Star Wars - Series Fan Fiction / Halo - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Master Chief vs. General Grievous ❯ Light Saber vs. Shotgun ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Chapter 2:
Light Saber vs. Shotgun
 
`Letomee and Grievous entered a massive chamber, where there were strange looking packages lying all around; a few Ghosts were at the ready, and a mortar tank. There were four Grunts, two Jackals, and a blue-armored Elite standing around a black circle in the center, cleared of any package or vehicle in there.
 
“What is going on?” Commander Grievous asked the Elite there.
 
“The Prophet has sent us, the new ones, on our first mission Commander.” He answered. “We are to go down and eliminate a small contaminant of Flood in another ship Commander.” Grievous would've asked what Flood were, but he had no time. He looked back at `Letomee, and from pure instinct on the battlefield, knew what to do.
 
“You may go now `Letomee.” He said and turned to the blue-armored Elite. “Before we go into action, I must know the names of my squad.” The Covenant there seemed shocked, as if no one had asked them that.
 
“My name is Ruka `Ritamee Commander.” The Elite said. Grievous walked down the line to hear his team's names. He was on Jackals next, there shields ready as well as plasma pistols.
 
“Yui.” The first one squawked with his bird-like mouth.
 
“Ruk.” The other screeched. Ruk was much taller than Yui, and much ganglier, he also wore a helmet. Next came Grunts. Grievous had to bend down much more to hear their names.
 
“Pepak.” The first Grunt barked.
 
“Hular.” The second chirped.
 
“Yupitar.” The next peeped.
 
“Mikile.” Grievous grunted in satisfaction, and turned.
 
“Alright Squad, you are under my command now, and as a member of this squad, you will do anything I tell you. Now the reason I asked you names is to establish to link, a connection if you will, so if it gets dangerous down there, when we're sticking together, I can know your name and you know mine.” `Ritamee looked down at his Commander.
 
“Commander, what weapon are you bringing?” He asked, seeing Grievous had no needler or plasma rifle.
 
“I have my own.” Grievous replied. “So how do we get to this ship?” `Ritamee pointed to the center.
 
“Right there Commander.” Grievous walked up and stopped at the center. Just as he planted both of his clawed feet onto the floor, the ground below them opened and it appeared to be a gravity lift, only that it was from one ship to the other. Pepak was the first to fly down to the other ship. The gravity lift held some sort of force field, so the coldness of space couldn't get in. Next Yui shot down to the ship. One by one, each of them dropped down to the other ship, Grievous was the last one to go.
 
Commander Grievous found himself in the cargo by of the other ship, almost exact to the one on his ship, only that the packages with weapons and ammo in them were torn open, with the items all gone. Grievous turned and looked at his team, all shivered when a few lumps of some green material fell from the ceiling, `Ritamee tried not to but it was obvious he was frightened. Grievous scowled to himself at his team of cowards and surveyed the area. He brought a hand up and snapped his robotic fingers, catching the attention of his team.
 
He turned and pointed at Yui, Mikile, and Pepak, and motioned them to the door on the right. He then pointed to Ruk, Yupitar, and Hular, and motioned them to the door on the left, again without uttering a word. He pointed at `Ritamee and then to himself, meaning he was to go with him. The groups scattered to their positions, and `Ritamee silently approached his Commander. Suddenly Grievous held his hand up, signaling a pause in his team, all of them stopped to listen. There were a few dings and rattles heard throughout the ship, something else was in that ship. He turned to Yui's team, and motioned them to keep an eye on the nearest door, then to Ruk's team, motioning them to their door. It was now that he pulled out two light sabers in each hand and ignited them. `Ritamee stared at the light sabers in awe and quickly brought up his plasma rifle.
 
Again dings and pings echoed throughout the ship, and then utter silence. Then, just less than ten seconds of silence, something slammed into the door of the massive door standing before Grievous and `Ritamee.
 
“Brace yourself.” Grievous said softly over to `Ritamee, who knew what was behind that door. The others readied their weapons at the door, and waited for the satisfying boom as the door opened. However, that never came, instead, the two doors that were next the groups of Grunts and a Jackal exploded, and Flood infectious, carrier, and combat forms stormed through them.
 
