Starcraft Fan Fiction ❯ Interstellar Explorers ❯ Βεττεr Τhaη τhε Rεsτ ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Reviews are nice, but I'd really like some followers just to know people are interested in what's happening. Ah well, it's what it is I guess.

~ Βεττεr Τhaη τhε Rεsτ ~

Elliot Harper stormed away from his best friend to the arcadium room. No, not stormed. Storming is in this case a verb to describe someone acting like a melodramatic woman. Elliot was not a fucking chick, he was a dude. Just like all the other guys who played sport, knew how to fight with their fists and had really cool hobbies – like collecting bad-ass swords. Elliot was a cool guy. He hated the gay scene and it was something he wanted nothing to do with. It was bad enough that he was born this way, and even if nobody cared... he still did. Elliot might find absolutely nothing appealing about sticking his end in a chick, but that didn't mean he still wasn't a hormonal teenage boy. The only problem was he liked masculinity. Elliot wanted someone tough like him, that he could have things in common with. There was no one like him, however. He was alone on this space station with a much more limited dating – and screwing – pool than anybody else. Elliot figured that maybe there was a guy like him on the ship, and like him he just hadn't come out of the closet yet. He tried studying behavioural patterns in the guys of his classes. Where did their eyes go in a crowd? He employed every little mind trick on the guys he thought were cool and cute but nothing.

That's not to say there weren't a fair share of gay boys, Elliot had counted about ten on the station. However these guys could all be summed up in one name: Nolan. They were all just like Nolan. He was small, his stature was weak, he swivelled his hips ever-so-slightly when he walked, he was an accessory to a big group of exclusively female friends and the octaves of his voice made it painfully obvious to those aware of them that he was gay. Whenever Elliot looked at Nolan he was reminded of the standard everyone held for people like him. It was who Elliot supposedly was on the inside, and it was ugly. The ugliest thing about it however, was that Elliot knew that if the Nolans got wind of his interests all of them would be up in his business. Most of them wouldn't believe it, sure. A lot of people didn't believe Elliot was gay when they heard it. Milo hadn't believed it and he still brought up every now and again how cool he thought it was to be as awesome as Elliot while being gay. People could only believe it cause Elliot had never dated anyone despite the attention he got for his looks. The Nolans that were desperate enough to believe Elliot was gay, like Nolan himself, would definitely try to lull him into conversation. That was because Elliot represented what they weren't, what they wanted to be and what they were naturally attracted to.

It was nature's sick joke. To be gay was to want to have sex with men, but that made gays adopt feminine traits? No man that wants to fuck women will want to fuck you just because you act like one. To see their eyes undress him was enough to make Elliot's stomach churn. Nolan walked up to him, the sickly weak kid who was missing one of his front teeth. He was probably a foot shorter than Elliot too. He walked up at the start of War Strategy class and blatantly began hitting on him. The confidence he had only strengthened Elliot's hatred. How could he be so proud of what he was saying, can he hear the voice he's speaking with? If Elliot sounded like that he'd never open his fucking mouth again. He politely told Nolan that he didn't date fags but the small boy was unrelenting. It wasn't until the end of the day that Elliot was battling hard to suppress his urge to punch this kid. Nolan had found him alone, it would've been the perfect opportunity but Elliot could never hit a cripple. That was when a thought entered his mind, and what accompanied it was a soft push. Nolan was a psionic, and a mind controller at that. He was trying to get Elliot to kiss him. While Elliot had no psychic gifts he was at the high end of the spectrum, making him immune to most powers. Still, he was aware of the strong intent Nolan had tried to put in the command. He leaned forward, the excitement was visible on Nolan's features, and then Elliot head-but him so hard his nose burst.

Nolan squealed and Elliot walked away with disgust, sexual harassment was crossing the line. He was sure the little fag could get off on that when he was alone in his room later. Nolan didn't bother him after that incident. It wasn't like Elliot always ignored the other gay kids at his school. He wasn't a virgin, like his best pal Milo. Even if his level of attraction to his only options was practically nothing, he was still a hormonal teenage boy and needed some kind of release. Gay people were very slutty, so it was easy. Why wouldn't they be when surrounded every day and always by what they can't have? But there was no way in the bleakest blackest hell Elliot would let them top him. The thought equated to a woman with self-loathing issues and no confidence while pretending to be a man with a strap-on dick. Elliot wouldn't kiss them, nor let any part of their body enter his mouth. They were slutty though, so they didn't care. Even when Elliot got angry and was rough, they liked it better then. And they wouldn't tell anyone if they ever wanted another go at it. Although Elliot was sure they giggled with their girlfriends about the anonymous curious guy they managed to pull, the same one several of those girls were crushing on.

The thing it all came down to, honestly, was that Elliot didn't want to be gay. He'd have no problem with gays if he wasn't one. Or if at least some of them didn't always remind him of girly women. He did want to date someone, but that seemed unlikely to ever happen. He envied the other boys in his class and all the options they had. Milo may still be a virgin, but if he was just confident enough to go after what he wanted without shame it wouldn't be too hard for him to get some action. Elliot envied his friend for the relationships he had, he'd dated Juno for two whole years after all! What was a committed relationship compared to lots of casual sex when you're not even attracted to the people you're fucking? Milo was an attractive guy, all of the girls in that group thought so, aside from the two that didn't like men. The two boys were both tall. Milo's short brown hair was at the cutest length, just when the curls were starting to form. His skin was a nice tan all over, except for the flushed colouration that was always there on his cheeks. His dark brown eyes had a deep emotional quality to them and his pink lips were nice and full. What? Elliot couldn't help noticing. It didn't help that Milo was an accidental insatiable flirt either, although Elliot guessed that was because he was such a social creature and got along with girls so well.

