Spirited Away Fan Fiction ❯ Memories Through the Years ❯ Through His Eyes ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Memories Through The Years

Chapter 2: Through His Eyes

>

>

>

Chihiro entered her school - Zidaval Junior High with a smile painted on her face. She would be together again with her best friend Gem. Her chestnut hair dazzled in the warm sunlight and her ponytail gleamed more and more beautiful as she walked further.

There wasn't a time to lose so she didn't go and wander anywhere but strait to their classroom. It was just a few floors up as far as she remembered. Their school wasn't that big in the inside compared to the outside.

She opened the door and was not surprised to hear a loud "Hey Chi-chi!" from someone she knew very well. She looked at Gem and walked towards her smiling.

"How are you?" she asked.

Gem giggled, "still the same friend of yours!" Chihiro sat on her left and their conversation continued.

It was not after a few minutes when the bell rang for the start of class. Chihiro and Gem stopped chatting afraid of what might happen if their teacher caught them making noise. Much to their relief, it was Ms. Monoka - their former teacher in History. A kind and understanding person was the description best suited for her.

She entered the classroom and greeted them warmly. Chihiro noticed she wore her usual crimson uniform with black leather shoes. Her wavy brown hair that reached only to her shoulders was tied with a red ribbon.

It didn't take her long to get their attention and soon made some introductions. "By the way class, you are going to have a new classmate. Greet him politely and make him feel welcome." When she got their approval, she walked and opened the door a few inches and poked her head out gesturing someone outside to enter the room.

As soon as the students saw this, silent whispers went flying everywhere. It seemed they were all exited to meet their new classmate. However, it looked as if Chihiro and Gem care no less for they were back again to the chatting scene.

"Remember that time you called during vacation?" Gem whispered while she let out a few giggles, "You told me that you could smell my mom's cooking and I thought something has gone wrong with the telephone and the wires. I got frantic but it turned out that your mom is just cooking the same food too!" Chihiro giggled along with her friend until a sudden stop came all over her.

Looking up, Chihiro saw the blackboard melt in front of her eyes. "Am I hallucinating?"

She thought. Then she gazed around and to her horror, everything was breaking apart and her vision started to get blurry. She tried to look at Gem but couldn't. Everything around her is spinning, spinning, spinning… until…

blugh… blugh… blugh…

Chihiro suddenly found herself in a very dark place. The spinning stopped and all seemed to be solid again, "At least…"

She looked around and around. Nothing. She tried to speak but only let out bubbles. "Am I underwater?" She thought. And without realizing, she started to suffocate. Her body grew colder and colder. Try as she might, the situation didn't get any better. All was dark. Everything was dark. Everything…

* * *

However, it was well said in most stories that I've read, that even if in the most murkiest place in the world, there is always a 'deus ex machina' or 'God from the machine.' And it was the same in here for as Chihiro struggled to find air, a sound of whoosh was heard somewhere in the darkness.

Without the slightest touch of zephyr, a dazzling, magnificent dragon encircled her.

Chihiro thought she was going to scream but the dragon's face was very friendly and welcoming. Something told her that it was not a dangerous creature and as she looked upon it, her eyes caught its. It was green and steely but it was mixed with sadness.

"Strange…" she thought as she continued to stare.

There was an awkward silence between them and Chihiro suddenly realized she could breath. Her asphyxia was gone!

"Was it because of it?" She wondered. "Was it because of the dragon I'm finally saved?"

Different thought streamed in her mind and after another a few minutes, the dragon went below her and up again beckoning her to sit on his sleek dazzling skin. It moved so swiftly that she had to hold tightly to his horns.

A great wonderful feeling went throughout her body. She felt a wave of contentment though she did not understand why. Chihiro let her head lean against his as she drifted away to unconsciousness.

"Chihiro." someone hissed, "Chihiro."

"Huh?… " she mumbled.

"How did you know my name's Chihiro?"

"I've known you since you were very small. Don't worry I'm your friend."

"Chihiro!"

And with that she jerked upward, opened her eyes and stared blankly at her friend Gem.

"Are you alright?" was the first words that came out of her mouth after the long silence.

"Yeah," Chihiro answered, "I think so." Soon enough, she realized that everything happened in a split second. Ms. Monoka was still poking her head out and their new classmate wasn't inside yet. She wiped of the sweat that was sticking to her forehead.

"I don't understand this." she said to herself.

She bowed her head and closed her eyes trying to make all the anxieties vanish from her. However, nothing changed. the dragon's face was still planted secured in her memory.

"Why?" she thought.

But before anyone could answer, a gasp was heard throughout the room. Chihiro looked at Gem and saw her eyes widened at something at the front. She followed her gaze and mistaken, it was not a 'something' but a 'someone.'

A few girls giggled at the back as this handsome boy greeted them.

"My name is Nigihayami Kohaku Nuchi and I'm pleased to meet you all." and he fixed his gaze at Chihiro.

Stunned, Chihiro looked back wondering why on earth was she feeling this way. Her heart pounded faster and she felt her cheeks flush. Suddenly, something caught her eye that made everything around them dissolve into the ground.

"It was his eyes… those green - steely eyes…" And without knowing, Chihiro opened her lips and mouthed the words:

"Thank you for saving my life. You really are a good friend… Haku."

>

>

>

End of Chapter two! Please R&R