Star Wars - Series Fan Fiction / Halo - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Master Chief vs. General Grievous ❯ Epilogue ( Epilogue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Master Chief vs. General Grievous
 
Epilogue
 
`Jemomee slammed hard into the back of an escape pod, thanks to Tartarus's powerful throw. Grunting, the Elite glared up at the Tartarus, and the back-stabbing Weralter.
 
“You will not get away with this Tartarus!” `Jemomee boomed. “The Prophets will punish you for your actions against the Covenant!” The Brute chuckled as he slung his hammer-like weapon over his shoulder.
 
“Sure they will.” He said, a grin of satisfaction on his face. “And just so you know, I shall quote the High Prophets' words `The Elites are no longer as powerful and cunning as your kind is Tartarus.'.” `Jemomee flared his mandibles and lunged forward, not before he was knocked back down into the pod when the Brute slammed the door in his face.
 
“Fire.” He ordered. Weralter grunted and pressed a button on a control center. Muffled roars and howls coming from the pod, `Jemomee's cries suddenly fell silent compared to the roar of the blast that fired his pod up out of the base and to an unknown area. Thinking quickly, `Jemomee activated some sort of alarm system, which triggered off to all of the Grunts and Elites in his command, which were quite a few. Knowing that his team would rescue him and tell the Prophets the truth, `Jemomee closed his eyes, wondering what happened to Grievous after the confrontation between him and the Master Chief, did he win? Was he killed in battle? But he had a feeling he would know this in a matter of time, but he still felt regret for `Letomee, and his hatred towards the Brutes for what they were doing, as well as the Prophets, for believing in such trash from Tartarus.
 
 
Hular and `Ritamee continued to stare out of the window, the blazing star was gone, and Hular had a great feeling Grievous had lost the battle. He didn't know if Grievous was in space or not, or even if he was alive and walking about the base, but something just told him that his general was gone.
 
“'Ritamee!” Yui squawked as he dashed toward the cabin, his footsteps could be heard coming closer.
 
“Yes Yui, what is…?” `Ritamee started when he heard a plasma rifle blast, then a thump of someone falling to the floor. “Yui? Who's there?” The Elite asked as he walked out of the hall. Hular watched as `Ritamee's golden eyes widened and a flurry of plasma showered over him, burning all over him until he fell flat on his back to the floor. Hular was about to cry out `Ritamee's name in anguish, when he heard Patark.
 
“Let's check in here.” He said to another. Thinking quickly, the Grunt looked back and forth in the room and jumped into the closest, the door closed as he cornered himself in there. He heard heavy footsteps in his room, then Tartarus's powerful voice.
 
“Hmm…this must have just been the Elite's cabin, Weralter, see to it that the blue Elite is disposed of, and all of his data is erased.” The Brute said.
 
“Yes sir.” Weralter replied. Hular curled up into a little ball, and knew for sure that Grievous was gone from the base, hopefully not dead, and that now the Brutes were going to kill everyone in his squad, Ruk, Yupitar, and Mikile, they all weren't safe, if not dead. After hearing the Brutes leave, and making sure they weren't ready to pounce, the Grunt made a desperate run for it to his teams' cabins. Waddling like a penguin, Hular checked in Yupitar and Mikile's room first to find them missing. He then ran to Ruk's room, to find the Jackal fiddling with a holographic computer screen. The Jackal looked up.
 
“Hey Hular, feeling better?” He asked, he had become quite tolerant of Grunts ever since Grievous became his leader. Hular shook his head.
 
“No time for that, where's Mikile and Yupitar?!” He asked. Ruk shrugged.
 
“I think they went to get something to eat. Why?”
 
“The Brutes are killing everyone in our squad! `Ritamee and Yui are dead!” The Grunt exclaimed. Shutting the computer off, the Jackal jumped to his feet and dashed out of the cabin to find the others, of course not forgetting his helmet and putting it on. Hular sighed, for he was already worn out by the run here, now he had to try to keep up with a Jackal's pace. Waddling out, he followed Ruk as well as he could.
 
 
Entering the lobby, Ruk scanned the room for any sign of his Grunt comrades. Hular ran in and bent down to catch his breath.
 
“Ruk, you know we Grunts aren't meant for running.” He said.
 
