Spirited Away Fan Fiction ❯ Who says we're too young to love? ❯ Reasoning ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay, finally I finally have a beta reader. Go me! The last chapter was eight hundred or so words. So I have to nearly triple it this time. Sigh And thank you all for your wonderful reviews. It really helps me update faster. The motivation, people!
Chapter two: Reasoning
 
“Well, I rather we spoke in private. It's far too noisy in here.”
 
“Umm we could step outside. “
 
Outside
Chihiro and Haku sat in silence for a while each trying to gather their thoughts the best they could.
 
“I'm happy you're here.” Chihiro said faintly. Her voice barely audible. “I've missed you, Haku.”
 
Her mind raced. She had so many unanswered questions. She turned to look at him only for him to be looking at something in the distance. She marveled at his features. Most of his boyish features were long gone. His mellow green eyes were now more striking and vibrant. They looked as if they could pierce right through you. His round boyish face now possessed a more adult look and his neatly cut shoulder length hair was now hanging a little down his back.
 
“Haku, can I ask you something?”
 
“Yes, anything.”
 
“What took you so long? Do you realize it's been five years? When you said you would return I thought you meant sooner. I thought something might have happened to you.”
“I'm sorry if I scared you, Chihiro. My plans took a little longer to pan out than I expected. Yubaba manipulated our contract saying that I owed her at least another decade of work. I had to find other means to escape her. I knew the only possible way to escape her was either for her to die, or me.”
 
Chihiro gasped, causing Haku to turn and face her.
 
“ I couldn't possibly kill another so I had no choice but to ask her sister. She was reluctant to help at first but in the end she was the one who helped me get away.”
 
Chihiro let the air she'd been holding out. I thought he'd killed her. Thanks goodness that he didn't. “How did she help you? That is the part that I don't understand.”
 
“Well, she put a bind on her and demanded that she break the contract. The bind would last five years and the night of the fifth year the bind cancels and the person dies. Yubaba took her time with canceling the contract by putting me to any test and giving me every odd job she could think of. She was intent on making me feel her wrath in other means. There was one job that nearly took my life but I'm sure that was her ultimate plan anyway.”
 
He stopped to see how his news was affecting Chihiro. She was rubbing her hands together and staring at the ground.
 
“Does my story bother you?”
 
“No. It's just that I feel bad now. I'm sorry, Haku. I had no idea what you'd been through and it was selfish of me to be angry with you.”
 
“It's fine. It was worth it. I'm here with you now.”
 
“But that still doesn't explain how you find me.”
 
Haku smiled recalling the conversation he'd had with Zaneba (sp?) before his departure. If the love that you two share is real than your soul will go untainted. But if you're just doing it to get back to your home world than your soul will shatter once you reach the other side. If it is truly meant to be than you will feel her aura and it will lead you straight to the one that you seek. Only people who are truly destined have this ability.
 
“I could feel you. There was this feeling deep inside me that led me to you. It's like I could feel your aura.”
 
Chihiro thought back to when she was on the podium. She had this familiar feeling in the pit of her belly. It was almost as if he were standing right next to her. It gave her this reassurance, courage.
 
“Chihiro, Chihiro!”
 
“I think someone is calling you.”
 
“Someone…calling..me? Oh! My date. I'd forgotten all about him. I'll be righ-“
 
“Chihiro. There you are. So this is who you ran off with?” The boy looked at Haku, shooting him a slight glare then redirected his attention to Chihiro. “So, would you like to dance now?”
 
“I'm sorry, Hiro. I can't. We're kind talking about something very important.”
 
Sorry that I had to end it here. My computer somehow has a virus and I wanted to get this uploaded before it crashed. I'll be dropping it off this weekend though. So, I hope you guys enjoy and I'll be updating because I can use the NEW SCHOOL COMPUTERS! YAY!