Spirited Away Fan Fiction ❯ Reflection in the Water ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Winter: Hey there everyone! Its just going to be me telling this fanfic so lets get started...

This is a Spirited Away fanfic. I just love the movie I just got the DVD today (July 1st) and I want to be buried with it! Anywho, when I first saw the previews for it I thought 'oh this is gonna suck' but then Dreamchasereternity showed it to me at her house and I fell in love with it! So thanks Dream!

Anywho I just hope this is as good as I want and hope it to be. I just want to say that I don't own any of the characters or anything to the movie and if I did I wouldn't change a thing.

So without further a due your story...

Chapter One:

'Did you ever believe that there is another world out there? Another place to be that even humans the so-called smartest thing in the world doesn't know about? Well there is; no it's not on some planet far away and no it's not in another world even though it might be considered that...it is right here in our world. Though we may not see it or know about it, it is right under our noses.'

A girl about the age of nineteen was sitting at her desk in her dorm room typing away on her lab top. The room was small; two beds on for her and her roommate who was sound asleep. The room was plain, pictures of the latest singers and actors were on the falls along with cloths dirty and clean on the floor piled up in corners. There were two small desks which each had a lab top.

The girl sat there in her pjs, which were today's tee shirt and a pair of old comfortable sweat pants. Her brown hair was tied back with some hair in front of her ears. She watched the screen with her deep brown eyes. Her mouth yet a thin line of concentration as she read over had she just typed.

She sighed as she leaned back and closed her eyes. It's been nine years, nine years since she moved to her new home with her parents when she was only ten. She was bratty and always gave everyone a hard time about mostly everything...but she changed within that sort period of time when she "danced" with creatures that were just a legend to most people.

She opened her eyes and stared at the screen again reading over what she had typed. Another world right under your nose...with creatures and people that someone would probably never dream of. Witches, frog people, birds with human heads, spirits, a man that looked like a spider in how many arms he had, a giant baby bigger then its mother when it could've only been about a couple of months old maybe close to a year.... and a dragon...the Spirit of the Haku River.

"Haku," she whispered softly her voice was kind and sweet not like how it was when she was ten loud and annoying.

A low beeping came from her clock. Knocking her out of her memories she looked at it. The clock read 3 am, she groaned as she saved her writing and closed the top of her lab top and climbed into her bed and under the covers.

"Thank god tomorrow is Easter break," she muttered softly. "I can go home work on my book."

And with those last thoughts she drifted into a sleep dreaming about what happened nine years ago.

The next morning:

"Chihiro, Chihiro wake up!" said her roommate gently shaking her friend awake.

Chihiro rolled over sleepily and blinked at her friend. "Gel? What time is it?" she asked as she yawned and rubbed her eyes.

Gel looked at her watch. "Its fifteen to ten."

"Aye yaaaaaaaaaa!" yelled Chihiro as she fell out of bed and landed on the floor.

Gel chuckled at her friend and watched her untangle herself in her blankets. Gel was twenty; she had red hair and green eyes. She stood about the same height as Chihiro and wore a pair of blue jeans with black street boots and a fancy sweater.

Once Chihiro was out of the blankets she ran into the bathroom and started taking a quick shower. Gel sighed as she looked for a pair of clean cloths for her friend and threw them into the bathroom and closing the door behind her.

As Chihiro was taking a shower, drying her hair, getting changed and doing her hair and make up Gel made her bed and packed her cloths. She was used to this. Chihiro was like a younger sister to her and she would kill for her.

Chihiro came hoping out of the bathroom tying back her hair as she tried to balance her dirty cloths on her knee. Gel went over and took the cloths and put them in Chihiro's suitcase. Chihiro was wearing a pair of jeans, boots and a plain black sweater.

"I can't believe I over slept again!" said Chihiro as she threw cloths in her bag.

"Well maybe if you wouldn't go to bed so late," said Gel as she took those cloths out and folded them then placed them back in the bag.

"I don't go to bed late I go to bed early," retorted Chihiro gathering up her lab top and notes.

Gel rolled her eyes as she zippered up Chihiro's bag and held it waiting for her with her own bags over her shoulders. Chihiro stuffed her lab top and notes in her backpack and fastened it on her back then took her suitcase from Gel.

The girls walked outside to where the buses that were waiting out at front. Gel turned to Chihiro.

"Are you sure you don't want to come with me?" she asked. "Steve's best friend will be down there too."

"No thanks," said Chihiro. "I think my parents are looking forward to be seeing me again...plus...I'm not looking for anyone."

Gel shrugged. "I'm not going to force you."

The buses started pulling away. The girls turned and looked at each other.

"Just incase you change your mind," said Gel giving Chihiro a piece of paper with Steve's number on it.

Chihiro took it and put it in her pocket. The girls' hugged good-bye then went to their buses.

"I'll see you in two weeks!" called Gel running to her bus.

"See you then!" called Chihiro running to hers.

Chihiro made it to the bus just in time. She found an empty seat close to the back and threw her suitcase in the racks above her seat then sat down pulling out her headphone set.

'Well I got two hours to kill,' she thought to herself. 'Guess I'll sleep.'

And with that Chihiro turned up the volume to her CD player and dozed off.

End Chapter:

Winter: Sorry this chapter is so sort but I wanted her coming home to be a separate one and all. So yeah...and I don't think her parents have names because in the credits it says mom and dad so yeah if you know there names please tell me it would be helpful and if there's a name to the town they moved to that would help also but I don't think those have names so whatever I might just make it up....

Anywho I think that's it for now so please review! And I hope you enjoyed it!

::Credits start going::