Star Wars - Series Fan Fiction / Halo - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Master Chief vs. General Grievous ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Master Chief
Versus
General Grievous


Note: I don't own Master Chief, General Grievous, or any anything Halo or Star Wars.
 
Prologue
 
“Halo…it's finished…” Cortana said softly, shortly after the ring-world of Halo exploded behind their ship. The Master Chief sat down at the controls and sighed.
 
“No, I think we're just getting started.” With a hiss of escaping air, he pulled his helmet off and set it at his side. He was ready for a long time of rest until he met the Covenant again, a group of alien races bent of humanity's destruction, which included their tactical leaders, Elites, armored monsters that were deployed more like equipment rather than soldiers, Hunters, and the regular ground troops, Jackals and Grunts. Then later he faced off against even deadlier creatures called Flood, which turned their hosts into deformed monsters. Within seconds of silence, the Master Chief, or his real name, John, fell to sleep.
 
 
 
“Obi-wan, your head is mine!” A giant figure boomed as a light saber slashed through the air, only to be blocked by the man named Ob-wan's light saber. The android attacking him was named General Grievous, with a skull-shaped helmet, two piercing yellow eyes, white armor, and a long cape that was white outside and red inside. His hand reached to his belt, where several other light sabers were hung, and snatched one. Obi-wan threw his hand out and pushed Grievous away a bit, but because he was losing strength, the force in him was weaker as well.
 
“It doesn't matter if I die today, Anakin will defeat you.” He snarled.
 
“Oh really?” Grievous said amusingly, cocking an eyebrow. “Just to let you know, Anakin has become Darth Vader!”
 
“Liar!” Obi-wan cried and smashed his light saber into the window beside him. He held out his hand and with the Force, pushed Grievous away, just enough to escape. Quickly he made a run for it and fled through the elevator.
 
“What the…? What did you…?” The glass shattered and the massive android was pulled out into the blackness of space. It seemed that Obi-wan had won, and General Grievous was no more.
 
 
“Uh…” The android muttered as he was coming to. His yellow eyes opened a little bit and his vision was fuzzy for awhile.
 
“He's coming to.” He heard a high-pitched, scratchy voice say. Grievous's eyes became alert as he snatched whatever talked and threw it into the wall, where it fell to the floor limp. He heard guns load and turned around. Before him stood two tall, lizard-faced creatures wearing glistening armor, around the two of them were creatures similar to one Grievous threw into the wall, all holding either a small pistol of some sort or a device with several spikes projecting from the top of it, the two taller beings aimed their rifle devices as the android.
 
“Hmm…maybe you will do us some good.” The one in gold armor said. He lowered his plasma rifle and nodded, clicking his lower mandibles. “Greetings to you android, I am Juka `Jemomee. Stand down Grunts.” The ones called Grunts did so, but were still suspicious after what Grievous did to one of their kind.
 
“Pleasure to meet you android, I am Liri `Letomee.” The being in red armor said, lowering his plasma rifle as well.
 
“May I ask your name android? You seem very dangerous.” `Jemomee said. Grievous's eyes narrowed slightly, not trusting these strange beings, but rose up, to his full height, around eight feet, which was how tall `Jemomee and `Letomee were.
 
“I am General Grievous.” He said sternly, then broke down coughing. `Jemomee glared at the nearest Grunt.
 
“Grunt, get this android something to nourish him.” He ordered.
 
“But sir, he's an android.” The Grunt replied innocently.
 
“NOW!” The being boomed. The Grunt jumped in surprise, and scurried off. `Jemomee returned to his kindness toward Grievous and said. “General Grievous, we are the Covenant, a group of superior beings that wish to wipe out the human race. `Letomee and I are Elites as the humans call us, these are Grunts,” He pointed at the Grunts. “And there are Jackals, Hunters, and the Prophets. You will learn of these one by one I'm sure.”
 
“You hate the human race as well?” Grievous asked, recovering from his cough.
 
“Yes, they are the devil in our religion, our Prophets have showed us the way, and we will succeed. We just need to find there main base planet, where most of their young and females are.”
 
“I do not know of this planet of which you speak.” Grievous responded. Both `Jemomee and `Letomee sighed, but `Jemomee looked up, with pride in his yellow eyes this time. “You're a general, how would you like to serve the Covenant?” Grievous's eyes widened and he nodded eagerly.
 
“I would do anything to dispose of the humans.” He said. `Jemomee and `Letomee looked at each other, clicking their mandibles in satisfaction. `Letomee stepped forward.
 
“Of course, we will need to consult with our Prophets; they are the wisest of beings you know.” Grievous's eyes narrowed and he smiled behind his mask. The Grunt returned with a small bottle, probably filled with some sort of liquid, whether it be water or not wasn't clear.
 
“Drink?” `Jemomee offered. Grievous shook his head. The Elite scowled at the Grunt and smacked the bottle out of his hands. “Now clean it up!” He barked. The Grunt did as he was told and retrieved a rag. General Grievous had a feeling he was going to like being a Covenant.