Star Wars - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Saving Face: Mira Edition ❯ Saving Face ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Mira grinned at the Exile and the tech. “If you want, I can go divert the others and get you a little downtime…” she teased, making Bao Dur blush and glare at his feet.
She was surprised when the Exile blushed and smiled, and then said, “Would you, please?”
After a moment taken aback, Mira grinned. “You two head down to the cargo bay, I'll go distract the nuisances.” Which meant Atton and Disciple.
Grabbing a cup of juma juice - one of her last, the Exile had better appreciate her… efforts - she headed to the map room. She was in luck - both boys were there. Hanharr and the droids wouldn't go near the bay even if - especially if - they knew what was going on there; Visas knew and respected the privacy of her Master; Mira couldn't do a thing to stop Kreia; and she could hear Mandalore chuckling already.
She grinned and sidled up to the arguing boys, who turned to head to the cargo bay before realizing she was there.
“Hey, Atton,” she grinned, setting a hand on the table, “could you teach me Pazaak? I've played variations, but…”
“Can it wait? I needed to go see the Exile-”
Mira raised an eyebrow and asked “Why, is something wrong?” in a voice implying the opposite.
Atton rubbed his head. “No, no, nothing like that, we just need to-”
She grinned. “Then you won't mind showing me, would you?”
He grimaced. “Wait until after I've talked to her, okay?”
Mira shrugged and sidled along the table. “Fine,” she said, as he walked past, and then turned to Disciple “You know how to play, right?”
Atton froze midstep and whipped around. “Disciple? He drops his card half the time!”
“I do not, I-”
“You suck!”
Mira grinned.
 
 
Walking hand in hand with a certain Zabrak engineer, the Exile blinked as a Force vision came to her: Mira sitting before both pilot and scholar, grinning as she laid down a +/-2 card. Atton groaned, and Disciple whimpered; both were in their skivvies, while Mira had only lost her vest. Atton frantically scanned his hand, then turned to his partner in luck and searched HIS.
Mira smirked and made a little come-hither motion. Both boys sighed and stood…
The Exile shook her head. That couldn't have been right…
She was proved wrong as, a few seconds later, Mira sped down the hall clutching two sets of boxers, a pair of yelling boys hot on her heels, trying to cover themselves with nothing but a shirt apiece.
Mira stopped, turned to the Exile, and winked.