“Quiet fatty, help me find Yupitar and Mikile before Tartarus does.” Ruk said and jumped down the stairs.
 
“Hey, this is no time to make fun of my species' disabilities!” Hular shouted at the Jackal. He sighed again and ran down the steps.
 
 
“Yupitar?! Mikile?!” Ruk cried over the loud noise of everyone else. “Where are you?” He turned around and around, looking all over the place, for two orange-armored Grunts. Hular was shoved around in the crowds as he searched out his friends, when an Elite accidentally shoved him into another Grunt; it was none other than Mikile.
 
“Mikile! We found you!” Hular shouted with joy. “Where's Yupitar?” He asked.
 
“I think he went back to his room. Why?” Mikile asked.
 
“Never mind that, Ruk!” Hular cried and waved at the Jackal. Ruk turned and ran over to them.
 
“Good, you found them, where's Yupitar?” He asked.
 
“Follow us.” Hular said, snatched the confused Mikile by the arm, and ran for Yupitar's room again.
 
 
Taking the lead again, Ruk turned the corner of the hallway, right where Yupitar should be, when he saw Weralter, Patark, and Tartarus, all trying to open the Grunts door. Weralter was holding Tartarus's massive hammer. With a flick of his wrist, a greenish-yellow shield sprang to life and the Jackal reached for the plasma pistol in its holster when Patark looked over his shoulder.
 
“Tartarus, it's Grievous's other Jackal!” He boomed. Tartarus looked at Ruk, and couldn't help but chuckle at the Covenant's futile attempt to fight them. Charging the shot up, the plasma pistol began to shake in Ruk's small hand with his bony fingers wrapped around its trigger as he aimed from out of the small open patch to the side. As the Brutes laughed, he fired. The blast was enough to send Patark on his back, burn marks on his visible skin and the hair on his shoulders torched.
 
Hular and Mikile's eyes widened at the move, and looked at each other, then back to their companion. Tartarus, his eyes still locked onto Ruk, said over his shoulder to Weralter.
 
“Get the Grunt.” He ordered.
 
“Yes sir.” The Brute said, smashed the door down, and stormed in. Yupitar's cries flooded out from the cabin as the Brute carried him out and slammed him up against the wall, watching the Grunt slide down the wall, shaking at the sight of him and Tartarus.
 
“Go ahead, fire.” Tartarus said to Ruk.
 
“Just give us Yupitar!” The Jackal snapped. “What did we do?” Tartarus popped his neck.
 
“General Grievous has gone missing; we must dispose of his troops now.” The Grunts and Jackal wondered how that was an excuse for killing their own allies. Tartarus reached his hand out and Weralter dropped the massive hammer weapon into it. Letting loose a battle cry, the Brute chieftain raised the shimmering weapon up, and smashing the hammer into the ground, where a shockwave unleashed chaos for everyone but the Brutes. Yupitar was thrown heavenward by the shock, and when the shockwave came to Ruk, it disabled his shield and sent him flying through the air and hitting the wall with tremendous force. The Jackal slid down, not even strong enough to bring his head up. Luckily Hular and Mikile were behind the corner of the hall, the shock didn't affect them in any way. After they heard laughs and taunts from the Brutes, the two Grunts rushed over to Ruk to see if he was still alive, thankfully he was, but there was no way he could fight.
 
Hular raised a plasma pistol, and Mikile brought up a needler. The Brutes still smiled at them, when Patark finally got up, and kicked Yupitar while he struggled to get up, sending the Grunt through the air again and striking the wall.
 
“May I kill it sir?” He asked. Tartarus slung his weapon over his shoulder, and grunted. The Brute chieftain handed Patark the hammer and watched as the Brute cried out and ran for the Grunt, who was huddled up and accepted his death. When a flurry of blue-white plasma struck Patark, and thanks the attack Ruk made to weaken him, brought the tired Brute down. Weralter and Patark turned and nearly jumped.
 
“Hey, you forgot something in `Hetamee's room!” `Letomee cried as he shot his right arm out and a plasma sword flashed into existence. The Elite's black, reptilian hide was now burnt badly, and his scarlet-colored armor was scorched with black streaks now. Weralter couldn't believe it, as did Tartarus, he witnessed the Elite get killed by a plasma grenade, but cursed at himself when he remembered that an Elite's shields sometimes cushioned the blast, he must've just got `Letomee to pass out. Yupitar jumped to his feet and ran over to `Letomee, hiding behind him from the Brutes. Tartarus looked at Weralter.
 