“We're all gonna DIE!!!!” Pepak cried as he ran away, arms flailing in the air. Yui and Mikile fired their weapons at the small Flood which exploded into fleshy puffs. Grievous looked all around, these species, Flood, were very new and very strange to him; however, he wasn't going to lose his team to them. `Ritamee bellowed a roar and fired his weapon at the Flood coming toward him. Grievous charged with his light sabers in hand and cut through countless infectious Flood. A misshapen Elite which had become a Flood charged at Grievous, its tentacled arms swinging in the air, and a plasma rifle in its hand. The Commander turned, cut the Flood form clean in half, and, still in a smooth motion, snatched the plasma rifle while it was still falling down.
 
As another Flood Elite became too unfortunate to get caught in Grievous's light saber, the android fired his plasma rifle at the Flood forms around him, and then moved on to the ones surrounding his team.
 
 
“Chief!” Cortana's voice nearly screamed. John jumped nearly out of his seat and immediately shoved his helmet on.
 
“Wait is it?” He asked, swallowing the thick ooze in his throat. Cortana didn't respond, however, instead, the Master Chief looked out of the front window, seeing two Covenant vessels. He sighed, sat up, and walked to get his assault rifle. “Break time's over I guess.” He said and snatched his weapon. Along with the assault rifle, he also took his favorite weapon against the Flood, the shotgun.
 
“Chief, I'm detecting Flood activity in one of those ships.” John loaded a few bullets into the shotgun and pumped it, causing a che-chink sound.
 
“Flood? How did they…?”
 
“I don't know, but it seems that Covenant vessel has sent a strike team to go finish them.” The Master Chief remembered when he entered the Covenant ship The Truth and Reconciliation, how both Covenant and Flood got in his way, and were Keyes ultimately became one. However, he shook his head, fading away those memories, and shoved a fresh clip onto his assault rifle.
 
“Here we go.” He said in his low, commanding voice, and turned.
 
“But Chief, I'm not all the way there yet.” Cortana responded.
 
“I'll be back.” The Master Chief said calmly and pushed a big red button beside the hatch. The door slowly opened and everything that was in the ship was being sucked out into space, not that there was a lot of items in there at the time. John braced himself, and jumped out into the blackness of space, an almost suicidal move, even with his MJOLNIR armor he wore.
 
“Chief? Chief?!” Cortana cried from the empty ship. “Oh…damn it…”
 
Thanks to his bulky suit, John was able to keep his balance and stability to the ship. He glided to it quickly and planted his feet onto the ship.
 
 
“What was that?” Yupitar asked, while firing his needler at the dying down Flood. Commander Grievous turned; Flood bodies surrounded him and grayish-green blood were puddles all around him. He looked to `Ritamee.
 
“Do you think you can handle the Flood while I'm gone?” He asked. `Ritamee bellowed as he used his plasma rifle as a club to bring down a weak Flood Elite.
 
“Yes Commander.” He replied. Grievous nodded and quickly unbelievable swiftness and agility, leaped up, latched onto the ceiling, and crawled quickly into the shadows.
 
 
The Master Chief raised his fist, squatted down to the ship, and punched a hole in it. Thanks to his suit and already powerful arms, the Spartan ripped the hole larger for himself to get through, and crawled inside. As he kept himself standing quite well against the vacuum of space, he heard an alarm and the doors around him close. There were three doors, one to his left, right, and straight in front. He took the easy one and managed to slide through the one in front of him. Now that the vacuum wasn't slowing him down, the Master Chief leveled his assault rifle and scanned the hall thoroughly, checking the motion tracker in his HUD as well, nothing. He thought back to past battles with the Flood, they sometimes didn't show up on the motion tracker, and hated that.
 