His pondering had led him into the arcadium room and he looked around. What Paige said about Sayuri was true, but the thoughtless girl had gotten away with being a nuisance for the last time. Strolling into the game room he looked around at the flashing lights and fellows who crowded around several of the dark rooms where holo-games and movie projections were played. He spied a billiard table in the corner of the room. It was just another thing he was ace at. Milo and him had hustled so many suckers out of their credits with his skill. Damn, he was so awesome at everything that if Elliot were straight he'd have every girl on him and so keen. Maybe that was why the universe made him gay, to try to make some kind of justice. Well, heavy is the crown he guessed. All the other guys were just way too clueless about how to be cool- Elliot's pocket buzzed. He pulled out his round communication device.

-Sorry! Sorry! Sorry! Sorry! Sorry! Sorry! Sorry! Sorry! Sorry! Sorry!

-Shit Elliot i am soooo sorry! ! ! :'(

Fuck. Someone told her he was coming. She wasn't going to get out of it that easy however. Elliot briefly wondered who out of the three people had betrayed him.

We need to talk.

-Look i said im sorry ok wat more do u want ? ? ?

Where are you?

-Im sorry! Im sorry! Im sorry! Im sorry! Im sorry! Im sorry! Im sorry! Im sorry!

For fuck's sake. It was very difficult to stay mad at Sayuri when she did something wrong. But this had happened more than a few times to each of them, which Elliot guessed was why Sayuri was so quick to apologise for everything. She has to actually let him be disappointed in her. This was just stupid. Weaving through the room and chumps as they played their silly joystick games he kicked open the heavy door with his foot.

"Yo Lauren!"

"What up, home slice?"

"Don't be stupid. Is Sayuri here?"

The blonde girl was cleaning her gun. She was making sure the barrel of her M40A3 shooter rifle was in tip shape. Each of the shooting columns was only twenty feet long, which made aiming with a scope rifle redundant. He guessed she was just trying to deal with emotions in whatever strange way suited her.

"Why should I tell you with that attitude? Did you guys finally tie the knot? Gonna consummate the fuck out of each other with your sweaty beating bodies?"

"Yuck."

"Or did she start macking on your hetero life partner again? That'd explain the anger. The need to go out and reclaim your meaty territory."

"You're a fucking strange girl." Lauren was such a dude sometimes, Elliot guessed it was the same as his gay dilemma but flipped cause she was a lesbian. Then again society had always been more lenient to women acting like men so he guessed it was different.

"If she is in the arcadium I haven't seen her. Maybe try the Atrium?"

"I'm just about to." Elliot narrowed his eyes after realising Milo's obvious intervening. "Have fun with all your lady guns, just try not to stick their phallic ends in any dangerous places."

"Does Milo ever make you wear drag when you suck him off every night?"

"Did Juno let you sniff her feet while you touched yourself out of pity?"

"Do you still cry yourself to sleep cause your only friend in the world's virgin ass gets more action than you?"

"Right, laters Lauren."

"Next time, buddy." she farewelled as he closed the door. And that was actually a totally normal exchange between them that if anyone else heard they would have thought was serious. Elliot's IM Buzzer was clogging with Sayuri's pitiful messages and he activated the holo-keyboard. He scrolled through to the recent buzzes.

-I am the worst person nd frend ever an i suck! Elliot is the best an i dont deserve to be his frind! I dont deserve any freinds im the worst stinken person ever! ! !

-Pleeeeeaaase forgive me! ! !

Elliot exited the arcadium and headed for the trolley, he saw another message from Milo.

-So uh sayuri says shes sorry

Really? I hadn't noticed.

-yeah... do you have to be mad at her?

It's honestly very hard and exhausting.

-I know.. no one can be mad at sayuri. I mean, it's sayuri. Look at her.

Well I can't. But I'm guessing you're with her?

-Shes considering crying to change ur mind.

Fucking hell no! She can't get out of things this way. She has to face up to stuff.

-Dude i dont think that she can...

Yeah, you're right. Fuck this. Tell her I don't care anymore. I'm switching off my Buzzer before she spams it any more.

Elliot flipped off the gadget with frustration. Another win for her cowardice, he guessed. But Milo was right, it's hard to stay angry at Sayuri. She really was a good friend, even if she did hit on Elliot often and try to make out with him. He guessed there would be some good to Paige's meddling, now she should back off a bit. With his hands deep in the pockets of his trousers Elliot kicked a pebble and stalked towards the people climbing on the stationary trolley. That was when he noticed the sixth member of the group of girls Milo hung out with. It wasn't like her to be out and about in the middle of lunch. She was either always with the others in the grassy Atrium or deep in the library alone. Changing course Elliot moved to greet her.

Elliot's a bit of a disturbed individual it seems. I've introduced five of the six girls, there's only one to go now. I bet you're all wondering what she'll be like...