“What are you waiting for? Tear him apart.” And with his words, the Brute howled and ran at the Elite, who stood firm with a plasma rifle and a plasma sword at the ready. Suddenly the Brute halted, and looked off behind `Letomee. A flood of Elites and Grunts ran in, and continued towards the ship dock. “You there, what are you doing?” Tartarus asked to an Elite, who like the others, was oblivious of what just happened in the room. The Elite stopped and looked at the Brute.
 
“We just received a distress call from `Jemomee, we're going there now to retrieve him.” And with that, he ran off. Tartarus growled, but realized that he could not interfere with the mission, or he surely would be caught. Weralter turned back to `Letomee, only to fall prey to his attack as the Elite used his plasma rifle like a club and struck him across the face. Stunned, and with a ringing in his ears, the Brute could never stop `Letomee as he plunged the wicked plasma blade deep into the Brute's stomach, and its sharp tip popping out of his back. Weralter cried out, and `Letomee lashed out with his booted foot and kicked him off of his plasma sword. Patark stumbled to his feet, now with even more burns in his skin, when he spotted Weralter's dead body before `Letomee.
 
“Hmm…you put up a good fight Elite, come Patark.” Tartarus said, turned, and walked off.
 
“But…sir…” Patark began.
 
“Now!” The Brute chieftain boomed. Patark backed away from `Letomee, and took off in a sprint after his leader, and walking once he caught up.
 
“What of the body?” Yupitar asked. `Letomee didn't answer; he turned the plasma sword off and put it away, and walked to Ruk and the others. With a grunt, he flung the unconscious Jackal over his shoulder and turned to the three Grunts.
 
“Where has Grievous gone to?” He asked. The Grunts looked around to one another, looked back to the Elite, and shrugged. “Well, then we must find him.” And with those words, he strode off to the common's area.
 
“Wait!” Hular said. `Letomee paused and turned around, to face him. “I…I don't know why, but I have this feeling that Grievous went after the Demon in his ship, and he's in space now.” `Letomee had already checked the common's area, when he awoke, just about to be carried off by Elite guards, when he noticed Grievous chase the Master Chief away.
 
“Very well, come along.” The Elite said. “Hurry.” His massive strides were too much for the three Grunts, who huffed and wheezed for methane down the halls to the shipping dock.
 
 
Somehow `Jemomee had landed onto one of the massive chunks of Halo 04 that floated through space after it was destroyed. Weak, beaten to a pulp by the rocking from the crash, the Elite looked up to see a Covenant cruiser coming to his aid, which made him grin underneath his mandibles. Now he could tell the Prophets of Tartarus's intentions. Halo 04 was a wreck now, the ground and soil dead, nothing but dust and dirt were remained on the ground now, and withered trees, if you could call them that. Dark clouds hovered over him now, and the Covenant cruiser continued towards him.
 
He continued to look around; he was in the middle of some sort of shrine of some sort, his pod buried in a crater at the center of it. The massive gas planet Threshold was still visible overhead. That's when he heard a voice, not human, not Covenant, electronic, it wasn't Grievous either. He turned and spied a round orb floating in the air; its only apparent eye was a glass camera of some sort in the center.
 
“Hello.” The creation of the Forerunners said, in a polite manner. “I am Guilty Spark 343, or the Monitor of this Installation.” `Jemomee stared at the Monitor, then looked over his shoulder to spy the cruiser, landed, and his troops approaching him.
 
“Well…Monitor,” The Elite said, looking at Guilty Spark again. “Look's like I must go.” He turned to leave but Guilty Spark shot out in front of him and stopped him.
 
“Please wait, could you help me with a task? It's a very important task.” `Jemomee smiled at the Monitor's attempt to keep him, and crossed his arms.
 
“Sure Monitor, what can my troops and I do to help you?” He asked.
 
“Will you assist me in collecting a very important item, the Index, and activate it into the nearest Halo Installation?” Guilty Spark asked. `Jemomee cocked his head.
 
“Why?”
 
“Oh, to dispose of the Flood of course.” The Monitor replied.
 