Suddenly he heard a ding not far down the hall to the other, but it was the floor above him, he knew the Flood knew he was there, and were coming. He noticed the ceiling above him had caved in on itself, so he could blast the bastards when they opened that door above him. He brought the assault rifle up, knowing the infectious forms were always first, and easy to hose down with the assault rifle. The door slid open, but nothing came out. From the through the darkness John could see a dark silhouette, which stopped when it spotted him. He knew it was not a Flood, too quick, too skeletal too be a Flood, plus the cape threw him off as well. Then he noticed a skull-shaped head from the silhouette.
 
“What the…?” The Master Chief asked and lowered his assault rifle, to study it more.
 
“Who goes there?” The being boomed. The Spartan took a step back.
 
“Who are you?” He asked back. The silhouette glared at him, John could see his yellow eyes burning his soul.
 
“My name is of no importance; now tell me who you are. Some form of Flood, Covenant…or man.” The silhouette growled.
 
“I am Spartan-117. The Master Chief.” John replied. The silhouette dropped to the ground and kicked John with his clawed foot, sending him flying and hitting the wall behind him.
 
“Master Chief eh? We meet at last!” He approached the Master Chief, his golden eyes narrowed and smiling behind his mask. “I am General Grievous.” Though he was a Commander, he knew he would become general for killing the Spartan. “Now Spartan, it's time to die!” He pounced down on the Master Chief, hoping to kill him from it, when John's feet shot out, and just as the cyborg landed on him, kicked him through the air with tremendous strength. Grievous cried out when he flew into the Covenant doors. However, before they could open, he smashed through them, chunks of metal scattered everywhere as Grievous skidded to a halt. The Master Chief grabbed his assault rifle and turned to his opponent. Grievous jumped to his feet in no time and grabbed two light sabers, one for each hand, and turned them on.
 
The Master Chief opened fire with a barrage of bullets. However, he suddenly felt powerless when Grievous began walking toward him, his hands began to spin around and around, blocking every bullet the Spartan shot at him with. John lowered the assault rifle.
 
“What the hell is this thing?” He asked. He wished he would've grabbed Cortana so she could tell him, but this being hardly seemed to be a Covenant. He put his assault rifle away and pulled out the shotgun, knowing its spreading fire was unpredictable. He fired, and frowned when Grievous blocked many of the bullets. Distance, that what he needed. So the Master Chief backed away several feet before firing again. This time, Grievous blocked many but a few hit his white armor and he stumbled back. He cried out in surprise from the hits, never had he been able to not block a bullet in his career. His yellow eyes opened in a glare at the Master Chief.
 
“I now know why the other Covenant fear you so much Spartan.” He chuckled. “Heh, you might actually pose a threat.” John's eyes narrowed with hatred, and Grievous's eyes narrowed as well. The Master Chief charged at Grievous, who was surprised how this human, being encased in bulky armor, could be so strong and fast. Nonetheless, he jumped onto the wall, and his hands separated to form four, so while two of his hands crawled, the others would battle.
 
As he ran faster and closer, the Master Chief could hear the low whiz the light sabers made when they moved. Just as the two came into fight positions, and Grievous was going to take the Master Chief's head off, the Spartan ducked the light saber and rolled under his long arms.
 
“Wha…” Grievous couldn't utter his words before the Master Chief grabbed his white cape, and spun around, bringing Grievous around and hitting head first into the wall. John aimed the shotgun at Grievous's head when he heard a Grunt in the distance.
 
“Commander, commander, we did it!” There more voices as well, more Grunts, a few Jackals, and he even heard an Elite. The Master Chief backed down and tossed a grenade at the door that held the space vacuum out. The door exploded, and the alarm went off again. Grievous jumped to his feet and ran to safety, as he was doing this; he looked over his shoulder to the Spartan who was flying back where he came from.
 
“We'll meet again Master Chief!” He boomed. The door shut and he turned to his team. He looked at each and every one of them, they defeated the Flood, and didn't lose anybody…wait. “Where's Pepak?” He asked.
 
“When he ran away Commander, a Flood form got him; we shot him in the chest twice to kill the Flood in him.” `Ritamee reported. Disappointed to hear this, Grievous nodded.
 
“Sometimes things like that happen. Let us go now, we must rest.”