Aa! Crazy glue and started putting the pieces together. “I'm really getting tired of having to do this,” he complained. Try not to get this broken in the future.”
“Yes. As you wish, Buguese,” said Aqune unenthusiastically. “Actually, wait! I have a better idea. How about we do a little experiment?”
“An experiment?! What are you talking about?” Buguese questioned, half annoyed and half curious.
“It's simple,” said Aqune. “The easiest way to prevent my mask from getting broken is for me to not wear it at all. I challenge you to go three whole days without using it at all. Even if it seems like a necessity at the moment, I won't wear it.”
“And what if I refuse?” Buguese asked.
“Then it proves you're a hopeless idiot,” said Aqune. “There are other ways that you can get what you want besides manipulation. You could try asking nicely for me to slice Hunter's head off.”
“I'm not a fool!” shouted Buguese. “You likely wouldn't do that even with your mask on.”
“I know,” said Aqune. “However…” she paused. “Portia, do it now!” Portia used her web to grab the mask and the bottle of crazy glue from buguese. “Portia will be holding these for you. If you ever want to see them again, you'll try my experiment. If you win, not only will you get your items back, but I'll reward you with a kiss in return. However, if you try to steal them back, I'll force you to listen to all the gritty details of my affairs with Grasshop.”
“What? What have you been doing with HIM?! Buguese asked in shock.
“Trust me, you don't want to know about it,” Aqune responded evilly.
“You're probably right,” said Buguese, cringing. “Alright fine. I'll play,” Buguese consented. “That reward is mine!”