“How will this Index kill the Flood?” The Elite asked next.
 
“Oh, it is quite simple.” Guilty Spark said, before laughing aloud to himself for his superior intelligence.
 
 
`Hetamee sat quietly behind a shield of plasma in his prison cell. Tartarus and Patark appeared at the shield, glaring at the Elite.
 
“Your friends killed one of my men.” Tartarus growled. “You will pay dearly…” `Hetamee glanced up at the Brute chieftain, fire burning in his eyes.
 
“I am the Ship Master; the Prophets will not punish me for the Halo 04 incident.” He replied calmly. Tartarus grinned and grunted.
 
“I have told them that you in charge of holding the human ship that destroyed Halo 04, and failed, therefore you will be punished, and to top it off, you assaulted another Covenant so…” He smiled, turned on his heel, and walked off. Patark, giving `Hetamee one last snarl, turned and followed his leader.
 
 
Stealing a Covenant cruiser, `Letomee and the others sought to find Grievous. Ruk had been put into a chair and fell unconscious, while the others searched the radar, or at least the Covenant's version of radar, through space for any signatures that might be somewhat Grievous-ish. `Letomee manned the controls, and glanced over to Hular, who constantly waddled from one radar panel to another; it was obvious that he wanted desperately to find his general.
 
“It's alright, we'll find him.” The Elite said reassuringly. “Go get some rest. Mikile can man the radar for awhile.” Hular looked over to `Letomee, hesitated to speak, but nothing came out, instead he nodded and slowly waddled to the back of the cruiser, where Ruk was resting. The other two Grunts went back and forth at the radar, when Yupitar suddenly screamed.
 
“Something's out there!” Mikile scrambled over to see it, and nodded to `Letomee and said.
 
“Let's go find it.”
 
 
Grievous's metallic voice made an odd grunt as his eyes slowly opened, to find a bright light before him, just like when the Covenant first found him.
 
“That's it…I'm dead…” He thought. But as his eyes opened a little more, he noticed it wasn't the same Covenant health area that he first awoke in, it was a cruiser.
 
“Good to see you General.” He heard `Letomee's low voice say. Knowing for sure he was dead now, Grievous sat up, and saw his old friend, now with burn marks and his armor black from the plasma blast.
 
“'Letomee…are we dead?” He asked. `Letomee grinned and shook his head.
 
“No General, you are with us…your team, or at least what's left of it.” Grievous's legs swung over the edge of the table and his feet rested on the floor, he looked up to the Elite.
 
“What happened?” He asked. It was now that he reached up and touched his forehead, it was perfectly fine now.
 
“We retrieved the bullet, and the wound seemed to heal itself, but we did put some filler on the hole in your helmet.” `Letomee began. “But…'Ritamee and Yui, Tartarus's forces killed them.” Grievous's eyes widened a bit.
 
“And of `Jemomee?” He asked.
 
“Tartarus shot him into space, but he somehow made a distress call, Covenant Grunts and Elites were going to retrieve him last we saw them. We shall remain in hiding until `Jemomee settles things with the Prophets, and the Brutes are removed permanently.” Grievous nodded and rose to his full height. “Your cloak General.” The Elite said and handed Grievous his cape. Wrapping it around his neck and the rest drooping down to his feet, Grievous hunched down, to his frightening, Nosferatu-like form, and walked out of the resting room, `Letomee following his footsteps.
 
The cyborg walked out into the control room, where he could see into the darkness of space, dotted with white stars. He looked at `Letomee.
 
“Where are the others?” He asked. `Letomee clacked his mandibles and nodded his head toward the back of the ship.
 
“Resting sir, they fought well today.” Grievous nodded.
 
“Good.” He turned and walked toward the window, where he stared out into the blackness of space, thinking about his battle, and like his confrontation with Obi-wan, thinking about how he could've done it differently. He thought about all that made him into who he was, confrontations with Obi-wan, friendship with Jango Fett, and raising little Boba Fett for some two years, and now, the Master Chief had become a major role in his life, and he still had a great respect for the Spartan, along with a bitter hatred. `Letomee joined him by his side.
 
“Sir…what has become of the Master Chief?” The Elite asked.
 
“He fought well…and I hope we meet again someday…for I shall win next time.” Grievous said as his hand formed a fist and tightened with fury. “We will meet again!”