Spider Riders Fan Fiction ❯ Buguese's Test ❯ The Final Stand ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The third day had arrived. Buguese was alive, somehow. He had never intended to baby-sit for a spider. Even worse, what he had expected to be an hour at most of spider-sitting turned out to be a few more minutes here and a few more minutes there until he was doing it for six hours. He hoped to never see a Spider again. Portia was surprisingly demanding of him, as if she was intentionally trying to get him more irritated.
“This is ridiculous!” Buguese exclaimed. “Aqune will realize sooner or later that she has to obey me. It was never part of the deal that she would give me orders. Worst of all, she seems to be enjoying this. I need to get that stupid mask back, but the only ways to do that now are to kill her precious spider or to somehow convince her to return it. If I touch Portia now, I might not live to tell about it, therefore I'm forced to go with choice two. Aqune has been going on about how I have to be compassionate. Well then I'll show her compassionate and I'll compassionately order her to never blackmail me again. I would like to receive my prize, so I'll have to work carefully. It's time to begin my phase of the plan.”
“Buguese, I have a very important job for you,” announced Aqune cheerfully, as soon as Buguese turned around. “Please, you have to help me. Otherwise you'll fail the challenge!”
“Yes master, what is it? I will get to it immediately,” responded Buguese.
“What?” shouted Aqune. “Are you feeling alright?”
“Oh I'm just perfect master.” Said Buguese sweetly. “Now what was your task, or should I say my task?”
“Uh… I wanted you to clean and polish my Oracle shrine,” answered Aqune in confusion.
“NEV-” started Buguese. “I mean, I'll get to it right away darling, I mean master.”
Buguese went to the Oracle shrine and began scrubbing.
“Worthless Oracle! I wish you would just continue to be buried by dust. Then maybe you'd suffocate to death and just die out forever. However, I need you to surrender to me the blasted sun. At least if you rot in dust now, you'll get to experience the horrors of utter darkness. However, you probably wouldn't care because you don't need anything to grow. You can probably sustain yourself by feeding on my displeasure. You're evil! Sadistic! Worthless!”
Aqune had been watching this from her monitor and entered the room.
“Buguese, don't pick on the Oracle!” she ordered. “I never really needed this cleaned, but I wanted to test you again. I'll give you one last chance to finish without saying one cruel thing to her.
“Of course,” replied Buguese. “Oracle-sama, you are the most glorious thing ever. I favor you over even Mantid.”
“What's wrong with you?” questioned Aqune. “You've been acting creepy today. I never said you had to praise the Oracle.”
“Oh but I love the Oracle now!” declared Buguese. “And also, I threw out my Hunter dartboard last night. I hope that maybe he and I can become friends. Since I figured that wouldn't be enough of a sign of my eternal loyalty to you, l went out and bought you diamond jewelry and even your own personal throne. Here they are.”
“Just why?!” Aqune yelled. “What are you trying to do, scare me? Well it's working really well. Make it stop!”
“Excellent!” said Buguese. “My plan worked. Your sudden change of attitude worried me into becoming your virtual slave, so I assumed that if I changed my attitude you might be terrified enough to give up.”
“Then you're plan didn't work,” stated Aqune. “I'm not that scared. Besides, it's already the third day. You know, you're right for being unhappy about this. I went too far with this whole power reversal thing. I just wanted you to be a little nicer… although I didn't mean for you to be so creepy about it. Oh and maybe I also wanted to try bossing you around. I'm tired of you using that stupid mask whenever you're afraid I'll disobey you. If I didn't plan to serve the Insectors, I would ignore your orders more often. Admittedly though, this was partially Grasshop's idea.”
“Right… Grasshop!” said Buguese angrily. “He's been particularly obnoxious lately. Everything makes sense now. Only he would've invented a scheme like this. He's corrupted you! I've lost! Why did this happen?!”
“Actually, you haven't lost yet,” corrected Aqune. “If you can last until the end of today-”
“I know that!” Buguese interrupted. “I didn't mean I lost the contest. It's the general principal of the thing. I was just outdone by Grasshop of all people. I'll be going now.” He went over to sit in the corner, not planning to move until the day was over.
“Experiment failed,” Aqune commented to herself. “I guess Buguese is a hopeless brickhead. Oh well. It was at least fun and technically, he didn't steal the things yet. I feel bad for him.”
Aqune began to walk toward her brooding master.
“Cheer up,” she whispered before bending over and gently kissing him on the cheek. “After all, I was generous enough to stick with this plan and not the other one Grasshop came up with.”
Buguese turned around in horror, not wanting to know.