Star Wars - Series Fan Fiction / Halo - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Master Chief vs. General Grievous ❯ Sword Fight ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Chapter 5:
Sword Play
 
Grievous lunged forward and struck a long light saber down towards the Master Chief. With a grunt, the Spartan blocked the attack and struggled to fight the cyborg's strength against his own. Grievous's eyes narrowed.
 
“Did that run tire you?” He asked with mock seriousness. Behind his visor, John's teeth clenched and he glared up at the fiend. He forced a grin.
 
“By the way Grievous, you never did answer my question.” He pushed the Plasma Sword with all his might and managed to shove Grievous several feet. The cyborg's clawed feet skidded along the floor, scraping and creating sparks all over, until he slowed to a stop.
 
“I am not a Jedi, Master Chief, as you may have thought, not can I use the force, I am merely a Kaleesh cyborg.” He smiled behind his mask. “Who will place your head on a podium.” He jumped to the side when the Master Chief leaped into the air and swiped at him with his Plasma Sword. John turned and brought his plasma blade up in time to block a vertical slice Grievous was about to do on him with two light sabers. Colorful sparks flashed from the two artificial blades clashing as the Master Chief amazingly put up a good fight against the Jedi-hunter.
 
The Master Chief readied his weapon again just as Grievous ducked, and spun on one heel, sticking the other leg out and bringing John's feet out from beneath him. The Spartan grunted when he hit the floor with a metallic ping and looked up to see Grievous's raptor-like foot step on him, his sharp claws wrapped around him and the cyborg threw him away like a rag doll. John cried out when he flew through the air and hit the ceiling above the control center, and landed in the center of the round station. With a graceful, yet menacing leap in the air and a twirl, Grievous landed with a thud just over the Spartan. He cocked his head to one side and made tsk sounds, which sounded strange with the metallic tinge in his voice.
 
“You disappoint me Master Chief; you can only fight for so long before you fall to your opponent.” He smiled behind his skull mask. “I was wrong when I thought you would cross me as a threat.” John glared up at him, using as much strength as he could muster. His hand tightened around the Plasma Sword handle, and he swung it around, slicing Grievous's feet out right from his ankles. His stub legs slid off his feet and he cried out when he fell to the ground with another thud. Grievous got himself back into fighting stance by dropping two of his light sabers and using his lower arms to keep him up. John staggered to his feet and looked at the cyborg.
 
“Damn it doesn't this guy ever go down?” He thought. Just like their first encounter, Grievous's upper hands began to swirl around and around, hums from the light sabers buzzed through the control room and they grew louder to John when his lower arms began to carry him closer to the Spartan.
 
His arms stopped suddenly and he swung one around, John blocked it with his Plasma Sword. Then Grievous thought he had him, as he swung his other light saber toward the Spartan's torso. The Master Chief released himself from the deadly tango of artificial swords and jumped back. Grievous's arms crossed over as his other arm missed the Master Chief. His yellow eyes glared up at John. Suddenly one of his peg-legs shot out from under him and crashed into the Master Chief's chest, hurling him with tremendous force away, and out of the control center, where he suffered a short drop down and landed with a thud.
 
Grievous's hands carried him toward the edge of the round center of the room and stared down on the Master Chief, watching him try to crawl away, and he smiled to himself. But in fact, the Master Chief spotted one of Grievous's light sabers he dropped that was mere inches away. He reached out, and took the black and silver tube that lay before him.
 
“Time for your defeat Spartan!” Grievous cried as he jumped down on the Master Chief. John's thumb pressed some sort of a button on the tube and a bright green light ignited from it. Grievous's eyes widened and his world seemed to go in slow motion as the Master Chief turned himself heavenward and used his newfound weapon to slice both of his arms off on his left side. The cyborg landed with an “Oomph.” And a clacking of his armor. Still, Grievous struggled to get up with just one pair of arms, when he was sent into the wall when the Master Chief kicked him. Before he knew it, the shock he just endured was enough to make him pass out.
 
John looked at the Plasma Sword he held, and dropped it, watching it explode into tiny pieces, and took off running the same way he came in. `Hetamee, `Jemomee, and Hular rushed over to the down General, Hular's face was covered by the robotic parts he cleaned up from the battle.
 
“That is a shame.” `Hetamee said, shaking his head in pity. `Jemomee clacked his mandibles.
 
“Look at him, we can rebuild him. Better.” `Jemomee said. `Hetamee looked at him.
 
“He already was at his best.”
 
“No one is ever at their best if they can get better.” `Jemomee replied. `Hetamee nodded.
 
“Very well.” He looked at Hular, or at least the pile of robot parts covering his face. “Grunt, gather Grievous's parts.” Hular nodded behind the parts and went to gather even more.
 
“I shall take Grievous to the mechanical station. I'm sure `Tatemee would be glad to lend us a hand.”